PDA

View Full Version : With all our injuries KC will probably win the division...

CrazyHorse
08-17-2013, 11:26 PM
...but it's okay since we'll win the Super Bowl as a wild card after getting healthy mid-season.

chazoe60
08-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Come on man.

TXBRONC
08-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Of come are you really throwing in the towel because of a preseason game?

DenBronx
08-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Its 1997 again yay!!!

silkamilkamonico
08-18-2013, 12:18 AM
right cuz were the only team to have injuries in preseason

Magnificent Seven
08-18-2013, 12:35 AM
Niners were -0-4 in preseason with a lot of injured players and they have won super bowl in 1994.

Tebowtime2011
08-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Niners were -0-4 in preseason with a lot of injured players and they have won super bowl in 1994. That seems irrelevant to the 2013 broncos.

silkamilkamonico
08-18-2013, 12:52 AM
agreed. its about as irrelevant as one preseason game somehow having an indication of denvers regular season.

MOtorboat
08-18-2013, 12:54 AM
This thread is sarcastic.

I approve.

GEM
08-18-2013, 01:52 AM
Hell no man! Its the Raiders division this year... just ask OR, he'll learn ya!

CrazyHorse
08-19-2013, 05:26 AM
Come on guys, I was only joking. It's very possible though we stumble out of the gate a bit like last year.

Nomad
08-19-2013, 11:37 AM
...but it's okay since we'll win the Super Bowl as a wild card after getting healthy mid-season.

:lol: Your avi is funny stuff especially with all the Von drama going on.

Northman
08-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Ask me a couple of weeks ago and i would laugh at you. The way things are going with Von im not so sure anymore. Its still just preseason but with injuries and players getting suspensions im not that confident anymore.

Nomad
08-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Ask me a couple of weeks ago and i would laugh at you. The way things are going with Von im not so sure anymore. Its still just preseason but with injuries and players getting suspensions im not that confident anymore.

There was a thread asking for the BRONCOS overall record, I wonder with the recent incidents and injuries, if that changes people's predictions?

Northman
08-19-2013, 11:48 AM
There was a thread asking for the BRONCOS overall record, I wonder with the recent incidents and injuries, if that changes people's predictions?

I would think it would have too. After what happened to us last year in the playoffs the hunger should be there but (i dont know about you) but i dont get that same feeling that i had after we lost to Jax in 96. Maybe its because we just have too many young players on here i dont know.

powderaddict
08-19-2013, 11:53 AM

16-0 till we aint :salute:

Northman
08-19-2013, 12:05 PM
16-0 till we aint :salute:

I would rather to 19-0

DenBronx
08-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Thread title needs to be changed to "injuries AND suspensions"

CrazyHorse
08-19-2013, 04:43 PM

At least 10-6 which is good enough for the playoffs. It would be ironic if KC pulled out 11-5 and won the division.

silkamilkamonico
08-19-2013, 04:50 PM
If Manning could win 12+ games with those god forsaken Indianapolis Colts defenses, he can easily win 10 games with Denver defense this year including all the injuries and suspensions, and it won't even be like that the entire year.

Broncos run away with the division with A 12-4, 11-5 record.

CrazyHorse
08-19-2013, 06:50 PM
If Manning could win 12+ games with those god forsaken Indianapolis Colts defenses, he can easily win 10 games with Denver defense this year including all the injuries and suspensions, and it won't even be like that the entire year.

I kind of like the idea of being the underdog though. That way we can fly under the radar and catch everyone off guard.

KC is a toilet
08-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Joke or not, Queefs have been getting too much admiration for a team coming off a 2-14 season. Even the Raiders outplayed them last year.

Joel
08-20-2013, 03:15 AM

The Colts had backs like James and Addai, a pair of HoF receivers, and arguably the best offensive lines in the game (it's only debatable because Brady's was always outstanding, too.) We may have ONE of those things if Welker shows he can win without Brady and Thomas and/or Welker have Harrison/Wayne like careers. We do have Lilja, and Clady, and Vasquez is a solid pass blocker, but after that it's patchy, and injuries have left no quality depth. Not saying it's a losing season, but it don't look great, and not like Mannings old Colts teams (for one GOOD thing our D is probably STILL better, not that that's saying much.)

HORSEPOWER 56
08-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Will the Chiefs be better this year? Of course, it's hard to match 2-14. But I'm not sure Andy Reid's system will be great for them. Jamal Charles' touches will likely drop because Reid loves to pass. How will Alex Smith do without one of the best defenses in the league at forcing turnovers?

I think they're an 8-8 squad at best.

Broncolingus
08-21-2013, 11:40 AM
With all our injuries KC will probably win the division...

BroncoWave
08-21-2013, 11:53 AM
This reminds me of a Honz thread. Whatever happened to him?

CoachChaz
08-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Will the Chiefs be better this year? Of course, it's hard to match 2-14. But I'm not sure Andy Reid's system will be great for them. Jamal Charles' touches will likely drop because Reid loves to pass. How will Alex Smith do without one of the best defenses in the league at forcing turnovers?

I think they're an 8-8 squad at best.

I dont think that will be a problem. Think Bryan Westbrook and LeSean McCoy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-21-2013, 12:13 PM

That made me chuckle.

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2013, 01:46 PM
The Colts had backs like James and Addai, a pair of HoF receivers, and arguably the best offensive lines in the game (it's only debatable because Brady's was always outstanding, too.) We may have ONE of those things if Welker shows he can win without Brady and Thomas and/or Welker have Harrison/Wayne like careers. We do have Lilja, and Clady, and Vasquez is a solid pass blocker, but after that it's patchy, and injuries have left no quality depth. Not saying it's a losing season, but it don't look great, and not like Mannings old Colts teams (for one GOOD thing our D is probably STILL better, not that that's saying much.)

So basically saying Von Miller being out 6 games is the difference between a SuperBowl caliber team, a season that doesn't look great.

I disagree.

BroncoWave
08-21-2013, 01:53 PM
So basically saying Von Miller being out 6 games is the difference between a SuperBowl caliber team, a season that doesn't look great.

I disagree.

Vegas disagrees as well. We are still the Super Bowl favorites. Unless you lose a QB, no one player will make a huge difference in your W-L record. We MIGHT lose one more game than had Von not been suspended. Which would be a big deal if we were a fringe playoff team, but not given that we will make the playoffs either way. Recent years have shown it doesn't really matter what your playoff seed is as long as you get in.

Joel
08-21-2013, 04:42 PM

I disagree.
Er, no, I said our D is actually better than Mannings Indy ones (though, again, that bar was set low.) But whoever ends up being our C (still hard to say) won't be Jeff Saturday. I'll concede Clady's at least as good as Tarik Glenn, but doubt Franklin will ever be better than Ryan Diem in his prime. Vasquez may be Jake Scotts equal, but is Beadles on par with Dylan Gandy?

Moreno's our only back who's EVER come close to Addais '06 yards; of the rest, only Lance Ball has more CAREER yards than Rhodes in '06, and it took him till last year.

Are Thomas+Decker+Welker=Marvin Harrison+Wayne+Clark? Sure hope so, but of the two certain HoFers, both are in the second group.

Our real problem is defense isn't our only problem, an odd thing to say of a SB favorite. Most of our defensive injuries don't appear long term or serious, so once they and Millers suspension end our D ought to be in good shape (apart from the total lack of a Mike worthy of the name.) I WISH we could find a solid offensive line and legit RB as easily.

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Er, no, I said our D is actually better than Mannings Indy ones (though, again, that bar was set low.) But whoever ends up being our C (still hard to say) won't be Jeff Saturday. I'll concede Clady's at least as good as Tarik Glenn, but doubt Franklin will ever be better than Ryan Diem in his prime. Vasquez may be Jake Scotts equal, but is Beadles on par with Dylan Gandy?

Moreno's our only back who's EVER come close to Addais '06 yards; of the rest, only Lance Ball has more CAREER yards than Rhodes in '06, and it took him till last year.

Are Thomas+Decker+Welker=Marvin Harrison+Wayne+Clark? Sure hope so, but of the two certain HoFers, both are in the second group.

Our real problem is defense isn't our only problem, an odd thing to say of a SB favorite. Most of our defensive injuries don't appear long term or serious, so once they and Millers suspension end our D ought to be in good shape (apart from the total lack of a Mike worthy of the name.) I WISH we could find a solid offensive line and legit RB as easily.

Not only will Denver run away with the division, but they will compete for HFA throughout the playoffs.

Any issues people are arguing here are a minor inconvenience with the rest of the AFCWest. I can't believe people are actually trying to argue that we are in some kind of trouble, especially division wise.

Ravage!!!
08-21-2013, 05:34 PM
At least 10-6 which is good enough for the playoffs. It would be ironic if KC pulled out 11-5 and won the division.

actually... that's not irony

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Who is the D coordinator in KC this year? They've got talent on that side of the ball, but who knows if they will pull it together.

KC is a toilet
08-21-2013, 08:14 PM
I am so sick of the undeserved praise for the Kansas City Queefs on this site that I am going to jot down names of the turncoats and you guys are going to be on my "enemies" list.

I hope potentially putting yourself and family in harm's way was worth propping up that trash franchise.

BroncoWave
08-21-2013, 08:18 PM
I like your style, KC is a toilet. You have potential.

Broncolingus
08-22-2013, 01:43 AM
I am so sick of the undeserved praise for the Kansas City Queefs on this site that I am going to jot down names of the turncoats and you guys are going to be on my "enemies" list.

I hope potentially putting yourself and family in harm's way was worth propping up that trash franchise.

CrazyHorse
08-22-2013, 02:27 AM
actually... that's not irony

5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

Dapper Dan
08-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Who is the D coordinator in KC this year? They've got talent on that side of the ball, but who knows if they will pull it together.

http://media.kcchiefs.com/coaches/bob-sutton-defensive-coordinator.aspx

His entire NFL career has been with the Jets. 2000-2012. He's coached some pretty decent defenses in that time.

Bonus:
Al Harris is assistant secondary coach and Brad Childress has a weird title "Spread Game Analysis/Special Projects".

Ravage!!!
08-22-2013, 10:15 AM
5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

Yeah, but not every unexpected outcome is irony. It's like the song "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette. Everything in her song talks about the unexpected outcome, yet, none of her examples are irony. Really, the ONLY thing Ironic in her song is that the song is named "Ironic" when it doesn't have any irony.

Oh well. Wasn't really meant to get too into it. I was just passing by and typed out a "non"post as I was sifting through.

Joel
08-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Not only will Denver run away with the division, but they will compete for HFA throughout the playoffs.

Any issues people are arguing here are a minor inconvenience with the rest of the AFCWest. I can't believe people are actually trying to argue that we are in some kind of trouble, especially division wise.
Hope you're right, but we look like Swiss cheese now from where I'm sitting, especially on the offensive line. Anybody know who our starting back is? If we can avoid losing half a dozen games before Champ, Cromartie and Miller are back we might be OK, but HFA looks like a stretch (not that it did us much good last year; I'm not sure PFM WANTS to play postseason games at home.)