PDA

View Full Version : Expectations

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Peyton Manning to D. Thomas, E. Decker and now, Wes Welker!

What a passing game, huh? No question this offense could maybe have the best set of starting receivers in the League. But let's not assume that the addition of Welker will mean another 122 receptions and 1000+ yards for the Denver offense. That is not likely to occur....not by a long shot.

Unless Manning intends to average 55-60 passes per game or throw for 5,700 yards, which he surely will not, that scenario should be considered a pipe dream. I would say that the more reasonable expectation would be for Thomas' an Decker's numbers to decline a bit and Welker's to decline much more significantly. Here's why.

Welker's production will cannibalize from those two, since Manning and the passing game should remain fairly consistent. And Welker, coming from a NE offense where he was the primary WR, from the slot, will see amore drastic dip in his own production, by virtue of playing alongside more productive and reliable wideouts than he did in NE.

So although Peyton will have more options, don't let expectations run away from you as Bronco fans.

Arguments...?

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 08:45 AM
What exactly are you trying to argue here?

Dapper Dan
08-07-2013, 08:46 AM

What a passing game, huh? No question this offense could maybe have the best set of starting receivers in the League. But let's not assume that the addition of Welker will mean another 122 receptions and 1000+ yards for the Denver offense. That is not likely to occur....not by a long shot.

Unless Manning intends to average 55-60 passes per game or throw for 5,700 yards, which he surely will not, that scenario should be considered a pipe dream. I would say that the more reasonable expectation would be for Thomas' an Decker's numbers to decline a bit and Welker's to decline much more significantly. Here's why.

Welker's production will cannibalize from those two, since Manning and the passing game should remain fairly consistent. And Welker, coming from a NE offense where he was the primary WR, from the slot, will see amore drastic dip in his own production, by virtue of playing alongside more productive and reliable wideouts than he did in NE.

So although Peyton will have more options, don't let expectations run away from you as Bronco fans.

Arguments...?

What expectations are you talking about exactly? I haven't seen anyone expect Peyton to throw it 60/game with total 5700 yards

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Oh gee, thanks mister. We dumb country bumpkins all thought that our WRs would all average 12 catches and 145yds a game.

I'm so glad we have someone with such a vast knowledge of the game to come in and school us. You should start a thread called All You Ever Wanted to Know About Football.

LTC Pain
08-07-2013, 08:54 AM
C'mon Mods, same troll different day!

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Our self proclaimed "savant" forgets the following:

Our TE's caught 98 balls last year (likely to drop a bit)
Stokley (who's no longer on the team) had 45

Take Stokley's numbers all by themselves and Welker needs 55 more catches to get to 100. That's a measly three catches a game. Seems relatively achievable to me.

SR
08-07-2013, 08:55 AM
No one here expects Welker to catch 100 balls this year. Even Welker said that if he catches that many passes this year it's because something went wrong. So what point are you trying to make? You certainly aren't educating any of us...

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 08:57 AM
What expectations are you talking about exactly? I haven't seen anyone expect Peyton to throw it 60/game with total 5700 yards

No, no, no! Do I have to explain everything?

I am obviously referring to the expectations that the addition of Welker to the Denver O will guarantee a SB Title! This seems to be the reason behind all the gloating over signing Wes away from NE. I'm just trying to soften the landing for all those folks who may not understand how these things work.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Oh gee, thanks mister. We dumb country bumpkins all thought that our WRs would all average 12 catches and 145yds a game.

I'm so glad we have someone with such a vast knowledge of the game to come in and school us. You should start a thread called All You Ever Wanted to Know About Football.

I'm not suggesting that, at all. It's your inferiority complex, I guess, that leads you to read into my post.

Dapper Dan
08-07-2013, 09:02 AM

I am obviously referring to the expectations that the addition of Welker to the Denver O will guarantee a SB Title! This seems to be the reason behind all the gloating over signing Wes away from NE. I'm just trying to soften the landing for all those folks who may not understand how these things work.

If Wes Welker is better than Brandon Stokely then it's an upgrade. The signing of Welker also takes a key player away from a conference rival. Who said it "guarantees" a Super Bowl? Or are you simply talking the same old stuff?

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 09:03 AM
No one here expects Welker to catch 100 balls this year. Even Welker said that if he catches that many passes this year it's because something went wrong. So what point are you trying to make? You certainly aren't educating any of us...

Oh, really...?

Joe seems to think exactly that....go back and read his comment, indicative of many comments I've read in my short time here.

I was just trying to offer a different, IMHO more realistic, perspective.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Oh, really...?

Joe seems to think exactly that....go back and read his comment, indicative of many comments I've read in my short time here.

Seems relatively achievable does not equal expected, nor did I once say the Superbowl is guaranteed.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 09:10 AM
If Wes Welker is better than Brandon Stokely then it's an upgrade. The signing of Welker also takes a key player away from a conference rival. Who said it "guarantees" a Super Bowl? Or are you simply talking the same old stuff?

Oh c'mon, man!

Even the talking heads are citing the Welker acquisition as reason to cede the SB to Denver, but you're gonna try to tell me that the Bronco fans aren't thinking that, too?

It's ok if you are, since, yes, Welker is an upgrade over Stokely.

But don't lose sight of what I said....Peyton Manning is still only going to be allowed to play with one football at a time, and he is unlikely to start throwing a lot more often. So remember, receptions is only one stat. You can't overlook Attempts when you crunch your numbers.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Oh c'mon, man!

Even the talking heads are citing the Welker acquisition as reason to cede the SB to Denver, but you're gonna try to tell me that the Bronco fans aren't thinking that, too?

But don't lose sight of what I said....Peyton Manning is still only going to be allowed to play with one football at a time, and he is unlikely to start throwing a lot more often. So remember, receptions is only one stat. You can't overlook Attempts when you crunch your numbers.

This helps your argument how? Obviously attempts will be much higher than receptions.

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 09:17 AM

Well you obviously don't know how to read because no Bronco fan has said jack shit that it would guarantee Denver a title. We don't need some idiot savant telling us how it works because we are actually a hell of a lot smarter than trolls like you.

SR
08-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Oh, really...?

Joe didn't say it was going to happen...he said it's not impossible. And him saying it's not impossible is no different than you saying it is.

TXBRONC
This helps your argument how? Obviously attempts will be much higher than receptions.

Just remember Joe you're talking to rainman who lives in his own little bubble. I bet he goes around all day saying "I'm a good driver."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor

Arguments...?

Thank you for the perspective.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Taco2575/captain_obvious.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Taco2575/media/captain_obvious.jpg.html)

SR
08-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Oh c'mon, man!

I don't think it's all that far of a reach to say that Welker, Decker, and Thomas will all have 1k yard seasons or that Peyton throws for 5k. As long as everyone stays relatively healthy, I don't think making that claim is all that far off especially considering Peyton threw for over 4500 and 37 TDs last year...

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 09:24 AM
It's like watching a monkey hump a football.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Just remember Joe you're talking to rainman who lives in his own little bubble. I bet he goes around all day says "I'm a good driver."

Yes, I realize that and I love how he never responds to my posts directly. He knows I would take his "football knowledge", roll it into a bat and beat him over the head with it.

NFL Savant. LOL. More like Savant Syndrome.

powderaddict
08-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I fully expect this offense to be explosive, efficient, and methodical. A juggernaut.

Defenses will get frustrated and have no answer. We will build a lead, and then unleash Von Miller & Co to wreak havoc on opposing offenses. If the running game can click and grind out the clock, watch out.

Individual stats will be meaningless. I don’t care who gets how many receptions. There are so many weapons, their individual impact will show by how many drives end with points over how many receptions they individually get .

My expectations are to win, and I don’t care if it’s by completing 2 passes, or 50. Barring catastrophic injury, I really don’t think my I will be disappointed.

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Who on here has said Denver is guaranteed to win the Super Bowl this year?

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 09:45 AM

Well, to be fair (don't know why, but ... ) I'm sure if we search every post someone, somewhere has guaranteed a Superbowl win for the Broncos.

PatriotsGuy
08-07-2013, 09:45 AM

Well not guaranteed but...

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/554035-Peyton-Manning-eager-for-Broncos-to-face-49ers-in-preseason-opener?p=1999872#post1999872

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Well not guaranteed but...

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/554035-Peyton-Manning-eager-for-Broncos-to-face-49ers-in-preseason-opener?p=1999872#post1999872

So the best you have is a fan that predicted we will make the Super Bowl (not even win it). Cool.

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Well, to be fair (don't know why, but ... ) I'm sure if we search every post someone, somewhere has guaranteed a Superbowl win for the Broncos.

You are probably right, but it's certainly not the widespread phenomenon that Mr. B seems to be claiming.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 09:49 AM
You are probably right, but it's certainly not the widespread phenomenon that Mr. B seems to be claiming.

Agreed. But like I've said, he more qualifies for savant syndrome than anything else.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Yes, I realize that and I love how he never responds to my posts directly. He knows I would take his "football knowledge", roll it into a bat and beat him over the head with it.

NFL Savant. LOL. More like Savant Syndrome.

There could be other reasons, besides my fear of your obvious savant-like football acumen, for why I don't respond directly to your comments, Joe. Put on you savant cap and think about it. I'm sure that, given enough time, you'll conclude that the first thought that pops up in your head might not be the only possibility! I don't spit into the wind, either.

if it'll make you feel better, I will pay extra attention to responding directly to you. Also, I will remove the "NFL Savant" quip from my profile, since it seems to be a source of irritation to your fragile ego.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 09:50 AM
There could be other reasons, besides my fear of your obvious savant-like football acumen, for why I don't respond directly to your comments, Joe. Put on you savant cap and think about it. I'm sure that, given enough time, you'll conclude that the first thought that pops up in your head might not be the only possibility! I don't spit into the wind, either.

if it'll make you feel better, I will pay extra attention to responding directly to you. Also, I will remove the "NFL Savant" quip from my profile, since it seems to be a source of irritation to your fragile ego.

That's the best you got? Frankly, I was expecting something more.

PatriotsGuy
08-07-2013, 09:53 AM
So the best you have is a fan that predicted we will make the Super Bowl (not even win it). Cool.

I was just finding an example to fit your question. You seem very hostile.

Dreadnought
08-07-2013, 09:54 AM
I fully expect this offense to be explosive, efficient, and methodical. A juggernaut.

Defenses will get frustrated and have no answer. We will build a lead, and then unleash Von Miller & Co to wreak havoc on opposing offenses. If the running game can click and grind out the clock, watch out.

Individual stats will be meaningless. I don’t care who gets how many receptions. There are so many weapons, their individual impact will show by how many drives end with points over how many receptions they individually get .

My expectations are to win, and I don’t care if it’s by completing 2 passes, or 50. Barring catastrophic injury, I really don’t think my I will be disappointed.

Pretty much this. I would be happy if yardage and receptions were a little down for all of these guys because attempts and completions were down for PM because we were running more because we had racked up big leads early. John Fox is not Belichick, who seems to think it is impressive to run up scores and stats by continuing to throw deep balls with a 24 point lead against chump opponents.

Of course, if the running game doesn't really come around and we have to win by throwing for a ton of yards and TD's I am totally cool with that too.

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I was just finding an example to fit your question. You seem very hostile.

Except your example didn't answer my question. I asked who on here has guaranteed Denver will WIN the super bowl this year? The post you quoted is only predicting that we will play SF in the Super Bowl. It made no prediction on who will win.

CoachChaz
08-07-2013, 09:56 AM
This forum is riddles with discussion about how out O-line is injured and needs a better option at center...about the potential suspension of our best defensive player for 4 games...about the lack of a true MLB...about finding a replacement for Doom...about the possibility of a 200 pound kid being the starting RB...about safety still being a weak spot.

Amongst all of that discussion...where the hell has anyone come up with an "expectation" that we will win the Super Bowl?

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 09:56 AM

You don't have to search, Joe.

For example, somebody actually started this thread
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/530966-Super-Bowl-or-bust-Denver-Broncos-facing-highest-expectations

The Media also pumped things up....

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/08/06/wes-welkers-addition-makes-the-denver-broncos-receiving-corps-the-best-in-the-nfl/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/08/06/wes-welkers-addition-makes-the-denver-broncos-receiving-corps-the-best-in-the-nfl/

But, if you guys are telling me that y'all didn't cream your undies with the Welker signing, high on the hopes and expectations of a SB title, I'll believe you and admit I was wrong.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-07-2013, 09:58 AM

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/530966-Super-Bowl-or-bust-Denver-Broncos-facing-highest-expectations

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/08/06/wes-welkers-addition-makes-the-denver-broncos-receiving-corps-the-best-in-the-nfl/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/08/06/wes-welkers-addition-makes-the-denver-broncos-receiving-corps-the-best-in-the-nfl/

But, if you guys are telling me that y'all didn't cream your undies with the Welker signing, high on the hopes and expectations of a SB title, I'll believe you and admit I was wrong.

Believing we have as good of a chance of winning the SB as anyone else and guaranteeing a SB are two different things.

But, you're a big boy, you understand that...

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 09:59 AM

No one in that thread guaranteed a Denver SB win this season. We simply said we expect it to be a real possibility. And given the talent on our team, that is a completely reasonable expectation. On paper, we are on the short list of favorites. You won't find a single fan on here say it is a foregone conclusion though.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Except your example didn't answer my question. I asked who on here has guaranteed Denver will WIN the super bowl this year? The post you quoted is only predicting that we will play SF in the Super Bowl. It made no prediction on who will win.

deep down, in your heart of hearts, WHO do you think will win?

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 10:01 AM

I think those hopes were solidified last year when we went 13-3, and then had that horrible loss to the Ravens. The signing of Welker only added fuel to the fire.

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 10:01 AM
deep down, in your heart of hearts, WHO do you think will win?

So which is it? Are you accusing us of guaranteeing the Broncos will win the SB, or just that we THINK they will win the SB? Those are two different things.

I think we have the best shot of winning the title this year (and Vegas currently agrees), but I have said many times it is far from a lock. Just takes one fluky play in the playoffs (see: Moore, Rahim) to flush it all away.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Believing we have as good of a chance of winning the SB as anyone else and guaranteeing a SB are two different things.

But, you're a big boy, you understand that...

Yes, they are.

Unfortunately for your effort to try to make a point, I didn't suggest or say that anyone was "guaranteeing a SB", now did I? I said I believed that "expectations" were running high.

Do you wish to dispute that? or shoot the messenger for the message?

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes, they are.

Unfortunately for your effort to try to make a point, I didn't suggest or say that anyone was "guaranteeing a SB", now did I? I said I believed that "expectations" were running high.

Do you wish to dispute that? or shoot the messenger for the message?

Yes you did. You said it right here.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/554052-Expectations?p=2000057#post2000057

powderaddict
08-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I expect us to win the Superbowl. But even with a HOF QB and a stacked roster, nothing is guaranteed.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 10:05 AM
I think those hopes were solidified last year when we went 13-3, and then had that horrible loss to the Ravens. The signing of Welker only added fuel to the fire.

So you agree with me...Great!

Just go ahead and say it...It won't hurt.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Yes you did. You said it right here.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/554052-Expectations?p=2000057#post2000057

My quote exactly.."I am obviously referring to the expectations that the addition of Welker to the Denver O will guarantee a SB Title! "

Shall we split hairs, to the consternation of the other members?

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 10:10 AM
In case you haven't been keeping up, we have done more this offseason than simply add Welker that has given us higher hopes. We really beefed up the D-line with Williams and Knighton, added a very good guard in Vasquez, and possibly shored up the RB position with Ball. That and the motivation from how we ended last season are all great reasons for us to have high expectations.

On paper, no rational fan can argue that Denver is not at the very least the favorites to win the AFC this season. And given how many great teams are in the NFC, you can't favor any particular team over the Broncos (even if they are better), because they will have a much tougher road to the big game.

We all expect to contend for the Super Bowl this season, and I think we are the favorites, but we all realize it's not a foregone conclusion.

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 10:17 AM
These are the current Super Bowl odds in Vegas. Sports books are as objective as they come, because their goal is to stay in business. If they have the Broncos as the favorites, it's not out of left field for our fans to think the same way.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Dzone
08-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 10:34 AM
So which is it? Are you accusing us of guaranteeing the Broncos will win the SB, or just that we THINK they will win the SB? Those are two different things.

I think we have the best shot of winning the title this year (and Vegas currently agrees), but I have said many times it is far from a lock. Just takes one fluky play in the playoffs (see: Moore, Rahim) to flush it all away.

Excuse me....but this moving of the target gets old quick!

The premise of this entire thread was "EXPECTATIONS". At least until people started changing the parameters, and running the premise off the rails.

I never accused anyone of guaranteeing a title...I don't know how you came up with that....only a complete idiot, like Rex Ryan, would make such a guarantee before the season started, and I also never suggested that you were all idiots or bumpkins.

I spoke of expectations. Are you saying that you have no expectation that the Broncos win the SB? Yes or no....don't cloud the question with all the other obvious caveats.

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 10:34 AM

You really must be idiot savant because you really cannot process anything outside your little bubble can you? First of all it's quoting an article it's not a proclamation a fan that Denver will win Super Bowl. Second, this also show what a hypocrite you are because your piece crap fan board Patriot Planet has same thing happen on it a daily basis. Patriot fans are quoting news articles all the time. Actually on more than one occasion I've seen them plagiarize but that's for another time. Third, unlike you the vast majority of Denver fans have perspective. Welker strengthens already strong recieving corps that's fact. When your piss ass team signed Amendola fans on Patriotplanet were jerkng themselves blind about how great of signing it was.

I'm sure you're roping your mule every time the media talks about Patriots prospects of going to the Super Bowl. It's not that they'll necessarily get there and even they'll lose like they normally do.

All you are is troll and not a very bright one to boot. :welcome:

SR
08-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Excuse me....but this moving of the target gets old quick!

The premise of this entire thread was "EXPECTATIONS". At least until people started changing the parameters, and running the premise off the rails.

I never accused anyone of guaranteeing a title...I don't know how you came up with that....only a complete idiot, like Rex Ryan, would make such a guarantee before the season started, and I also never suggested that you were all idiots or bumpkins.

I spoke of expectations. Are you saying that you have no expectation that the Broncos win the SB? Yes or no....don't cloud the question with all the other obvious caveats.

Anyone with a real grasp on the ups and downs that come with a football season would tell you that they don't expect their team, regardless of who it is, to win the Super Bowl. I don't expect the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. I expect them to win the AFCW again, potentially get a first round BYE, and be competitive in the playoffs. That's a realistic expectation with no inflation of reality. Nothing you say makes any sense at all.

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Anyone with a real grasp on the ups and downs that come with a football season would tell you that they don't expect their team, regardless of who it is, to win the Super Bowl. I don't expect the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. I expect them to win the AFCW again, potentially get a first round BYE, and be competitive in the playoffs. That's a realistic expectation with no inflation of reality. Nothing you say makes any sense at all.

Idiot Savants have a problem making sense because they live in their own little world.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Well, I guess the Broncos shouldn't even play this season. Thanks for saving me 16 gamedays Mr. BlowJob. No sense watching if the idiot savant says we won't win it all.

LTC Pain
08-07-2013, 11:20 AM

A greasy football!

NightTrainLayne
08-07-2013, 11:22 AM
NTL'S Expectations:

1. The Sun will rise daily in the East and set in the West. This based on 38 years of experience.

2. My wife will ask for jewelry for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas etc. This based on 16 years of experience.

3. My daughter will tell me she's hungry when I pick her up today. This based on 6 years of experience.

4. Mr. Bojangles will continue to start ridiculous, trolling threads, pretending that he knows more about football than anyone else, and prove the opposite in the meantime. This based on 2+ weeks of experience.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 11:33 AM
jangles needs to look up the definition of expectation.

Nomad
08-07-2013, 11:35 AM

How about a frog!:lol:

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 11:43 AM
jangles needs to look up the definition of expectation.

I'm not confident that would help him at all.

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 11:46 AM
How about a frog!:lol:

Do you mean a monkey humping a frog, or a frog humping a football, or a frog humping a monkey? :confused: :D

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 01:36 PM

I think you're lying thru your teeth if you claim that your only expectation is for them to win their Division. Let's be honest here.

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Arguments...?

I don't necessarily disagree. I'm worried about our defense this year. esp rushing. we may not even see the playoffs

slim
08-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Well I have learned a lot in this thread.

Thanks, Mr. BJ.

Slick
08-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Right now we are paper champions and nothing more. We have all watched enough football in our lives to know that the best teams talent wise don't always win the trophy. Injuries, turnovers, coaching mistakes can change the course of games and seasons. We are one of several teams with a realistic shot at winning the superbowl at this point. My expectations as a fan are to do better than we did last year. If we don't, I will be disappointed just like I was last year.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 01:45 PM
So basically this thread boils down to Mr BJ berating us for what he assumes are our expectations then when we tell him that's not what we expect he tells us exactly what our expectations truly are?

The ego is out of control on this guy.

slim
08-07-2013, 01:47 PM
So basically this thread boils down to Mr BJ berating us for what he assumes are our expectations then when we tell him that's not what we expect he then tells us exactly what our expectations truly are?

The ego is out of control on this guy.

I'm glad he is here to tell us what we don't know. I'm not sure how we survived without him.

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 01:48 PM
leave Mr Bo alone!!!

slim
08-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Nut, do you know who Mr. BJ really is?

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Yep - jangles first came off as a douche, and I treated him as same. Displayed flashes of football knowledge, and I was encouraged he may be another Pags/WTE who could hold somewhat of intelligent discussion.

End result is he's just a douche, and his football knowledge is nothing more than that of a Goldfish (they only remember things for 3 seconds and have only very basic primal instincts).

slim
08-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Yep - jangles first came off as a douche, and I treated him as same. Displayed flashes of football knowledge, and I was encouraged he may be another Pags/WTE who could hold somewhat of intelligent discussion.

End result is he's just a douche, and his football knowledge is nothing more than that of a Goldfish (they only remember things for 3 seconds and have only very basic primal instincts).

Yeah, maybe a gay goldfish.

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Nut, do you know who Mr. BJ really is?

yes. he danced for you in worn out shoes.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't necessarily disagree. I'm worried about our defense this year. esp rushing. we may not even see the playoffs

Don't laugh....you might pop your tongue right thru your cheek.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Well, I guess the Broncos shouldn't even play this season. Thanks for saving me 16 gamedays Mr. BlowJob. No sense watching if the idiot savant says we won't win it all.

I don't believe I said that, either. Truly amazing how some people can convolute a comment and arrive at their own preconceived notion.

Ziggy
08-07-2013, 02:28 PM
5 pages? Really? Why do you guys think he starts these threads?

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 02:29 PM
6 pages? Really? Why do you guys think he starts these threads?

Because he's a troll.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
NTL'S Expectations:

1. The Sun will rise daily in the East and set in the West. This based on 38 years of experience.

2. My wife will ask for jewelry for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas etc. This based on 16 years of experience.

3. My daughter will tell me she's hungry when I pick her up today. This based on 6 years of experience.

4. Mr. Bojangles will continue to start ridiculous, trolling threads, pretending that he knows more about football than anyone else, and prove the opposite in the meantime. This based on 2+ weeks of experience.

Very good. Original, witty and humorous. A little inaccurate at the end there, guy, but still a whole lot more entertaining than most of the comments in the thread.

SR
08-07-2013, 02:34 PM
I think you're lying thru your teeth if you claim that your only expectation is for them to win their Division. Let's be honest here.

Well, I'm not lying. You obviously haven't posted here for long so you obviously don't really understand my point of view. I don't EXPECT the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. I expect them to compete for the chance to go there. I'm a realist. Expecting anything more than that, or anticipating anything more than that, is just unreasonable IMO. There is a HUGE different between an expectation and hope, and you don't seem to grasp that concept well. I hope they win the Super Bowl and I think they have a legitimate shot at it, but I don't expect them to win the Super Bowl. The sooner you can understand that most of us here have that same frame of mind, the sooner you can stop sounding like a blazing idiot in your posts.

SR
08-07-2013, 02:36 PM
I don't believe I said that, either. Truly amazing how some people can convolute a comment and arrive at their own preconceived notion.

You're pretty good at it too though. Lets be honest.

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 02:37 PM
I expect us to win the Superbowl. But even with a HOF QB and a stacked roster, nothing is guaranteed.

I notice that you are from Rifle. there are 2 things that come out of Rifle. faggots and poopyholes. And I don't see any shit hanging from you

SR
08-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I notice that you are from Rifle. there are 2 things that come out of Rifle. faggots and poopyholes. And I don't see any shit hanging from you

I thought it was "faggots and dingleberries"...way to screw that up.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 02:45 PM
5 pages? Really? Why do you guys think he starts these threads?

Ziggy, do you know how many threads are started on this Board, and any other you'd care to search, which are lucky to get a half dozen comments? Check out how many never get a single response.

Then think about the whole purpose of a message Board forum. Wouldn't we all agree that it is designed for discussion? So what's your problem. This topic has generated, you say, five entire pages of comments.

Now, I don't apologize for those who try to derail my threads and clog up the thread with nasty useless banter, but the topic was, I believe worthy of an opinion. Just because there are certain members who would rather engage in personal attacks on the guy who started the thread, rather than simply state their differences or offer an alternative, is no reason to complain about a job well done, if I may be so audacious as to say so myself.

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 02:46 PM
SR, are you in South Dakota or North Dakota?

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Well, I'm not lying. You obviously haven't posted here for long so you obviously don't really understand my point of view. I don't EXPECT the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. I expect them to compete for the chance to go there. I'm a realist. Expecting anything more than that, or anticipating anything more than that, is just unreasonable IMO. There is a HUGE different between an expectation and hope, and you don't seem to grasp that concept well. I hope they win the Super Bowl and I think they have a legitimate shot at it, but I don't expect them to win the Super Bowl. The sooner you can understand that most of us here have that same frame of mind, the sooner you can stop sounding like a blazing idiot in your posts.

Interesting that you claim the high ground, while sounding righteous, while very insulting to me and other NE fans who hold the very same theory of expectation vs hope that you espouse.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 02:54 PM
jangles, I think you're confusing expectation with guarantee. Expectation is little more than an educated guess and boils down to assertive hope.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 02:58 PM
You're pretty good at it too though. Lets be honest.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/553859-Welker?p=1997455#post1997455

Like when you said this, and I jumped to the conclusion that we weren't buddies? :rolleyes:

SR
08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
SR, are you in South Dakota or North Dakota?

My location clearly says "Rapid City, SD"

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM

Cheezy comes from Rifle, too, so I am certain that you are onto something here, Nut. :rockon:

SR
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Interesting that you claim the high ground, while sounding righteous, while very insulting to me and other NE fans who hold the very same theory of expectation vs hope that you espouse.

When have I ever said anything about NE? You're having an increasingly hard time keeping up.

But I like how youhave nothing to say football related as it pertains to my post so you retort by trying to psychoanalyze me. Good job partner.

jhns
08-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Pats fan is just mad that Denver will get Welker a couple SBs and Welker will retire as a Bronco.

Easy SB win this year.

How are you not embarrassed by that OP? Do you wear a helmet all day?

SR
08-07-2013, 03:10 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/553859-Welker?p=1997455#post1997455

Like when you said this, and I jumped to the conclusion that we weren't buddies? :rolleyes:

Which is totally relevant. You are doing a good job of proving my theory though. You're working your way up. At first you started out as a no-name POS brand maybe from Northern Tool or Harbor Frieght...but you're working your way up to the likes of Snap-On or Matco.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 03:16 PM

So, you're a cowboy?

I have a friend who runs a ranch out your way, just outside of Faith. He is a Colts' fan who, once we got past the insults, turned out to be a great guy. His wife and daughter are diehard Indy boosters, but that didn't stop us from becoming diehard friends. Wife and I flew into Denver and toured around Co, Wyoming, Montana and then on to SD to visit with him and the family. I have to say, the entire west was spectacular and you Co fans are lucky to have such beauty surrounding you.

SR
08-07-2013, 03:21 PM
So, you're a cowboy?

I have a friend who runs a ranch out your way, just outside of Faith. He is a Colts' fan who, once we got past the insults, turned out to be a great guy. His wife and daughter are diehard Indy boosters, but that didn't stop us from becoming diehard friends. Wife and I flew into Denver and toured around Co, Wyoming, Montana and then on to SD to visit with him and the family. I have to say, the entire west was spectacular and you Co fans are lucky to have such beauty surrounding you.

I'm not from here and I hate living here. South Dakota can EAD for all I care. The Hills are alright, but beyond that this state has nothing to offer me.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Pats fan is just mad that Denver will get Welker a couple SBs and Welker will retire as a Bronco.

Easy SB win this year.

How are you not embarrassed by that OP? Do you wear a helmet all day?

This must surely be an anomaly.....someone earlier insisted that there weren't ANY Bronco fans EXPECTING a SB win.

If we leave this thread go long enough, more and more of them will pour in and sustain my original premise.

Then, it's game, set, match, boys.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 03:26 PM
This must surely be an anomaly.....someone earlier insisted that there weren't ANY Bronco fans EXPECTING a SB win.

If we leave this thread go long enough, more and more of them will pour in and sustain my original premise.

So you admit you're baiting?

jhns
08-07-2013, 03:30 PM

Don't act so jealous. It's pathetic.

Nomad
08-07-2013, 03:32 PM
If the BRONCOS do not win the Super Bowl, I will drown myself in the Bering Sea.

:lol:

powderaddict
08-07-2013, 03:32 PM
I love it when others try to manage my expectations for me. Like I need to be protected from myself :lol:

I tell you what. Let me manage my own expectations, and I'll deal with the consequences on my own. I don't need anyone telling me how to feel, or what to expect. :balloons:

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I love it when others try to manage my expectations for me. Like I need to be protected from myself :lol:

I tell you what. Let me manage my own expectations, and I'll deal with the consequences on my own. I don't need anyone telling me how to feel, or what to expect. :balloons:
Get him Powder. He was making fun of Rifle too.

Nomad
08-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Do you two guys know each other and hangout?

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 03:38 PM

this is true, but again, south or north Dakota?

moron

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Cheezy comes from Rifle, too, so I am certain that you are onto something here, Nut. :rockon:

I've met him and he defintitely is not a poophole, I'll leave it at that.

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 03:43 PM

moron

I like you nut but you're being a moron right now.

SR

moron

Dude...SD means SOUTH DAKOTA.

SR

Just slightly.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Nut is like a really good dog that every great once in a while chews up a pair of shoes, you just gotta remember that he's gonna be a retard sometimes but you keep him around because he's a good friend.

powderaddict
08-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Get him Powder. He was making fun of Rifle too.

Yeah, well, pretty much everyone does that :lol:

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 03:49 PM
So you admit you're baiting?

I am beginning to believe that you are not simply acting the fool....

No, that's not what I'm saying, Sherlock. I was pointing out that the claim that there were no over-exuberant Bronco fans with high expectations was a highly questionable comment, and that given sufficient time, plenty of them would find the thread and exonerate me and my sullied reputation.

Where the heck is Rifle?

GEM
08-07-2013, 03:51 PM
I can only remember one team with those kind of expectations. And instead of meeting the expectations that all their fans slobbered all over, they lost the most important game of their perfect season.

My expectation....have a kick ass football season. The only downside to football season is spending Sundays inside again. Super Bowl....who knows. I sure as **** don't look that far into the year, game by game, enjoying every minute of it.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 03:51 PM

No, that's not what I'm saying, Sherlock. I was pointing out that the claim that there were no over-exuberant Bronco fans with high expectations was a highly questionable comment, and that given sufficient time, plenty of them would find the thread and exonerate me and my sullied reputation.

Where the heck is Rifle?
In Western Colorado.

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Nut is like a really good dog that every great once in a while chews up a pair of shoes, you just gotta remember that he's gonna be a retard sometimes but you keep him around because he's a good friend.

Yeah but there are consequences for chewing up the shoes. The dog gets a swat on the butt with newspaper. I guess in Nut's case we super glue him into his overalls.

powderaddict
08-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Where the heck is Rifle?

It's where they send all the Broncos Country badasses.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Don't act so jealous. It's pathetic.

Hey, you have a good team there...just don't get too over exuberant, too early. By that, I mean until they overcome the Manning curse and actually win the title. or, at least, a big game.

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 03:54 PM
In Western Colorado.

You mean East Utah.

powderaddict
Hey, you have a good team there...just don't get too over exuberant, too early. By that, I mean until they overcome the Manning curse and actually win the title. or, at least, a big game.

I'll get as over exuberant as early as I want, thanks.:salute:

powderaddict
You mean East Utah.

No, you can buy liquor here.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 03:57 PM
You mean East Utah.

**** off midget.

jhns
08-07-2013, 03:57 PM

Poor pats fans have nothing to look forward to. We are all sad for you.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 03:59 PM
I can only remember one team with those kind of expectations. And instead of meeting the expectations that all their fans slobbered all over, they lost the most important game of their perfect season.

My expectation....have a kick ass football season. The only downside to football season is spending Sundays inside again. Super Bowl....who knows. I sure as **** don't look that far into the year, game by game, enjoying every minute of it.

Well, this fan never slobbered over his team going into a SB, so please don't line me up with those who might incline that ways.

I'm guessing from your second comment that you smoke a lot of weed. ;)JK I like that attitude.

GEM
08-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Well, this fan never slobbered over his team going into a SB, so please don't line me up with those who might incline that ways.

I'm guessing from your second comment that you smoke a lot of weed. ;)JK I like that attitude.

Then do us a favor, don't line us up either.

Haven't smoked weed in over 15 years, Mr. ASSumptions.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 04:07 PM

And yet you make a thread lining us up. :laugh: hypocrite much?

GEM
08-07-2013, 04:09 PM
And yet you make a thread lining us up. :laugh: hypocrite much?

Give him a small break, chaz....he IS a Pansy fan. ;)

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 04:11 PM

what? lol

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Dude...SD means SOUTH DAKOTA.

no shit. I want to see that country someday. my sister loved it, picked her son up last week from a camp he was working at in the black hills area... custer national park. she said it was just really effing cool.

SR
08-07-2013, 04:14 PM

Lemme know when you're done trying to tell all the Broncos fans on this Broncos message board how to live their lives.

SR
08-07-2013, 04:15 PM
no shit. I want to see that country someday. my sister loved it, picked her son up last week from a camp he was working at in the black hills area... custer national park. she said it was just really effing cool.

If you're saying "no shit" then why the **** did you keep asking if it was North or South Dakota? Rapid City IS IN SOUTH DAKOTA which is abbreviated "SD". JFC. What is wrong with you today nut?

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 04:16 PM

thank you!! acting retarded is just mental therapy for me. like stretching before a run

BroncoNut
08-07-2013, 04:17 PM
If you're saying "no shit" then why the **** did you keep asking if it was North or South Dakota? Rapid City IS IN SOUTH DAKOTA which is abbreviated "SD". JFC. What is wrong with you today nut?

just to see you blow up

SR
08-07-2013, 04:25 PM
just to see you blow up

You goddamn mental terrorist.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 07:17 PM
I'll get as over exuberant as early as I want, thanks.:salute:

Wow!

Have you guys ever had your water tested out there in Rifle?

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Lemme know when you're done trying to tell all the Broncos fans on this Broncos message board how to live their lives.

Hmmm, yeah, like I was doing that.

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 07:24 PM
In Western Colorado. I've never been west of Denver, but I assume you live in the Rockies. Are you an outdoorsman....hunt elk?

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 07:57 PM
I've never been west of Denver, but I assume you live in the Rockies. Are you an outdoorsman....hunt elk?

Yes. I fish more than hunt but yes I hunt Elk

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Chaz - do you know anyone that has gone to Mesa University? If so, what was their experience like?

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Chaz - do you know anyone that has gone to Mesa University? If so, what was their experience like?

Are you talking about Colorado Mesa University that used to be Mesa State University?

If so, yes. I went there for two years. It seems to be a pretty good school especially for teachers and nurses. The nursing program is top notch and it gets a lot of support from St. Mary's Hospital which a very good hospital.

I was going to be a teacher and coach but started making too much money doing construction and electrical work that I eventually decided that being a teacher, as great of a profession as that is, would not be as financially responsible as continuing my trade as a sparky. Getting married and building a house right around that time was another big part of my decision to stop going to school.

Also, Mesa seems to have a pretty sizeable Non-Traditional student enrollment. In other words old folks going back for an education. Lotta local West Slope kids too. Good baseball team, shitty football team, okay basketball teams, respectable wrestling team considering they just started the program back a few years ago.

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 08:39 PM

It's a shitty school for losers.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 08:41 PM
It's a shitty school for losers.

**** off Nebraska fag. Chadron is for the barely literate.

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 08:43 PM
**** off Nebraska fag. Chadron is for the barely literate.

At least we can play football. Only queers and steers in Mesa...

WTE
08-07-2013, 08:44 PM

Psssst. If you remember, SR was on my List Of Dummies.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 09:01 PM
MO's a dipshit.

Yes, I was talking about Colorado Mesa University. Daughter is considering it, mainly because with her GPA, they'll pay her tuition in full.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 09:04 PM
MO's a dipshit.

Yes, I was talking about Colorado Mesa University. Daughter is considering it, mainly because with her GPA, they'll pay her tuition in full.

What does she want to do? Does she have an idea yet?

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Not really. That's why I think because of the tuition being paid for, she should go there at least for a year or two.

Likes the Sciences. Chemistry in particular.

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Not really. That's why I think because of the tuition being paid for, she should go there at least for a year or two.

Likes the Sciences. Chemistry in particular.

Fine school. And I like your thinking.

Chadron is better :coffee:

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Mesa is a pretty good choice for kids from Denver. It's a relatively small town but there is still fun to be had and it's away from home so they can start showing their independence but it's still close enough to visit. Wouldn't be a bad choice for her at all.

If you want I can watch out for her and scare away any punks that go sniffing around. I won't let anyone with a flat billed hat anywhere near her.

SR
08-07-2013, 09:17 PM

Yeah, you kinda are. You're a nobody with minimal football common sense and here you are telling Bronco fans how to be Bronco fans all the while flooding your posts with undeniable hypocrisy and idiocy.

SR
08-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Psssst. If you remember, SR was on my List Of Dummies.

Well **** you too then.
I thought we were friends. If I ever go to Pease I won't be hanging out with you.

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Joe, we don't have flat-billed punk asses in Chadron.

FYI.

SR
08-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Joe, we don't have flat-billed punk asses in Chadron.

FYI.

I'm going to wear a flat bill when ever I meet you. Why? Because you won't call me a punk ass to my face.

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm going to wear a flat bill when ever I meet you. Why? Because you won't call me a punk ass to my face.

I will probably tell you to straighten your hat and wear it like a grown up because you look like a punk ass. Because I know aren't a punk ass.

SR
08-07-2013, 09:29 PM
I will probably tell you to straighten your hat and wear it like a grown up because you look like a punk ass. Because I know aren't a punk ass.

Fair enough. But I do only wear flat bill hats backwards and only rarely. I have a narrow head so it looks funny. And thanks to the judgmental ass holes here I've retired all of my affliction t shirts except my Sturgis 2010 one because its awesome and sentimental. I'm developing a complex. Next, Mr Blowjobangles will make me feel like I don't know shit about football.

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm sure there are lots of decent people that where the Affliction brand. The ****tards have ruined it for them.

Next, Mr Blowjobangles will make me feel like I don't know shit about football.

There is 0 percent chance of that happening.

SR
08-07-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm sure there are lots of decent people that where the Affliction brand. The ****tards have ruined it for them.

True. Besides, hockey is kinda my forte anyway.

Jsteve01
08-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Joe I atteneded mesa and its a fine institution. Both basketball teams are solid. In fact the womwns team was ranked 2 in division 2 and played for a national championship last year. The former a.d. is a friend and we were classmates at the school. Great place to transition to the college lifestyle. My father in law is a cop here. We could potentially set up some sort of around the clock surveillance for your little girl. I have two and I can't even imagine sending one to freaking chadron.

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Lies and slander!

Plus, I know the head detective who is actually ON the force in Chadron. Housemate senior year, good friend all four.

:trumpcard:

Mr Bojangles
08-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Fair enough. But I do only wear flat bill hats backwards and only rarely. I have a narrow head so it looks funny. And thanks to the judgmental ass holes here I've retired all of my affliction t shirts except my Sturgis 2010 one because its awesome and sentimental. I'm developing a complex. Next, Mr Blowjobangles will make me feel like I don't know shit about football.

Thanks, guy. That narrow head goes a long way toward explaining some of your posts I've been reading.

Mr. Bojangles is not responsible for your self-image or how you feel about yourself regarding football knowledge.

MOtorboat
08-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks, guy. That narrow head goes a long way toward explaining some of your posts I've been reading.

Mr. Bojangles is not responsible for your self-image or how you feel about yourself regarding football knowledge.

I'm 100 percent sure you're football stupid.

chazoe60
08-07-2013, 11:01 PM
i'm 100 percent sure you're stupid.
fify.

Jsteve01
08-07-2013, 11:14 PM

Mr. Bojangles is not responsible for your self-image or how you feel about yourself regarding football knowledge.. The old trump card that you decided to play after I referenced my family and friends? Right mo.

tubby
08-07-2013, 11:30 PM

tubby
08-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Clearly with Welker, Manning will pass for 6k yards and 70 TD.

Pudge
08-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Clearly with Welker, Manning will pass for 6k yards and 70 TD.

Why are you being so conservative?

Jsteve01
08-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Clearly with Welker, Manning will pass for 6k yards and 70 TD. Sheesh this is some freaking weak ass posting. When are you going to start taking dumps on these lame threads?

Dapper Dan
08-08-2013, 02:46 AM
This thread got out of control.

Poet
08-08-2013, 03:49 AM
Styled on.

Styled on.

Styled on.

******* styled on.

Dapper Dan
08-08-2013, 04:23 AM
1. Styled On

When you are being extremely embarrassed and disrespected in a very personal way.

Examples explain it better: The principle in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, those high school kids that had to guard Lebron as a senior, Ryan Leaf's life.

Wow that girl styled on me by saying she didn't know who I was.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=styled%20on

Poet
08-08-2013, 04:24 AM
I styled on all you mother ******s.

SR
08-08-2013, 07:06 AM

Lets compare wives.

BroncoJoe
08-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Joe I atteneded mesa and its a fine institution. Both basketball teams are solid. In fact the womwns team was ranked 2 in division 2 and played for a national championship last year. The former a.d. is a friend and we were classmates at the school. Great place to transition to the college lifestyle. My father in law is a cop here. We could potentially set up some sort of around the clock surveillance for your little girl. I have two and I can't even imagine sending one to freaking chadron.

Thanks for the input - and the surveillance offer... I just may take you up on that!

jhns
08-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Did they hand us the SB trophy yet? Are they really goi.g to make us wait until the season is over when it's so obvious who will win it?

Mr Bojangles
08-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the input - and the surveillance offer... I just may take you up on that!

Yeah, I bet your daughter would just be absolutely thrilled with that arrangement, Dad. :rolleyes:

Of course, you could probably sell the idea if you tell her the alternative is to have an armed Chazeo60 staking out her dorm and threatening anyone he decides is a "young punk or thug", as he offered to do! :D

BroncoJoe
08-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I bet your daughter would just be absolutely thrilled with that arrangement, Dad. :rolleyes:

Of course, you could probably sell the idea if you tell her the alternative is to have an armed Chazeo60 staking out her dorm and threatening anyone he decides is a "young punk or thug", as he offered to do! :D

HA! What she doesn't know won't hurt her....

Mr Bojangles
08-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Lets compare wives.

Compare wives?

Just how old are you? And do you really want to go there.....really?

tubby
08-08-2013, 01:46 PM
:popcorn:

SR
08-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Compare wives?

Just how old are you? And do you really want to go there.....really?

It was a joke, ree ree. I'd love to see a picture of your wife though. Srs.

slim
08-08-2013, 02:46 PM

No kidding. Nut looks like Vince Lombardi next to this guy.

Mr Bojangles
09-01-2013, 10:51 AM
*Bump*

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23991898/broncos-select-53-run-at-xlviii

I think it's time to don my "Savant" moniker again! :lol:

duke barham
09-02-2013, 02:06 PM
I think they will have a great season if they win this first game on Thursday I don't think they really have showed us Much.

Davii
09-02-2013, 02:19 PM
*Bump*

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23991898/broncos-select-53-run-at-xlviii

I think it's time to don my "Savant" moniker again! :lol:

I think it's about time you let your dumb ass trolling thread die. There is a large difference between a front office (really a single beat writer) expecting to "make a serious run" at a SB and a fanbase expecting to win one as you've charged.

Clearly even you can see that. Well, unless of course you're here for no reason other than to provoke or elicit negative reaction from the majority of the membership. Also known as trolling.

Mr Bojangles
09-02-2013, 02:52 PM
I think it's about time you let your dumb ass trolling thread die. There is a large difference between a front office (really a single beat writer) expecting to "make a serious run" at a SB and a fanbase expecting to win one as you've charged.

Clearly even you can see that. Well, unless of course you're here for no reason other than to provoke or elicit negative reaction from the majority of the membership. Also known as trolling.

Hey, I took a lot of abuse for my POV. I ought to be able to defend myself and prove I had a valid point.

And, may I also point out, there were over 170 comments on that thread, so obviously it stimulated interest......a lot of members must have enjoyed the topic, regardless of whether they agreed or not. Sorry you didn't, too.

So now the media AND the Broncos' front office have great expectations for the team this season......but the fans do not, of course..? :confused: Yeah, right. That makes a lot of sense.

But I'm a troll for suggesting it...:rolleyes:

Pudge
09-02-2013, 03:00 PM
You say we have unrealistic expectations, any non biased fan realizes we have a team that COULD take us to a superbowl. Our chances are greater than most teams. In my opinion the patriots have the same odds. We don't have unreal expectations. We have high hopes

Davii
09-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Hey, I took a lot of abuse for my POV. I ought to be able to defend myself and prove I had a valid point.

And, may I also point out, there were over 170 comments on that thread, so obviously it stimulated interest......a lot of members must have enjoyed the topic, regardless of whether they agreed or not. Sorry you didn't, too.

So now the media AND the Broncos' front office have great expectations for the team this season......but the fans do not, of course..? :confused: Yeah, right. That makes a lot of sense.

But I'm a troll for suggesting it...:rolleyes:

Thread moved to Smack. You are now free to troll in this thread until you're content.

Mr Bojangles
09-02-2013, 03:58 PM
You say we have unrealistic expectations, any non biased fan realizes we have a team that COULD take us to a superbowl. Our chances are greater than most teams. In my opinion the patriots have the same odds. We don't have unreal expectations. We have high hopes

Pudge, I hesitate to argue with you since certain individuals view anything I post as a trolling campaign, but I think you are mixing up a couple of different comments I made in this thread. I never said you had "unrealistic" expectations regarding the SB or anything else. I was simply cautioning against getting too swept up in the Welker signing and imagining that he was going to contribute the same type of numbers that he has for the last five years in NE where he was THE go-to guy among the WRs. And that with Denver's solid duo, he shouldn't be expected to contribute the same. That, I believe was the only thing I said was unrealistic.

Let me repeat...that Welker would contribute as much as he had in NE, or that the grand total of the Denver passing attack would increase by such a factor, was unrealistic, IMHO....and I stand by that. With the buzz about that signing throughout the media, and know as we know apparently among the Broncos' front office, it is not unreasonable (or trollish!) to suggest that expectations are running high.

Call it high hopes if you like, but we both know that's just splitting hairs.

Pudge
09-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't expect him to post the same numbers, with three receivers who are real threats. But I expect our passing game to be scary with another receiver like Welker. Way more intimidating than last year

Davii
09-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't expect him to post the same numbers, with three receivers who are real threats. But I expect our passing game to be scary with another receiver like Welker. Way more intimidating than last year

Pudge,

That avatar is top notch my friend.

Signed,

Men everywhere

Pudge
09-02-2013, 04:43 PM
I think it would be awesome to bring to the tailgate, but at 45 mph on the flats and a lot slower up the hills it would take me a month to drive there lol

Dapper Dan
09-02-2013, 08:08 PM

I thought I should bring this post back up, since you claim this is the argument.

Signing Welker does not guarantee a Super Bowl. Who said that? Who are these fans you're talking about? Where in the new article you posted does it say that the FO guarantees a Super Bowl? You make stupid assumptions and you can't back them up. The Broncos FO and the Broncos fanbase as a whole do not guarantee a Super Bowl because we signed Welker. You act like an ass because fans are excited about the addition of Welker. Sorry, but I believe he's an upgrade of Brandon Stokley. Maybe you don't believe so, I don't know.

Mr Bojangles
09-02-2013, 09:58 PM
I thought I should bring this post back up, since you claim this is the argument.

Signing Welker does not guarantee a Super Bowl. Who said that? Who are these fans you're talking about? Where in the new article you posted does it say that the FO guarantees a Super Bowl? You make stupid assumptions and you can't back them up. The Broncos FO and the Broncos fanbase as a whole do not guarantee a Super Bowl because we signed Welker. You act like an ass because fans are excited about the addition of Welker. Sorry, but I believe he's an upgrade of Brandon Stokley. Maybe you don't believe so, I don't know.

Actually, I have already said that he was an upgrade. You must have missed that part.

Let me see if I understand your position. It appears that, to you, unless someone pulls a Rex Ryan and proclaims this in those exact words or paraphrased, then I have made a "stupid assumption" about their expectations. Yet all of us routinely convey a point or idea or opinion "in so many words" and leave it up the other guy to interpolate. For instance, when someone refers to NE as the Cheatriots, we know they are actually saying 'those dirty, rotten scumbags", in so many words. Same as when I might say "Peyton has experienced a few bumps along the road to the SB", you would assume I am saying he's done more choking than the Boston Strangler....in so many words.

See the point?

Now, speaking of expectations, here's one I don't have. I don't expect to change anyone's mind around here. I believe that too many of you just refuse to consider the opinion of an opposing fan, and if I were to declare that I thought the Moon was NOT made of cream cheese, you'd disagree.

Dapper Dan
09-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Actually, I have already said that he was an upgrade. You must have missed that part.

Let me see if I understand your position. It appears that, to you, unless someone pulls a Rex Ryan and proclaims this in those exact words or paraphrased, then I have made a "stupid assumption" about their expectations. Yet all of us routinely convey a point or idea or opinion "in so many words" and leave it up the other guy to interpolate. For instance, when someone refers to NE as the Cheatriots, we know they are actually saying 'those dirty, rotten scumbags", in so many words. Same as when I might say "Peyton has experienced a few bumps along the road to the SB", you would assume I am saying he's done more choking than the Boston Strangler....in so many words.

See the point?

Now, speaking of expectations, here's one I don't have. I don't expect to change anyone's mind around here. I believe that too many of you just refuse to consider the opinion of an opposing fan, and if I were to declare that I thought the Moon was NOT made of cream cheese, you'd disagree.

So your point is that since the Broncos goal is to win the Super Bowl that their expectations are too high and should aim lower?

Canmore
09-02-2013, 10:09 PM
So your point is that since the Broncos goal is to win the Super Bowl that their expectations are too high and should aim lower?

Sorry I think our aim is just fine, :D:D:D

Canmore
09-02-2013, 10:17 PM

Sorry I think our aim is just fine, :D:D:D

Mr Bojangles
09-02-2013, 10:41 PM

HAHA....Whatever. :rolleyes:

I'd love to know the inner workings of any mind that could arrive at that conclusion, from what I've said. :confused:

BroncoWave
09-02-2013, 10:45 PM
I'd love to know the inner workings of any mind

I bet you do!

Dapper Dan
09-02-2013, 11:06 PM
HAHA....Whatever. :rolleyes:

I'd love to know the inner workings of any mind that could arrive at that conclusion, from what I've said. :confused:

You act like you want to be taken seriously, not like a troll. So don't laugh, roll your eyes, and act so superior. Just because you don't know how to explain your position doesn't mean everyone else has a reading comprehension problem.

You've stated your opinion is that Broncos fans have too high of expectations. You have said those expectations are a guaranteed Super Bowl. You've produced nothing that supports that. Yes, we have high expectations. We assume the FO is pushing for a Super Bowl. No one is assuming the Broncos will win, but that's what we are hoping for. Why wouldn't we? The Patriots FO is pushing for a Super Bowl and the fans are hoping for such. Why wouldn't they?

I'm trying to figure out what you think our expectations should be. Please explain.

chazoe60
09-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Hey wait, the moon is made of cream cheese? I'm gonna open a bagel shop on the moon.

Mr Bojangles
09-03-2013, 09:22 AM
You act like you want to be taken seriously, not like a troll. So don't laugh, roll your eyes, and act so superior. Just because you don't know how to explain your position doesn't mean everyone else has a reading comprehension problem.

You've stated your opinion is that Broncos fans have too high of expectations.No I didn't....not even close. Where did you get that? Read my opening comment again. You have said those expectations are a guaranteed Super Bowl.My second comment in this thread should put that bold accusation into perspective for you. You've produced nothing that supports that.I refer you to post # 185, because if you think I am going to wade thru the entire Forum since last May, looking for specific comments, you really have no solid idea just how lazy I am! Yes, we have high expectations. Now, that's really interesting, since your earlier comment (post # 3) vehemently denied and disavowed the idea that you harbored ANY expectations at all! Perhaps now you can understand the reason I might laugh and roll my eyes! We assume the FO is pushing for a Super Bowl. No one is assuming the Broncos will win, but that's what we are hoping for. Why wouldn't we? The Patriots FO is pushing for a Super Bowl and the fans are hoping for such. Why wouldn't they?

I'm trying to figure out what you think our expectations should be. Please explain.

Laughing and rolling the eyes is not acting superior! It is an indication of my frustration with your off the wall comments.

First of all, I have explained at least twice already, but you seem to ignore those comments and then try to put words in my mouth by claiming I said such and such. See above....I didn't make those statements.

Quite frankly, I don't know what you're trying to argue here, but at least have the good graces to quote me accurately.

Dapper Dan
09-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Laughing and rolling the eyes is not acting superior! It is an indication of my frustration with your off the wall comments.

First of all, I have explained at least twice already, but you seem to ignore those comments and then try to put words in my mouth by claiming I said such and such. See above....I didn't make those statements.

Quite frankly, I don't know what you're trying to argue here, but at least have the good graces to quote me accurately.

I only quoted you once. That's it. I'm not going to read through every page and find every post. I read the first page and quoted your exact post. Instead of the last several posts, you could have reiterated whatever you point is exactly. I've asked you. You instead want me to read through and come up with what I think your point is. You keep avoiding that simple request.

What is the point you're trying to make?

That's all.

NightTrainLayne
09-03-2013, 12:46 PM

Arguments...?

Dear Mr Bojangles,

You started a thread which made 3 obvious points.

1. Adding Welker won't mean another 122 receptions and 1000+ yards receiving for the Denver Offense.

2. Manning would have to average 55-60 passes per game or throw for 5,700 yards to do this, and that's not likely.

3. Welker's production will likely fall dramatically as he becomes a part of a different offense where he is no longer the primary receiver.

Then you left a question, "Arugments...?"

For about 13 pages now, the vast majority of posts have de facto answered, "No, no arguments". But you have proceeded to argue that we do have an argument with your position despite our protests, and even our agreement with your statements vis-a-vis Welker.

I submit that it is you that would argue with us if we informed you that the moon was not made of cream cheese.

Mr Bojangles
09-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Dear Mr Bojangles,

You started a thread which made 3 obvious points.

1. Adding Welker won't mean another 122 receptions and 1000+ yards receiving for the Denver Offense.

2. Manning would have to average 55-60 passes per game or throw for 5,700 yards to do this, and that's not likely.

3. Welker's production will likely fall dramatically as he becomes a part of a different offense where he is no longer the primary receiver.

Then you left a question, "Arugments...?"

For about 13 pages now, the vast majority of posts have de facto answered, "No, no arguments". But you have proceeded to argue that we do have an argument with your position despite our protests, and even our agreement with your statements vis-a-vis Welker.

I submit that it is you that would argue with us if we informed you that the moon was not made of cream cheese.

Well, you were doing a very good job of recapping my original comment, though I would add to #3 that I also suggested that if WW did approach those numbers, he would most likely only do it by cannibalizing Decker and Thomas.

From there though, I think you must have taken off in that rocket to the Moon, if those thirteen pages of comments struck you as "No, no arguments". But I do think it is interesting how we can all read the same thing, yet come away with such disparate interpretations.

MOtorboat
09-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Mr. Bojangles sure tackled that strawman like a champ, didn't he!

GEM
09-05-2013, 02:21 AM
How in the flying **** did this thread reach 14 pages?? Waste of bandwidth.

Mr Bojangles
09-05-2013, 11:36 AM
How in the flying **** did this thread reach 14 pages?? Waste of bandwidth.

Well.... I was a little surprised, too, since it's been up for almost a month and has only generated 14 pages!

But, to answer your question... first you pick an interesting topic, then sprinkle in a little controversy, season it with a bit of audacity, put it in the oven and then just let it stew! :D

Waste of bandswidth..? :confused:

Does this mean that I won't be getting a "Thank You for all your wonderful contributions to our Forums" from the Admin and/or Mods, anytime soon?

GEM
09-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Well.... I was a little surprised, too, since it's been up for almost a month and has only generated 14 pages!

But, to answer your question... first you pick an interesting topic, then sprinkle in a little controversy, season it with a bit of audacity, put it in the oven and then just let it stew! :D

Waste of bandswidth..? :confused:

Does this mean that I won't be getting a "Thank You for all your wonderful contributions to our Forums" from the Admin and/or Mods, anytime soon?

How the **** would I know. I didn't send that to you as a mod, posted it as a poster.

And to answer my own question....how did this heaping pile of dog shit reach 14 pages.....everyone fed the Pansy troll...:D

BroncoNut
09-05-2013, 12:52 PM
I think you are great Mr Bo!!!!! Me likely a lot in fact!!!!!

NUT :::::::::::: )------ ----- Mr. Bo

Poet
09-05-2013, 01:00 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

chazoe60
09-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Hey King, I see that the Bengals are a hot pick to make it to the AFCCG. Obviously your fanbase is stupid and doesn't understand the game. Get over yourselves, don't you know that the only team great enough to have high expectations is the mighty New England Patriots?

Poet
09-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Hey King, I see that the Bengals are a hot pick to make it to the AFCCG. Obviously your fanbase is stupid and doesn't understand the game. Get over yourselves, don't you know that the only team great enough to have high expectations is the mighty New England Patriots?

Haha. I like this post because it shames Jangles.

The Bengals are overrated. God, I haven't had to say that in a long, long time.