PDA

View Full Version : BROCK, then and now

Chef Zambini
08-11-2013, 09:18 AM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/08/09/osweiler-shows-hes-learned-plenty-from-manning/
a nice article talking about the vast difference between brock the rookie, hidden from view and brock the understudy now ready to compete on the playing field.

topscribe
08-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Good to see you back, Zam.

Hope you continue to treat us with you culinary contributions. 3243

Northman
08-11-2013, 10:56 AM
I like this.

While it was pretty much accepted last year that all bets were off if Manning’s neck issues resurfaced or he otherwise got hurt, there’s no longer a foreboding sense that there would be a huge drop-off if Osweiler is pressed into duty.

Timmy!
08-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Guys, he's from northwest Montana, which by default makes him a badass. When its his time, he will rock it.

tomjonesrocks
08-11-2013, 01:27 PM
This part hurt to read:

"Broncos boss John Elway took a lot of heat for selecting Osweiler in the second round out of Arizona State last year rather than drafting, say, running back Doug Martin, who was snatched up by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and had a Pro Bowl season.

The Broncos sure could have used a bruising running back in the playoffs, when they couldn’t run out the clock and were upset by the Baltimore Ravens in double overtime...."

Ugh, don't remind me...

EMB6903
08-11-2013, 03:26 PM
I like this.

There would still be a HUGE drop off if manning gets hurt. Nothing against Brock but its Peyton manning were talking about.

EMB6903
08-11-2013, 03:28 PM
This part hurt to read:

"Broncos boss John Elway took a lot of heat for selecting Osweiler in the second round out of Arizona State last year rather than drafting, say, running back Doug Martin, who was snatched up by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and had a Pro Bowl season.

The Broncos sure could have used a bruising running back in the playoffs, when they couldn’t run out the clock and were upset by the Baltimore Ravens in double overtime...."

Ugh, don't remind me...

Doug Martin was a first round pick.

They should have compared the Wolfe selection when comparing to Martin.

I'm more than happy with Wolfe.

BroncoWave
08-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Doug Martin was a first round pick.

They should have compared the Wolfe selection when comparing to Martin.

I'm more than happy with Wolfe.

Yeah, the writer was way off base with that remark. Oz has nothing to do with if we could have gotten Martin or not. And given that we got Montee this year, I think we will be just fine at RB.

TXBRONC
08-11-2013, 04:11 PM
The foreboding came from the press not from Elway. I know there's the "we have no plan B" comment but back around the start of OTAs completely backed away from that comment. He said that he actually could manage even if Peyton had gone down with an injury.

TXBRONC
08-11-2013, 04:23 PM
This part hurt to read:

Ugh, don't remind me...

Ok TJR but given what was available at quarterback in this year's draft I'm prefectly happy with how Elway has handeled it. Martin was a great pick for the Bucaneers but you can find quality running fairly deep into most drafts. Heck you can even find good running backs as UDFAs. Quarterback is much a much harder position to fill.

BroncoWave
08-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Ok TJR but given what was available at quarterback in this year's draft I'm prefectly happy with how Elway has handeled it. Martin was a great pick for the Bucaneers but you can find quality running fairly deep into most drafts. Heck you can even find good running backs as UDFAs. Quarterback is much a much harder position to fill.

Yep. Running back might be the easiest skill position to fill. And as short as their shelf life is, I have no problem with Denver looking elsewhere in the first round. Unless you are for sure getting AP, I'd rather go elsewhere than RB in round 1.

Jsteve01
08-11-2013, 06:24 PM
I agree with all of this and I love muscle hamster. Just look at what we're seeing from Anderson in camp. Then look at a guy like Chris Ivory, or so Arian Foster. Wolfe was a very solid pick and again the OZ to martin comparison has zero validity in real life based on where they were picked.

Northman
08-11-2013, 07:01 PM
There would still be a HUGE drop off if manning gets hurt. Nothing against Brock but its Peyton manning were talking about.

That and its only Brock's second year. But then anyone on our squad right now would be behind the 8 ball if Manning went down. But it was encouraging to know that Brock is getting a grasp of what is going on out there and that is what i find important.

broncohead
08-11-2013, 07:14 PM
There would be a big drop off in production if manning went down but I believe we would still go to the playoffs with oz starting

TXBRONC
08-11-2013, 07:37 PM
True he's not on par with Manning but if Elway believes that team would be fine with Osweiler if Manning then who am I to say otherwise until we see what happens on the field.