PDA

View Full Version : Von knows how to make an impression before his appeal - gets arrested

G_Money
08-14-2013, 02:55 PM
News piece: (ch7ne.ws/13kQwEg)

ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Colo. - Denver Broncos star linebacker Von Miller was arrested Sunday at the Centennial Gun Club on a failure to appear warrant.

Court records show Miller, 24, was arrested for not appearing at his court hearing on a charge from last October when he was cited for careless driving, driving without a license and no proof of insurance.

Court records show Miller was scheduled for arraignment on Dec. 31, the day after the Broncos' final regular season game in Denver. The arrest warrant was issued Jan. 2.

Broncos statement:

“We have been aware of the matter involving Von Miller’s failure to appear in court for traffic violations...It was reported to the league earlier this week and is being handled through the legal system.”
My statement:

##*()#%djfjioe3=-342@#$#$*(_*(!!!!@@#! :mad:~G

DenBronx
08-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Oh God.

Really, I question the IQ of athletes sometimes. :tsk:

Buff
08-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Confirmed not very smart.

slim
08-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Well, I guess it will be 4 games afterall.

Idiot.

G_Money
08-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Now, it's not like he did something today to get arrested for, they just "coincidentally" decided to look him up today for his 8 month outstanding warrant. Somebody's not a fan of his. Chiefs leos.

Still - go to court on time and pay your friggin' fine, moron. :tsk:

~G

MasterShake
08-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Bad timing and bad decisions all around. Heard this on 102.3 ESPN locally just after they broke news about Tom Brady going down at training camp today. I wonder if this can be used in the appeal decision or is a separate incident that can't factor in?

Northman
08-14-2013, 02:59 PM
WOW, is all i can say.

DenBronx
08-14-2013, 03:00 PM
I have a bad feeling Von isnt going to win his appeal and we wont see him play until week 5. Even before this happened I did. Players rarely win appeals.

We are screwed...

Northman
08-14-2013, 03:01 PM
I wonder if he has any clauses in his contract where we can get some money back.

rationalfan
08-14-2013, 03:01 PM
for the record: if von miller has a career similar to lawrence taylor's or charles haley's production on the field, i can live with the mistakes - as long as rape or murder aren't part of it.

also for the record: if anyone else on the defense not named champ had a summer like von this board would be full of "cut him" comments.

Buff
08-14-2013, 03:02 PM
How can you be Von Miller and fail to appear for a minor traffic offense? Doesn't he have legal representation? How in the world does this happen? This is borderline idiotic - DJ Williams type stuff.

G_Money
08-14-2013, 03:02 PM
If Von breaks out his "I'm a god-fearing man who careless drives for the Lord" routine, I'm gonna punch him in the throat.

Then run like hell.

~G

DenBronx
08-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Now, it's not like he did something today to get arrested for, they just "coincidentally" decided to look him up today for his 8 month outstanding warrant. Somebody's not a fan of his. Chiefs leos.

Still - go to court on time and pay your friggin' fine, moron. :tsk:

~G

Or MAIL then fine in maybe? Every ticket I have got they give me an option to mail the fine in. If you want traffic school or a reduced fine then show up to court. I just finished traffic school last week, even payed extra for them to send everything that same day to DMV and the Courts. If I can do it then Von sure as hell can do it. There's simply no excuse for a warrant, none!

DenBronx
08-14-2013, 03:05 PM
for the record: if von miller has a career similar to lawrence taylor's or charles haley's production on the field, i can live with the mistakes - as long as rape or murder aren't part of it.

also for the record: if anyone else on the defense not named champ had a summer like von this board would be full of "cut him" comments.

And it would be justified.

Von is our best defensive player.....so this really sucks!

Northman
How can you be Von Miller and fail to appear for a minor traffic offense? Doesn't he have legal representation? How in the world does this happen? This is borderline idiotic - DJ Williams type stuff.

Yep

G_Money
He had to go to court, DB - careless driving is a must-appear offense, IIRC. But he "forgets" to go get tested, then "forgets" to show up in court, then "forgets" to reschedule.

Somebody get him a calendar and a personal assistant. "Von, go piss in a cup at 10, then go to court at noon. There will be a limo outside waiting. When you get to the courthouse I will WALK YOUR ASS TO THE PROPER ROOM so you don't get lost..."

~G

slim
08-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Bad timing and bad decisions all around. Heard this on 102.3 ESPN locally just after they broke news about Tom Brady going down at training camp today. I wonder if this can be used in the appeal decision or is a separate incident that can't factor in?

Tom went down on someone at practice?

Northman
08-14-2013, 03:08 PM
He had to go to court, DB - careless driving is a must-appear offense, IIRC. But he "forgets" to go get tested, then "forgets" to show up in court, then "forgets" to reschedule.

Somebody get him a calendar and a personal assistant. "Von, go piss in a cup at 10, then go to court at noon. There will be a limo outside waiting. When you get to the courthouse I will WALK YOUR ASS TO THE PROPER ROOM so you don't get lost..."

~G

Maybe he had to finish his blunt and then forgot. Dude........

G_Money
08-14-2013, 03:08 PM

I have only ever bought two Broncos jerseys in my life. One for TD, one for Von. But Miller is on my last nerve this offseason. So far it's all relatively minor, considering he's not beating/stalking his GF (Brandon Marshall, Clarence Kay, others) or not paying child support on his 8 kids (every veteran RB we get) or getting DUIs like there's a prize for it (DJ, others).

DON'T GET TO THAT POINT, VON. I'll be really pissed off if you turn into a knucklehead. Knock it off.

~G

Dapper Dan
08-14-2013, 03:09 PM
He's too busy running that gosh damned chicken farm.

Ravage!!!
08-14-2013, 03:34 PM
He didn't show up for a traffic violation and you guys are crying like he got arrested for drugs.

Ravage!!!
08-14-2013, 03:35 PM
I have only ever bought two Broncos jerseys in my life. One for TD, one for Von. But Miller is on my last nerve this offseason. So far it's all relatively minor, considering he's not beating/stalking his GF (Brandon Marshall, Clarence Kay, others) or not paying child support on his 8 kids (every veteran RB we get) or getting DUIs like there's a prize for it (DJ, others).

DON'T GET TO THAT POINT, VON. I'll be really pissed off if you turn into a knucklehead. Knock it off.

~G

I'm sure this has his attention.

slim
08-14-2013, 03:36 PM
He didn't show up for a traffic violation and you guys are crying like he got arrested for drugs.

It is going to impact his appeal tomorrow. That is why people are a little upset about it.

Ravage!!!
08-14-2013, 03:41 PM
It is going to impact his appeal tomorrow. That is why people are a little upset about it.

Oh? Are we sure about that? I think it very well could be chicken little's simply crying at the name in the paper. It's a traffic violation. I don't see HOW that could effect his appeal when the two aren't related.

BroncoJoe
08-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Oh? Are we sure about that? I think it very well could be chicken little's simply crying at the name in the paper. It's a traffic violation. I don't see HOW that could effect his appeal when the two aren't related.

It shows a lack of respect for fulfilling his responsibilities. It could absolutely have an affect on his appeal tomorrow. To think otherwise is probably not too smart.

G_Money
08-14-2013, 03:47 PM
If Von is trying to blame someone else for his missed drug test, it's hard to back that up when he'd rather party in Vegas on new year's than show up for court. Getting arrested because he was trying to buy a gun and that flagged the bench warrant the day before his appeal really doesn't help his cause, or sway the judge, jury and executioner into mitigating his sentence if they were at all on the fence about it.

He's not helping himself.

~G

slim
08-14-2013, 03:47 PM

It absolutely will.

G_Money
08-14-2013, 03:50 PM
It absolutely will.

Von, good citizen doing USO tour, happens to miss drug test while overseas. Scheduling mishap, these things happen: suspension cut to two games.
Von, repeated moron who apparently doesn't care about showing up for drugs tests or court appearances: suspension stays at four games.

Extra data to influence the appeal process against you is a bad thing.

~G

broncofaninfla
08-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Von is a effin idiot. I get the feeling it's never going to end for him.

MasterShake
08-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Tom went down on someone at practice?

Don't be silly, that is a daily update not "breaking news"

MasterShake
08-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Von, good citizen doing USO tour, happens to miss drug test while overseas. Scheduling mishap, these things happen: suspension cut to two games.
Von, repeated moron who apparently doesn't care about showing up for drugs tests or court appearances: suspension stays at four games.

~G

Just heard that the reason he was arrested was because it was flagged on a background check while buying a gun.

slim
08-14-2013, 04:03 PM

~G

Yeah, he has already been suspended and is just throwing himself on the mercy of the "court". There is no way the don't bring it up at the meeting.

I think there was an outside chance his suspension would be reduced to a 2 games. I don't see why they would do that now.

Broncos Mtnman
08-14-2013, 04:04 PM

Ravage!!!
08-14-2013, 04:09 PM
It shows a lack of respect for fulfilling his responsibilities. It could absolutely have an affect on his appeal tomorrow. To think otherwise is probably not too smart.

Because a traffic violation has something to do with his appeal? I don't see the relationship between the two, other than from a fan's perspective. I think that Von will get whatever he would have gotten, this "traffic violation" or not. I think we would have seen people cry out had he run a stop light. As far as "fulfilling his responsibilities" goes. People have a TON of responsibilities, and those responsibilities all have a priority. To say that Von wasn't fullfilling his responsibilities is saying so without all the information. It could have simply been a matter of him expecting his lawyer to take care of it.

So much up-in-arms about nothing.

slim
08-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Because a traffic violation has something to do with his appeal? I don't see the relationship between the two, other than from a fan's perspective. I think that Von will get whatever he would have gotten, this "traffic violation" or not. I think we would have seen people cry out had he run a stop light. As far as "fulfilling his responsibilities" goes. People have a TON of responsibilities, and those responsibilities all have a priority. To say that Von wasn't fullfilling his responsibilities is saying so without all the information. It could have simply been a matter of him expecting his lawyer to take care of it.

Did you even read the story? It's not about a traffic violation. It's about Von getting arrested while trying to buy a freaking gun.

Ravage!!!
08-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Did you even read the story? It's not about a traffic violation. It's about Von getting arrested while trying to buy a freaking gun.

Right.... because of the traffic violation. I"m sorry, I was responding to the posts in the thread about Von not showing up to court due to a traffic violation.

BroncoJoe
08-14-2013, 04:15 PM

I know you're not a moron, but help me out here. He is up for an appeal - granted on a non-related item - and gets arrested for failure to appear in court. He's buying a gun (granted legal, but really?).

You really don't think that's going to affect his appeal this week?

To each his own I guess. Roger has shown zero tolerance in these types of matters.

slim
08-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Right.... because of the traffic violation. I"m sorry, I was responding to the posts in the thread about Von not showing up to court due to a traffic violation.

The point is, the NFL doesn't look at these things in a vacuum. They will see it a pattern of behavior that needs to be addressed. That is their MO on this type of thing.

LTC Pain
So where's PM with the "we got your back" for this one!

blamkin86

And people are defending him like sports are all that matters.

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2013, 04:18 PM

He didn't get arrested because of a traffic violation. He got arrested for failure to appear at a court hearing. Those are leaps and bounds different.

Ravage!!!
08-14-2013, 04:18 PM
And people are defending him like sports are all that matters.

As opposed to a bench warrant on a traffic violation and not providing proof of insurance? What kind of "defense" would you expect? I certainly don't see Von Miller as some kind of "bad menace" to society to the point that a Sports fan should worry abot anything less.

Ravage!!!
08-14-2013, 04:20 PM
He didn't get arrested because of a traffic violation. He got arrested for failure to appear at a court hearing. Those are leaps and bounds different.

Wasn't it a bench warrant due to the fact that he didn't show up in court ON a traffic violation? If I'm wrong, I apologize. If I'm not wrong, then they aren't leaps and bounds different.

Broncolingus
08-14-2013, 04:21 PM

Well said...

...I would've thought Broncos Inc. would've been ALL over this given the looming suspension/appeal and made sure dude was squeaky clean.

Its not like dude is a 4th string punter or something where his (lack of) presence might not be felt...

Doesn't look good...

BroncoJoe
08-14-2013, 04:21 PM
As opposed to a bench warrant on a traffic violation and not providing proof of insurance? What kind of "defense" would you expect? I certainly don't see Von Miller as some kind of "bad menace" to society to the point that a Sports fan should worry abot anything less.

So, you're completely fine with him doing something during his rookie season to get in the testing program, doing something last year to garner a four game suspension, driving recklessly with no license or proof of insurance, getting a ticket then blowing off his court date?

Cool. I'm sure Goodell will simply look the other way.

BroncoJoe
08-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Wasn't it a bench warrant due to the fact that he didn't show up in court ON a traffic violation? If I'm wrong, I apologize. If I'm not wrong, then they aren't leaps and bounds different.

Failure to appear in court is a serious matter - regardless of that the charge is.

Ravage!!!
08-14-2013, 04:23 PM
So, you're completely fine with him doing something during his rookie season to get in the testing program, doing something last year go garner a four game suspension, driving recklessly with no license or proof of insurance, getting a ticket then blowing off his court date?

:lol: Wow.

Some of you guys really need to chill for a bit. Take a pill, or simply step away for a while BEFORE the season starts if you are this stressed out this much already. Damn.

KC is a toilet
08-14-2013, 04:24 PM
I guess we now know how the Giants fans felt about Lawrence Taylor's off-field transgressions. It's OK. I will take the baggage that comes with Von Miller's production. What do you expect from a football player? These guys are paid to be savages on the gridiron. They're gladiators that live life pedal to the metal. When you are loaded with millions of dollars, the mundane traffic ticket isn't really on the priority list. When you have seven-figures in the bank, who needs a proof of insurance slip? The All-Pro both on and the off the field is a rare breed. NFL players are mostly scum and unfortunately this comes with the territory of following the entertainment that is the NFL.

slim
So, you're completely fine with him doing something during his rookie season to get in the testing program, doing something last year to garner a four game suspension, driving recklessly with no license or proof of insurance, getting a ticket then blowing off his court date?

Nothing to see here. Goodell will probably buy him dinner.

Ravage!!!
Failure to appear in court is a serious matter - regardless of that the charge is.

No it's not. That's an exaggeration to the fullest.

NightTrainLayne
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Yes, they are leaps and bounds different. Primary evidence = you get arrested for one and not the other.

BroncoJoe
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Laughable at best.

BroncoWave
08-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Ideally I would agree with you, Rav, that these incidents are unrelated and should have no impact on his appeal. However, the person who will be making the ruling is human and I'm sure this story is in his/her mind now. While you would hope this incident would not factor into the decision, it's human nature to think about it. I would not be shocked if this negatively impacts his ruling in the appeal.

G_Money
08-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Um, Ravage... Roger Goodell, who doesn't care if you're convicted of anything and will suspend you for "a pattern of behavior" that has led you into trouble in the first place, is now given evidence 'unrelated' to your drug-test failure that provides topics like "gun" "arrest" "careless driving" (not reckless driving, but does the guy reading the headline looking for a reason to NOT suspend you for four games care?) and "failure to appear in court."

Your argument is, "I didn't do anything wrong even though I missed my drug test date, I was a good person doing USO work overseas, please help me out a little." Because you're already dead in the water due to the failure to take the drug test in the first place. You don't have a good argument, unless you can provide some email receipt of a date change authorized by the testing folks.

All you're really saying is, "Boss, yes I know I broke the rules and should get a 4 game suspension, but I had a good REASON and totally didn't mean to do it. Be lenient."

When he says, "I see here that you decided not to show up for court and got arrested because you never fixed that problem. What was your good reason then?"

Are you gonna tell him that Vegas New Year's party was too good to pass up, then you got high and forgot about your court date for 2, 3 calendar seasons? Why would he be lenient on you now?

Von's argument was, "I've never been in trouble since that rookie thing." Here, let me refresh your memory (http://www.9news.com/news/article/347164/72/Broncos-confident-Von-Millers-suspension-will-be-lifted):

Miller on Wednesday, in his most revealing quote of his short press conference, said he has matured since he joined the Broncos as the No. 2 pick in 2011.

"The guy I was two, three, four years ago is not the guy I am," Miller said.

Except you still get arrested for not showing up for court. Which kinda throws your, "I've matured, and that thing I did my rookie season to get me on the possible suspension list this time won't happen again" argument out the window.

Von screwed himself by not taking care of this earlier, and he screwed his team-mates by (in theory) removing the only good argument that he had on this case: that it was an honest mistake by a changed and grown man, team leader and good community guy. So yeah, I think that the Broncos "good feeling" about his suspension is now gone, and Von is gonna get all 4 games.

And since I didn't think that before, I do think this has changed matters. If you think it's complete nonsense, then there's nothing left to talk about, because I don't get your POV at all.

~G

SR
08-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Despite his talent, I'm beginning to ask myself if he is really someone I want on my football team if he's going to continue to make poor life choices like this.

Timmy!
08-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Despite his talent, I'm beginning to ask myself if he is really someone I want on my football team if he's going to continue to make poor life choices like this.

I wouldn't go that far, but holy crap somebody get this guy a personal assistant or something. Hey Von, I am available.

MOtorboat
08-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Anyone else find it somewhat comical that a warrant was out for his arrest for nine months and he was never arrested despite being one of the highest profile (probably second behind Manning) athletes in the state?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Ch 9 was just talking about this, and said it is SO stupid on Von's part. The court where he needed to pay the $300.00 is right NEXT to the Broncos' practice facility!!!!!!!!

slim
08-14-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm starting to wonder if he actually earned that chicken plucking degree on his own!

MOtorboat
08-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Ch 9 was just talking about this, and said it is SO stupid on Von's part. The court where he needed to pay the $300.00 is right NEXT to the Broncos' practice facility!!!!!!!!

Anyone else find it somewhat comical that a warrant was out for his arrest for nine months and he was never arrested despite being one of the highest profile (probably second behind Manning) athletes in the state?

Even more comical.

T.K.O.
08-14-2013, 05:10 PM
nine months for the cops to find a guy who is hard to miss.....something smells here. it's not like he has been hiding in fiji to avoid $300 bucks in fines WTF.
failure to appear is not that big a deal he should be able to appear/explain and pay the fines.
but, man is that dumb for such a high profile guy

BroncoJoe
08-14-2013, 05:15 PM

The only reason it happened now was the background check being done so he could purchase a gun.

rationalfan
08-14-2013, 05:16 PM
ravage is killing it in this thread.

MOtorboat
08-14-2013, 05:21 PM
The only reason it happened now was the background check being done so he could purchase a gun.

I realize why they found it, I just think its kind of comical.

I don't think this is a very big deal. A failure to appear on a traffic ticket is peanuts compared to a failure to appear on a criminal charge. It SOUNDS ominous because he was arrested, but meh. More comical to me because of how high profile he is.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2013, 05:32 PM
from article:

"We got a call on someone who had a warrant," Walcher said. "I'm not sure if he was trying to buy a gun or get a concealed-carry permit."

A background check is always run in Colorado when someone attempts to buy a gun or get a concealed-carry permit. If he has a felony or a warrant, he will be denied, and in some cases arrested.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23861918/broncos-von-miller-arrested-failure-appear-warrant

So - in some cases arrested - did the outstanding charges against Von warrant an arrest?????

MOtorboat
08-14-2013, 05:32 PM
I could be wrong, re: appeal, but aren't the substance abuse policies and the conduct policies separately negotiated portions of the collective bargaining agreement and therefore punished separately. Meaning, the league couldn't use this against him in his appeal in the substance abuse program because this falls under personal conduct.

Not sure, just a thought.

Poet
08-14-2013, 05:34 PM

Tell you what, skip appearing in court, and after you're arrested for that, asked the judge if it's really that big of a deal.

I'm sure that will go over well.

Northman
08-14-2013, 05:40 PM
The point is, the NFL doesn't look at these things in a vacuum. They will see it a pattern of behavior that needs to be addressed. That is their MO on this type of thing.

Have to agree. It would almost be better if he had just not shown up for the traffic violation (which he didnt). But, being tipped off about it because you were buying a gun? Not a good sign. It could all just be innocent but as they often say "perception is considered reality" to some people and especially employers.

Northman
08-14-2013, 05:43 PM
I guess we now know how the Giants fans felt about Lawrence Taylor's off-field transgressions. It's OK. I will take the baggage that comes with Von Miller's production. What do you expect from a football player? These guys are paid to be savages on the gridiron. They're gladiators that live life pedal to the metal. When you are loaded with millions of dollars, the mundane traffic ticket isn't really on the priority list. When you have seven-figures in the bank, who needs a proof of insurance slip? The All-Pro both on and the off the field is a rare breed. NFL players are mostly scum and unfortunately this comes with the territory of following the entertainment that is the NFL.

Lucky for the Giants they didnt have these types of rules in place. If they had LT might have been sitting quite a bit during his time. Unfortunately, back in the real world that we live in now there are penalties for off the field behavior and despite their physical talent it does cost your team when they arent on the field for stupid decision making off of it.

Northman
08-14-2013, 05:48 PM

Not too shocking really. I had a bench warrant for an unpaid ticket back in Boulder but i lived in Aurora. I actually had a cop who broke up a party at my house and he told me i had the warrant but that he was too lazy to take me in but that i should get it taken care of. I never did until i got pulled over in Littleton for a license plate light out (gay gay reason) but i ended up getting arrested at that point for that warrant and taken to jail. But that had been almost 6-8 months later.

Northman
08-14-2013, 05:49 PM

Thats REALLY sad. :lol:

Northman
08-14-2013, 05:51 PM

Ohhh, more lectures from RF. Yippee

MOtorboat
08-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Not too shocking really. I had a bench warrant for an unpaid ticket back in Boulder but i lived in Aurora. I actually had a cop who broke up a party at my house and he told me i had the warrant but that he was too lazy to take me in but that i should get it taken care of. I never did until i got pulled over in Littleton for a license plate light out (gay gay reason) but i ended up getting arrested at that point for that warrant and taken to jail. But that had been almost 6-8 months later.

And what happened? You went down posted bail, paid your ticket and went home, amiright?

Northman
08-14-2013, 05:54 PM
And what happened? You went down posted bail, paid your ticket and went home, amiright?

Well, for me i had to have my mom who came in from out of town bail me out. I had no money so i would of been sitting there a lot longer than i was. But, i still ended up having to come back to another court date and settle the fine to which i owed. But i was just showing you that going a long time with a bench warrant on a traffic violation isnt uncommon.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2013, 07:21 PM
The traffic infractions and failure to appear in court are not likely to bring further discipline under the league's personal conduct policy. Then again, his latest arrest probably won't help his appeal either.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncosspecial/ci_23861918/broncos-von-miller-arrested-failure-appear-warrant

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4h

Check that - von miller leaving for meeting thursday regarding appeal - but not with nfl officials - not a formal hearing

TXBRONC
08-14-2013, 08:25 PM
:doh: :tsk:

Nomad
08-14-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm starting to wonder if he actually earned that chicken plucking degree on his own!

That's funny stuff there!

Nomad
08-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Tell you what, skip appearing in court, and after you're arrested for that, asked the judge if it's really that big of a deal.

I'm sure that will go over well.

You're a Legal guy, isn't that the equivalent of telling the Judge "eff you"?

KC is a toilet
08-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Lucky for the Giants they didnt have these types of rules in place. If they had LT might have been sitting quite a bit during his time. Unfortunately, back in the real world that we live in now there are penalties for off the field behavior and despite their physical talent it does cost your team when they arent on the field for stupid decision making off of it.

Taylor was suspended for cocaine use during a 30-day stretch in 1988 and would have been banned for life had he flunked a third drug test in his career.

Poet
08-14-2013, 09:29 PM
You're a Legal guy, isn't that the equivalent of telling the Judge "eff you"?

You are pissing off a person who is god in the room that they work in.

chazoe60
08-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Von needs to hire me to be his life coach. I'll whip his dumbass into shape. He seems to just be kinda dopey, not really a bad guy.

rationalfan
08-14-2013, 09:36 PM

Ohhh, more lectures from RF. Yippee

Says the guy who has no problem lecturing about his own ideals/opinions.

Nomad
08-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Von needs to hire me to be his life coach. I'll whip his dumbass into shape. He seems to just be kinda dopey, not really a bad guy.

You both could kayak together:D

DenBronx
08-15-2013, 02:02 AM
Can someone get this guy connected with Tony Robins?? A local pastor? Shrink?

Way too much talent to do this and too much on the line. Let us win a SB or two and then go haywire, in the meantime just please stay out of trouble Von!!

DenBronx
08-15-2013, 02:05 AM

This is just pathetic.

$300 and its next door yet he jepordizes getting suspended.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Michelle Beisner ‏@MichelleBeisner 5m

Source with knowledge of the situation - @DenverBroncos Von Miller has an excused absence today and reports that he is in NYC are INACCURATE
Retweeted by Darren McKee

Benetto
08-15-2013, 10:37 AM
I have a question for someone who knows a little bit about the NFL conduct stuff....Is the arrest grounds for more suspension if his appeal craps out?

BroncoJoe
08-15-2013, 10:39 AM
I have a question for someone who knows a little bit about the NFL conduct stuff....Is the arrest grounds for more suspension if his appeal craps out?

Most likely not - but with Goodell, you never know.

I also heard on the radio today that the suspension he is facing can only be served, or eliminated. There isn't any reduction option on a drug related suspension. Can't find any verification on that...

turftoad
08-15-2013, 10:40 AM

Hi Ben!,

BroncoJoe
08-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi Ben!,

Ditto Ben! As a side note, I can't believe you've been in Denver this long and we have yet to get together!

slim
08-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Ditto Ben! As a side note, I can't believe you've been in Denver this long and we have yet to get together!

Yeah, you two should totally hook up.

BroncoWave
08-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Andrew Mason seems to side with Rav's perspective here. Someone asked him on Twitter if this arrest would impact his appeal and his response was "not at all". Mason tends to bring a pretty good perspective most of the time. He also said he is 99.9999% sure the league will not impose a second suspension for the arrest.

BroncoJoe
08-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Andrew Mason seems to side with Rav's perspective here. Someone asked him on Twitter if this arrest would impact his appeal and his response was "not at all". Mason tends to bring a pretty good perspective most of the time. He also said he is 99.9999% sure the league will not impose a second suspension for the arrest.

And for the record, I don't necessarily disagree with that position. That said, we're talking about Roger Goodell who will absolutely at least consider this recent event of his when considering removing the suspension. JMO.

It was Rav's positioning/statements that missing a court date isn't a big deal that I had a problem with. I really hope he sings a FAR different tune to his children than his opinions in this thread.

Benetto
08-15-2013, 10:49 AM
I go to the Gun Club off of Arapahoe at least once a month...I know they are doing their job, but seriously...report the guy before an appeal, for traffic tickets!?!
I will never spend another dollar there again...

BTW Von...I've seen/heard your car pass my house a few times (I think we live close) and it stands out like a pair of orange pants dude...SMH...Grow up and show some class. Also, try not hanging with those "Young Money Cash Money Billionaire" thugs anymore. Those idiots don't have anything to lose.

BroncoJoe
08-15-2013, 10:50 AM
I go to the Gun Club off of Arapahoe at least once a month...I know they are doing their job, but seriously...report the guy before an appeal, for traffic tickets!?!
I will never spend another dollar there again...

BTW Von...I've seen/heard your car pass my house a few times (I think we live close) and it stands out like a pair of orange pants dude...SMH...Grow up and show some class. Also, try not hanging with those "Young Money Cash Money Billionaire" thugs anymore. Those idiots don't have anything to lose.

It's automatic. The clerk nor the store called the police.

Benetto
08-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Hi Ben!,

Oh how I miss you guys!

Benetto
08-15-2013, 10:51 AM
It's automatic. The clerk nor the store called the police.

I thought that might be the case...the articles have been misleading.

BroncoWave
08-15-2013, 10:54 AM
And for the record, I don't necessarily disagree with that position. That said, we're talking about Roger Goodell who will absolutely at least consider this recent event of his when considering removing the suspension. JMO.

It was Rav's positioning/statements that missing a court date isn't a big deal that I had a problem with. I really hope he sings a FAR different tune to his children than his opinions in this thread.

I thought an arbiter heard the appeal and made a decision. Is it Goodell who does that?

BroncoWave
08-15-2013, 10:55 AM
And the wait continues. This was just posted by Mort:

"No appeals hearing today on Von Miller's four-game suspension because of "complications," per sources."

Benetto
08-15-2013, 10:58 AM

I know! I think I may be closer to you now too. We moved from crappy Dexter street in Glendale.

silkamilkamonico
08-15-2013, 11:00 AM
And the wait continues. This was just posted by Mort:

"No appeals hearing today on Von Miller's four-game suspension because of "complications," per sources."

I wonder if Von missed his appeals case too?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller's appeals hearing on a four-game suspension for violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy will not be conducted Thursday, as tentatively scheduled, according to sources.

Miller's case has "complications" that has resulted in the league and NFL Players Association working to resolve on the player's behalf, the sources added. No other specifics were provided.

The NFL has not announced any suspension for Miller because his appeal is pending.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9570442/von-miller-denver-broncos-appeal-hearing-postponed

MOtorboat
08-15-2013, 12:31 PM
He has to get the traffic ticket taken care for the warrant to go away so that he can leave the state...my guess.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2013, 12:40 PM
He has to get the traffic ticket taken care for the warrant to go away so that he can leave the state...my guess.

Never thought of that - could be

BroncoJoe
08-15-2013, 12:41 PM

doesn't the arrest and subsequent posting of bail take care of the warrant?

MOtorboat
08-15-2013, 12:50 PM
doesn't the arrest and subsequent posting of bail take care of the warrant?

He'd still have to pay the fine. I don't know if a court appearance is involved with that. Maybe the court appearance was today.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Missing from the final day of Broncos training camp Thursday was star linebacker Von Miller.

He was in Washington D.C. meeting with his NFL Players Association lawyers in preparation for his formal appeal with NFL officials regarding his four-game suspension, according to two sources close to the situation.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23869216/broncos-von-miller-meets-nflpa-washington-regarding-suspension

slim
08-15-2013, 01:00 PM

My guess is the NFL was set to reduce his suspension to 2 games, but now they are reconsidering.

MOtorboat
08-15-2013, 01:17 PM
My guess is the NFL was set to reduce his suspension to 2 games, but now they are reconsidering.

But they could only do that after they heard the appeal, and the appeal has been postponed...

slim
08-15-2013, 01:18 PM
But they could only do that after they heard the appeal, and the appeal has been postponed...

Please. Don't be so naive.

BroncoJoe
08-15-2013, 01:26 PM
I mentioned it earlier, and can't verify, but Mike Evans on 104.3 The Fan said that any drug related suspension cannot be reduced. Only eliminated or served.

Dapper Dan
08-15-2013, 01:27 PM
I mentioned it earlier, and can't verify, but Mike Evans on 104.3 The Fan said that any drug related suspension cannot be reduced. Only eliminated or served.

Yeah, but no one paid attention, it seems.

slim
08-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Well, Sandy was talking like it could be reduced.

I would take Sandy's word over Evans any day.

BroncoJoe
08-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Well, Sandy was talking like it could be reduced.

I would take Sandy's word over Evans any day.

Not too sure about that...

slim
08-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Not too sure about that...

About what?

BroncoJoe
08-15-2013, 01:33 PM
About what?

Sandy vs Mike.

Sandy thinks he's right on every subject, even when the truth is staring him right in the face.

slim
08-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Sandy vs Mike.

Sandy thinks he's right on every subject, even when the truth is staring him right in the face.

Yeah, he can be pretty stubborn, but he is right a lot more than Evans is. Evans talks out of his ass quite a bit

slim
08-15-2013, 01:56 PM
It’s unclear why Sash’s suspension wasn’t reduced. The NFL seems to have inconsistent rules regarding the use of Adderall, as Giants running back Andre Brown got his Adderall suspension lifted entirely, while Texans punter Brett Hartmann got his four-game Adderall suspension reduced to three games. However, because of the confidentiality rules regarding the drug-testing policies, we really don’t know for sure if the NFL is being inconsistent: It’s possible that the NFL has a reasonable explanation for the different levels of discipline handed out to different players, but that the league can’t offer that explanation publicly because it would violate the players’ confidentiality.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/28/giants-tyler-sash-loses-appeal-of-suspension/

BroncoWave
08-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Please. Don't be so naive.

So it's naive to think the NFL might wait until the appeal to fully make up their mind?

slim
08-15-2013, 02:52 PM
So it's naive to think the NFL might wait until the appeal to fully make up their mind?

Well, the word "fully" is the key.

My guess is a great deal of this is done behind the scenes with dialogue between the NFLPA, Von's agent and the NFL offices. So, they would likely have a basic understanding in place before the meeting takes place (similar to a plea deal in the legal system, in that the hearing is basically a formality).

So, my guess is they had something in place, but have decided to review the latest arrest before they can continue.

Obviously I don’t work for the NFL, so I could be way off base. But that is my guess.

BroncoWave
08-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Well, the word "fully" is the key.

My guess is a great deal of this is done behind the scenes with dialogue between the NFLPA, Von's agent and the NFL offices. So, they would likely have a basic understanding in place before the meeting takes place (similar to a plea deal in the legal system, in that the hearing is basically a formality).

So, my guess is they had something in place, but have decided to review the latest arrest before they can continue.

Obviously I don’t work for the NFL, so I could be way off base. But that is my guess.

Well the people in the media who I've seen comment on it say this latest incident will have no impact on his appeal since they are unrelated incidents. They all seemed pretty sure of it too. Granted they could be wrong, but that stance does make sense.

slim
08-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Well the people in the media who I've seen comment on it say this latest incident will have no impact on his appeal since they are unrelated incidents. They all seemed pretty sure of it too. Granted they could be wrong, but that stance does make sense.

Which people in the media are you talking about?

BroncoWave
08-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Which people in the media are you talking about?

Andrew Mason for one. I saw someone else (maybe Vic?) say that too.

slim
08-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Andrew Mason for one. I saw someone else (maybe Vic?) say that too.

Hmmm.....

BroncoWave
08-15-2013, 03:06 PM
I can't find the other person who said it, but someone asked Mason on twitter if this incident would impact his appeal and his response was "not at all". From that phrasing, it sounded like he knew that for sure more than just guessing.

Of course if his suspension stays at 4 games, the prevailing story will be that it was because of this arrest, regardless if that actually had anything to do with it or not.

slim
08-15-2013, 03:09 PM
I can't find the other person who said it, but someone asked Mason on twitter if this incident would impact his appeal and his response was "not at all". From that phrasing, it sounded like he knew that for sure more than just guessing.

Of course if his suspension stays at 4 games, the prevailing story will be that it was because of this arrest, regardless if that actually had anything to do with it or not.

Yeah, there is no way to know. I would reference the article I posted earlier, where it's clear that no one is quite sure what goes into these decisions or how they are made (not even Andrew Mason :D).

So really all we can do is look at past events and apply common sense.

G_Money
08-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Since Von was adamant he would not be suspended, and the Broncos were stated by multiple media sources to side with Von on that argument, if he gets 4 games yeah I'll assume this had something to do with the failure of his appeal. I'd love for him to walk out of his appeal meeting with no suspension, then Ravage can tell me how much I was over-reacting and I'll be thrilled.

We'll see.

~g

BroncoWave
08-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Since Von was adamant he would not be suspended, and the Broncos were stated by multiple media sources to side with Von on that argument, if he gets 4 games yeah I'll assume this had something to do with the failure of his appeal. I'd love for him to walk out of his appeal meeting with no suspension, then Ravage can tell me how much I was over-reacting and I'll be thrilled.

We'll see.

~g

This wouldn't be the first time a player and team were adamant that a suspension would be overturned only to be wrong about it. If it stays at 4, that really won't prove it was because of this arrest.

Dapper Dan
08-15-2013, 03:16 PM
I wish the answer would hurry up and come down. Ugh. I'd like to know if he's gonna play or not.

Hawgdriver
08-15-2013, 08:49 PM

My reaction to this: how can an agent be this bad?

Buff
08-16-2013, 10:05 AM
My reaction to this: how can an agent be this bad?

Right? He should fire everyone who is on his payroll and start over.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Von Miller is a superb pass rusher, a two-time Pro Bowler, the Broncos' best defensive player and a splitting headache to a team favored to win the Super Bowl.

Miller missed the final training camp session Thursday to plan an appeal strategy with his players union lawyers in Washington, D.C., according to two NFL sources. Meanwhile, the rest of the Broncos were left back at Dove Valley to field questions about his latest transgression.

Miller's appeal of a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's drug policy will be heard in some form Tuesday, according to an NFL source. It might be a formal hearing with the NFL version of prosecutor, attorney and clerk recorder. Or it may be an exchange of dialogue.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23873298/broncos-von-miller-skips-last-day-training-camp

Denver Native (Carol)
08-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Yesterday, my son had on koa radio and Dave Logan was talking about how the players not only receive fan mail at Broncos' headquarters, but many players have their personal mail sent there also. As my son did not hear the beginning of what Dave said - could Dave have meant that the drug testing notification was received at the Broncos' headquarters, but somehow, fell in a crack there, and never relayed to Von?

BroncoWave
08-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Right? He should fire everyone who is on his payroll and start over.

If I were an NFL team, I would hire personal handlers for my best 15-20 players and have them of charge of making sure players do shit like go to their court dates and don't drive drunk. Some of these players seriously need babysitters.

powderaddict
08-16-2013, 11:30 AM
lol @ the complete meltdown in this thread :laugh:

Von's lack of judgement is concerning. Hopefully he learns an important life lesson through all this. But overall in the "Grand History of Criminal Athletes", this is pretty inconsequential.

As always, I'll wait for the final outcome before I start any serious hand-wringing.

Missing a court date on a traffic violation is not all that serious, at least in my experience. When I was 18 I moved around a lot (basically homeless), got several traffic tickets, and never went to court for any of them. Awhile later I got wise, and went to each county (all three were in different counties) and went before a judge, apologized for my idiocy, and paid my fines.

So in my experience, missing a court date on a traffic offense wasn't really all that serious. Of course, I wasn't a high profile celebrity either.

I'm not saying it's not concerning, but I don't think it's a huge deal either. The bigger problem is the seeming pattern of poor decision making, and seeing Von's name come up in the news regularly for non-sports related items.

vandammage13
08-16-2013, 11:43 AM

It's not borderline idiotic..It's blatantly idiotic.

Northman
08-16-2013, 12:36 PM

Von's lack of judgement is concerning. Hopefully he learns an important life lesson through all this. But overall in the "Grand History of Criminal Athletes", this is pretty inconsequential.

As always, I'll wait for the final outcome before I start any serious hand-wringing.

Missing a court date on a traffic violation is not all that serious, at least in my experience. When I was 18 I moved around a lot (basically homeless), got several traffic tickets, and never went to court for any of them. Awhile later I got wise, and went to each county (all three were in different counties) and went before a judge, apologized for my idiocy, and paid my fines.

So in my experience, missing a court date on a traffic offense wasn't really all that serious. Of course, I wasn't a high profile celebrity either.

I'm not saying it's not concerning, but I don't think it's a huge deal either. The bigger problem is the seeming pattern of poor decision making, and seeing Von's name come up in the news regularly for non-sports related items.

To be honest, if we never had to worry about Athletes missing games due to off field conduct i could care less that he smokes pot or missing court dates. But, since it does effect how Goodell sees a "pattern" fans and the team should be a bit concerned. Hopefully it works out but its a bit sad that he cant just go next door and take care of this stuff.

Ravage!!!
08-16-2013, 12:40 PM
seems to be a pretty common contention that this last incidence wont have any effect on the appeal, as they are not at all related. No matter how the fans feel that its a "pattern."

So I think he gets the same suspension that he would have gotten, and feel that the "fan panic" is blowing things out of proportion. But then, we as fans do that all the time with LOTS of things.

G_Money
08-16-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm trying to get into college and there's a problem with my application. I have a meeting with the dean of admissions scheduled for tomorrow. I have this blip on my academic record that I want to straighten out with him so he can rubber-stamp me for admission.

The day before I'm supposed to meet with him I get arrested at a gun club for outstanding traffic warrants due to failure to appear. It makes the front page of the dean's morning paper that he reads with his coffee every morning. The same coffee he dunks the souls of denied candidates into.

This has nothing to do with the academic issues I was gonna talk to the dean about, so it SHOULD have no effect. Will it?

~G

MOtorboat
08-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Your ability to get into college isn't collectively bargained.

powderaddict
08-16-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm trying to get into college and there's a problem with my application. I have a meeting with the dean of admissions scheduled for tomorrow. I have this blip on my academic record that I want to straighten out with him so he can rubber-stamp me for admission.

The day before I'm supposed to meet with him I get arrested at a gun club for outstanding traffic warrants due to failure to appear. It makes the front page of the dean's morning paper that he reads with his coffee every morning. The same coffee he dunks the souls of denied candidates into.

This has nothing to do with the academic issues I was gonna talk to the dean about, so it SHOULD have no effect. Will it?

~G

What does you trying to get into a school have to do with Von appealing his suspension?

If you have a band of lawyers walking into the meeting with you, and a bargaining agreement with the school that states your traffic related offense wouldn't impact the meeting with the Dean about your previous blip, then no, it shouldn't have any effect.

Your hypothetical here ignores huge chunks of relevant data.

G_Money
08-16-2013, 01:45 PM
*rubs forehead*

What's been collectively bargained is the right to appeal. The appeal process will not include the statement "because you were a dumbass and got arrested the day before you were supposed to talk to us, we're upholding your four game suspension." It can very well include the statement, "We don't find your argument valid, the 4 games stand" and have THAT decision still influenced by the arrest.

It's like a judge telling a jury to "forget" what's been told them about a case. They can't forget the knowledge that the person on trial has committed other violations of the law even as he's telling them that he's a good person, it was all a misunderstanding, just a paperwork problem, etc. They're still biased.

Let's hope Von's lawyers have such a good argument for him skipping the test that he gets the whole thing thrown out and there's no debate about length of suspension at all. Then maybe one of them can go with him to court to pay his stupid traffic fines too.

~G

Northman
08-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I think people are missing G's point here. Its not about what is in writing, its just a pattern of behavior to which Goodell would need to feel that Von is making an attempt to be responsible, trustworthy on his admission that he needs to clean up his act.

Pac Man Jones wasnt obligated to stay out of strip clubs, but after meeting with Goodell on one incident involved a club he was back at the next day getting into trouble at another one totally separate from the first incident. Sure, Von isnt as bad as Pac Man but when you go out of your way to get into more trouble whether intentional or not it does show Goodell that you're not really taking it seriously.

Hawgdriver
08-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Missing a court date is not trivial, but Von should have better things to worry about than tending his day-planner. That's what the hired help is for. Von's sucks.

What is it with the agents of star Bronco pass-rushers? The ineptness is striking, considering the money involved.

Northman
08-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Yea, speaking of which. Caught some of the Ravens game last night and Doom was looking pretty good out there in limited action. Should be interesting seeing how he does this year.

Ravage!!!
08-16-2013, 03:29 PM
No.. we aren't missing his point. He thinks that Goodell is a principal, and will treat the bad behavior boy strict becaust he's been sent to the corner a few times.

The difference is, that Goodell is a lawyer, and Von Will be represented by a lawyer, and when they discuss the initial charges on how and why they happened, one lawyer will look at another lawyer and say "Roger, we both know that missing a court date for a "traffic violation" does not indicate a pattern of "bad behavior," so lets not waste both our time by going there. It is SOooooo common to miss a court date for a traffic violation that it's COMICAL that people are trying to make this into som BIG deal. It's almost laughable that some have tried to suggest that it IS a big deal. When you go pay a ticket, listen to see if names are called and how many miss their court. I've gone to court MANY times to evict tennants, and the tennants were supposed to show up to court...guess HOW MANY times they don't! Go to court on divorces and find out how many times one party doesn't show up. It HAPPENS a LOT. You get the ticket, you lay it on a kitchen table/counter...it gets moved to a drawer (especially if you have a cleaning service)...and you forget about it. WOW. Now when you find out that you didn't appear, you go and take care of the ticket. YOu pay your ticket, you pay your fine, you move on.

So before we start to rattle off more of the "it shows a pattern" silliness, lets also realize that Goodell knows the difference and can see that missing a court date for a traffic violation is NOT indicators of some criminal behavior or pattern of mis-conduct. He's intelligent enough to see how that can happen, ESPECIALLY when it was basically having to show proof of insurance.

G can feel that this will have an effect ALLLLL he wants. He can sweat and pace and worry and complain and call Von Miller an idiot and shake his fist at him and threaten to dislike him for buying his jersey and ALLLL that. Von is going to get a suspension for missing the drug testing date, and he SHOULD. If he can prove that he was over seas and visiting the troops, then he still should have followed the rules....even if he didn't know the procedure, he should have. But I can't see where that leads to a 4 game suspension.

There are just so much "the sky is falling" cries and insults flying that it's pretty overboard, imo.

Northman
08-16-2013, 03:32 PM
No.. we aren't missing his point. He thinks that Goodell is a principal, and will treat the bad behavior boy strict becaust he's been sent to the corner a few times.

The difference is, that Goodell is a lawyer, and Von Will be represented by a lawyer, and when they discuss the initial charges on how and why they happened, one lawyer will look at another lawyer and say "Roger, we both know that missing a court date for a "traffic violation" does not indicate a pattern of "bad behavior," so lets not waste both our time by going there. It is SOooooo common to miss a court date for a traffic violation that it's COMICAL that people are trying to make this into som BIG deal. It's almost laughable that some have tried to suggest that it IS a big deal. When you go pay a ticket, listen to see if names are called and how many miss their court. I've gone to court MANY times to evict tennants, and the tennants were supposed to show up to court...guess HOW MANY times they don't! Go to court on divorces and find out how many times one party doesn't show up. It HAPPENS a LOT. You get the ticket, you lay it on a kitchen table/counter...it gets moved to a drawer (especially if you have a cleaning service)...and you forget about it. WOW. Now when you find out that you didn't appear, you go and take care of the ticket. YOu pay your ticket, you pay your fine, you move on.

So before we start to rattle off more of the "it shows a pattern" silliness, lets also realize that Goodell knows the difference and can see that missing a court date for a traffic violation is NOT indicators of some criminal behavior or pattern of mis-conduct. He's intelligent enough to see how that can happen, ESPECIALLY when it was basically having to show proof of insurance.

G can feel that this will have an effect ALLLLL he wants. He can sweat and pace and worry and complain and call Von Miller an idiot and shake his fist at him and threaten to dislike him for buying his jersey and ALLLL that. Von is going to get a suspension for missing the drug testing date, and he SHOULD. If he can prove that he was over seas and visiting the troops, then he still should have followed the rules....even if he didn't know the procedure, he should have. But I can't see where that leads to a 4 game suspension.

There are just so much "the sky is falling" cries and insults flying that it's pretty overboard, imo.

No one said the sky is falling. No panic here. Just opinions.

ShaneFalco
08-16-2013, 04:57 PM

seriously its kind of sad. youd think he would be in child support court or something instead of traffic.

Ravage!!!
08-16-2013, 06:31 PM
No one said the sky is falling. No panic here. Just opinions.

Certainly not from you, my friend, certainly not from you. :salute:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Von Miller is arguably the best olb in football. He seems to have a likeable personality too. Von is like LT with his skill set. He's a difference maker. Hes a once in a generation player that Denver needs to keep.

He may be immature, but he's not a hardened criminal.

Chef Zambini
08-17-2013, 10:55 AM

joe, this is something I would post.
thanks for filling in during my absence.
habitually stoopid is no defense. this guy needs a baby sitter !

Chef Zambini
08-18-2013, 12:51 AM
"... sure the guy has had some off the field issues, but it"s not like he's killed anybody"

this is what patriot fans were saying about aaron hernandez in 2012.

if football fans continue to look the other way, its only natural and inevitable for some players to act like nobody is looking.

GEM
08-18-2013, 01:55 AM
Did Von play tonight? I thought I saw his #, but it was pancaked under a left tackle. Way to show up Von.

powderaddict
08-19-2013, 09:31 AM
"... sure the guy has had some off the field issues, but it"s not like he's killed anybody"

this is what patriot fans were saying about aaron hernandez in 2012.

if football fans continue to look the other way, its only natural and inevitable for some players to act like nobody is looking.

I don't remember ever reading any patriot fans saying that, maybe you can point me toward some comments from 2012?

In fact, I don't really remember aaron hernandez getting into much trouble, at lease publicly around 2012 that would cause patriot fans to say what you claim they say.

Do you really think Von Miller is capable of murder because he missed a traffic court date?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

From @Mortreport and me: Broncos LB Von Miller likely will be suspended as soon as today for at least six games.

I have NO CLUE where they are getting this information, but if they are correct - :eek::eek::eek:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 4m

Von Miller's suspension for violation of the league's substance policy is expected to be at least six games, per sources.

BroncoWave
08-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Wut??

powderaddict
08-19-2013, 10:07 AM
WTF man. 6 games?? Hopefully someone fatfingerd "0"

Nomad
08-19-2013, 10:08 AM

From @Mortreport and me: Broncos LB Von Miller likely will be suspended as soon as today for at least six games.

I have NO CLUE where they are getting this information, but if they are correct - :eek::eek::eek:

Schefter is about as a reliable source as there is, so this news SUCKS!

Davii
08-19-2013, 10:10 AM
This makes no sense at all. How do you appeal a 4 game suspension and wind up getting 6?

Nomad
08-19-2013, 10:12 AM
This makes no sense at all. How do you appeal a 4 game suspension and wind up getting 6?

Could it be his latest arrest being a factor? Perhaps, the NFL wasn't going to grant his 4 game appeal and gave him an extra 2 for the arrest......all I can do is assume.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM

Not only does it make no sense, but some of the local speculation all along was that Von did nothing wrong - missed a test when he was with Champ seeing some troops, etc.

NightTrainLayne
08-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Anyone want to make the argument that the new arrest won't matter still?

6 games. This is devastating.

BroncoWave
08-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Could it be his latest arrest being a factor? Perhaps, the NFL wasn't going to grant his 4 game appeal and gave him an extra 2 for the arrest......all I can do is assume.

I highly doubt it. The personal conduct policy is separate from the substance abuse policy. The NFL doesn't typically hand out two game suspensions for a first offense (and a minor one at that) of the personal conduct policy. This would be grade A BS in the highest degree if the arrest tacked 2 games onto the suspension.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller likely will be suspended at least six games for violation of the league's substance policy, according to league sources.

The announcement could come as early as Monday but the sides are still negotiating the final number on a deal that is expected to be formalized sometime this week, the sources said.

Miller is not likely to go forward with an appeal, though all sides were trying to finalize the suspension's conditions.

Miller met last Thursday with the NFL Players Association with some hope he could have the suspension reduced to four games, sources said, but another source familiar with the process was convinced it will be at least a six-game suspension.

Regardless, Denver will have to begin game-planning knowing Miller will not be available.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9581214/von-miller-denver-broncos-likely-get-6-game-ban

AND the article says AT LEAST 6 games - which indicates it could be MORE than 6 games

Dapper Dan
ESPN NFL - Broncos LB Von Miller likely facing minimum 6-game suspension for violating drug policy - sources

NightTrainLayne
I highly doubt it. The personal conduct policy is separate from the substance abuse policy. The NFL doesn't typically hand out two game suspensions for a first offense (and a minor one at that) of the personal conduct policy. This would be grade A BS in the highest degree if the arrest tacked 2 games onto the suspension.

Was it not a 4 game suspension that he was appealing?

In other words, had he not appealed, he could have just served a 4 game suspension?

Dapper Dan
That blows.

Nomad

Perhaps, the NFL is going to make Von an example of the new 'no tolerance' NFL.

Tned
08-19-2013, 10:17 AM

In other words, had he not appealed, he could have just served a 4 game suspension?

That was probably an assumption on the 6 games. He just tweeted that he did nothing wrong but won't appeal, or something like that.

NightTrainLayne
08-19-2013, 10:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9581214/von-miller-denver-broncos-likely-get-6-game-ban

Ummm. . ..

but another source familiar with the process was convinced it will be at least a six-game suspension.

BroncoWave
08-19-2013, 10:18 AM

Mort just said the 6 game suspension has been on the table already. He did not say for how long though. For all we know, the initial report of 4 games could have been wrong. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the arrest adding two games. The personal conduct policy is separate from the substance abuse policy.

If Goodell announces a 4 game suspension for the drugs and 2 games for the arrest, that's one thing. But if he announces a 6 gamer for the drugs, that is horseshit. In no way should a completely unrelated offense ADD games to a drug suspension.

slim
08-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Lol

PatriotsGuy
08-19-2013, 10:22 AM
He just tweeted that he did nothing wrong but won't appeal, or something like that.

Why don't any of these guys just keep quiet and not always deny responsibility? You wouldn't be getting suspended if you did nothing.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Broncos linebacker Von Miller said last week he was “confident” of winning his appeal, but he apparently shouldn’t have been.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Miller’s suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy will be “at least six games,” though he’s still trying to negotiate it down to four.

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/report-von-miller-suspension-at-least-six-games/

Army Bronco
08-19-2013, 10:29 AM
If Goodell is just changing rules then he needs to be fired. His power is going unchecked. This is the NFL not the NGL.

powderaddict
08-19-2013, 10:31 AM
I don't understand, how did he skip the 4 game? Isn't that the steps? Where is 6 games coming from?

CrazyHorse
08-19-2013, 10:32 AM
This really sucks. Not having Dumervil, Miller, Wolfe, and possibly Bailey to start the season.

G_Money
08-19-2013, 10:36 AM
At least we're playing the Raiders, Eagles and Jags in the first 6 games. Our first two pre-season games are way harder than that.

We might look a lot like last year, though, where we were a mess to start the season and then put it together. Thanks Von. :tsk: Our bye is after week 8. Hang on for a bumpy ride...

~G

BroncoWave
08-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Albert Breer of NFLN sheds some light on the situation...

Been told Miller's recent arrest is unrelated to the length of suspension here. The steps of suspension in drug program are 4, then 8 games.

My sense is the six-game suspension might be a reduction from eight. Possible he was at that step of the program.

www.twitter.com/albertbreer

This explanation makes the most sense IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Broncos linebacker Von Miller is in the process of appealing a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy, but according to a new report, Miller did not fail a drug test.

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/26/report-von-miller-suspension-not-for-a-positive-drug-test/

Many were reporting that Von did NOT fail a drug test - now the question - were these reports WRONG? If they were NOT wrong, how could AT LEAST 6 game suspension be justified?

BroncoAV06
08-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Von Miller is a dope.

This defense is in a really bad place at the moment.

MOtorboat
08-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Didn't see that coming.

G_Money
08-19-2013, 10:47 AM
If Von was at the 8 game step that means he botched two tests over the offseason, not just one. Is that even possible?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 37m

Miller still hopes to negotiate 4 game suspension; not lot of optimism in Denver. Talks ongoing but 6 games has been on table, per sources

slim
08-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Albert Breer of NFLN sheds some light on the situation...

www.twitter.com/albertbreer

This explanation makes the most sense IMO.

How can he be at "that step" if he was never suspended for 4 games?

Step 1: 4 games. Step 2: 8 games. :noidea:

Nomad
08-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Didn't see that coming.

The suspension or that Von is a dope.:lol:

slim
08-19-2013, 10:51 AM
We can't really afford to lose him for 6. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Bright side: his chickens will be well taken care of.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 10:51 AM
How can he be at "that step" if he was never suspended for 4 games?

Step 1: 4 games. Step 2: 8 games. :noidea:

I totally agree. If he failed a drug test, which it was reported that he did NOT, but if he did, a 4 game suspension would be automatic.

slim
08-19-2013, 10:52 AM
I totally agree. If he failed a drug test, which it was reported that he did NOT, but if he did, a 4 game suspension would be automatic.

We need Paul Harvey...and fast.

G_Money
08-19-2013, 10:52 AM
So it looks something like:

1) Miller somehow screwed up enough to go from no games to an 8 game suspension in one offseason, meaning two failed/missed tests.

2) He and the NFLPA thought 8 games for one offseason's stupidity was unfair. The NFL apparently offered 6 as a compromise.

3) He tried to negotiate it down to four, while bragging he would serve no time.

4) He got arrested.

5) whether or not 4) is a factor, the NFL laughed in his face about further reductions and might pull the 6 game offer off the table entirely.

Yeah, Von's a moron.

rationalfan
08-19-2013, 10:56 AM
random thought related to the news: assuming it's a failed test for marijuana, is the NFL coming down hard on this to discourage players in states where weed is legal from using it? think about it, if players in colorado or california or washington appeal for/claim fair use because of the law, the NFL has a mess with enforcing its discipline policies.

Tned
08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Vic is tweeting that he has on good authority that the original suspension was for a diluted sample.

Nomad
08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
We can't really afford to lose him for 6. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Bright side: his chickens will be well taken care of.

Maybe we can get the Zach Brown Band to sing about Chicken Farmin:lol:

MOtorboat
08-19-2013, 10:58 AM

Vic is now saying it was a "diluted" test and he's about as sure about it as he can be, said source is close to the situation and reliable.

powderaddict
08-19-2013, 10:59 AM
random thought related to the news: assuming it's a failed test for marijuana, is the NFL coming down hard on this to discourage players in states where weed is legal from using it? think about it, if players in colorado or california or washington appeal for/claim fair use because of the law, the NFL has a mess with enforcing its discipline policies.

There are many legal substances that the NFL does not allow. Regardless of the State laws, the employer can still enforce their own policy. Plus, Federally, it is still illegal.

G_Money
08-19-2013, 11:04 AM

It's legal to take Adderall with a prescription, but it's against the collective bargaining agreement unless the NFL signs off, so even with a "Doctor's note" you're still getting suspended.

Drug legality has nothing to do with collective bargaining rules. Pot is against the NFL's CBA, so whatever the states choose to do is immaterial.

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Vic is now saying it was a "diluted" test and he's about as sure about it as he can be, said source is close to the situation and reliable.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 17m

I know the original suspension involved a diluted test. Got that on good authority. Was there another missed test? Another diluted sample?

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 43m

The fact that it's now six games instead of four tells me there was another failed/missed test or someone got caught in a lie.

Nomad
08-19-2013, 11:08 AM
So who will be substituting for Von?

G_Money
08-19-2013, 11:09 AM
I really didn't want a Shawne Merriman on my team. Get your shit together, Von. Like, NOW.

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 22m

“@RS1022: @dmac1043 6 games? either comes from using a masking agent to cover illicit drug use or PEDs”don't know

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 26m

If Von advances from Stage 2 to 3 (after 2 violations, it seems to have happened): 10 tests per month, 1 more violation means banishment

G_Money
So who will be substituting for Von?

Irving's gonna take Von's spot while Bradley plays the middle.

G_Money
08-19-2013, 11:11 AM
BTW, when did linebackers all turn into headache-causing divas with the IQs of lobotomized goats? Isn't that supposed to be a WR problem?

GEM
08-19-2013, 11:13 AM

I just read an article says the new arrest has nothing to do with it.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 39m

Three weeks ago, Broncos were acting so confident this would all go away. Tide has shifted recently

This is what I don't understand, unless the Broncos were NOT given all of the facts?????

slim
08-19-2013, 11:16 AM

If Von advances from Stage 2 to 3 (after 2 violations, it seems to have happened): 10 tests per month, 1 more violation means banishment

Dude better get his mind right.

Nomad
08-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 22m

“@RS1022: @dmac1043 6 games? either comes from using a masking agent to cover illicit drug use or PEDs”don't know

Banishment???

powderaddict
08-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Dude better get his mind right.

As long as he stays away from the Head Shops!

Nomad
08-19-2013, 11:19 AM
I just read an article says the new arrest has nothing to do with it.

That's what I keep hearing.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 11:20 AM
The Denver Broncos might be without All-Pro linebacker Von Miller longer than his initial four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

The league now is discussing a six-game suspension, a union source told NFL.com's Albert Breer. Miller's representatives still are trying to negotiate it down to four games. ESPN was the first to report on the likelihood of an extended suspension.

The NFL Players Association has insisted that Miller's case did not involve a performance-enhancing drug. An NFL source has told The Denver Post that the suspension did not involve a positive test for a recreational drug. The league's policy does allow punishment for missing tests or counseling sessions.

There's no word on the reason behind the increased suspension. Breer has been told that Miller's arrest last week on a warrant for failure to appear is unrelated.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000231638/article/broncos-von-miller-facing-possible-sixgame-ban

I am definitely confused

Northman
08-19-2013, 11:22 AM

Guess they are sending a message. A costly one at that. Von better start to rethink his priorities.

Northman
08-19-2013, 11:28 AM
So it looks something like:

1) Miller somehow screwed up enough to go from no games to an 8 game suspension in one offseason, meaning two failed/missed tests.

2) He and the NFLPA thought 8 games for one offseason's stupidity was unfair. The NFL apparently offered 6 as a compromise.

3) He tried to negotiate it down to four, while bragging he would serve no time.

4) He got arrested.

5) whether or not 4) is a factor, the NFL laughed in his face about further reductions and might pull the 6 game offer off the table entirely.

Yeah, Von's a moron.

^
All this

Keep your nose clean and none of this is an issue right now.

Timmy!
08-19-2013, 11:31 AM
The ****?

rationalfan
08-19-2013, 11:42 AM
There are many legal substances that the NFL does not allow. Regardless of the State laws, the employer can still enforce their own policy. Plus, Federally, it is still illegal.

of course, i realize this. my point is that i wonder if the NFL is sending a strong message - in a state with legal weed - to avoid any future grey area.

Nomad
08-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Of course, the NFL is making Von an example. He's one of the best, and regardless of their talent, no player will be immune from disregarding NFL policy.

Buff
08-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Worst. Appeal. Ever.

G_Money
08-19-2013, 12:05 PM
"I'm getting four games? This is a travesty! A sham! A mockery! A traveshamockery! I appeal!"

"Now you get six games."

"BURGLEFLICKLE!"

~G

NightTrainLayne
08-19-2013, 12:16 PM
"I'm getting four games? This is a travesty! A sham! A mockery! A traveshamockery! I appeal!"

"Now you get six games."

"BURGLEFLICKLE!"

~G

Von: I settled with them Jackie.

Jackie Chiles: You what?

Von: Yeah, they gave me 6 games suspension, but said I could still do my sack dance as long as I wasn't directing it at the QB.

JC: This is the most public of my many humiliations. . .

Northman
08-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Von: I settled with them Jackie.

Jackie Chiles: You what?

Von: Yeah, they gave me 6 games suspension, but said I could still do my sack dance as long as I wasn't directing it at the QB.

JC: This is the most public of my many humiliations. . .

Maybe Goodell offered to give him the 4 game suspension but Von got confused and tried to talk him down to 6 and it worked.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 12:24 PM
from article:

If the NFL adds two games to the suspension, it likely would be because the league believes Miller's urine specimen was altered. If there is a "fraudulent attempt to affect the results," it will tack on more games, said a source familiar with NFL drug policy.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23892679/von-miller-suspension

Also, I think it is Chris Landry on with Sandy now on the fan, and he just stated that missing two tests, missing two counseling sessions will also result in a longer suspension

MOtorboat
08-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Guess they are sending a message. A costly one at that. Von better start to rethink his priorities.

There's a collective bargaining agreement that keeps the NFL from railroading a player to make an example of. So there's definitely something here that hasn't been reported. As a few have said, it might have been two drug tests in the offseason.

silkamilkamonico
08-19-2013, 12:28 PM
from article:

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23892679/von-miller-suspension

Also, I think it is Chris Landry on with Sandy now on the fan, and he just stated that missing two tests, missing two counseling sessions will also result in a longer suspension

Definitely likely. Von seems to "miss" on almost everything off the field.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 12:28 PM
from article:

The Broncos are playing the waiting game with Von Miller, hoping to find out when his suspension will be announced. And there's a good chance it will happen Monday, a source with knowledge of the situation told CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora.

The only question is how many games Miller will miss? The NFL was seeking eight games or more, but the NFLPA, which is taking an active role in Miller's defense, is looking for a reduced sentence of four games or less. La Canfora reports that the two parties will likely meet in the middle, landing on a six-game suspension.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen was the first to report Miller's facing a suspension of "at least" six games in 2013.

rest - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23221507/report-von-miller-to-be-suspended-soon-at-least-six-games

NightTrainLayne
08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
I am sooooo glad I didn't buy that Von Miller jersey last year. I had it in hand, and was going to pull the trigger, and backed off at the last second.

Northman
08-19-2013, 12:43 PM
There's a collective bargaining agreement that keeps the NFL from railroading a player to make an example of. So there's definitely something here that hasn't been reported. As a few have said, it might have been two drug tests in the offseason.

Looks like from what Carol posted you are right. Still, its 6 games too many for this team.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 12:44 PM
appears some facts are now coming out - if they are true

from article:

In the test that triggered the suspension, multiple sources say Miller was flagged for a "diluted sample." It happened after Miller was asked to provide a test before an offseason workout/practice and the sample was spilled, by Miller, before it was given to the collector. Miller was then asked at that time to provide another sample and he could not.

He then participated in the workout, drinking fluids throughout the activity. Miller then provided a sample that was used in the test following the workout.

At the meeting with NFLPA officials Thursday in Washington, D.C., multiple sources say discussions were held over whether to challenge Miller's positive test in 2011, for marijuana and amphetamines, as part of his appeal. The flagged samples came following the NFL lockout that kept players away from team facilities until training camp opened. Miller has also argued prescribed medication provided the positive result for amphetamines.

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9581214/von-miller-denver-broncos-likely-get-6-game-ban

so - I would assume the diluted test was a result of Miller drinking the fluids before the test

MOtorboat
08-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Looks like from what Carol posted you are right. Still, its 6 games too many for this team.

Yup.

I'm also questioning how truly upset Von's camp could be about the "leak."

Up until today, it appears that Von's camp's side was the side offering up the most information. Makes me think the "leak" was in his camp.

G_Money
08-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I am sooooo glad I didn't buy that Von Miller jersey last year. I had it in hand, and was going to pull the trigger, and backed off at the last second.

Eff you, NTL. The Von jersey sitting in my closet might have to be set on fire to rid our season of any lingering hangover.

Buff
08-19-2013, 01:48 PM
appears some facts are now coming out - if they are true

from article:

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9581214/von-miller-denver-broncos-likely-get-6-game-ban

so - I would assume the diluted test was a result of Miller drinking the fluids before the test

The problem is that diluting a test is a common practice for trying to avoid peeing hot. e.g. - if you get a surprise test, and you know that you're going to fail, the only course of action at that point is to do what Von allegedly did - which is drink so many fluids prior to the test that it dilutes your urine. Given that he already failed a test (allegedly) - I'd bet this was a last ditch effort at not failing another test.

Dreadnought
08-19-2013, 01:50 PM
I wonder if its time to consider swindling Dan Snyder again by trading this muttonhead. Damned if he isn't a great football player but I am sick of this crap. Normally I would say his is a talent you don't easily shop around, but some especially stupid orgs are known to overpay for guys like this.

slim
08-19-2013, 01:58 PM
I wonder if its time to consider swindling Dan Snyder again by trading this muttonhead. Damned if he isn't a great football player but I am sick of this crap. Normally I would say his is a talent you don't easily shop around, but some especially stupid orgs are known to overpay for guys like this.

I hope not, Dread. My main fear would be the 3+ years of whining that would ensue about how the organization has been "set-back 10 years". That is what happens when a star player is traded. I don't think I could stomach that....again.

rationalfan
08-19-2013, 02:13 PM
this thread, again, reminds me why i'm so glad fans aren't running this team.

trade miller? give up on one of the most talented players in the league just because he'll miss six games? if miller missed six games every year for the next three seasons he'd still be exponentially more valuable than some average linebacker who never gets in trouble with the law (allen aldridge, anyone?).

come on, people. you complain when this team doesn't haven't any upper echelon players. then the broncos get a couple and if they don't act like choir boys you want to get rid of them? that's bad business. not to mention, bad leadership.

G_Money
08-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Von's gonna get a stratospheric raise soon, rf. I'm not up for trading him, but he'll miss a full year (and have to beg for reinstatment) next time if they're really suspending him for 2 failed tests. If it's just for one that was "doctored" by spilling a cup and then pounding water, okay, but Von's got to be in the lineup.

It's like Brandon Marshall. If he can square his act away, he's a great talent. If he's gonna be a knucklehead then he won't be on the field to help you at all. Marshall got the help he needed and seems to have fixed his life. I'm proud of him, and I was not AT ALL on the "trade him" bandwagon.

I don't want to trade Von either. But he's got to get his shit together. Screwing up as a rook is one thing. This offseason and preseason is something else entirely.

~G

rationalfan
08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Von's gonna get a stratospheric raise soon, rf. I'm not up for trading him, but he'll miss a full year (and have to beg for reinstatment) next time if they're really suspending him for 2 failed tests. If it's just for one that was "doctored" by spilling a cup and then pounding water, okay, but Von's got to be in the lineup.

It's like Brandon Marshall. If he can square his act away, he's a great talent. If he's gonna be a knucklehead then he won't be on the field to help you at all. Marshall got the help he needed and seems to have fixed his life. I'm proud of him, and I was not AT ALL on the "trade him" bandwagon.

I don't want to trade Von either. But he's got to get his shit together. Screwing up as a rook is one thing. This offseason and preseason is something else entirely.

~G

i see your point. but if we're playing the "what if" game on miller's next suspension, any player who signs a huge contract could see his career end with an injury - very easily. that's why the nfl doesn't have guaranteed contracts. so say the broncos sign miller long term and he gets a big signing bonus, then he fails another test is gone for a year or more. the team loses the signing bonus and a season's pay, no more if they sever ties afterwards. that's the risk on an investment that i'm fine with. miller's talent is worth the chance. as was manning.

Northman
08-19-2013, 02:30 PM

Doh! Now you gone and done it....

Northman
08-19-2013, 02:31 PM

~G

Exactly.

Its not time to give up on Von but it doesnt mean you sit back and let him miss 6 games a year either. Thats just bad business and leadership.

Broncolingus
08-19-2013, 02:38 PM
...Still, its 6 games too many for this team.

Concur...anything's possible of course, but...

...I don't see this defense being able to consistently perform at the same (high) level with him out half the season...I wasn't even comfortable with a potential four game suspension.

...and that doesn't even count the injuries that have/and will occur during that time.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 46m

Broncos are furious that these Von suspension reports are getting out before they're notified. NFL hasn't told them anything.

rationalfan
08-19-2013, 05:14 PM
hilarious thing in this thread: the broncos best defensive player is facing a large suspension and people are complaining the miller jersey they bought.

not knockin' it, just a fan perspective i hadn't considered. made me lol.

Northman
08-19-2013, 05:16 PM
hilarious thing in this thread: the broncos best defensive player is facing a large suspension and people are complaining the miller jersey they bought.

not knockin' it, just a fan perspective i hadn't considered. made me lol.

Its probably one of the main reasons why i dont even buy jersey's of current players. They just arent around long enough to consider worth buying.

Poet
08-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Its probably one of the main reasons why i dont even buy jersey's of current players. They just arent around long enough to consider worth buying.

Yeah. There aren't really that many exceptions to the rule anymore. I think mostly QB's and LT's, really might be it?

ShaneFalco
08-19-2013, 05:48 PM
this thread, again, reminds me why i'm so glad fans aren't running this team.

trade miller? give up on one of the most talented players in the league just because he'll miss six games? if miller missed six games every year for the next three seasons he'd still be exponentially more valuable than some average linebacker who never gets in trouble with the law (allen aldridge, anyone?).

come on, people. you complain when this team doesn't haven't any upper echelon players. then the broncos get a couple and if they don't act like choir boys you want to get rid of them? that's bad business. not to mention, bad leadership.
bunch of tear jerkers. Thats all.

Im going to wear my Von jersey today. Show the love that some people are not complete flakes.

Dreadnought
08-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Doh! Now you gone and done it....

Nothin' sez you can't answer the phone, right? :D

Chef Zambini
08-20-2013, 12:47 AM
bunch of tear jerkers. Thats all.

Im going to wear my Von jersey today. Show the love that some people are not complete flakes.
it will look great with your "free hernandez' hat.

Chef Zambini
08-20-2013, 01:11 AM
Miller is also facing further discipline following his recent arrest for failing to appear in court for an outstanding warrant

first name MO, middle name Ron.
6 weeks unsupervised... heaven help him and anyone in his path of self destruction.

powderaddict
08-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Miller is also facing further discipline following his recent arrest for failing to appear in court for an outstanding warrant

first name MO, middle name Ron.
6 weeks unsupervised... heaven help him and anyone in his path of self destruction.

I haven't seen anything about Miller facing discipline for his traffic warrant. Did you see that somewhere, or did you make it up?

ShaneFalco
08-20-2013, 06:49 PM
i dont even know what to say.

Davii
08-21-2013, 05:18 PM
i dont even know what to say.

Then why post?

I hope this "lesson" has been enough for Von and I HIGHLY doubt he gets in ANY trouble during his suspension. I worry he might pop on a test during the off-season or something along those lines, but he just sacrificed 6 games and over 2 million bucks... hopefully it was enough to learn a very expensive lesson.

I'll still cheer for him until I lose my voice when he returns to the lineup.