PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp - 8-15

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones

Broncos are going to be really thin at RB for second preseason game at Seattle. Jeremiah Johnson is out, Knowshon missed last 2 practices.

It's a right leg for CJ Anderson. No weight on it at all as carried into locker room after being driven to the door.

CJ Anderson being driven off the field. I'm on other side of field, but looked bad based on other players' reactions #Broncos

Then was picked off by Bailey RT @VicLombardi: A frustrated PFM just called timeout at the one-yard line amid the fake crowd noise

All 4 QBs just rocketed passes at the port-a-potty while Julius Thomas was inside. Clearly Peyton's idea.
Expand
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h

Broncos piping in crowd noise today for first time in camp to prepare for Saturday game at Seattle.

Last day of #broncos training camp pic.twitter.com/OIwzqcs8zL
View photo

Knowshon Moreno not practicing for second straight day (bruised knee). #Broncos

Also today, Broncos front office exec Tom Heckert is back at work after his 30-day suspension for DUI.

With Von Miller absent today, Nate Irving is at strong side linebacker in base D. Bradley still at MLB

Ihenacho used to hate his name, was teased at school (as you can imagine). Now loves it. "Duke. It's a powerful name."

Nacho, who? Biggest surprise, in a good way, of #Broncos camp the emergence of Duke Ihenacho. Read more about him: http://usat.ly/13lKL9j

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043

Manning was knocked down today but not hurt in a similar Nate solder sort of way

Camp also ends with the most likely udfa being carted off.

Camp is over! The last play of camp was a Brock Hail Mary pass that was knocked down. Camp also ends without von miller.

Super bummer re Cj Anderson. In good news trindon Holliday has had his best day in all departments. All

Now Wolfe gets tied up and hobbles off but I think he'll be okay. Btw just saw manning actually run w ball

And that's how quickly things can end in the nfl.

On a great catch by trindon Holliday during te play Cj Anderson goes down. Does NOt look good. Getting the cart to take him off - knee maybe

The noise confuses the d as well

Man with the noise the qbs were 11 for 12 with a drop should've been perfect. Dysert took off and ran one too but very very effective

For the first time in camp. Broncos using LouD speakers w crowd noise. Manning 6 for 6 and trindon Holliday w 1's as rb got a carry

Perfect day. Boys in pads. pic.twitter.com/PvisFPPZXE
View photo

slim
08-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Man, Trindon at RB would scare the shit out of me.

silkamilkamonico
08-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Wonder what happened with Irving at MLB?

From all reports I was hearing, especially with the radio crew, they were giving him every chance at being the starting MLB as they wanted him as the starter, and it was his job to lose and by all accounts he was looking great.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 46m

John fox cancelled tonite walkthru - training camp officially done

slim
08-15-2013, 01:59 PM

From all reports I was hearing, especially with the radio crew, they were giving him every chance at being the starting MLB as they wanted him as the starter, and it was his job to lose and by all accounts he was looking great.

I think they are just getting him ready to play strong side while Von is out on suspension, then they would move him back to MLB when Von returns. Just a guess.

G_Money
08-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Yep. Irving is the backup Sam, so he's getting playing time there in prep for the month without Von while Bradley (nominally the #2 Mike) is the starting MLB while we wait around for Von. We'll see who the real #1 Mike is when Von gets back. Probably still Bradley... but ya never know. Irving has more speed and more downhill-mean in him.

~G

slim
08-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Yep. Irving is the backup Sam, so he's getting playing time there in prep for the month without Von while Bradley (nominally the #2 Mike) is the starting MLB while we wait around for Von. We'll see who the real #1 Mike is when Von gets back. Probably still Bradley... but ya never know. Irving has more speed and more downhill-mean in him.

~G

Dog said that it would probably be Bradley as well. What are you guys seeing to make you believe that? Just curious.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Fox on Von: "he's dealt with it. He's gonna be fine." He hopes.

Manning on Von situation: " gotta be ready for anything. Today was a good practice based on the scenario that he won't be here"

Manning on CJ's injury: "awful. Just awful."

Manning on camp: "physical camp. Been in pads. Only way you can see what kind of team you have"

C.J. Anderson ‏@CjAndersonRB9 2h

I'm sorry I'm so sorry gotta stay positive and come back strong
Retweeted by Vic Lombardi

Any fan get video of that CJ injury? Media not allowed to work at that point. The Brady injury also shot by a fan by the way.

Can't apply pressure on right leg. Knee or ankle. Doesn't look good.

CJ Anderson carted off

Very next play after the timeout, Champ picks off Manning in the endzone.

A frustrated PFM just called timeout at the one-yard line amid the fake crowd noise and teeth-bearing media.

Listen to this. Broncos pumping in crowd noise today. http://www.tout.com/m/vxu7f1?ref=tw3e0avy …
View media

By the way, D Thomas continues to display pure studliness on this practice field.

Shawn Phillips also getting reps ahead of Ayers.

Nate Irving taking reps in place of Von Miller today.

G_Money
08-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Dog said that it would probably be Bradley as well. What are you guys seeing to make you believe that? Just curious.

I'm just making shit up, but if dog said it then it's got validity.

~G

CrazyHorse
08-15-2013, 08:50 PM

With his speed he'd be dangerous on outside runs and screen plays.

TXBRONC
08-15-2013, 10:57 PM

It would scare me if we didn't have Hillman, Ball and Moreno as the 3rd down back.

Simple Jaded
08-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah but did anybody get arrested today?

dogfish
08-16-2013, 12:19 AM

he might scare the shit out of some DCs, too. . . he obviously can't run between the tackles, but a few snaps a game out of the backfield? dude may be even faster and more elusive than sproles, he could be a sick weapon in space. . . i believe he split time with track in college-- give him another year or two to get really adjusted to the NFL (and bulked up a little more), and he could be wicked on draws, screens, flares, etc. . . how many LBs in the league could cover him on a wheel route down the sidelines?

now granted, you know he can't pass protect at all, and fumbles would be a huge concern if he were running the ball in traffic-- and i highly doubt his frame can hold up to much of a workload at all. . . but as a mismatch player in certain down and distance situations? i'm fine with trying to use his speed a little on offense. . . it's not like we have any other fast RBs. . .

in any case, i'm pretty sure they're just using him in camp because other guys are banged up. . . and you know he's making the roster as a returner, so may as well get him a bit of work in case we do need him in an emergency situation. . .

TXBRONC
08-16-2013, 06:50 AM
he might scare the shit out of some DCs, too. . . he obviously can't run between the tackles, but a few snaps a game out of the backfield? dude may be even faster and more elusive than sproles, he could be a sick weapon in space. . . i believe he split time with track in college-- give him another year or two to get really adjusted to the NFL (and bulked up a little more), and he could be wicked on draws, screens, flares, etc. . . how many LBs in the league could cover him on a wheel route down the sidelines?

now granted, you know he can't pass protect at all, and fumbles would be a huge concern if he were running the ball in traffic-- and i highly doubt his frame can hold up to much of a workload at all. . . but as a mismatch player in certain down and distance situations? i'm fine with trying to use his speed a little on offense. . . it's not like we have any other fast RBs. . .

in any case, i'm pretty sure they're just using him in camp because other guys are banged up. . . and you know he's making the roster as a returner, so may as well get him a bit of work in case we do need him in an emergency situation. . .

I thought about saying something about getting Trindon out in space and he'll scare the hell out of defensive coordinators.

McDman
08-17-2013, 12:38 PM

I think if he can't win it from Bradley he just won't get it.