PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning eager for Broncos to face 49ers in preseason opener

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning said he isn't sure how much he and the other starters will play on Thursday when the team opens the preseason at San Francisco, but he is looking forward to the first opportunity to play another team.

"I think all the players are looking forward to going up against a different colored jersey," Manning said after practice Tuesday. "There's good familiarity between the Broncos' offense and the Broncos' defense. To go up against a good team like the 49ers, it'll be a good test for us."

The banged-up Broncos took the field Tuesday morning for their final practice before the team's first preseason game at San Francisco.

rest - some things from today's training camp
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23804570/orlando-franklin-jacob-tamme-held-out-broncos-practice

G_Money
08-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Strap into your protective bubble wrap, Peyton! Look forward to playing all you want, just make sure you spring off the turf like a super ball if anybody touches you...

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm looking forward to the game. Yes it's just preseason and the starters won't be out on the field for more than a series or two but it will fun to see all the new players and what they can do. I also look forward to seeing how much guys like Osweiler and J Thomas have grown over the past year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Let's just say I'm glad it's not the regular season considering the state of our offensive line.

CrazyHorse
08-06-2013, 06:35 PM
An early preview of the Super Bowl.

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Let's just say I'm glad it's not the regular season considering the state of our offensive line.

I don't know if it's really that bad. If this line can run block effectively that will take some of the pressure off the pass blocking.

DenBronx
08-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Still debating on going to this game or not because its only about 1 1/2 hours away.

Going to cost me a ticket plus pay for another friend or two, parking, beer, food, more and more beer, bay area traffic all the way home and I only get to see our first team a series or two.

Or stay home and watch it in HD???

DenBronx
08-06-2013, 11:49 PM
An early preview of the Super Bowl.

I bet there will be some suprises in the NFC this year. I would love to get revenge on the 49ers though.

Dapper Dan
08-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Still debating on going to this game or not because its only about 1 1/2 hours away.

Going to cost me a ticket plus pay for another friend or two, parking, beer, food, more and more beer, bay area traffic all the way home and I only get to see our first team a series or two.

Or stay home and watch it in HD???

I've only been to 1 preseason game. I'll never go back, unless the ticket is free.

Ziggy
08-07-2013, 09:39 AM
This team is so deep that I'm actually looking forward to the first preseason game. Guys like Oz, Montee, Kayvon, Sly, Bradley, Irving, King, Julius, CJ Anderson, Nacho, Painter, Malik, Pot Roast, and the like should get plenty of playing time tomorrow night. This is where the Chris Harris, Rod Smith, and Tony Carter's of the world go from being an unknown to making the team and starting a career. Can't wait.

MasterShake
08-07-2013, 12:36 PM
This team is so deep that I'm actually looking forward to the first preseason game. Guys like Oz, Montee, Kayvon, Sly, Bradley, Irving, King, Julius, CJ Anderson, Nacho, Painter, Malik, Pot Roast, and the like should get plenty of playing time tomorrow night. This is where the Chris Harris, Rod Smith, and Tony Carter's of the world go from being an unknown to making the team and starting a career. Can't wait.

Totally agree. Every season just before training camp I kind of dread having to sit through the preseason. Then I end up watching the Hall of Fame game and getting sucked back into football no matter what form it takes. This year more than most it is especially interesting to see some position battles for the Broncos. The last time I wanted to see a backup was when Timmy played just to see what the fuss was about.

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 12:43 PM

Exactly. The game in and of it's might not be all that exciting see the new guys.

Btw do we have two Kayvon's on the team or do you just really like Kayvon? :D