PDA

View Full Version : Broncos want indoor facility operational during 2014 season

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2013, 07:18 PM
The Denver Broncos are moving forward with plans to build an indoor practice facility and hope to have it ready sometime in the 2014 season.

"We've taken the preliminary steps of building an on-site, indoor practice facility to be used at some point during the 2014 season," Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said.

Smyth said the team is still working out the details with a builder and Arapahoe County, but the facility will be built next to the Broncos Dove Valley headquarters.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23863629/broncos-want-indoor-facility-operational-during-2014-season

Broncolingus
08-15-2013, 02:11 PM
...I hope they build it bigger than this one.

MasterShake
08-15-2013, 08:37 PM
...I hope they build it bigger than this one.

What is this? A SCHOOL FOR ANTS?!

TXBRONC
08-16-2013, 08:48 AM
I thought the team already had an indoor practice field:questionmark:

MasterShake
08-16-2013, 11:57 AM
I thought the team already had an indoor practice field:questionmark:

They do but the media and players complain about it constantly. I think they refer to it as "The Bubble". Biggest complaint is getting everyone to fit in there, especially in preseason.

NightTrainLayne
08-16-2013, 12:12 PM
They do but the media and players complain about it constantly. I think they refer to it as "The Bubble". Biggest complaint is getting everyone to fit in there, especially in preseason.

Pre-season? When the weather is nice?

I think we play outdoors, we should by and large practice outdoors. Granted there are days that make that impossible, and hence "the bubble", but I'm not a fan of regular indoor practices.

P.S., I don't really care, Buff just got me in the mood to argue today.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2013, 12:36 PM
following article written 12-19-12, and explains why, at that time the Broncos were considering building an indoor practice facility.

When the wintry weather Wednesday forced the Broncos to practice indoors at a facility that is a short bus ride away and is primarily used for soccer, it prompted an obvious question:

Shouldn't one of the NFL's most proud franchises be practicing at a place more conducive for football?

The Broncos agree.

"We've had several discussions about building an indoor facility and are giving it strong consideration," said Broncos president Joe Ellis. "While nothing is finalized, we certainly understand how important it is for our team to have an indoor facility at some point in the very near future."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22225673/broncos-prez-says-team-considering-construction-new-indoor?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2013, 12:38 PM
from same article:

The Broncos did once have their own sports bubble, but a high windstorm during training camp in 2003 literally it blew away. The bubble has since been replaced by a structure that now houses the team's weight-lifting facility.

Since then, the Broncos have mostly used the South Suburban Sports Dome facility in Centennial that is about two miles down the road from the team's headquarters.

The facility has a relatively low ceiling and is not 100 yards long. The Broncos rarely need to use the indoor facility. Wednesday was the first they used it this year since early in training camp, and they only used it once last year. But during that training-camp workout, the cramped conditions may have contributed to the season-ending knee injury suffered by starting safety Quinton Carter. While defending a long pass thrown from Peyton Manning to Eric Decker, Carter tried abruptly to stop himself from running into a soccer goal and wound up with a strained hamstring while aggravating his knee condition.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22225673/broncos-prez-says-team-considering-construction-new-indoor?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_me

McDman
08-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Wasn't the surface of the bubble one of the reason's Q. Carter tore up his knee last year?