PDA

View Full Version : New England has problems with all the Receivers turnover....Really?

Mr Bojangles
08-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Well, that performance put on by the Patriots on Friday night should probably dispel a lot of the foolish talk among rivals' fans across the League regarding the supposed demise of the Patriots vaunted offense. Sorry, folks, they won't skip a beat. Here in NE where we have witnessed the magic of Tom Brady and his ability to meld fringe players into a Championship level offense, we shrug off minor impediments like the loss of your entire starting WR group, and just bide time until training camp is over, knowing that by then, there will be a whole new group of future stars, running routes for the greatest QB who ever played the game. We remember 2006, when this man 3241 was Tommy's #1 go to guy, by default! Tho Tom was able to get enough out of this stiff to get to the POs, this is the same guy who cost NE the AFC Championship game and the SB that year.

Last night, they put up 31 points, with Brady only playing 2 series, both of which resulted in TDs, and the Denver Broncos-New York Jets world beater taking over for almost three quarters of play. 31 POINTS...utterly unthinkable only a week ago. Hey, come to think of it, isn't that the same number of points they laid on Denver's vaunted defense last season , before they lost all of their offensive weapons..?

The exciting part of that show was the running game NE uncorked and the great job of the new rookie receivers. Their new TE, Sudfelt, had the NE faithful murmuring "Gronk.....Gronk who?". Honest to God, you could hear it from the stands.

Even Bill Belichick was thrilled and ecstatic with his teams' performance, as we saw in post game presser where, barely able to stifle his glee, he said "We did some things right out there, tonight....but we have a lot of work to do....so hopefully we can improve every day....get a little better every day"....Extremely high praise from Belichick who has been know to be a bit restrained behind the podium, from time to time.

NightTerror218
08-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Lmao. 1 word for you...PRESEASON.

/thread

WTE
08-10-2013, 07:35 PM
This is a very dynamic group of new receivers and TE's for NE and each deserves a post to discuss their personal history and accomplishments.

I will start w/ Kenbrell Thompkins, a UFA from the University of Cincinnati. Kenbrell grew up in one of the poorest neighborhoods in Miami. By the time he was a senior in High School he had been arrested 7 times. Due to his record no major college wanted him although it was clear he had major talent.

He bounced from one junior college to the next, but he stayed out of trouble. Lane Kiffen recruited him at Tennessee but Lane screwed the school so Kenbrell left. Oklahoma recruited him but they dumped him when they found out about his arrests in high school. He eventually landed in Cincinnati and played their his junior and senior year, again incident free despite a tough upbringing.

Belichick signed him as a UFA and he has been stellar thus far in training camp. He has done everything asked of him. He has caught everything thrown to him. Yesterday in Philly he caught 4 passes in one single drive.

He will make this team. You have never heard his name before but you will hear it plenty times in the future. Kenbrell Thompkins. A future star.

Mr Bojangles
08-10-2013, 07:51 PM
This is a very dynamic group of new receivers and TE's for NE and each deserves a post to discuss their personal history and accomplishments.

I will start w/ Kenbrell Thompkins, a UFA from the University of Cincinnati. Kenbrell grew up in one of the poorest neighborhoods in Miami. By the time he was a senior in High School he had been arrested 7 times. Due to his record no major college wanted him although it was clear he had major talent.

He bounced from one junior college to the next, but he stayed out of trouble. Lane Kiffen recruited him at Tennessee but Lane screwed the school so Kenbrell left. Oklahoma recruited him but they dumped him when they found out about his arrests in high school. He eventually landed in Cincinnati and played their his junior and senior year, again incident free despite a tough upbringing.

Belichick signed him as a UFA and he has been stellar thus far in training camp. He has done everything asked of him. He has caught everything thrown to him. Yesterday in Philly he caught 4 passes in one single drive.

He will make this team. You have never heard his name before but you will hear it plenty times in the future. Kenbrell Thompkins. A future star.

WTE, in your opinion, just how fortunate are we, as NE fans, to first have an owner so gifted with vision that he risked his franchise in order to bring in a coach of Beli's stature, who, in turn, is then able to reload his team, year in, year out, with players to be molded under the guidance of his greatest genius move, Tom Brady? Thompkins, I agree with your insight, will prove to be another outstanding decision by the Wizard of Foxboro....but just how fortunate are we to bear witness to all this history in the making?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2013, 07:58 PM
You guys are so full of crap!

It's actually quite entertaining to read through this.

:laugh:

Northman
08-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Preseason champs, crown em.

SR
08-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Remember what happened with the last TE NE grabbed that had character concerns? In case you forgot, he killed people.

WTE
08-10-2013, 08:24 PM
WTE, in your opinion, just how fortunate are we, as NE fans, to first have an owner so gifted with vision that he risked his franchise in order to then bring in a coach of Beli's stature, who, in turn, is able to reload is team, year in, year out, with players to be molded under the guidance of his greatest genius move, Tom Brady? Thompkins, I agree with your insight, will prove to be another outstanding decision by the Wizard of Foxboro....but just how fortunate are we to bear witness to all this history in the making?

We are very fortunate Bo. Let's compare how great an owner we have to a randomly selected owner of an NFL franchise. Allow me to randomly select.....:confused: Ummmm I don't know....:confused: OK! I got it! Pat Bowlen!

Pat Bowlen had a very good coach in Mike Shanahan. But Shanny became less concerned about his Broncos and more concerned with building his $30 million dollar mansion in Colorado. Soon Shanny's football team began to flounder and Bowlen had to fire him.

Bowlen tried to replicate Patriots magic and he hired a very inexperienced and young Josh McDaniels. Bowlen was so dumb he gave the inexperienced and young coach total control of his billion dollar franchise.

When that experiment failed Bowlen hired the drunkard John Elway to run his franchise. John hired his drunkard friends to Executive positions. The drunkard trio decided to hire John Fox to be the next HC. John Fox had never beaten Bill Belichick. John Fox had never accomplished anything. John Fox had never proved to do anything creative or innovative in his entire coaching career.

Shortly after John Fox' hire John Elway had to suspend his top executives b/c they proved to be a couple of drunks.

Mr Bojangles
08-10-2013, 08:37 PM
We are very fortunate Bo. Let's compare how great an owner we have to a randomly selected owner of an NFL franchise. Allow me to randomly select.....:confused: Ummmm I don't know....:confused: OK! I got it! Pat Bowlen!

Pat Bowlen had a very good coach in Mike Shanahan. But Shanny became less concerned about his Broncos and more concerned with building his $30 million dollar mansion in Colorado. Soon Shanny's football team began to flounder and Bowlen had to fire him.

Bowlen tried to replicate Patriots magic and he hired a very inexperienced and young Josh McDaniels. Bowlen was so dumb he gave the inexperienced and young coach total control of his billion dollar franchise.

When that experiment failed Bowlen hired the drunkard John Elway to run his franchise. John hired his drunkard friends to Executive positions. The drunkard trio decided to hire John Fox to be the next HC. John Fox had never beaten Bill Belichick. John Fox had never accomplished anything. John Fox had never proved to do anything creative or innovative in his entire coaching career.

Shortly after John Fox' hire John Elway had to suspend his top executives b/c they proved to be a couple of drunks.

Yeah, I scratched my head over the Fox hiring and wondered what they were thinking out there in Denver. I mean, he seems to be a great guy to have a beer or two with, but what did those team executives see in him?

chazoe60
08-10-2013, 08:42 PM
So, let me get this straight- Bronco fans are supposed to temper their expectations and come to the realization that our DBs suck and not one of them is in the top 50 DBs in the NFL, but Pats fans have all the reason in the world to believe thattheir WR corp is too notch?

Wow! Insanity is a word that comes to mind, stupidity is another.

WTE
08-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I scratched my head over the Fox hiring and wondered what they were thinking out there in Denver. I mean, he seems to be a great guy to have a beer or two with, but what did those team executives see in him?

Well, I think you answered your own question. It appears the drunken Broncos Executive Trio viewed John Fox as a terrific drinking buddy!

Mr Bojangles
08-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Well, I think you answered your own question. It appears the drunken Broncos Executive Trio viewed John Fox as a terrific drinking buddy!

Yes, I did, didn't I. ;)

Mr Bojangles
08-10-2013, 08:56 PM
So, let me get this straight- Bronco fans are supposed to temper their expectations and come to the realization that our DBs suck and not one of them is in the top 50 DBs in the NFL, but Pats fans have all the reason in the world to believe thattheir WR corp is too notch?

Wow! Insanity is a word that comes to mind, stupidity is another.

Hey, everyone....Chazeo is starting to catch on! An epiphany!

WTE
08-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Hey, everyone....Chazeo is starting to catch on! An epiphany!

Bo, did you know that Chazoe moved his master bedroom to his basement? That's right, Chazoe made his wife bunk right next to his poker table!

chazoe60
08-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Bo, did you know that Chazoe moved his master bedroom to his basement? That's right, Chazoe made his wife bunk right next to his poker table!

That's right. I am not a man to be trifled with.

broncohead
08-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Preseason success = Championship!!!!

Mr Bojangles
08-11-2013, 07:39 AM
That's right. I am not a man to be trifled with.

You have a poker table in your home!

That seals it for me, Chaz. Elk hunting and Holdem in Colorado, this Fall or next. What could be better...hunt all day, and then win some coin off you to pay for the whole trip each evening!

Does your wife cook, or should we plan on eating out? Also, should we bring flyrods and waders?

chazoe60
08-11-2013, 11:32 AM
You have a poker table in your home!

That seals it for me, Chaz. Elk hunting and Holdem in Colorado, this Fall or next. What could be better...hunt all day, and then win some coin to pay for the trip each evening!

Does your wife cook, or should we plan on eating out? Also, should we bring flyrods and waders?

I do most of the cooking actually. And believe it or not I don't fly fish. I think I have this romanticized idea of just saving that for my retirement hobby.

SR
08-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I do most of the cooking actually. And believe it or not I don't fly fish. I think I have this romanticized idea of just saving that for my retirement hobby.

Fly fishing never really appealed to me, even after moving here. I'm a bass guy.

Timmy!
08-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Fly fishing never really appealed to me, even after moving here. I'm a bass guy.

Fly fishing is a pain in the ass. I just don't get it......and I live where "a river runs through it" is set.

TXBRONC
08-12-2013, 08:44 AM
You guys are so full of crap!

It's actually quite entertaining to read through this.

:laugh:

It belongs in the comics section of the Sunday paper.

PatriotsGuy
08-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Their new TE, Sudfelt, had the NE faithful murmuring "Gronk.....Gronk who?". Honest to God, you could hear it from the stands.

You could hear it from the stands in Philly? hmmm Oh and his name is "Sudfeld"

WTE
08-12-2013, 08:49 AM

I think Bo was at TC in NE Pags. Stop being an ass.

Mr Bojangles
08-12-2013, 08:55 AM

:rolleyes: Oh, Geez. :rolleyes:

PatriotsGuy
08-12-2013, 09:06 AM
oh, rhetoric

PatriotsGuy
08-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I think Bo was at TC in NE Pags. Stop being an ass.

Are you seriously calling me an ass? Have you read any of your posts?

chazoe60
08-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Pats fan on Pats fan violence. I love it.

BroncoWave
08-12-2013, 10:33 AM
:popcorn:

Mr Bojangles
08-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Pats fan on Pats fan violence. I love it.

You seem to enjoy any form of violence.

chazoe60
08-12-2013, 10:34 AM
You seem to enjoy any form of violence.

What can I say?

Mr Bojangles
08-12-2013, 10:47 AM
What can I say?

Anything you want, Chaz. I don't try to tell you where you can post or what you can say. ;)

BroncoWave
08-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Ok, this is ghey. Back to the pat fan infighting.