PDA

View Full Version : Tavarres King seeing competition for role as Broncos' fifth receiver

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2013, 04:15 PM
• Highlight: During a 7-on-7 drill, in which the quarterback passes to receivers against seven men in coverage, Champ Bailey was so far in front of Demaryius Thomas while intercepting a pass from Peyton Manning, it almost seemed like the cornerback was the intended receiver.

"He ran the route for me," Thomas said. "He read it. He knows when you're covering the outside receiver the route is either going outside or inside. Champ's a lot like Peyton in that he can read what's going to happen."

• Lowlight: Rookie receiver Tavarres King, a fifth-round draft pick, brought out the alligator arms on a Brock Osweiler pass across the middle. There was some congestion in the area, but Osweiler threw it perfectly. When King whiffed, the pass was intercepted.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23845831/tavarres-king-seeing-competition-role-broncos-fifth-receiver

Dzone
08-12-2013, 06:51 PM
I think one of the knocks against King in college was dropped passes, iirc

Dapper Dan
08-12-2013, 06:55 PM
I think one of the knocks against King in college was dropped passes, iirc

And the fact that he went to Georgia. Ooooooh. Seriously doe. Is Knowshon the best player they've produced in this millennium?

EMB6903
08-12-2013, 07:06 PM
And the fact that he went to Georgia. Ooooooh. Seriously doe. Is Knowshon the best player they've produced in this millennium?

Charles Johnson, AJ green, Matthew stafford?

Dapper Dan
08-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Charles Johnson, AJ green, Matthew stafford?

True. I forgot all about AJ Green and Matt Stafford. Total lapse in memory. Johnson is also a good player, but I'm not sure how I forgot Green and Stafford. I kept thinking about players that were supposed to be good at UGA but didn't pan out in the NFL that well.

dogfish
08-12-2013, 07:15 PM

that geno atkins guy is kind of good. . .

Dapper Dan
08-12-2013, 07:19 PM

Yeah. But it's easy to look good on such a gay team. Bazinga.

EMB6903
08-12-2013, 07:41 PM

Wow. Smh @ me forgetting Atkins.

turftoad
08-12-2013, 10:17 PM

Um..... Mr Bronco fan. Terrell Davis played for Georgia.

Dapper Dan
08-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Um..... Mr Bronco fan. Terrell Davis played for Georgia.

Yeah. Champ Bailey too. But I was mainly talking about this millinneum. Mostly, the Mark Richt era.

turftoad
08-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah. Champ Bailey too. But I was mainly talking about this millinneum. Mostly, the Mark Richt era.

Gotcha... !

TXBRONC
08-13-2013, 06:24 AM
Yeah. But it's easy to look good on such a gay team. Bazinga.

I would rather have him than the fat and lazy Albert Haynesworth.

Dapper Dan
08-13-2013, 06:38 AM
I would rather have him than the fat and lazy Albert Haynesworth.

And I'd settle with a ham sandwich and tater chips over Albert Haynesworth. But you know what? My genius wife bought chicken and turkey. No ham. Wtf is wrong with her.

TXBRONC
08-13-2013, 06:52 AM
And I'd settle with a ham sandwich and tater chips over Albert Haynesworth. But you know what? My genius wife bought chicken and turkey. No ham. Wtf is wrong with her.

Why are asking me what's wrong with your wife I have enough problems with my own?

Dapper Dan
08-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Why are asking me what's wrong with your wife I have enough problems with my own?

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take it out on you.

TXBRONC
08-13-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take it out on you.

I understand sometimes you just got to vent.