PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Ryan Clady back at left tackle in practice

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Now this is rich.

For the first time since the playoff loss to Baltimore on Jan. 12 Ryan Clady lined up at left tackle with the Broncos' No. 1 offense during an 11 on 11 practice period Saturday. Clady was out there even though he was wearing sweat pants and everybody else was out there in full pads.

"I had shoulder pads on though," he said. "It was all right. I was just adjusting.'

Clady only took two reps in one series and two more in another.

Still, he was back long enough to diminish concerns about the Broncos' offensive line.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23836253/broncos-ryan-clady-back-at-left-tackle-practice

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold

Good day for #Broncos O-line, Clady back into practice and Kuper did plenty of work off to the side today.

broncohead
08-10-2013, 04:34 PM
When is kuper supposed to be back? And where does he fit when he does come back?

dogfish
08-10-2013, 05:02 PM
"Thank God!"

- Sincerely, Peyton Manning, Zane Beadles, and all Denver Broncos fans

Jsteve01
08-10-2013, 05:05 PM
now let's just ease him in slowly.

LTC Pain
08-10-2013, 05:28 PM
When is kuper supposed to be back? And where does he fit when he does come back?

Center, FB or TE??? I don't see how he replaces Clady, Beadles, Vasquez or Franklin.

broncohead
08-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Center, FB or TE??? I don't see how he replaces Clady, Beadles, Vasquez or Franklin.

Me either

TXBRONC
08-10-2013, 07:05 PM

If Kuper is healthy I think he's better than Vasquez.

NightTerror218
08-10-2013, 07:12 PM
He is a solid depth OL for once

CrazyHorse
08-11-2013, 12:47 AM
I'd like to see Kuper at center. Either that or Ryan Lilja there. The thought of Manny Ramirez starting at that position is a bit worrisome.

Bugs Baloney
08-11-2013, 01:23 AM
This is great news! I'm thinking he should hike the ball to PFM and slide back into his left tackle position.
It would most likely be more productive upfront....:listen:

DenBronx
08-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Kupers great but he has had the injury bug for awhile now. It's never a bad thing when you have depth like that.

Center is probably the most worrisome position at the moment. Can we sway Tom Nalen back out of retirement???

G_Money
08-11-2013, 01:56 AM
Kuper has volunteered at center. He knows Vasquez is in the starting RG spot. He also saw Manny Ramirez try to replace him last year and fail miserably, and probably figures that short of losing both hands in a freak wheat thresher incident that he should be able to beat Manny at center too.

I have to tell you, if Kupe can play ANY kind of reasonable center and isn't walking around on a peg leg with a parrot on his shoulder, we should be in decent shape come October. Just gotta get there.

~G

Dapper Dan
08-11-2013, 02:14 AM
I'm interested to see the line once they are all playing together.

dogfish
08-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Kuper has volunteered at center. He knows Vasquez is in the starting RG spot. He also saw Manny Ramirez try to replace him last year and fail miserably, and probably figures that short of losing both hands in a freak wheat thresher incident that he should be able to beat Manny at center too.

I have to tell you, if Kupe can play ANY kind of reasonable center and isn't walking around on a peg leg with a parrot on his shoulder, we should be in decent shape come October. Just gotta get there.

~G

fug it, man. . . late november, or mid-december, if it comes to it. . . peyton's gotten by with worse stiffs than manny on the OL, and he's wiser now than he was then. . . NOT saying it's ideal, of course-- the run game is what will suffer most with ramirez starting, though, IMO. . . but if our QB and receiving corps remain relatively healthy, the run game will be a counter-punch at best anyway. . .

ultimately, this team will be judged by what it does in the playoffs (and laughed at if it happens to miss them, but that doesn't happen if peyton plays). . . once vasquez gets established, kupe's played with all the rest of the guys before-- with gibbs and magazu, i think they could put it together on the fly pretty well if they had to. . . kupe's made line calls before, and was actually the backup long snapper early in his career-- i honestly think under-center snaps would be the only big adjustment for him, but he's vet enough to get it done. . . and he certainly has the smarts, toughness and leadership that you want out of your center. . .

all that said, i wouldn't rush him back unless manny AND lilja totally fail. . .

now, if we could trot out a healthy kupe with the rest of the line in october, or early november. . . yea. . . best line manning's ever had in front of him, as long as luis can actually block. . . beast mooode!

:defense:

Traveler
08-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Question?

If the team does keep Kuper. If Lilja does replace Ramirez. Then, the weakest link on the line becomes....? Beadles, especially in the passing game.

Might Kuper replace Beadles?

Dapper Dan
08-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Question?

If the team does keep Kuper. If Lilja does replace Ramirez. Then, the weakest link on the line becomes....? Beadles, especially in the passing game.

In my opinion, I don't see Kuper replacing anyone.

Traveler
08-11-2013, 08:00 AM
In my opinion, I don't see Kuper replacing anyone.

Because of his injuries?

Dapper Dan
08-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Because of his injuries?

Yeah. He's still healing as we speak. I'm not even sure he can be 100% again. He's on the wrong side of 30. Beadles will keep improving.

I wonder about Kuper's contract though. I'm not sure how much is guaranteed, but if he stays he'll get roughly $15 million over the next 3 seasons. He has to start somewhere, fix the contract, or get cut. That's a lot of money for a backup RG.

I think it's awesome he's willing to play C. He seems like the kind of player every coach wants. It's a shame that he's banged up. Maybe we can send him yo Peyton's doctor. He seems to be a magician.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-11-2013, 04:47 PM

Its not too hard for me to see him taking Beadles spot or OC. He's just as good at pulling as Beadles and he's stronger at the point of attack.

G_Money
08-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Beadles should be the best backup on this team for us to have the line I want to have. If Kuper can get healthy, then he's better than Beadles. I also think he can play center better than ManRam. If he can't get healthy then he'll get cut. Walton and Beadles as mid-season backups would be a pretty perfect situation for us. We'd be vulnerable at tackle, but there's nothing we can do about that at the moment. Just tell Clady and Franklin to stay healthy.

If one of Lilja and Kuper can get in the starting lineup, though, we should be all right. Manny Ramirez next to Beadles is gonna make me cry on third and short, so let's not have that if we can help it.

~G

tubby
08-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Question?

I have a feeling that C is the weakest link all year and Kuper's career may be over.

G_Money
08-11-2013, 06:50 PM
There are some decent center prospects in this draft. Not crazy good from day one, but guys I like better than what we've got now. Just need Lilja and Kupe and even Walton to get us through, with as little ManRam as we can manage as a starter.

If Manny is out there a lot, well... run behind the right side, do a lot out of the shotgun, and let Manning make things happen.

~G

DenBronx
08-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Whens the last time Kuper even played a full season?

MOtorboat
08-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Whens the last time Kuper even played a full season?

One season ago. Up until this injury, he'd only missed two games in the last five seasons.

dogfish
08-12-2013, 07:31 PM
One season ago. Up until this injury, he'd only missed two games in the last five seasons.

fragile. . . :coffee:

Dapper Dan
08-12-2013, 07:45 PM
My biggest concern with Kuper is his weight. He's never had an injury problem, but he's had a tough injury that could easily re-aggravate itself with that much weight on it. I think it's a different story when you're talking about guys that have a lot less weight coming down on the injured body part. Of course, I'm no doctor.