PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller potential witness in bar murders case

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 05:15 PM
DENVER - It's not entirely clear why Denver prosecutors have decided to list Denver Bronco linebacker Von Miller as a potential witness in a high-profile death penalty case, but newly released court documents indicate the Denver District Attorney's Office is reserving the right to call Miller to the stand during the sentencing phase of the trial should it see fit.

The case involves the deaths of five people inside Fero's Bar and Grill on October 17, 2012. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Dexter Lewis, 23. Two co-defendants have already pleaded guilty and are awaiting sentencing.

Von Miller's name appears along with dozens of other names in a court filing obtained by 9News. The motion is part of a standard disclosure to the defense of people who could be called to the stand during the trial. It is filled with police officers and firefighters names, but near the end of the list Miller's name and correct date of birth appears in a subsection labeled "lay witnesses." In the motion, Miller is listed as "a possible acquaintance of (a friend of Lewis) and may testify about prior events and the Defendant's attire." 9News is seeking clarification of this line from the Denver District Attorney's Office.

rest - http://www.9news.com/news/article/351104/339/Von-Miller-potential-witness-in-bar-murders-case
ch9 just had this on their news

MOtorboat
08-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Jimminy ******* Christmas.

Northman
08-19-2013, 05:18 PM
What the ****?

slim
08-19-2013, 05:29 PM
What in the world is going on with Von?

Poet
08-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Okay, I highly doubt he was involved with the murder.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Story on what happened at Fero's - scary if Von was a friend of Lewis

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_23730480/man-charged-five-stabbing-deaths-awaits-decision-death

slim
08-19-2013, 05:34 PM

Yeah, me too. But why is he friends with this scumbag?

His decision making is really bizarre. I wonder if he understands how much he has to lose?

Poet
08-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Bronco players and night clubs have a bad track record.

Northman
08-19-2013, 05:36 PM

Yea, very true. BUT..... he was recently buying a gun (not a crime) but shit if he is hanging around with people committing murders that isnt a good sign. I just dont get it.....

Poet
08-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah, me too. But why is he friends with this scumbag?

His decision making is really bizarre. I wonder if he understands how much he has to lose?

Maybe he kept him around for protection? Or maybe he met the guy and the guy was a good friend to him. I had a buddy who was always there for me whenever I needed him. Good, loyal friend and had a lot of respect for the guy.

Then he had a life crisis, started to sell crack and ended up killing a guy.

Shit happens.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 05:37 PM

I don't think he was either - however; as the article says - if he was a friend of Lewis - what kind of people are he hanging out with????

Some guy is on talking with dmac and Al right now, and this guy knows every thing that went on, and he is saying that Von was not at Fero's that night.

camdisco24
08-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Von needs counseling on decision making and the idea of "guilty by association".
I dont get how someone of his profile is even attached to stories like this. Time to grow up Von, you become who you hang around. Time for a change.

slim
08-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Maybe he kept him around for protection? Or maybe he met the guy and the guy was a good friend to him. I had a buddy who was always there for me whenever I needed him. Good, loyal friend and had a lot of respect for the guy.

Then he had a life crisis, started to sell crack and ended up killing a guy.

Shit happens.

Yeah, it may be nothing. But with everything that's happened in the last month or so, I don't know what to think.

Poet
08-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Yeah, it may be nothing. But with everything that's happened in the last month or so, I don't know what to think.

I totally understand. I think Von needs a white woman.

UnderArmour
08-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Witness=/=suspect. Being a witness means he didn't do anything wrong. Nothing to see here folks. :coffee:

Magnificent Seven
08-19-2013, 05:58 PM
I am done with Von Miller. Let's move on. Draft other Stud LB.

Poet
08-19-2013, 06:03 PM
I am done with Von Miller. Let's move on. Draft other LB stud.

Could you imagine Von Miller on the Bengals? Oh man, I agree, cut him!

ShaneFalco
08-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Witness=/=suspect. Being a witness means he didn't do anything wrong. Nothing to see here folks. :coffee:

forget the fact he is helping the prosecution. TRADE OR CUT HIM NOW!!!!! ROARRRRRRRRRR!

camdisco24
08-19-2013, 06:10 PM

Association is the problem here, IMO.

slim
08-19-2013, 06:11 PM

No.

It sounds like he is more a friend of a friend of the guy that killed those people.

Poet
08-19-2013, 06:11 PM
No.

It sounds like he is more a friend of a friend of the guy that killed those people.

The league definitely wants to play against a team with Von, Atkins, Dunlap, Johnson and Harrison.

It'd be fine! FINE I TELL YA!

slim
08-19-2013, 06:13 PM
The league definitely wants to play against a team with Von, Atkins, Dunlap, Johnson and Harrison.

It'd be fine! FINE I TELL YA!

I said no. Don't make me say it again.

Devilspawn
08-19-2013, 06:14 PM
We'll take him. Our pass rush is abysmal. It'll be the perfect matchup since he is acting like a typical Raider, yes?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 06:18 PM
From the 9 news article:

In the motion, Miller is listed as "a possible acquaintance of (a friend of Lewis)

http://www.9news.com/news/article/351104/339/Von-Miller-on-witness-list-in-death-penalty-case

The guy who called dmac/Al, stated that Von was NOT a friend of Lewis, but Von was a friend of the youngest victim. They have not yet posted the segment yet on the fan website, but this guy knew all about this. I was just not able to listen to everything he said.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Also, from 9news article - updated from original article

The Denver Broncos said they are aware that Miller has been listed as a potential witness in the case. The Broncos have been told Miller had zero-direct involvement in the Fero's Bar murders.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/351104/339/Von-Miller-on-witness-list-in-death-penalty-case

dogfish
08-19-2013, 06:20 PM
We'll take him. Our pass rush is abysmal. It'll be the perfect matchup since he is acting like a typical Raider, yes?

except he has talent-- not a good fit in oakland. . . :wave:

Dzone
08-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Von has let down his teammates , the Bronco Organization and Bronco fans. He should be utterly ashamed of himself. Problem is, he probably isnt and will get in trouble again. Sounds like he has a dark private life that few know about.

MOtorboat
08-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Von has let down his teammates , the Bronco Organization and Bronco fans. He should be utterly ashamed of himself. Problem is, he probably isnt and will get in trouble again. Sounds like he has a dark private life that few know about.

Relax. There's conflicting reports. Lots of people know people who get killed, which is a sad reflection of society, not just Von Miller.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Relax. There's conflicting reports. Lots of people know people who get killed, which is a sad reflection of society, not just Von Miller.

Totally agree - they now have it posted on the fan website with the guy who called dmac/al, and who knows about all of this

http://www.1043thefan.com/thedrive/ - it is hour 2

jhildebrand
08-19-2013, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't necessarily equate acquaintance and friend from the article. For all we know he could be a target of extortion and other BS. Either way, he has got to do a better job insulating himself.

Nomad
08-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Put yourself in a bubble, Von, or at least, until your BRONCO days are over:lol:..........no weed either:D

Devilspawn
08-19-2013, 06:38 PM
except he has talent-- not a good fit in oakland. . . :wave:

I will give you props for that witty comeback, you *******. :laugh: We're working on it.

Nomad
08-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Von has a message for all us worry warts. :D

http://youtu.be/zaGUr6wzyT8

I'm not worried because I've become numb to the NFL players of today, I guess a player like Champ Bailey is rare.....outstanding player and stays out of trouble.

BTW, I can't stomach Bob Marley, what's his message. Most weed smokers I know worship Bob Marley:lol:

CrazyHorse
08-19-2013, 06:57 PM
At least he's not a suspect. *cough* Hernandez *cough*

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-19-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm not worried because I've become numb to the NFL players of today, I guess a player like Champ Bailey is rare.....outstanding player and stays out of trouble.

BTW, I can't stomach Bob Marley, what's his message. Most weed smokers I know worship Bob Marley:lol:

That was the intended satire.

Spiritguy
08-19-2013, 07:16 PM
NFL players and night clubs have a bad track record.

fixed it for ya. :D

WTE
08-19-2013, 07:21 PM

Yeah, like I initially thought Hernandez was an innocent bystander too.

Nomad
08-19-2013, 07:25 PM

Von didn't go to Florida or Miami, so he was just a bystander.

WTE
08-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Von didn't go to Florida or Miami, so he was just a bystander.

Do you think someday he will kill multiple people like Hernandez?

Poet
08-19-2013, 07:33 PM

Yeah, but you're an idiot.

WTE
08-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Yeah, but you're an idiot.

and you make poor long-term health decisions.

Poet
08-19-2013, 07:40 PM
and you make poor long-term health decisions.

Actually my cholesterol levels are great, my heart and longs are in great shape too. My knees are ******* awful though.

DenBronx
08-19-2013, 08:26 PM
As many good things that have happened in the past couple seasons shit like this just messes it up.

I am ashamed of Miller right now. Had nothing but respect for him and now he just makes the Broncos the laughing stock of the NFL.

DenBronx
08-19-2013, 08:28 PM

I bet this story just made your day didnt it?

ShaneFalco
08-19-2013, 08:29 PM
BTW, I can't stomach Bob Marley, what's his message.
Took many stands against gov corruption in Jamaica, i believe one time they actually tried to kill him before he went on stage.

His message was strong individual rights and peace through music and celebration.

Az Snake
08-19-2013, 09:26 PM
rest - http://www.9news.com/news/article/351104/339/Von-Miller-potential-witness-in-bar-murders-case
ch9 just had this on their news

The last two sentences of the article:

"The Denver Broncos said they are aware that Miller has been listed as a potential witness in the case.

The Broncos have been told Miller had zero-direct involvement in the Fero's Bar murders."

Dzone
08-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Anyone who listens to Bob Marley is a pothead. Guaranteed. :pound:

You can bet Von Miller has a bob marley t shirt . Everyone who smokes pot does:lol:

OK, just kidding...but Von needs to be careful who is hanging around with

MOtorboat
08-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Anyone who listens to Bob Marley is a pothead. Guaranteed. :pound:

You can bet Von Miller has a bob marley t shirt . Everyone who smokes pot does:lol:

OK, just kidding...but Von needs to be careful who is hanging around with

I'm not a pothead. And I love Bob Marley.

dogfish
08-19-2013, 10:35 PM
marley was a voice of hope for poverty-stricken people everywhere-- i will fight anyone who talks shit about him, even my buddy nomad. . . if you're going to judge him for smoking weed, i sure hope you don't listen to any rock or jazz stars who ever did acid, coke or heroine. . .

now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. . .

:welcome:

Tebowtime2011
08-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Von, von, von, when the **** will it end!!!!!

chazoe60
08-19-2013, 10:42 PM
marley was a voice of hope for poverty-stricken people everywhere-- i will fight anyone who talks shit about him, even my buddy nomad. . . if you're going to judge him for smoking weed, i sure hope you don't listen to any rock or jazz stars who ever did acid, coke or heroine. . .

Bob Marley sucks! Bring it beer snob.

I actually really like Bob Marley's music. Redemption Song is arguably one of the finest songs ever written, it is an amazing example of brilliant song writing. But, I can't pass up a chance to knock the beer snob around a little, so my little white lie was worth it.

dogfish
08-19-2013, 10:52 PM
so, hopefully von is just incidentally invloved in the investigation-- but it kinda feels like being kicked when you're down for the news to come out today. . .

given the darren williams tragedy, i hope that all of our young guys are bright enough to avoid gangbangers, and spots where they hang out. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Took many stands against gov corruption in Jamaica, i believe one time they actually tried to kill him before he went on stage.

His message was strong individual rights and peace through music and celebration.

Bob Marley saw him self as a civil rights activist for black people. Seeing mostly white people when he toured the world was a source of disappointment to him.

Many moons ago I actually wrote a paper in college on Marley. He was very passionate for his people.

Chef Zambini
08-20-2013, 12:51 AM
so, hopefully von is just incidentally invloved in the investigation-- but it kinda feels like being kicked when you're down for the news to come out today. . .

given the darren williams tragedy, i hope that all of our young guys are bright enough to avoid gangbangers, and spots where they hang out. . .
thats just it.
Von has demonstrated that he is not very bright.

Chef Zambini
08-20-2013, 12:54 AM
I'm not a pothead. And I love Bob Marley.I'm not bob marley and I love pot.

Chef Zambini
08-20-2013, 01:02 AM
[QUOTE=DenBronx;2007634]As many good things that have happened in the past couple seasons shit like this just messes it up.

really?
"... nothing but respect"
what was there to respect about von other than his football skill?
His vision for children campain was nothing but a self indulgent 'look at me' promotion that celebrated his DANCE instead of the actual SACK.
he couldnt just give money to a charity for each sack, he had to draw attention to his sef-indulgent dancing on the field.
what is 'respectable' about Von?
really, enlighten me.
he wears A BRONCO UNIFORM ?
shall we start the list?

Joel
08-20-2013, 01:53 AM
At least we avoided all the scandals Burfict's inflicted on ya'll, right? :tongue:

Poet
08-20-2013, 01:56 AM
At least we avoided all the scandals Burfict's inflicted on ya'll, right? :tongue:

It is a very good thing that Zimmer and Lewis put the fear of god into Burfict.

Joel
08-20-2013, 03:05 AM
It is a very good thing that Zimmer and Lewis put the fear of god into Burfict.
Maybe we should trade Miller for ya'lls coaching staff. ;)

Poet
08-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Maybe we should trade Miller for ya'lls coaching staff. ;)

I wouldn't wish Marvin Lewis on you. I'll give him this, when Mike Brown finally let him have more say on the type of player we signed, he got control of the locker room again. When he first showed up, he cleaned out the locker room and the next year took a poorly talented team to a .500 record. It was awesome. Over time, the owner forgot that the successful rosters mostly had decent guys. Hence the influx of douche in the 04/05 draft class that lead the Bengals to their reputation. Now that it's not as bad, Lewis and Zimmer can really drop the hammer/mentor on character issue guys.

DenBronx
08-20-2013, 03:17 AM
As many good things that have happened in the past couple seasons shit like this just messes it up.

really?
"... nothing but respect"
what was there to respect about von other than his football skill?
His vision for children campain was nothing but a self indulgent 'look at me' promotion that celebrated his DANCE instead of the actual SACK.
he couldnt just give money to a charity for each sack, he had to draw attention to his sef-indulgent dancing on the field.
what is 'respectable' about Von?
really, enlighten me.
he wears A BRONCO UNIFORM ?
shall we start the list?

Initially yes. He starts going all BMarsh on us then I lose respect. Every Bronco starts with a clean slate....they f#$k up again and again and again then I lose respect.

I don't expect them to be choir boys when we draft them but I do expect them to honor their contracts when they don the great orange and blue. Fair enough for you?

Nomad
08-20-2013, 04:09 AM

Good for him. I don't care for reggae music, so I don't know what bob Marley sang about. I don't have a personal problem with him or that he smokes.

Northman
08-20-2013, 06:41 AM

Yet with all that amazing talent they play just slightly better than the Raiders. :lol:

Northman
08-20-2013, 06:46 AM

I dont care if he smokes dope, his music still sucks. ;)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-20-2013, 08:16 AM

"Smoked", he's been dead for quite some time.

Northman
08-20-2013, 08:56 AM
"Smoked", he's been dead for quite some time.

Shhhhh, the potheads dont know that yet.....

PatriotsGuy
08-20-2013, 09:00 AM
his music still sucks. ;)

Are you smoking dope?

Chef Zambini
08-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Initially yes. He starts going all BMarsh on us then I lose respect. Every Bronco starts with a clean slate....they f#$k up again and again and again then I lose respect.

I don't expect them to be choir boys when we draft them but I do expect them to honor their contracts when they don the great orange and blue. Fair enough for you?yes, fair enough thanks.
but maybe what you initially have for the athlete is adniration, and not actual "respect".
great athletic talent should not garner respect, only admiration.
an O lineman and QB should respect his talent, but fans blur the lines of respect and admiration in their hero worshiop and loyalty.
I respect tim tebow for his philanthropy OFF the field, fair enough ?

Chef Zambini
08-20-2013, 09:17 AM
" I dont wanna pay every day for your love'
caN i owe you the 50cent?

Dzone
08-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Shhhhh, the potheads dont know that yet.....
Potheads? Who are you referring to?

Chef Zambini
08-20-2013, 10:09 AM
wrong place at the wrong time,
hangin out with the wrong people.
when are the broncos going to figure out that von needs an attendant like hamilton and pacman ?
when its too late/
when we see him in hand-cuffs?
when BAIL is denied/
when?

dogfish
08-20-2013, 11:05 AM

look, bitch, don't make me go all thnikkaman on yo ass. . .

Northman
08-20-2013, 11:13 AM
look, bitch, don't make me go all thnikkaman on yo ass. . .

Lmao, wigger please.

slim
08-20-2013, 11:17 AM

You shut your whore mouth.

How can anyone not like Bob Marley?

Rex
08-20-2013, 11:20 AM
You shut your whore mouth.

How can anyone not like Bob Marley?

I dont. That's how.

slim
08-20-2013, 11:22 AM
I dont. That's how.

Yeah, well, you suck.

Rex
08-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Yeah, well, you suck.

Fair enough.

powderaddict
08-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Seems like a non-story.

Sucks that his name keeps popping up though.

olathebroncofan
08-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Well since he wasn't involved, you won't win the super bowl this year. - Ray Lewis

DenBronx
08-20-2013, 04:21 PM
yes, fair enough thanks.
but maybe what you initially have for the athlete is adniration, and not actual "respect".
great athletic talent should not garner respect, only admiration.
an O lineman and QB should respect his talent, but fans blur the lines of respect and admiration in their hero worshiop and loyalty.
I respect tim tebow for his philanthropy OFF the field, fair enough ?

As a football player, I respect what players have to go through to get to the next level. I'll give my respect anywhere I see fit and could careless if anyone disagrees.

Broncolingus
08-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Von Miller potential witness in bar murders case