PDA

View Full Version : Training camp - 8-21

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043

Reality has set in. Von w the scout team. Nate Irving starts. Smh. Hard to believe. Better news. Welker back

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 4

Also, Ryan Lilja, Jeremiah Johnson, CJ Anderson not practicing for #Broncos

Wes Welker is back at practice today for #Broncos. Wolfe, Bailey, Bradley, Ayers are not participating.

BroncoWave
08-21-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm glad the coaches aren't keeping Von with the starters. Definitely the right decision IMO. Time to get some cohesion going with the unit who will start week 1.

CoachChaz
08-21-2013, 12:47 PM
What do we do if Irving gets 4 or 5 sacks in the first 6 games? Good problem to have, I suppose

BroncoWave
08-21-2013, 12:48 PM
What do we do if Irving gets 4 or 5 sacks in the first 6 games? Good problem to have, I suppose

Would be a great problem to have. Von will absolutely go back to starting no matter what, but you can never have too many good pass rushers.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-21-2013, 12:48 PM

No kidding. I think he'll do a decent job, but I suspect he'll be coming out on 3rd down anyway. I wonder if they'll have McCray come in.

CoachChaz
08-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Irving has some quickness in the pass rush. Did quite a bit of it in college. I'd like to see what he can do

dogfish
08-21-2013, 01:05 PM

celebrate?

Ziggy
08-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Irving has some quickness in the pass rush. Did quite a bit of it in college. I'd like to see what he can do

He also brings some attitude and hard hitting to the defense. I'm looking forward to watching him as well. Even if it's from the 5th level on Saturday night. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 1h

Will von talk today? The broncos are encouraging him to talk and the union has advised him not to for a lengthy period of time. We will see

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 20m

Jack del rio said he wants to keep his reaction to Von's suspension private.

I asked von if he wanted to comment he waved me off declining to comment

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2013, 03:44 PM
With Von Miller officially facing a six-game suspension to open the regular season, the Broncos began to adjust to what on-field life will be like without their sack leader.

"He’s got to play when he comes back,’’ Fox said.

But the Broncos tweaked some things in Wednesday’s practice to deal with Miller’s absence. Nate Irving continues to be the most likely option at Miller’s strongside linebacker spot in the base defense and took a selection of plays there Wednesday. Wesley Woodyard has officially moved into the middle linebacker spot and second-year linebacker Danny Trevathan will be on the weak side. Woodyard and Trevathan usually stay in as the two linebackers in the nickel.

“Our jobs are to go out this week and show that it’s not going to harm us,’’ Trevathan said. “... You’re always going to miss a player like Von, but we all have to do a little more so when he comes back we’re in a good situation.’’

full article - http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/81159/broncos-now-plan-for-von-millers-absence

DenBronx
08-21-2013, 04:03 PM

If thats the case then Irving would make a serious case to be on the field with Woody and Von. It would have to be MLB I would think. Bradleys looked terrible anyway.

DenBronx
08-21-2013, 04:03 PM

Del Taco Rio looked pissed off. I like that about him.

TXBRONC
08-21-2013, 04:05 PM
It's just sad to see someone as talented put himself in this position.

DenBronx
08-21-2013, 04:08 PM
It's just sad to see someone as talented put himself in this position.

He is also going to lose 2 million. A very costly mistake all around.

It would have been better if would have just failed the test, got 4 games then appealed for a reduced suspension. He got 6 games because he spilled then provided a diluted sample. Had he just let them test the 1st test things wouldnt have been this bad.

GEM
08-21-2013, 04:09 PM

Doubt Von will ever say much to DMac after the marijuana question in that press conference.

TXBRONC
08-21-2013, 04:29 PM
He is also going to lose 2 million. A very costly mistake all around.

It would have been better if would have just failed the test, got 4 games then appealed for a reduced suspension. He got 6 games because he spilled then provided a diluted sample. Had he just let them test the 1st test things wouldnt have been this bad.

Some of that damage is irreparable. Now for the rest of his career he will always be one screw up away from a year suspension.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Some of that damage is irreparable. Now for the rest of his career he will always be one screw up away from a year suspension.

Chris Carter handled it ok. If he's dumb enough to get high with a test at risk then that's his problem.

dogfish
08-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Doubt Von will ever say much to DMac after the marijuana question in that press conference.

why would any player ever want to take to that raging d-bag??

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2013, 06:47 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- All-Pro linebacker Von Miller donned a scout team skullcap over his helmet Wednesday and spent much of practice helping the Denver Broncos prepare to play more than a third of the season without him.

Miller was part spectator, part tutor when he wasn't squaring off against Pro Bowl left tackle Ryan Clady as a member of Denver's scout team in his first practice since the NFL handed him a six-game suspension for violating the league's drug-abuse policy.

Nate Irving took his place at strongside linebacker in the base defense alongside Danny Trevathan and Wesley Woodyard, and Shaun Phillips replaced him at rush end in the nickel packages as the Broncos began working on Plan B following the NFL's verdict.

''I don't know that one guy can take Von's place,'' coach John Fox said. ''I just know collectively as a football team we have to all pick it up.''

rest - good article - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/von-miller-fades-broncos-background-222423653--nfl.html

TXBRONC
08-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Chris Carter handled it ok. If he's dumb enough to get high with a test at risk then that's his problem.

I don't think the same drug policies were in place when Carter played.

TXBRONC
08-21-2013, 08:00 PM
rest - good article - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/von-miller-fades-broncos-background-222423653--nfl.html

Replacing a talent like Miller is tall order to say the least.