PDA

View Full Version : New bag rules

duby
08-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Is anyone as ticked as I am about the new limits on what we can bring into the stadium? Will they issue warm clothing and raingear that we cannot bring in? The rule diminishes fan enjoyment not enhancing it! What can be done?

sneakers
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM
You are going to a football game, not going camping....I don't see a problem with it.

sneakers
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Is anyone as ticked as I am about the new limits on what we can bring into the stadium? Will they issue warm clothing and raingear that we cannot bring in? The rule diminishes fan enjoyment not enhancing it! What can be done?

also, welcome to broncosforums

Tned
08-07-2013, 03:10 PM

I'm not crazy about it, but I understand it as a reaction to what happened in Boston, along with the generally growing increase in security entering the stadiums.

jhns
08-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Doesn't bother me. I've never needed to carry a bag of stuff into a sporting event.

Tned
08-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Not sure if you guys go to cold weather games. When it's below freezing, not to mention in the teens or single digits, it can be handy to have some of your layers in a bag that you bring in with you. Going to a basketball game or an MLB game in the summer, then yea, I agree, not much need for a bag and I've never taken a bag into Busch Stadium in St. Louis.

jhns
08-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Not sure if you guys go to cold weather games. When it's below freezing, not to mention in the teens or single digits, it can be handy to have some of your layers in a bag that you bring in with you. Going to a basketball game or an MLB game in the summer, then yea, I agree, not much need for a bag and I've never taken a bag into Busch Stadium in St. Louis.

If it's cold, I have the layers on. Sometimes I get hot early and take off a layer, which I sit on. I have carried a coat in with me before too. The one time I got caught in unexpected rain, I walked into the concessions area and bought a poncho. A bag of stuff seems like overkill.

Tned
08-07-2013, 03:39 PM
If it's cold, I have the layers on. Sometimes I get hot early and take off a layer, which I sit on. I have carried a coat in with me before too. The one time I got caught in unexpected rain, I walked into the concessions area and bought a poncho. A bag of stuff seems like overkill.

I like to start with fewer layers, and or, carry the coat or stuffed in a small bag that easily fits under the seat (especially when you start taking stuff out). Plus, the bag then is a good place to put programs, rally towels or other stuff being given away.

slim
08-07-2013, 03:50 PM
I guess you ladies are going to have to leave the purse at home.

GEM
08-07-2013, 03:55 PM

So long as you get your rain coat....forget the guy next to you carrying a bomb. They're doing it for the safety of the fans. If you have to bring a million things into the stadium, you aren't doing it right. :laugh:

At the scrimmage, I had small purse with keys, money and phone. No jacket, no rain coat. Sat in torrential downpour for over an hour, soaking wet in a tank top and capris....and had the best ******* time I've ever had at that stadium.

Oh and the cheerleader with shit on her teeth who spent 10 minutes talking about this rule...blah ******* blah, bring back that chic from a few years ago that the guys used to have coronaries about. Cheerleaders aren't what they were then.

GEM
08-07-2013, 03:56 PM

You can still do that. They showed at the scrimmage what you could cram into a legal bag and it was much more than most carry in normally. Just have to pack wisely.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2013, 08:30 PM
from article:

How are the Broncos implementing the new bag policy?

The new NFL policy, which is being implemented in each of the league’s 31 stadiums, will take effect at Sports Authority Field at Mile High starting with the Broncos' first home preseason game on August 24th. The new policy which allows virtually every individual item (camera, binoculars, blankets, approved outside food and beverages, etc.) that has previously been permitted, significantly restricts going forward the sizes and types of bags, that may be utilized to carry all of the things people normally bring to the game.

Prior to the first pre-season game, the Broncos will be shipping a pre-approved clear, vinyl tote bag to every season ticket account holder. These bags are expected to arrive in mailboxes on or around August 19th.

The strongest recommendation of NFL is to bring no bags – instead carry items in hand. If a bag is necessary, free disposable bags will be available at the stadium beginning with the team's first home preseason game.

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/New-Bag-Policy-QA/03a2983a-19d3-4577-9d5d-9e036df473f8

Tned
08-07-2013, 08:44 PM
No jacket, no rain coat. Sat in torrential downpour for over an hour, soaking wet in a tank top and capris....and had the best ******* time I've ever had at that stadium.

Ummm, this sounds like a Kodak moment.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

pnbronco
08-08-2013, 12:28 AM
I asked again at the store and they said from what they are hearing it will be September before any bags are ready.....so what about preseason??? Sounds like one of those rules that someone said let's do this and no one thought about the logistics until after it was announced. Anyway I found this on line so I at least feel better about the cost and will just get one of each when they are ready from out store....assuming that they are this price: http://www.nflshop.com/Denver_Broncos_All_Clear

I understand the safety concern after what happened in Boston. I am a person that uses big purses, so it will be a adjustment for me. I just thought this was a interesting article on attendance in general.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-07-01/sports/40297855_1_nfl-fans-purse-rule-bags

dogfish
08-10-2013, 05:56 AM
Sat in torrential downpour for over an hour, soaking wet in a tank top

and no photos. . . thanks for thinking of us!

:tsk:

Dapper Dan
08-10-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm not buying the safety thing. Any event I've ever been to, you open your bag and cooler so they can check it. If I can a bomb in a backpack, they would see it. An NFL stadium is a little bit more secure than a street in Boston. The only advantage I can possibly see is faster lines getting into the stadium. Oh, and NFL Shop sales for clear plastic bags with your team logo on them.

Sure, it's easy to like any change that won't affect you. If you don't really take anything with you, it won't change anything. If you are the type to bring in a few things, then you'll have to change. There's no reason for first type of fan to be small-minded douchebag about the other type of fan. Not everyone is the same. When I go to events, I usually bring a cooler (if they allow it,most events don't because they'll lose concession sales..errr...I mean safety reasons), my camera (in my camera bag), and I fill my wife's purse with stuff. I couldn't imagine bringing no bag and just carrying everything. Which is what the NFL implies that we should do. If I go to a game, I guess I'll have to change. There's not a lot I can change about it anyway. It's a business. The NFL will continue to sellout games.

weazel
08-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I blame aliens

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos

Update on @NFL bag policy: seat cushions allowed in stadium. Must be 1 piece foam or inflatable w/no pocket/material that can conceal items.