PDA

View Full Version : Broncos begin trimming roster

DenBronx
08-25-2013, 05:15 PM
“That’s the toughest," wide receiver Demaryius Thomas said of cutdowns after Saturday's win. "You make friends with new guys and see everybody working hard. It’s not easy. It’s a 53-man roster and we’ve got like 90 now. It’s going to be tough to see guys go away just because everybody on this team competed and there’s a lot of potential out there. I wish the best to everybody.”

Below is a look at Sunday's transactions, which got the team to 77 players.

NAME
Kemonte' Bateman
Mario Butler
Manase Foketi
Ryan Katz
Uona Kaveinga
Nigel Malone
Quincy McDuffie
Greg Orton
Deangelo Peterson
Lanston Tanyi
Quentin Saulsberry

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Trim-Roster-to-77/c06eb3a5-9ba9-4c16-aaa9-0a6cda199db4

TXBRONC
08-25-2013, 05:36 PM
“That’s the toughest," wide receiver Demaryius Thomas said of cutdowns after Saturday's win. "You make friends with new guys and see everybody working hard. It’s not easy. It’s a 53-man roster and we’ve got like 90 now. It’s going to be tough to see guys go away just because everybody on this team competed and there’s a lot of potential out there. I wish the best to everybody.”

Below is a look at Sunday's transactions, which got the team to 77 players.

NAME
Kemonte' Bateman
Mario Butler
Manase Foketi
Ryan Katz
Uona Kaveinga
Nigel Malone
Quincy McDuffie
Greg Orton
Deangelo Peterson
Lanston Tanyi
Quentin Saulsberry

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Trim-Roster-to-77/c06eb3a5-9ba9-4c16-aaa9-0a6cda199db4

Thanks for the update.

Jsteve01
08-25-2013, 05:40 PM
feel bad for Orton. he was tearing it up in camp for the second straight year and for the second straight year he got hurt.

TXBRONC
08-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Does Orton still have practice squad eligibility?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2013, 07:21 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos surprised no one Sunday as they took a step toward getting the roster to 75 players by Tuesday's deadline, and it was clear their decisions were influenced by who's hurt and who isn't.

The toughest choices are still to come, of course, with the deadline to get down to 53 players arriving Saturday at 4 p.m. MT. The Broncos will start the clock for the regular season sooner than most teams because they're playing in the league's kickoff game Sept. 5, and so the team will likely make the majority of their cuts this Friday -- the day after the preseason finale against Arizona -- because they will practice on the weekend in preparation for the opener against Baltimore.

Sunday's cuts put the Broncos roster at 77 players, including center J.D. Walton, who is on the physically unable to perform list. Walton, who had ankle surgery before training camp, is expected to be ready by late October or early November.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/61478/injuries-healing-influenced-broncos-cuts

Ziggy
08-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Mario Butler to the practice squad is my guess.

Jsteve01
08-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Mario Butler to the practice squad is my guess.. I'd like to believe in butler but Hester has looked better to me

Simple Jaded
08-25-2013, 10:44 PM
I would expect the PS to be comprised of final cuts players. Orton will go on IR, I believe.

tomjonesrocks
08-26-2013, 11:30 AM
No RB cuts yet I notice.

Good position to play if you are on the bubble in Denver.

Cugel
08-26-2013, 01:06 PM
These are the easy cuts -- guys who were basically on the roster for the coaches to have a quick look-see. Most of them will be driving taxis or installing drywall for the next 10 years.

The tough cuts are the final cuts down to the 53 man roster when they have to get rid of some promising young players or let veterans who might be useful go. There are always surprises here.

dogfish
08-27-2013, 03:44 PM
quinton carter has been placed on IR

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/broncos-place-j-d-walton-on-reserve-pup-list-quinton-carter-on-injured-reserve/

i'm assuming we'll just stick with mike adams and david bruton as our backup safeties, but it might also be worth at least kicking the tires on recently-released kenny philips to see what kind of shape he's in-- he obviously wouldn't have the advantage of already knowing our defense, but if he is healthy, he's a more talented player than adams. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-27-2013, 04:27 PM
quinton carter has been placed on IR

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/broncos-place-j-d-walton-on-reserve-pup-list-quinton-carter-on-injured-reserve/

i'm assuming we'll just stick with mike adams and david bruton as our backup safeties, but it might also be worth at least kicking the tires on recently-released kenny philips to see what kind of shape he's in-- he obviously wouldn't have the advantage of already knowing our defense, but if he is healthy, he's a more talented player than adams. . .

I read an article that said he had lost a fair amount of speed if I recall correctly. He had a couple knee injuries that he never recovered from. We might be better off sticking with Jammer.

Bosco
08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
That sucks about Quinton Carter. He looked really good in 2011 and I had high hopes for him this year.

TXBRONC
08-27-2013, 09:24 PM
I read an article that said he had lost a fair amount of speed if I recall correctly. He had a couple knee injuries that he never recovered from. We might be better off sticking with Jammer.

I don't Think Jammer is going make the roster because from what I've heard he hasn't had a very good camp.

Jsteve01
08-27-2013, 10:43 PM
I don't Jammer is going make the roster because from what I've heard he hasn't had a very good camp.

defensive backs age more quickly than any other position. You can't just transition to being "possession corner/safety" If you lose your quickness and your fast twitch, you're done.

ShaneFalco
08-28-2013, 12:10 AM
defensive backs age more quickly than any other position. You can't just transition to being "possession corner/safety" If you lose your quickness and your fast twitch, you're done.

HB and LB beg to differ!