PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas focuses more on fitness than status at Broncos camp

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2013, 09:27 PM
"I ain't no superstar," the star said.

Humble and honest, hungry and homed in, Demaryius Thomas knows that superstars aren't Pro Bowl alternates, they're Pro Bowlers.

The Broncos receiver is a star, sure, after he hauled in 94 passes last season and finished fourth in the NFL with 1,434 receiving yards. And, this statistic pops off the page: He was second in the league with 18 receptions of 25 or more yards. But is he a superstar? Can you be a superstar if you're (arguably) the fifth-best player on your own team? Can you be a superstar if casual fans forget the Y in your first name? There's no doubting Thomas that he's trying to get the word "super" in his name, but he'll take "Super Bowl champ Demaryius Thomas" over "superstar."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_23846184/demaryius-thomas-focuses-more-fitness-than-status-at

SR
08-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Let us hope he keeps this attitude

Dzone
08-12-2013, 10:00 PM
awesome!

G_Money
08-13-2013, 02:27 PM
The reason I will always be fine with Ga. Tech receivers playing for that offense: any receiver willing to sacrifice himself in the blocking game that way and limit his receiving numbers can play for me any day. Can't have a lot of "throw me the ball" diva-hood when you didn't get the ball in college, but instead were laying blocks all over the field. Keep it up, "Y".

~G