PDA

View Full Version : One fan started a petition on Change.org asking the league to removed the Flacco posters.

Magnificent Seven
08-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Please sigh this petition. Thanks.

http://www.change.org/petitions/national-football-league-take-the-joe-flacco-signage-off-my-mile-high-stadium-and-get-it-out-of-my-mile-high-city?share_id=eIyuhzAscf&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

Magnificent Seven
08-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Just signed! :salute:

SoCalImport
08-27-2013, 09:58 PM
or folk could choose to have a thicker skin than most sports fans.
Just a thought from some dude thousands of miles away that doesn't have to look at the posters

BroncoWave
08-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Oh geez. We're really making this big of a deal out of it now?

Poet
08-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Oh geez. We're really making this big of a deal out of it now?

I can't lie, this would bother the shit out of me.

BroncoWave
08-27-2013, 10:22 PM

Meh, I said this in another thread but this will be a non-story after the game. If we win, we'll all be laughing about the banner and how it gave us extra motivation. If we lose, everyone will be too busy yelling about how the sky is falling to even remember banner-gate.

I'd rather have the game at home and have a Flacco banner at Mile High than have to play the game in Baltimore.

Poet
08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Meh, I said this in another thread but this will be a non-story after the game. If we win, we'll all be laughing about the banner and how it gave us extra motivation. If we lose, everyone will be too busy yelling about how the sky is falling to even remember banner-gate.

I'd rather have the game at home and have a Flacco banner at Mile High than have to play the game in Baltimore.

Fair points, but it would drive me bonkers.

Dapper Dan
08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I go to Ravens message boards and post pictures of Peyton Manning. I found addresses of everyone in the Ravens organization. I have mailed them pictures of Peyton Manning. I've spammed their emails with pictures of Peyton Manning. I call Joe Flacco's mother at 3am and whisper "Peyton Manning" and hang up. Do I seem petty?

*note-I have not attempted any of that, yet.

Dapper Dan
08-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Idk. Manning has never beaten to Ravens in Denver.

Poet
08-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Idk. Manning has never beaten to Ravens in Denver.

But he's never lost to the Ravens in Denver while a Flacco banner was in the vicinity.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 1111!111!!!!!11!1

Dapper Dan
08-27-2013, 10:50 PM
But he's never lost to the Ravens in Denver while a Flacco banner was in the vicinity.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 1111!111!!!!!11!1

He hasn't played that scenario. We were talking in Denver versus in Baltimore. Peyton is undefeated in one scenario and hasn't won a game in the other. Jeez, King. This is serious.

Poet
08-27-2013, 10:51 PM
He hasn't played that scenario. We were talking in Denver versus in Baltimore. Peyton is undefeated in one scenario and hasn't won a game in the other. Jeez, King. This is serious.

I apologize.

Dapper Dan
08-27-2013, 10:53 PM
I apologize.

I'm sorry for snapping. I'm lacking sleep.

Jsteve01
08-27-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm sorry for snapping. I'm lacking sleep. thanks fore being a grown up and apologizing for beind a dick. That's what I like about you db. Ability to admit when you're wrong.

Dapper Dan
08-27-2013, 11:07 PM
thanks fore being a grown up and apologizing for beind a dick. That's what I like about you db. Ability to admit when you're wrong.

What? I'm never wrong. I just like to let other people think they're right every now and then. It's like my charity work.

Jsteve01
08-27-2013, 11:10 PM
What? I'm never wrong. I just like to let other people think they're right every now and then. It's like my charity work. philanthropy at its finest

Northman
08-28-2013, 05:29 AM
Done

Northman
08-28-2013, 05:30 AM
or folk could choose to have a thicker skin than most sports fans.
Just a thought from some dude thousands of miles away that doesn't have to look at the posters

Its the principal of the matter smokey.

Northman
08-28-2013, 05:32 AM

Yea, i think its hogwash. While its not world ending it does bother me and i dont even live in CO anymore. No city should be forced to promote billboards of rival teams just to promote a game. I dont see Bmore being forced to carry Manning signs anywhere.

Northman
08-28-2013, 05:33 AM

Not me, i rather have them beat their ass here in Baltimore. Especially if i could attend the game like last year. No greater satisfaction than watching Ravens fans pile out of their stadium after receiving an ass whooping.

MasterShake
08-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Sad thing is (for me anyway) if we had WON that game it wouldn't bug me at all. I mean right now I could really care less, but I don't like seeing Flacco up there. The NFL is not going to take it down because of a petition. These things are going down on Friday after the win or Thursday night in the post game riots if we lose again.

Seriously though I'm a huge fan and when I initially saw the signs with Flacco and Manning on 16th street mall it didn't strike me as odd. Maybe because I have worked in marketing for so long...

To me the worst ads around here are when the Nuggets are having a bad year and they have to showcase the teams they are playing with their "5 Game Fan Plan!" where YOU get to SEE teams like the Lakers, The Heat, etc. instead of having to suffer through the Nuggets. I haven't seen those in a few years, but those bugged me more than some NFL opening kickoff campaign. My thing is that you don't need to promote this game in Denver, we are well aware there is a game going on next week. Ever since the loss that is all that has been on the radio. This isn't Atlanta or San Diego, we actually keep track of our team here.

BroncoWave
08-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Not me, i rather have them beat their ass here in Baltimore. Especially if i could attend the game like last year. No greater satisfaction than watching Ravens fans pile out of their stadium after receiving an ass whooping.

You are talking about a different thing than I am. You are assuming we win the game. I want the scenario that gives us the best chance of winning. Playing in Denver gives us a better chance of winning than playing in Baltimore.

Northman
08-28-2013, 08:42 AM
You are talking about a different thing than I am. You are assuming we win the game. I want the scenario that gives us the best chance of winning. Playing in Denver gives us a better chance of winning than playing in Baltimore.

I thought that too going into the playoffs last year. lol

BroncoWave
08-28-2013, 09:17 AM
I thought that too going into the playoffs last year. lol

Yes, road teams do win in the NFL. Once again though, my point is that playing at home gives us a better chance at winning than playing on the road. Since the NFL started this kickoff game, the home team has only lost it once.

Tned
08-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Sad thing is (for me anyway) if we had WON that game it wouldn't bug me at all. I mean right now I could really care less, but I don't like seeing Flacco up there. The NFL is not going to take it down because of a petition. These things are going down on Friday after the win or Thursday night in the post game riots if we lose again.

Seriously though I'm a huge fan and when I initially saw the signs with Flacco and Manning on 16th street mall it didn't strike me as odd. Maybe because I have worked in marketing for so long...

To me the worst ads around here are when the Nuggets are having a bad year and they have to showcase the teams they are playing with their "5 Game Fan Plan!" where YOU get to SEE teams like the Lakers, The Heat, etc. instead of having to suffer through the Nuggets. I haven't seen those in a few years, but those bugged me more than some NFL opening kickoff campaign. My thing is that you don't need to promote this game in Denver, we are well aware there is a game going on next week. Ever since the loss that is all that has been on the radio. This isn't Atlanta or San Diego, we actually keep track of our team here.

Yea, kind of the way I was looking at it. It would bug me, but I understand why. It's like when I went to the London game, they had one Broncos banner and one 49er banner on each side of the main entrance. Granted, that was a neutral stadium, but it's how they promote major games.

powderaddict
08-28-2013, 09:35 AM
This is ridiculous and they should be torn down.

I understand why the NFL did it, that doesn't mean it doesn't piss me the hell off.

MOtorboat
08-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Yea, kind of the way I was looking at it. It would bug me, but I understand why. It's like when I went to the London game, they had one Broncos banner and one 49er banner on each side of the main entrance. Granted, that was a neutral stadium, but it's how they promote major games.

Wasn't that supposed to be a Giant's home game?

Ravage!!!
08-28-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't see the big deal.

TXBRONC
08-28-2013, 10:27 AM
If anyone is to blame it's the Chamber of Commerce/ or whatever call them. The NFL asked to rent the space and the city let them. So NFL paid some kind of monetary sum and I would be it wasn't cheap.

slim
08-28-2013, 10:43 AM

But this isn't after the game, it's 10 days before. So your point sucks.

BroncoWave
08-28-2013, 10:46 AM
But this isn't after the game, it's 10 days before. So your point sucks.

It's actually 8 days before. So your math sucks. :)

slim
08-28-2013, 10:49 AM
It's actually 8 days before. So your math sucks. :)

It was 10 when they put it up (or maybe nine).

Hey, would you let your boyfriend hang a picture of some guy he used to bang in your bedroom?

BroncoWave
08-28-2013, 10:49 AM
And my point doesn't suck. I'm not going to get outraged over something that literally no one will care about 8 days from now.

slim
08-28-2013, 10:52 AM
I see. So you would allow the picture, but only for 8 days.

BroncoWave
08-28-2013, 10:56 AM

Well I wasn't outraged when they put it up 2 days ago either, so at least 10.

slim
08-28-2013, 11:02 AM
You don't have to be "outraged" to understand why people don't like this. Unless you are intentionally being obtuse...which just isn't like you.

BroncoWave
08-28-2013, 11:06 AM
You don't have to be "outraged" to understand why people don't like this. Unless you are intentionally being obtuse...which just isn't like you.

I get why it could annoy fans. But I think going to the level of starting a petition to have it taken down is a little over the top.

Northman
08-28-2013, 11:09 AM

Bwhhahahahahhaa

Northman
08-28-2013, 11:11 AM
I get why it could annoy fans. But I think going to the level of starting a petition to have it taken down is a little over the top.

Believe me, if this shit was happening in Bmore it would be the same thing and probably worse.

BroncoWave
08-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Believe me, if this shit was happening in Bmore it would be the same thing and probably worse.

Would it? Given that they won the SB last year, I can't imagine they would get too mad about it. I think the main reason Broncos fans are upset about it is because the banners are of the team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year. Had we won the SB, I don't think anyone would be getting that up in arms about a picture from a player of some team we beat in the playoffs last season.

slim
08-28-2013, 11:14 AM

No fan base would be OK with this. If it were any other team than Balitmore, then no one would care. But it's not any other team.

Northman
08-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Would it? Given that they won the SB last year, I can't imagine they would get too mad about it. I think the main reason Broncos fans are upset about it is because the banners are of the team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year. Had we won the SB, I don't think anyone would be getting that up in arms about a picture from a player of some team we beat in the playoffs last season.

I said if the roles were reversed.

slim
08-28-2013, 11:31 AM

So you understand why people are upset and are just arguing to argue. I'm glad we've cleared that up.

chazoe60
08-28-2013, 11:39 AM
It's bullshit and disrespectful. Is it the worst thing in the world? No, letting women vote is, but that's a different issue for a different thread.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-28-2013, 11:44 AM
It's bullshit and disrespectful. Is it the worst thing in the world? No, letting women vote is, but that's a different issue for a different thread.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt290/LordVisigoth/ohSNAP.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/LordVisigoth/media/ohSNAP.gif.html)

BroncoWave
08-28-2013, 11:47 AM
So you understand why people are upset and are just arguing to argue. I'm glad we've cleared that up.

Just trying to add some perspective to the conversation.

Cugel
08-28-2013, 05:51 PM

The only thing that matters is what the PLAYERS think about this! Do they look at that smug face staring down at them from their own stadium and get some revenge? Or do they roll over and let Flacco make them his bitches.

It's really that simple. What are you going to do boys?

sneakers
08-28-2013, 05:59 PM
lel who cares, they wil be gone in a week.

they just posters, go draw funny mustaches on them

draw dicks going cumming his mouth

use your imagination

Tned
08-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Wasn't that supposed to be a Giant's home game?

49ers, but yes, their home game. Inside, all of the colors were 49er colors. Everyone was given little flags to wave with 49ers colors/logos, outside, they had people walking around on stilts in SF uniforms, etc. Except for the banners outside and a couple other things showing both teams, they tried to make it feel like a 49er home game.

Tned
08-28-2013, 09:34 PM

Yea, it's like some idiot starting a petition to bring back Broncos orange jerseys.... Oh, wait.....

BroncoWave
08-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Yea, it's like some idiot starting a petition to bring back Broncos orange jerseys.... Oh, wait.....

I never said petitions were a bad thing. I just don't think this particular cause needs a petition.

Northman
08-29-2013, 07:29 AM
I dont mind the petition. THere are other ways to promote this kind of stuff without putting a rival team on the actual stadium. This was ****** up, plain and simple. Not life threatening, but ****** up none the less.

Poet
08-29-2013, 03:29 PM
I dont mind the petition. THere are other ways to promote this kind of stuff without putting a rival team on the actual stadium. This was ****** up, plain and simple. Not life threatening, but ****** up none the less.

At least you guys didn't violently tear the stuff down and attack people who were involved with it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-29-2013, 03:39 PM
At least you guys didn't violently tear the stuff down and attack people who were involved with it.

.............yet :D

Can you imagine if they tried something like this in Vancouver, BC? They'd riot and loot in the streets. :laugh:

Northman
08-29-2013, 03:52 PM

Well yea, there is that. lol

pnbronco
08-30-2013, 02:48 PM

I thought of you yesterday as we were walking out the of the stadium. Everywhere you looked fans were wearing Orange, it's just nice to have that again. Also it's been great to sit in our seats and see orange again, instead of other colors like we had for far too long. Thanks for doing that. I feel like it's brought back that old fashion home feel again.

Northman
08-30-2013, 03:18 PM
I miss the Blue Uni's.

Magnificent Seven
08-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Reached 3,108 signatures and counting...

Army Bronco
08-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Can we start a petition to get rid of Von's suspension or make it a 2 game suspension? In honor of the 58th post on this thread.

Magnificent Seven
08-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Reached 4,304 signatures and counting...

BroncoJoe
09-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Reached 3,108 signatures and counting...

This petition will be dealt with by Friday, September 6th.