PDA

View Full Version : This is the worst* player in the NFL

Broncolingus
08-29-2013, 05:26 PM
...not sure how this was missed so far today.

Probably the most important and quintessential article on the Bronco's 2013-2014 season...

When a nation full of football fans tears into the just-released copies of "Madden 25" this week, they will undoubtedly rush to play the game as Aaron Rodgers and his Green Bay Packers, as Drew Brees and his New Orleans Saints.

Those selecting to play as the Denver Broncos will almost certainly be doing so to play as Peyton Manning. They are most assuredly not doing it to play as Aaron Brewer.

"Aaron Who-er?"

That would be Aaron Brewer, the second-year Denver Bronco who's a virtual NFL unknown. Though that may soon change -- sadly, perhaps, for Brewer. He is the lowest-rated player in all of "Madden 25" (last out of about 2,300 players) and thus now widely regarded as The Worst Player in the NFL.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08/28/worst-player-nfl-madden-25-aaron-brewer?hpt=hp_bn17

Dapper Dan
08-29-2013, 05:34 PM
The whole long snapper thing is weird. It's stupid not to release them because their bad at...long snapping. They always need Centers or Guards there. Unless Madden 25 is different. I haven't played.

Joel
08-29-2013, 06:31 PM
This just in: Madden isn't real football, it's simulated football. I know Madden goes to great lengths to be as realistic as possible, because the eponymous coach made that a condition of licensing his name from the start, and I do respect and value that. Still and so, the difference between Madden NFL and the real NFL is much like the difference between playing Top Gun on the old NES and flying a real Tomcat in Desert Storm.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Says the guy who hasn't played Madden in nearly a decade. ;)

slim
08-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Please, they are almost exactly the same.

rationalfan
08-29-2013, 06:38 PM
This just in: Madden isn't real football, it's simulated football. I know Madden goes to great lengths to be as realistic as possible, because the eponymous coach made that a condition of licensing his name from the start, and I do respect and value that. Still and so, the difference between Madden NFL and the real NFL is much like the difference between playing Top Gun on the old NES and flying a real Tomcat in Desert Storm.

same principle for posting on the internet about playing/coaching NFL football vs. actually playing/coaching NFL football.

also: not picking on you, joel, just using your post as a spin-off.

slim
08-29-2013, 06:39 PM
I suppose next your going to tell me that fantasy football isn't like running a "real team".

You guys are trippin'

rationalfan
08-29-2013, 06:42 PM
I suppose next your going to tell me that fantasy football isn't like running a "real team".

You guys are trippin'

another spin off, the reason i despise fantasy football:

so it's 2001-ish, i'm in a sports bar watching the broncos playing the chargers and sitting next to a stranger wearing an ed mcaffrey jersey. we're BS'n, then he stands up and starts yelling after san diego scores a touchdown. i look at the guy with a combination of shock/anger. he turns and says, "i have that guy on my fantasy team."

while fantasy football is good for the business of the NFL, it's terrible for team loyalty.

slim
08-29-2013, 06:44 PM

so it's 2001-ish, i'm in a sports bar watching the broncos playing the chargers and sitting next to a stranger wearing an ed mcaffrey jersey. we're BS'n, then he stands up and starts yelling after san diego scores a touchdown. i look at the guy with a combination of shock/anger. he turns and says, "i have that guy on my fantasy team."

while fantasy football is good for the business of the NFL, it's terrible for team loyalty.

That guy was a douche bag. I think most fans would have been as shocked as you were. I know I would have been.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2013, 06:45 PM

I fix that by takings tons of Broncos players. I don't always win. But that's what I get for taking Matt Prater so early.

slim
08-29-2013, 06:48 PM
I fix that by takings tons of Broncos players. I don't always when. But that's what I get for taking Matt Prater so early.

If I have a player on my FF team that is playing against Denver, I will usually just bench them (within reason, of course).

OrangeHoof
08-29-2013, 06:55 PM
I expected this thread to be about Tebow.

Then I realized it was about Aaron ----- who? Hernandez, right?

Then I figured out this about some player nobody's heard of in a video game. What a letdown.

slim
08-29-2013, 06:57 PM
I've heard of him. He is a Bronco!

Dapper Dan
08-29-2013, 06:57 PM
I expected this thread to be about Tebow.

Then I realized it was about Aaron ----- who? Hernandez, right?

Then I figured out this about some player nobody's heard of in a video game. What a letdown.

We can talk about whatever you want.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Holy tits. I just said "when" instead of "win". I've been up since midnight. It may be time for some sleep.

Joel
08-29-2013, 07:33 PM
same principle for posting on the internet about playing/coaching NFL football vs. actually playing/coaching NFL football.

also: not picking on you, joel, just using your post as a spin-off.
It's a fair point; there's all kinds of behind the scenes stuff none of us ever see, and sometimes it has a big impact on what we do see. Watching from the stands necessitates a certain amount of speculation. The difference is we're speculating about what's actually happening based on what's actually happening, not a bunch of pixels on a screen. Well, not just that; I'm reduced to watching games on a laptop these days.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2013, 07:35 PM
It's a fair point; there's all kinds of behind the scenes stuff none of us ever see, and sometimes it has a big impact on what we do see. Watching from the stands necessitates a certain amount of speculation. The difference is we're speculating about what's actually happening based on what's actually happening, not a bunch of pixels on a screen. Well, not just that; I'm reduced to watching games on a laptop these days.

If I had a nickel for every pixel on my screen while watching games, I might have enough to buy a soda.

Dapper Dan
08-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Nice snap by Brewer. I'm not sure how they justify the rating.

TXBRONC
08-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Says the guy who hasn't played Madden in nearly a decade. ;)

But he learned how the draft works from playing Madden and he lives in a Holiday Inn fwiw.

Northman
08-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Lol, its Madden. Come on.

BroncoNut
08-30-2013, 09:29 AM
this Aaron Brewer fellow sure sounds like a loser. Glad I'm not him

powderaddict
08-30-2013, 11:05 AM

My reality: Shattered.