PDA

View Full Version : Training camp day 11 by Cecil Lammey

DenBronx
08-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Love this dudes reports, he is one of the best.

Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas looks on against the Baltimore Ravens during the AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Jan. 12. (Photo by Dustin Bradford/Getty Images)

ESPN Denver

It’s that time of year again as the Denver Broncos have kicked off their training camp at Dove Valley. This is always my favorite time of year as we get to see the Broncos go through practice every day. I’ve watched this team in rookie minicamp, OTAs, and minicamp this offseason but none of that matches training camp. The Broncos have several position battles that will shake out over the next month. Training camp (plus the preseason) is where those battles are won.

Play Of The Day: RB Ronnie Hillman trucking over SS Duke Ihenacho at the goal line for a TD.

Runner Up: WR Demaryius Thomas beat CB Omar Bolden to the back of the end zone for a TD.

Quarterback

No. 18 Peyton Manning: Consistent excellence is the name of the game with Manning. Every day he’s on point and distributing passes all over the field. He was extra precise on Tuesday, going 5-of-5 in early passing drills. Later in practice he kept going after (and abusing) CB Omar Bolden who was locked in coverage against WR Demaryius Thomas. After practice Manning talked about his top two TEs. “Well, Virgil and Julius have gotten great work this training camp. Unfortunately, we’ve had some injuries with [TE] Joel [Dreessen] and [TE] Jacob [Tamme] and we feel that both of those guys are going to be fine, but the result of that has been Virgil and Julius getting a lot of work in there with the first group and a lot of different situations. You’ve seen Julius split out wide some; you’ve seen him make some good catches at the tight end. Julius just hadn’t played a lot football in the past couple of years due to some injuries. So it’s a great situation for him. And Virgil is one of our strongest guys on the team, yet he’s made a lot of plays in the passing game. So it’s been a really good camp for both of those guys.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://denverssportsstation.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=8021

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Love this dudes reports, he is one of the best.

Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas looks on against the Baltimore Ravens during the AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Jan. 12. (Photo by Dustin Bradford/Getty Images)

ESPN Denver

It’s that time of year again as the Denver Broncos have kicked off their training camp at Dove Valley. This is always my favorite time of year as we get to see the Broncos go through practice every day. I’ve watched this team in rookie minicamp, OTAs, and minicamp this offseason but none of that matches training camp. The Broncos have several position battles that will shake out over the next month. Training camp (plus the preseason) is where those battles are won.

Play Of The Day: RB Ronnie Hillman trucking over SS Duke Ihenacho at the goal line for a TD.

Runner Up: WR Demaryius Thomas beat CB Omar Bolden to the back of the end zone for a TD.

Quarterback

No. 18 Peyton Manning: Consistent excellence is the name of the game with Manning. Every day he’s on point and distributing passes all over the field. He was extra precise on Tuesday, going 5-of-5 in early passing drills. Later in practice he kept going after (and abusing) CB Omar Bolden who was locked in coverage against WR Demaryius Thomas. After practice Manning talked about his top two TEs. “Well, Virgil and Julius have gotten great work this training camp. Unfortunately, we’ve had some injuries with [TE] Joel [Dreessen] and [TE] Jacob [Tamme] and we feel that both of those guys are going to be fine, but the result of that has been Virgil and Julius getting a lot of work in there with the first group and a lot of different situations. You’ve seen Julius split out wide some; you’ve seen him make some good catches at the tight end. Julius just hadn’t played a lot football in the past couple of years due to some injuries. So it’s a great situation for him. And Virgil is one of our strongest guys on the team, yet he’s made a lot of plays in the passing game. So it’s been a really good camp for both of those guys.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://denverssportsstation.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=8021

Same here I have always liked his reporting.

Tned
08-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Another Lammey fan. Nice camp and fantasy reports.

My initial thought reading his notes was who did Woodyard piss off that they had him spend the practice covering Decker. That's a bit of a mismatch.

Jsteve01
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
How did you find this Bronx? I've searched high and low on their site and not been able to find cecils camp reports

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 09:05 PM
How did you find this Bronx? I've searched high and low on their site and not been able to find cecils camp reports

Their Broncos Total Access blog. Had to scroll to the third entry.
http://denverssportsstation.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=21

Lammey probably does the best in depth report from the media.

Jsteve01
08-07-2013, 11:48 PM

Their Broncos Total Access blog. Had to scroll to the third entry.
http://denverssportsstation.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=21

Lammey probably does the best in depth report from the media. total access blog? Damn mobile

DenBronx
08-08-2013, 02:16 AM

Im friends on facebook with Cecil and he will usually post these each day. Its through ESPN but yeah you have to navigate through several pages. I have it in a quick link folder to make it easier to find.

I also recommend you guys listen to his radio shows too.

DenBronx
08-08-2013, 02:18 AM
Another Lammey fan. Nice camp and fantasy reports.

My initial thought reading his notes was who did Woodyard piss off that they had him spend the practice covering Decker. That's a bit of a mismatch.

That is rather odd. When will DRC see the field again?