PDA

View Full Version : Broncos owner Pat Bowlen: "This is (the fans') team. It's not my team. They have a stake in it too."

Denver Native (Carol)
08-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Time can play tricks on everyone, and it's no different for Pat Bowlen.

Bowlen has been the Broncos' owner for going on his 30th season. Long enough for Keith Bishop to go from one of his starting guards to head of team security. Long enough for John Elway to go from second-year quarterback to head of football operations. Long enough for a lifetime.

And sometimes it hurries.

Bowlen is only eight victories from becoming the ninth individual owner in NFL history to reach 300 wins. If the Broncos meet expectations this season, Bowlen will join the 300 club the fastest.

rest - good article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23885888/this-is-fans-team-its-not-my-team

MOtorboat
08-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Best owner in sports.

GEM
08-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Sometimes we forget how lucky we are with Bowlen. Then I hear the Monforts and like Bowlen even more.

Simple Jaded
08-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Can I get an advance on my salary, Mr B? Then we can talk about back pay.

Broncolingus
08-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Sometimes we forget how lucky we are with Bowlen. Then I hear the Monforts and like Bowlen even more.

Amen...

...AND, wonder when I can start getting my 'cut' of Bronco merchandising?

Jsteve01
08-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Can I get an advance on my salary, Mr B? Then we can talk about back pay.

you *******, you beat me to it!. I've just got some questions on our profit sharing and I'm a little confused about how our 401k matching works.

DenBronx
08-18-2013, 05:10 PM
My dad spent alot of time with the Kaiser family over this summer. For those who may not know they are the previous owners of the Broncos before Bowlen. It was Edgar Kaiser who helped the trade for John Elway go through in 1983. He said they are really nice people and are still very charitable even until this day.

Bowlen just helped take this franchise to a whole nother level though. He is very business savy and has nothing but great respect from the NFL. IMO, yes he is the best owner in the NFL. Jerry and Dan might have the money but Bowlen is still the best.

KC is a toilet
08-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Bowlen is a good owner no doubt, but lets not get carried away here, he can be really surly around fans. He's not cordial like the late Jerry Buss. I am glad he operates my team, but I am not going to kiss his ass even though I have respect for his lifetime achievements (Triathlons, Oklahoma law degree, wildcatting, philanthrophy).