PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp - 8-10

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Broncos' Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie returns to practice; Wes Welker held out

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23835774/broncos-dominique-rodgers-cromartie-returns-practice-wes-welker

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie not participating in 11-on-11 team portion. And with Tony Carter out, Omar Bolden in on nickel playing RC.

Wes welker not practicing

Dominique rodgers-cromartie in full pads

Peyton Manning on emerging TE Julius Thomas: http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/1368b604-433d-4264-a735-18f5bc8ef2c4/?source=twitter …

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Broncos' Ryan Clady back at left tackle in practice. Plan is to play in third preseason game. - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23836253/broncos-ryan-clady-back-at-left-tackle-practice …

Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio on who stood out in preseason opener vs. 49ers: "I thought http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/67290ca4-654e-4503-b0e7-21503165f703/?source=twitter …

Pistol is pretty much irrelevant if QB doesn't run. Adds some deception, maybe. Helps shorten snap for Manny Ramirez, a guard by trade.

According to O-coordinator Adam Gase,Broncos ran pistol 51 times in previous 2 years: Once in playoff vs. Balt; 50 with Tim Tebow in 2011.

DenBronx
08-10-2013, 02:20 PM
What was the reason for not letting Welker practice? Article said he came on the field without a uniform??? He wasnt listed on the injury report and it was a club decision. Sounds rather odd.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2013, 04:22 PM
What was the reason for not letting Welker practice? Article said he came on the field without a uniform??? He wasnt listed on the injury report and it was a club decision. Sounds rather odd.

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 4h

“@capulinflicker: Welker sighting, but he's in shorts and a T-shirt. What's going on here??? @MikeKlis @AdamSchefter”yep he's dinged up

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Photos: Denver Broncos Training Camp on Saturday, August 10, 2013

http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/08/10/denver-broncos-training-camp-dove-valley/#1

Spiritguy
08-10-2013, 08:30 PM
2013 BRONCOS TRAINING CAMP-THE KAPTAIN’S LOG DAY 11

It’s a nice sunny Saturday morning at Dove Valley. This is Day 11 of 15 Training Camp practices for the Denver Broncos. I’m sitting at the 48 yard line for this session. Thursday’s star, Safety Duke Ihenacho is the first player to emerge from the locker room and he is in Full Pads. For the next 5 minutes, the remainder of the team makes their way out onto the field a few at a time before theHORN signals the start of practice.

The Special Teams work on Punt protection against the Red Hats as Trindon Holliday, Omar Bolden and Eric Decker shag punts launched from the JUG’s machine. I notice Wes Welker (coaches decision) is in shorts, along with Jacob Tamme, a limping Jeremiah Johnson, Quinton Carter, Tony Carter and Greg Orton. I can see that Orlando Franklin and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie have returned. Ryan Clady is wearing shoulder pads, but is still in sweats. HORN.

http://broncoplanet.com/forum/2013-broncos-training-camp-the-kaptains-log-day-11/

silkamilkamonico
08-10-2013, 11:27 PM
so we're making a big change to our offensive makeup to make it easier for our center? really dont like the pistol

Simple Jaded
08-11-2013, 12:23 AM
The pistol is ******* pointless.

Dapper Dan
08-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Why exactly does everyone hate the pistol?

broncohead
08-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Why exactly does everyone hate the pistol?

Personally I don't think we have the QB to run it properly

Dapper Dan
08-11-2013, 01:31 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/08/10/pistol-peyton-manning-denver-broncos-tim-tebow-49ers/2639485/

"Don't confuse the pistol with having to have a mobile quarterback," Broncos coach John Fox told USA TODAY Sports after practice on Saturday.

"This is time for us to experiment. Time for us to expand," offensive coordinator Adam Gase told USA TODAY Sports. "If we see something that we like, we'll investigate. We'll try it in practice."

Gase, the Broncos' first-year offensive coordinator, knew that having Manning in the pistol generated some buzz after the preseason opener but said it wasn't worth "over analyzing at this point."

"You've got to think outside the box sometimes. I'll give you that," Gase said.

The Broncos understand that when they line up in the pistol formation now, they aren't fooling any defenses that Manning might be a threat to run. But they are hoping that adding this formation could help improve their running game with young tailbacks Hillman (a third-round pick in 2012 who, at 21, remains the youngest player on the roster) and second-round pick rookie Montee Ball. Former first-round pick Moreno will also be part of the rotation.

Simple Jaded
08-11-2013, 09:15 AM
You wanna improve your running game then put your QB under C.

Dapper Dan
08-11-2013, 10:44 AM
You wanna improve your running game then put your QB under C.

Write a letter to the staff. They may not know that. Or maybe Peyton can't play QB under center.

Simple Jaded
08-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Write a letter to the staff. They may not know that. Or maybe Peyton can't play QB under center.

Ahh, the old tried and true "maybe you should send the Broncos a resume because I don't agree with you" response. Nani, nani, boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

gregbroncs
08-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I like the pistol offense in a limited role. It's sort of half way between being in shot gun and under center. Give the QB a better vision of the field (like shotgun) while also giving the RB a running start before getting the ball (like under C).

Dapper Dan
08-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Ahh, the old tried and true "maybe you should send the Broncos a resume because I don't agree with you" response. Nani, nani, boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

Sure. If that's the way you want to read it. But my point was that I just posted an article talking about the Broncos using the pistol hoping to help Ball and Hillman. So, they're using the pistol to help the running game. It didn't have anything to do with me disagreeing with you.

Simple Jaded
08-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Sure. If that's the way you want to read it. But my point was that I just posted an article talking about the Broncos using the pistol hoping to help Ball and Hillman. So, they're using the pistol to help the running game. It didn't have anything to do with me disagreeing with you.
You didn't post it to agree. It doesn't help the running game, it helps the shotgun, however minimal it is, and it helps running the QB. Case in point; teams don't got FROM under center TO the pistol to help their running game.

They go to the pistol because they have a hardon for the shotgun and don't wanna give it up.

powderaddict
08-12-2013, 09:46 AM
I took this pic on Saturday, Clady vs Holliday. That is one big dude, and one tiny dude :lol:

Dapper Dan
08-12-2013, 04:29 PM
I took this pic on Saturday, Clady vs Holliday. That is one big dude, and one tiny dude :lol:

Lol. I remember a couple years ago I had a pic of Eddie Royal around the OL, including Clady. But adding Holliday is a while 'nother story.

MOtorboat
08-12-2013, 07:34 PM
You didn't post it to agree. It doesn't help the running game, it helps the shotgun, however minimal it is, and it helps running the QB. Case in point; teams don't got FROM under center TO the pistol to help their running game.

They go to the pistol because they have a hardon for the shotgun and don't wanna give it up.

All of your tripe about the pistol and shotgun offenses is all nearly patently false.

The inventor of the pistol, Nevada's head coach, designed it to help the running game, and then led the country in rushing.

Simple Jaded
08-12-2013, 10:04 PM
All of your tripe about the pistol and shotgun offenses is all nearly patently false.

The inventor of the pistol, Nevada's head coach, designed it to help the running game, and then led the country in rushing.
Bullshit. It may help the QB running game, debatable, but to argue that it makes running the ball easier than under C is patently stupid. And according to Lammey the pistol was developed by some dudes named Michael Taylor and Tom Kaczkowski.

MOtorboat
08-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Bullshit. It may help the QB running game, debatable, but to argue that it makes running the ball easier than under C is patently stupid. And according to Lammey the pistol was developed by some dudes named Michael Taylor and Tom Kaczkowski.

I don't know who they are, but Chris Ault, the coach at Nevada implemented it in 2005 to improve his running game, and in 2010 (I think) led the NCAA in rushing with 350 yards per game.

It's not patently stupid to think a different formation can help running the football. What's patently stupid is not at least educating yourself about it before condemning it.

You might check on your lawn. There might be some kids on it.

Simple Jaded
08-12-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't know who they are, but Chris Ault, the coach at Nevada implemented it in 2005 to improve his running game, and in 2010 (I think) led the NCAA in rushing with 350 yards per game.

It's not patently stupid to think a different formation can help running the football. What's patently stupid is not at least educating yourself about it before condemning it.

You might check on your lawn. There might be some kids on it.

I read as much about football as you, I just don't take cherry picked college records as gospel.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to watch The Late Show before me and the misses turn in for the night. Got a big day of breakfast, bingo and brunch tomorrow. And if I have time I have to take the Oldsmobile in to find out why my turn signal is always on.