PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Bailey, Welker to be evaluated

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2013, 10:56 AM
A tough night in Seattle could make for a difficult week for the Broncos.

The Broncos did receive good news on defensive tackle Derek Wolfe, who was taken from the field by ambulance to a Seattle hospital Saturday night. Wolfe was evaluated, including X-rays, a CT scan and a MRI exam, and allowed to return to Denver in the early hours Sunday morning on the team’s chartered flight.

But Wolfe is expected to be held out of at least some practice time with a neck injury and could miss the remaining two preseason games -- he collided helmet-to-helmet with Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson, the lead blocker on a run play, as Wolfe tried to shed a low block just after the snap. Wolfe was to be at the Broncos' Dove Valley complex Sunday for more evaluation. The Broncos do believe he will be ready for the regular-season opener Sept. 5 against the Baltimore Ravens.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/61028/bailey-welker-among-broncos-being-evaluated

SR
08-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Sure has been a rough preseason.

atwater27
08-18-2013, 11:30 AM
If it is a lisfranc, he may never come back. And from the way he described the foot pain, it has a scary likelihood of being just that.

SR
08-18-2013, 11:56 AM
If it is a lisfranc, he may never come back. And from the way he described the foot pain, it has a scary likelihood of being just that.

That's what I'm afraid of.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Derek Wolfe ‏@DerekWolfe95 24m

Thanks for the prayers everyone, ill be okay and will be back on the field soon #broncosup

VonDoom
08-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Great news on Wolfe. Even the possibility of being back for week one is world's better than I would have thought. Now I can focus on Bailey's injury, which wasn't even on my radar until now

SR
08-18-2013, 12:51 PM
We should know today how bad it is

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Didn't Brady just have a knee injury? I wouldn't count on him this year Mr. BJ. :rolleyes:

Oh dear - Brady had a little boo-boo, and listening to some - you would have thought it was the end of the football world

Jsteve01
08-18-2013, 02:59 PM
:rolleyes: This just in the Patriots were caught spying on another team's walkthrough and haven't won a super bowl since.

DenBronx
08-18-2013, 03:03 PM
If Bailey goes on IR then what?

The rookie we drafted looks rather solid.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2013, 03:05 PM
The Broncos were busy sorting through their medical issues Sunday as a selection of players came through their Dove Valley complex to meet with the team’s training staff or simply take care of the usual post-game bumps and bruises.

Among the most notable injuries from Saturday night’s 40-10 preseason loss in Seattle were to defensive tackle Derek Wolfe (neck), cornerback Champ Bailey (left foot) and wide receiver Wes Welker (right ankle).

Bailey underwent a MRI exam Sunday to check the soft tissue of the foot after X-rays were negative. The MRI showed no major tears, but Bailey was dealing with plenty of soreness in the arch of his foot and the exact timetable for a return to practice was still uncertain. The Broncos are hopeful they see progress in him over the next three weeks so he will be available for the Sept. 5 regular-season opener against the Ravens.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/61042/broncos-expect-wolfe-welker-for-opener

dogfish
08-18-2013, 03:09 PM
If Bailey goes on IR then what?

he's not. . . sounds like we dodged a hail of bullets this time. . .

Broncolingus
08-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Posted this in another thread, but not liking how the injury bug has 'persisted' this year with the Donkeys...

...related, Dustin Keller suffered about every possible injury to his knee that a human being can, short of cleanly breaking it off.

Feel sorry for the guy and he may be done for good...

http://nfl.cpl.delvenetworks.com/player/carousel/yahoo.html?channelId=de89a8aeb3e422bac4eb48567f10e bd0&channelListId&mediaId=100672eb93874784a54b6cfe24022e82

SR
08-18-2013, 03:11 PM
he's not. . . sounds like we dodged a hail of bullets this time. . .

No shit. Makes you realize how fragile the balance of a team really is.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 52m

On #Broncos CB Champ Bailey: I'm told it's a serious foot sprain. Could take several weeks to heal. Several weeks better than several months

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2013, 03:59 PM
The suddenly battered Denver Broncos have gotten a little good news.

Per Lindsay Jones of USA Today, an initial MRI on the left foot of cornerback Champ Bailey revealed no ligament damage.

Given that Bailey had both a walking boot and crutches after Saturday’s loss to the Seahawks, the preliminary determination that the ligaments is a pleasant surprise.

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/champ-bailey-has-no-torn-ligaments-in-left-foot/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

DenBronx
08-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Wow...these injuries all seemed serious. Bailey is too valuable to lose. I dont know if he will be ready for week 1 but would really like to see him get revenge on the Ravens.

Welk, Bailey and Wolfe all just need to heal the next 3 weeks. Hopefully these injuries wont be nagging the whole year for them.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Bailey only needs conditioning anyway. He doesn't need 8 quarters of play in the preseason.

ShaneFalco
08-18-2013, 04:50 PM
I knew i saw bailey limping off during one of their tds. Was hoping it wasnt serious.

TXBRONC
08-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Derek Wolfe ‏@DerekWolfe95 24m

Thanks for the prayers everyone, ill be okay and will be back on the field soon #broncosup

Carol since you're a mom would you mind using your mothering skills to help him get better?

DenBronx
08-18-2013, 07:17 PM
There...I fixed it for you.

Gee thanks you are a football expert I can see. Guess our front office are dummies for drafting him then.

Looks like Tony Carter will be getting alot of new playing time with the 1s.

Report: Champ Bailey’s foot sprain could keep him out “several weeks”

Posted by Mike Florio on August 18, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT

At a time when the Broncos are worried about shoring up the last line of their defense, they now have a problem one level lower.

With cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie still recovering from a high ankle sprain, future Hall of Famer Champ Bailey could miss “several weeks” with a foot sprain, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

read full article:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/report-champ-baileys-foot-sprain-could-keep-him-out-several-weeks/#comment-2728083

Dzone
08-18-2013, 10:18 PM
We could face Baltimore with an injury riddled O line and a defense without its leaders. And who knows who else is going to get hurt between now and then. Thats football.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-18-2013, 11:50 PM
We could face Baltimore with an injury riddled O line and a defense without its leaders. And who knows who else is going to get hurt between now and then. Thats football.

Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine? :D

Magnificent Seven
08-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Starting Defense team for Ravens vs. Broncos without Von Miller, Champ Bailey, and Derek Wolfe. (What If they will not be playing on that night game)

LDE Robert Ayers

DT Kevin Vickerson

NT Terrance Knighton

RDE Shaun Phillips

SLB Stewart Bradley or Danny Trevathan

MLB Nate Iriving

WLB Wesley Woodyard

LCB Tony Carter

RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

SS Mike Adams

FS Rahim Moore

CrazyHorse
08-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Starting Defense team for Ravens vs. Broncos without Von Miller, Champ Bailey, and Derek Wolfe. (What If they will not be playing on that night game)

LDE Robert Ayers

DT Kevin Vickerson

NT Terrance Knighton

RDE Shaun Phillips

SLB Stewart Bradley or Danny Trevathan

MLB Nate Iriving

WLB Wesley Woodyard

LCB Tony Carter

RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

SS Mike Adams

FS Rahim Moore

I could live with that. It's not our best but is still solid. I wonder if Ihanacho takes over Mike Adam's spot.

If Vasquez and Welker miss time our starting offense could look like this:

WR1 Demaryius Thomas
WR2 Eric Decker
WR3 Andre Caldwell
LT Ryan Clady
LG Zane Beadles
C Manny Ramirez
RG Ryan Lilja(I think he plays over Phillip Blake) Maybe Chris Kuper?
RT Orlando Franklin
TE Julius Thomas
RB Ronnie Hillman
QB Peyton Manning

TXBRONC
08-19-2013, 08:17 AM
I could live with that. It's not our best but is still solid. I wonder if Ihanacho takes over Mike Adam's spot.

If Vasquez and Welker miss time our starting offense could look like this:

WR1 Demaryius Thomas
WR2 Eric Decker
WR3 Andre Caldwell
LT Ryan Clady
LG Zane Beadles
C Manny Ramirez
RG Ryan Lilja(I think he plays over Phillip Blake) Maybe Chris Kuper?
RT Orlando Franklin
TE Julius Thomas
RB Ronnie Hillman
QB Peyton Manning

That's very possible. I think another possibility is that you see Lilja at quard and Kuper at center or vice versa. Obviously that's dependent upon Kuper's health.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-19-2013, 09:50 AM
It sounds like Vazquez will be back next week. I for one, would love to see Kuper at center. I'm not suggesting I know more than the coaching staff, but he's been one of my favorite players for a while, and I believe he's an excellent football player when he's healthy.

chazoe60
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
It sounds like Vazquez will be back next week. I for one, would love to see Kuper at center. I'm not suggesting I know more than the coaching staff, but he's been one of my favorite players for a while, and I believe he's an excellent football player when he's healthy.

I have been wondering about Kupe playing center for a while now.

CrazyHorse
08-19-2013, 10:37 AM
I think there's a general consensus that everyone would rather have Lilja or Kuper at center over Ramirez. At this point I'm more worried about our defense. As long as we have Manning, D.Thomas, and Decker on offense we should be fine.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-19-2013, 04:32 PM
I have been wondering about Kupe playing center for a while now.

You're just saying that.