PDA

View Full Version : ‘Mile High’ Mike Alvarado To Defend Title In Front Of Hometown Fans

Denver Native (Carol)
08-13-2013, 10:00 PM
DENVER (AP/CBS4) — Russian boxer Ruslan Provodnikov had a handshake and a friendly pat on the head for his American opponent. Mike Alvarado presented his challenger a bright orange Denver Broncos jersey bearing the name of his hometown team’s quarterback, Peyton Manning.

Provodnikov and Alvarado appeared together at a news conference at Elway’s restaurant previewing their WBO junior welterweight title fight set for Oct. 19 at the 1stBANK Center in nearby Broomfield. The bout represents Alvarado’s first title defense.

“He’s coming to steal the show from me in my hometown. That being said alone just motivates me that much more,” Alvarado said.

rest - plus video showing Manning's jersey, Vic talking, and both fighters talking
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/08/13/mile-high-mike-alvarado-to-defend-title-in-front-of-hometown-fans/#.UgrqWhslNLI.twitter

olathebroncofan
08-14-2013, 12:05 AM
I thought it was going to be a rematch between him and the guy he took the belt from. That's what I want to see!