PDA

View Full Version : Vickerson Wants D-Line to 'Bring That Nastiness'

Magnificent Seven
08-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Vickerson, who said that he likes to lead by example, has a certain vision for the mentality that he wants to permeate through the line this season.

“Bring that nastiness to the front, bring that physical presence, being that dominator on the line of scrimmage,” Vickerson said. “That’s my mindset for the tackles inside.”

Though the Broncos won’t have to be ready for the season opener for another three weeks, Vickerson said Wednesday that if season started this weekend, the defense would be prepared for it.

“No question,” VIckerson said. “The coaching staff has been doing a good job of giving us the defense and we’ve doing a good job of taking the information that they’ve been giving us and applying it to the field. That’s the biggest thing that I see us doing.

“We’re not all the way there yet but at the same time if it was game time and the season opener, we would definitely be ready.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Vickerson-Wants-D-Line-to-Bring-That-Nastiness/3012b993-e54c-4049-ae99-37508cb820b5

Ziggy
08-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Big Vick is nasty. He brings intimidation and attitude to this D. I wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing a C on his uniform this year.

Dapper Dan
08-15-2013, 03:25 AM
I think they're a little too nasty against our OL.

TXBRONC
08-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I think they're a little too nasty against our OL.

The offensive line as whole could stand to take on a little nastier disposition. Franklin brings it and Kuper if can get back on the field will as well.

From what I've read in Cecil Lammey's reports it sounds like Vasquez also brings some attitude to the line.

Broncolingus
08-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Vickerson Wants D-Line to 'Bring That Nastiness'

...so do we...for a l-o-n-g time now.

Would very much enjoy seeing that be the most 'dominant' part of the defense on a consistent basis...

...pretty good odds you can win in the postseason with that.