PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking for in tonight's game?

powderaddict
08-08-2013, 10:56 AM
I like preseason football. Ultimately though, I don't care who wins. Not even a little bit. They can go 0-4 being outscored 50 a game. Don’t care. That’s not to say I don’t care about the game – I just don’t care about the outcome of televised practices.

That said, there is still a lot to look for, and a lot to enjoy.

So, here's a few of the things I'm looking for tonight:

1. No major injuries - If no major injuries occur, then I consider the game a smashing success. This is the ONLY thing to me that truly matters out of every preseason game.

2. I wanna BROCK – I want to see how much Os has progressed. He’s still very much an unknown. Should be fun to watch him.

3. Let’s have a Ball – He’s a rookie, so I’m not expecting anything huge. I just want to see him play.

4. Miller time – I love watching Von. He’s probably my favorite player in the NFL right now.

This is a chance to work out the kinks in the football parties. Is the Queso recipe dialed in? How long on each side for the brats, burgers, and chicken? Are there enough drinks to last the entire game? Remember kids, the preseason isn’t just for the pros to get dialed in – it’s for us too!

GO BRONCOS!!

FanInAZ
08-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I like preseason football. Ultimately though, I don't care who wins. Not even a little bit. They can go 0-4 being outscored 50 a game. Don’t care. That’s not to say I don’t care about the game – I just don’t care about the outcome of televised practices.

That said, there is still a lot to look for, and a lot to enjoy.

So, here's a few of the things I'm looking for tonight:

1. No major injuries - If no major injuries occur, then I consider the game a smashing success. This is the ONLY thing to me that truly matters out of every preseason game.

2. I wanna BROCK – I want to see how much Os has progressed. He’s still very much an unknown. Should be fun to watch him.

3. Let’s have a Ball – He’s a rookie, so I’m not expecting anything huge. I just want to see him play.

4. Miller time – I love watching Von. He’s probably my favorite player in the NFL right now.

This is a chance to work out the kinks in the football parties. Is the Queso recipe dialed in? How long on each side for the brats, burgers, and chicken? Are there enough drinks to last the entire game? Remember kids, the preseason isn’t just for the pros to get dialed in – it’s for us too!

GO BRONCOS!!

That's pretty much sums up what I'll be looking for as well. The only thing I'd add to the list is how well our Doomless D does in generating a pass rush & stopping the run.

Dapper Dan
08-08-2013, 11:02 AM
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. There's a few other things to look out for.

Personnel changes from last year in general. We saw the team last year. Since we've made some changes, we don't really know how the team will look. RB has changed...DT...MLB...Safety. The OL is currently very different. TE will be different for now also. Doom's spot will be different. We added Welker.

BroncoJoe
08-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Only addition is to see how our defense will handle a pretty good offense.

artie_dale
08-08-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm mostly looking forward to seeing how Brock does. Powderaddict summed the rest up just fine.

camdisco24
08-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Pretty much everything you said. In addition to the Brock point, I want to see if he can truly take over for Manning, in case of an injury, and "sustain" success. Can he fill and keep things rolling? That's all I really want to know about him right now.

Mike
08-08-2013, 11:27 AM
I want to see:

- No injuries
- How players are coming along. In particular,
Brock
O-line
Ball and Hillman
Irving
Ayers

BroncoWave
08-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I would say "no injuries" is more important than everything else listed in this thread combined. I would rather Brock look like shit than anyone get hurt.

Dzone
08-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Brock for sure. Julius Thomas, since he has rarely played in 3 years and people are saying he is a beast. Def Hillman and Ball
Sly Williams, Phillips, Nacho and the rest of the D

underrated29
08-08-2013, 11:56 AM
I am going to watch these guys very very closely.

All Rbs- I really want to see if hillman looks as good as I saw him look in camp. (note I am a ball fan, not not a hillman fan, but i like ball) Montee- he is the guy I really like and will watch him closely to see how he runs. I was not too terribly impressed in camp, but I think he has what I want to see, plus, I believe, imo that everyone severely underrates our defense- specifically our DL. I think it is TOP NOTCH!

Sly- He made enough plays in two days of camp for me to put him in my prediction thread (I will get this one right). I want to see him bring pressure down the middle and collapse the pocket. We have lacked that for years and I think he is our new Keith Traylor!

Both Safties- Rahim and Nacho. I want to see if Rahim has really gotten better like I figured he would and how the Duke does against starters from a different team.

Center/G- Because of the line mix ups its kinda all over, but I want to see Lilja and Vasquez or whoever at C...I presume once 100% the OL will be, clady, beadles, Lilja, Vasq, goofey eyes. I want to see how the interior will hold up.

DEs- Malik, Shaun P, Ayers, Quan,- I want to see if these guys can do other moves aside from bull rush and how well they can supply pressure.

OJ- I liked what I saw in camp, he just might be legit. If he can hang with the big boys I will being eying him for Fantasy purposes.

Im not worried about our QBs, WR, or TEs. I think out DTs and LBs and CBs are all fine too.

MOtorboat
08-08-2013, 12:05 PM
I just want to see Osweiler and Ball on the field. Honestly, I don't care how good or bad they play.

mopatt24
08-08-2013, 12:15 PM
No injuries ( of course )
The return of the ZBS and its effectiveness
Julius Thomas - Just want to see what the guy can do while healthy
Nacho - Since he's been working with the 1's, would like to see if and how he can compliment Moore
Irving - I havent heard too much on Nate, so I'll be paying alot of attention on the MLB spot
Starting offensive pace - To sum it up, Wes Welker

CrazyHorse
08-08-2013, 12:52 PM
The offensive line and pass rush even if it isn't the starters. San Fran is a pretty deep team so we can see how we match up against one of the best teams in the league in terms of depth.

BroncoWave
08-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm probably most interested in seeing Julius as far as players are concerned. Is the camp hype real? One thing this offense is missing is a lethal TE like a Graham, Gronk, Gonzalez, or Gates (did anyone ever notice all the elite TEs have a G last name?). If Thomas could be even 70-80% of those guys, that would be huge for us.

TXBRONC
08-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I agree with what has been said about the players that have been mentioned so far but there are a couple of other players that I'm interested in seeing namely Sly Williams and Tavarres King. Oh I don't think he's been mentioned specifically but I'm also looking forward to seeing what M. Ball can do. Finally to a lesser extent I'm interested to see Dyster on the field. I don't expect him to get to many snaps but I'm interested nonetheless.

broncofaninfla
08-08-2013, 01:23 PM
No injuries, how the OL plays, who steps up and or stands out at MLB, C, S, RB and WR. Also looking forward to watching Sly play. Most importantly though, no injuries.

turftoad
08-08-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm probably most interested in seeing Julius as far as players are concerned. Is the camp hype real? One thing this offense is missing is a lethal TE like a Graham, Gronk, Gonzalez, or Gates (did anyone ever notice all the elite TEs have a G last name?). If Thomas could be even 70-80% of those guys, that would be huge for us.

I agree. There are only so many of those guys.

artie_dale
08-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I want to see if Brock can be and stay poised and I want to see his velocity and accuracy. Heard he worked on his "touch" during deep passes.

UnderArmour
08-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I agree with what has been said about the players that have been mentioned so far but there are a couple of other players that I'm interested in seeing namely Sly Williams and Tavarres King. Oh I don't think he's been mentioned specifically but I'm also looking forward to seeing what M. Ball can do. Finally to a lesser extent I'm interested to see Dyster on the field. I don't expect him to get to many snaps but I'm interested nonetheless.

I can't wait to see Tavarres King either. If the guy plays up to the hype he's been getting in training camp, he could very well keep the front office from re-signing Decker next offseason. And I'm not just interested in Sly, I'm interested in the D-Line as a whole. We lost Elvis to a fax machine and revamped the interior so it's going to be interesting to see how we adjust. It will be interesting to watch the backups both on the line and at cornerback.

We still have three or four starting jobs up for grabs. One being at safety opposite Rahim Moore, one being at MLB, Center once Lilja is up to speed, and DT if Sylvester proves himself too good to keep off the field.

WTE
08-08-2013, 02:07 PM
The NFL network is going to have Live Look-ins on all six games tonight. Should be a fun night.

BroncoJoe
08-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Who all is playing?

Dapper Dan
08-08-2013, 02:57 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nfl+preseason+schedule&l=1

BroncoJoe
08-08-2013, 03:01 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nfl+preseason+schedule&l=1

Thanks, db. I didn't realize that many teams were playing.

BroncoNut
08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
no injuries, that's for sure.

LTC Pain
08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
On top of what everyojne else is saying, I want Nate Irving to show why he should be the Broncos MLB. I'm fine with "solid but not spectacular" but he needs to grow from that.

Dapper Dan
08-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks, db. I didn't realize that many teams were playing.

I usually don't pay much attention to other teams in the preseason.

BroncoWave
08-08-2013, 03:11 PM
On top of what everyojne else is saying, I want Nate Irving to show why he should be the Broncos MLB. I'm fine with "solid but not spectacular" but he needs to grow from that.

Eh, I'm fine with solid but not spectacular in general. Every team in the league, even the best ones, will have starters who are solid but not spectacular. It's impossible to have a team with 22 spectacular starters. Given the talent around him, I would be just fine with him only being solid.

Italianmobstr7
08-08-2013, 03:37 PM
No injuries.
Duke Ihenacho
All the RB's
Brock
Young CB's like Bolden & Webster
NO INJURIES

On there twice because that's the most important haha.

Joel
08-08-2013, 09:55 PM
An offensive lineman worthy of the name. So far I've yet to see one on either team; definitely preseason.

Simple Jaded
08-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Dmac thinks that anybody who is worried about injuries is an idiot.

Jsteve01
08-09-2013, 07:29 AM
Dmac thinks that anybody who is worried about injuries is an idiot. pot meet kettle

Simple Jaded
08-09-2013, 11:49 PM
pot meet kettle

You can say that again.

TXBRONC
08-10-2013, 07:45 AM
pot meet kettle

You can say that again.

Pot meet kettle. :D

Jsteve01
08-10-2013, 09:18 AM
pot meet kettle