PDA

View Full Version : The get to know army bronco thread

Pudge
08-06-2013, 12:11 AM
I seem to agree with you most the time, and I'd like to know a little more about you. I don't read all the threads so maybe you have already addressed these questions.

Where are you from?
Where are you stationed?
What is your favorite hobby?

I know a new guy creating a thread like this is a little weird

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 03:25 AM
Lol, I'm from Puerto Rico. Most of my free time is spent playing with my kids either at the park , swimming , or hauling them on my bike. Living on a military base is very kid friendly. When they are sleeping I spend time with my wife, lift weights in my garage, or running and riding my road bike. I used to spend all my free time training in martial arts but then I went to ROTC and then my first son was born. My current military job is not as exciting as my past jobs but I need to round my skills out. It can't all be tactical action packed jobs. Someone has to be behind the scenes and manage the budget and equipment. That's what I've been doing for the last 12 months. I do miss the fun stuff, makes for great stories.

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 03:43 AM
What's your favorite color?

sneakers
08-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Do you like pancakes or waffles better?

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 07:58 AM
What's your favorite color? Black, though I know its more of a shade. If I have to pick any actual color...blue and orange.

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Do you like pancakes or waffles better? Pancakes with a lot of syrup.

WTE
08-06-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm having a bagel w/ strawberry jam right now. Strawberry jam is my favorite. How about you Army Bronco? What is your favorite jam?

SR
08-06-2013, 08:21 AM
If anyone wants AB's phone number, ask Davii.

BroncoJoe
08-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Can a US Citizen travel to Puerto Rico without a passport?

Dreadnought
08-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Normally we do "Get to Know" threads in the Lounge, but AB doesn't frequent that so far. Too bad, as he has crazy mad potential and has quickly become a favorite of mine - and as such I endorse Pudge's idea of starting it here.

AB, don't fear the Lounge. Its not actually weirdos* sexting each other or anything, just a place where language and content rules are looser.

* Bronconut excepted

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Are you the type of officer to suck dick to get where you're going or are you the type to take care of your troops well?

Dreadnought
08-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Are you the type of officer to suck dick to get where you're going or are you the type to take care of your troops well?

He was an E-7 before going to OCS

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 08:44 AM
He was an E-7 before going to OCS

That pretty much answers it :2thumbs:

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm having a bagel w/ strawberry jam right now. Strawberry jam is my favorite. How about you Army Bronco? What is your favorite jam? I don't like jam. Don't really like the texture.

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 09:17 AM
If anyone wants AB's phone number, ask Davii.here it is (520) 867-5309

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Can a US Citizen travel to Puerto Rico without a passport?...lol we are US Citizens. No passports required unless you are not a US citizen and we use US currency. Though when I was in highschool , a bank teller initially did not want to cash a check for me because it was from a PRican bank. I guess we are being discriminated against. The man is keeping us down!!

BroncoJoe
08-06-2013, 09:23 AM
...lol we are US Citizens. No passports required unless you are not a US citizen and we use US currency. Though when I was in highschool , a bank teller initially did not want to cash a check for me because it was from a PRican bank. I guess we are being discriminated against. The man is keeping us down!!

That's what I figured, but wasn't sure if traveling there required a passport.

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 09:27 AM
...lol we are US Citizens. No passports required unless you are not a US citizen and we use US currency. Though when I was in highschool , a bank teller initially did not want to cash a check for me because it was from a PRican bank. I guess we are being discriminated against. The man is keeping us down!!

That's what I figured, but wasn't sure if traveling there required a passport.No but a bullet proof vest is.

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Normally we do "Get to Know" threads in the Lounge, but AB doesn't frequent that so far. Too bad, as he has crazy mad potential and has quickly become a favorite of mine - and as such I endorse Pudge's idea of starting it here.

AB, don't fear the Lounge. Its not actually weirdos* sexting each other or anything, just a place where language and content rules are looser.

* Bronconut excepted I post from my phone so I haven't looked into all the options. Plus the man is keeping me down. ....as I yell "Sort of brown power!"

PatriotsGuy
08-06-2013, 09:54 AM
here it is (520) 867-5309

Oh Jenny, you sly vixen.

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Are you the type of officer to suck dick to get where you're going or are you the type to take care of your troops well?Just saw this...hahaha. I'm actually the XO for a company that I was an acting 1SG for back in 09.

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 10:36 AM
I tried internet stalking you. All I found was this. Shocking. I feel bad for the guy. The whole thing seems odd. I can't believe the guy got charged with manslaughter.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/05/captain-charged-with-manslaughter-after-leaving-lieutenant-unattended-in-parked-car/
Captain Charged With Manslaughter After Leaving Lieutenant Unattended In Parked Car

Capt. Rick Halset, 30, was apprehended after his Executive Officer, Lt. Carl Higgs, 26, was found dead, still locked inside the vehicle.
Higgs was apparently left in the car outside the post exchange (PX) while Halset went inside to grab a few things. “I told him I’d be right back, I didn’t think I needed to leave the car running, I really only meant to be gone a minute,” said an obviously distraught Halset.

Bystanders reported the lieutenant had locked himself in the car with the windows up in the blistering Arizona sun. By the time Halset had returned, Higgs had suffered a heat stroke and passed away before base EMS could respond.

SR
08-06-2013, 10:40 AM
here it is (520) 867-5309

Well shit. That foiled my plan. Don't ask what my plan is. I'm just an E-6.

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Well shit. That foiled my plan. Don't ask what my plan is. I'm just an E-6.

As soon as you find out what the plan is, let me know so I can carry it out. I'm an E-4.

Just kidding. I'm out. Find someone else to do your dirty work. :lol:

Army Bronco
08-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I tried internet stalking you. All I found was this. Shocking. I feel bad for the guy. The whole thing seems odd. I can't believe the guy got charged with manslaughter.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/05/captain-charged-with-manslaughter-after-leaving-lieutenant-unattended-in-parked-car/
Captain Charged With Manslaughter After Leaving Lieutenant Unattended In Parked Car

Capt. Rick Halset, 30, was apprehended after his Executive Officer, Lt. Carl Higgs, 26, was found dead, still locked inside the vehicle.
Higgs was apparently left in the car outside the post exchange (PX) while Halset went inside to grab a few things. “I told him I’d be right back, I didn’t think I needed to leave the car running, I really only meant to be gone a minute,” said an obviously distraught Halset.

Bystanders reported the lieutenant had locked himself in the car with the windows up in the blistering Arizona sun. By the time Halset had returned, Higgs had suffered a heat stroke and passed away before base EMS could respond.
You won't find much on me on the internet. I don't have a Facebook.

slim
08-06-2013, 01:47 PM

* Bronconut excepted

I like how he bitch slaps Bosco around in the Politics forum.

Pudge
08-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Lol, I'm from Puerto Rico. Most of my free time is spent playing with my kids either at the park , swimming , or hauling them on my bike. Living on a military base is very kid friendly. When they are sleeping I spend time with my wife, lift weights in my garage, or running and riding my road bike. I used to spend all my free time training in martial arts but then I went to ROTC and then my first son was born. My current military job is not as exciting as my past jobs but I need to round my skills out. It can't all be tactical action packed jobs. Someone has to be behind the scenes and manage the budget and equipment. That's what I've been doing for the last 12 months. I do miss the fun stuff, makes for great stories.

What type of road bike to you have? I bought a Harley sportster a few months ago and I love it. I've been spending all my free time working on my unimog here lately so I haven't even been in a ride in a month

Pudge
08-07-2013, 11:06 PM
I post from my phone so I haven't looked into all the options. Plus the man is keeping me down. ....as I yell "Sort of brown power!"

Also I post from my phone and tned was able to opt me into all the forums seeing as I'm not smart enough to do it myself

Army Bronco
08-07-2013, 11:45 PM

What type of road bike to you have? I bought a Harley sportster a few months ago and I love it. I've been spending all my free time working on my unimog here lately so I haven't even been in a ride in a monthIm sorry, not a motorcycle a bicycle..lol instead of a mountain bike I have a road bike. Its a Trek.

Pudge
08-07-2013, 11:47 PM
My bad! You seem like an alright guy, you should make it to a tailgate

Davii
08-08-2013, 12:54 AM

Yes, he should. However, he should make it to Vegas first.

Army Bronco
08-08-2013, 01:38 AM

Yes, he should. However, he should make it to Vegas first.Lol dude..I wish on both counts but im in Southern Arizona. Literally 30 mins from the border and like 9 hours driving to vegas. We do have to meet up sometime, hopefully at a Broncos home game....or Afghanistan. Just kidding.

Dapper Dan
08-08-2013, 02:44 AM
Lol dude..I wish on both counts but im in Southern Arizona. Literally 30 mins from the border and like 9 hours driving to vegas. We do have to meet up sometime, hopefully at a Broncos home game....or Afghanistan. Just kidding.

I'm probably going to plan a trip to Kayenta and Phoenix, probably during Spring Break.

SR
08-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Yes, he should. However, he should make it to Vegas first.

This

SR
08-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Lol dude..I wish on both counts but im in Southern Arizona. Literally 30 mins from the border and like 9 hours driving to vegas. We do have to meet up sometime, hopefully at a Broncos home game....or Afghanistan. Just kidding.

I've driven from Phoenix to Vegas in three hours and ten minutes. You can make it from ft Huachuca to Vegas in six and a half hours.