PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Scrimmage 8-3

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 05:30 PM
some preliminary stuff:

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones

On tour of stadium - here's good news. Sprint, t-mobile, Verizon and now AT & T (being installed now) have enhanced cell service at SAFMH.
Retweeted by Tom Helmer

Tom Helmer ‏@Tom_Helmer

New scoreboard in south endzone pic.twitter.com/aktFoztdXi
View photo

Control room was designed by Sony and the new scoreboard should increase fans enjoyment of games. Better highlights, replays, etc.

Control room for new scoreboard at Mile High. pic.twitter.com/VcHXijGpfN
View photo

Crowd already lined up at Mile High. Gates open at 5:00 for #Broncos pic.twitter.com/omwUFSd9pp
View photo

Omar C. Bolden ‏@Os_Island

Fan fest tonight downtown at the stadium... Who's attending? #BroncosUp
Retweeted by Tom Helmer

Derek Wolfe ‏@DerekWolfe95

A little food poisoning, all better now. Fan fest tonight! #BroncosCountry
Retweeted by Tom Helmer

Ziggy
08-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Sitting on the lower level 25 yard line waiting to get this party started.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Sitting on the lower level 25 yard line waiting to get this party started.

Heads up - bad weather could be heading that way - coming in from north - some areas north reporting softball, golfball size hail

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 07:09 PM

Another missed opportunity for Peyton Manning to reenact the SNL skit. But seriously, this kid's life… http://instagram.com/p/ckgd8zhwXE/

True story RT @RSH089: Kenny Chesney the root cause of many problems afflicting the NFL right now.

He was in Canton on Friday, returning to Denver today RT @BroncoFan11: Is Elway at the scrimmage or at the HOF?

Grass is in pretty good shape here, except for the far south end - behind the end zone and corners. Thank Kenny Chesney for that damage.

More good news: a brew pup and a Colorado craft beer area opening this year at mile high.

So Tennessee's board is slightly smaller. So broncos will be behind only the Texas teams.

The new video board at Mile High is pretty sweet. Only stadiums with bigger are Dallas, Tennessee and… http://instagram.com/p/ckVnZ0Bwf8/

Army Bronco
08-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Sitting on the lower level 25 yard line waiting to get this party started.Please take pictures.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

mac freeman and stadium tv tour http://www.tout.com/m/ax3m2l?ref=tw5suuxu …

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 07:37 PM

This sky..... Yikes #nofilter pic.twitter.com/kwhQjYclJm
View photo

Von Miller pre-scrimmage. @ Sports Authority Field At Mile High Parking Lot http://instagram.com/p/ckiPwUBwaz/

tubby
08-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Of course it's WAVE time!

tubby
08-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Goalpost looks crisp. They really pop.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 07:51 PM

No filter here, the sky really is that dark. @ Sports Authority Field At Mile High Parking Lot http://instagram.com/p/cklOe0hwRe/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 07:54 PM

Players have been pulled off the field. Some nasty thunder clouds all around Mile High. @ Sports… http://instagram.com/p/ckmD3yBwTK/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1m

Broncos tight end Joel Dreessen waiting out the lightning delay. Scrimmage has been pushed back 30… http://instagram.com/p/cknC_ihwVV/

Nomad
08-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Curious...why is Kenny Chesney a root problem for the NFL?

spikerman
08-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Curious...why is Kenny Chesney a root problem for the NFL?

Because the Riley Cooper thing happened at a Kenny Chesney concert and a part of the Mile High turf is torn up because of his concert.

Nomad
08-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Because the Riley Cooper thing happened at a Kenny Chesney concert and a part of the Mile High turf is torn up because of his concert.

I did not know this.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 08:21 PM

Fans rush the field in the monsoon, are promptly tackled by security http://instagram.com/p/ckoTGLBwYp/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 08:25 PM

These Broncos got tired of waiting. A dozen of them ran out to play in the rain. @ Sports Authority… http://instagram.com/p/ckppSWBwbr/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 3m

Scrimmage will start in 5 mins. #Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2m

I don't have video of it, but word is Peyton slip-and-slided. The grass stains on his pants make me… http://instagram.com/p/ckrvNQhwQB/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 08:45 PM

Scrimmage is about to go down. http://instagram.com/p/ckr_BlBwQZ/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 25s

Doesn't sound like they will really do much scrimmaging here. Field is too wet. Team going through some individual drills now.

MasterShake
08-03-2013, 08:55 PM
This is the first one I missed since it started, but kinda glad I did... Thanks for the updates Carol!

Softskull
08-03-2013, 08:56 PM
I've been waiting since the Raven's walked off our field victorious. They better get out there.

cmc0605
08-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Anything play-by-play online?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 3m

Before the monsoon, there were 44,439 fans here for Broncos scrimmage. Don't blame those who left, kudos to those who stayed.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 7m

Two horns sound, signaling the end of scrimmage. And right on cue it stops raining

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

All 3 units got 12 plays

Dyserts 3 completioons in drive leads to matt prater fg

Zac dysert throwing well

No 3 vs no3 now

No 1 off scores 7 on no 2 defense

No 1 d stopped osweiler no 2 off

Manning wearing gloves in rain finishes 10 play drive with 4 yd td pass to demaryius thomas

It's confirmed: Peyton Manning did two running bellyflops on the soggy Mile High turf.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 09:45 PM

Manning on his pre-scrimmage slip n slide. An ode to Bull Durham. http://instagram.com/p/ckywgCBweO/

GEM
08-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Wait 2.5 hours to get in gates. Wait 2 hours 4 rows in on east side 50 yard line.Stand through 1.5 hours of rain dancing my ass off. 45 minutes of play. Shit ton of fun!! :D

Davii
08-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Wait 2.5 hours to get in gates. Wait 2 hours 4 rows in on east side 50 yard line.Stand through 1.5 hours of rain dancing my ass off. 45 minutes of play. Shit ton of fun!! :D

Damn Gem, you definitely know how to make me wish I were there!

SR
08-03-2013, 10:13 PM

Army Bronco wants to open mouth kiss you

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 10:14 PM

Manning said Bill Parcells' speech made him, "proud to play football." PM sent Parcells a text to say congrats + that team was watching.

During the rain delay, the Broncos watched the Hall of Fame ceremony in the locker room.

TXBRONC
08-03-2013, 10:16 PM
I would have loved to Manning doing belly flops in the rain.

GEM
08-03-2013, 10:24 PM
The belly flops got the crowds excited. Oz looked alright. D was. swarming his reps. 1st offense moved really good. Dysert looked real good

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2013, 10:26 PM
As rain poured down at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, it took a "Bull Durham" moment to get the Broncos on the field for the first time in the 2013 season.

During a 45-minute delay for severe weather, a number of the Broncos charged out onto the field in the pouring rain, sliding on the field and high-fiving fans.

"It sounded like we weren't going to be able to do it at all," quarterback Peyton Manning said. "We were talking about in 'Bull Durham,' when Kevin Costner slid at home plate. He was trying to get the game cancelled. We were just trying to do something during that time. I think that made Coach Fox put the scrimmage on."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23791546/broncos-scrimmage-delayed-by-severe-weather

Army Bronco
08-03-2013, 10:52 PM

Army Bronco wants to open mouth kiss youThats Hot!!!!

SR
08-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Thats Hot!!!!

I'm aware. I thought it up. But fraternization....

Army Bronco
08-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Thats Hot!!!!

I'm aware. I thought it up. But fraternization.... Not in the same unit. No one will know.

GEM
08-03-2013, 11:18 PM

Have to make the best of it. :)
I'd like to see some after scrimmage tweets from players.

Army Bronco
08-03-2013, 11:38 PM

Have to make the best of it. :)
I'd like to see some after scrimmage tweets from players.How did Montee and Nacho look? Were they 1st or 2nd team?

GEM
08-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Montee looked alright. couple of times he ran right into the line. didn't check out nacho. hillman looked pretty good.

Army Bronco
08-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Montee looked alright. couple of times he ran right into the line. didn't check out nacho. hillman looked pretty good.Looks like hillman has improved drastically. I'm glad.

Ziggy
08-04-2013, 12:43 AM
That was the best scrimmage yet. Brought the RV down 2 1/2 hours early and grilled some brats and burgers. We got seats at the 25ish, just under the overhang on the first level. The rain was pouring, everyone thought it was going to be cancelled, and out comes Knowshon to play in the rain. After him, some other players followed. They went back in and then most of the team came out. They were all doing belly slides around mid field. A little while later, they announced that the team was coming out in 5 minutes to scrimmage and the crowd that was left went ballistic. Short scrimmage, but well worth the trip. Great day.

Ziggy
08-04-2013, 12:46 AM
How did Montee and Nacho look? Were they 1st or 2nd team?

Nacho started with Rahim as the first team safeties. He played very well. Montee took the second set of downs with the first team. He runs strong, but there wasn't much in the way of daylight. Hillman looked very good.

GEM
08-04-2013, 01:27 AM
Ziggy, what did you think of Dysert? I thought he looked better than Oz. Real comfortable in the pocket, had a nice tuck and run when a play broke down. I was impressed with him. Oz was pretty blah.

GEM
08-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Team made up for short scrimmage by more fan interaction. Manning spent 15 minutes at the start signing autographs 1 section away from us and all the players signed stuff after. Saw a lit of players avoid signing Jerseys. Thought it was weird.

And Welker... is the shit!

Army Bronco
08-04-2013, 01:35 AM
How did Montee and Nacho look? Were they 1st or 2nd team?

Nacho started with Rahim as the first team safeties. He played very well. Montee took the second set of downs with the first team. He runs strong, but there wasn't much in the way of daylight. Hillman looked very good. With Moore? ...wow. I would have thought Q Jammer was moved to safety. It would be fun to yell Nachooooooooooo when he gets an INT...lol Nothing against Moore but I thought Adams was a sure thing apparently not.

silkamilkamonico
08-04-2013, 02:00 AM
dysert had absolutely no immediate pressure in his face. oz had 2+ defenders behind the los before he even set up.

didnt see nothing from jthomas or moreno not sure they even played.

moreno was the first one out and last one in when that early group came out to play in rain. really hope he makes team.

great first experience ever in denver stadium

Ziggy
08-04-2013, 02:04 AM
dysert had absolutely no immediate pressure in his face. oz had 2+ defenders behind the los before he even set up.

didnt see nothing from jthomas or moreno not sure they even played.

moreno was the first one out and last one in when that early group came out to play in rain. really hope he makes team.

great first experience ever in denver stadium

Silk if you didn't see anything from Thomas then you weren't watching him block. He dominated at the line of scrimmage today. Watching his blocking in camp the other day and in the scrimmage today, I see tons of improvement in that area of his game. Moreno won me over today. He was all about the fans. I have to root for a guy like that. He played with the second team offense. Glad to see you got out to the stadium and stayed through the rain. There weren't many of us that did.

Ziggy
08-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Ziggy, what did you think of Dysert? I thought he looked better than Oz. Real comfortable in the pocket, had a nice tuck and run when a play broke down. I was impressed with him. Oz was pretty blah.

Dysert had a good day. His passes were crisp and accurate, and he ran well. Silk has a great point though. He was playing against the 3rd team D and had no pressure. Oz was playing against the first team D and would have been sacked at least twice by Von and once on another play. I can't wait for Thursday's game. Those 2 should get most of the snaps.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2013, 08:19 AM
John Elway pulled his truck into Sports Authority Field at Mile High about the time former Green Bay Packers linebacker Dave Robinson was wrapping up his Hall of Fame induction speech in Canton, Ohio.

The world moves fast, and Elway keeps up by not living in the past. The NFL wanted to mark its 50-year anniversary of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Elway was encouraged to attend the event. He split the difference.

Elway the former Broncos quarterback arrived in Canton just in time to attend the Ray Nitschke lunch Friday, which is when the returning Hall of Fame members welcome the new induction class into their fraternity. He then was introduced at the Gold Jacket dinner Friday night.

rest - things from scrimmage - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23791830/out-past

Tned
08-04-2013, 08:31 AM

Damn, you da man!!!! (well, you know what I mean)

Ziggy
08-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Players that shined-

Kevin Vickerson- He's just being a big bad bully out there. Fun to watch.

Julius Thomas- His blocking was dominant. They kept him in at the line for the most part, and he looked like Dreesen blocking out there. He put one defender (couldn't tell who) on his back on the first set of downs.

Nacho- He was flying around, making plays behind the line of scrimmage and in coverage.

Von Miller- Looks bigger, stronger, faster. Would have had 2 sacks in the 12 or so plays that the first team D was out there against the second team O.

Manning- Looks like the Manning of 5 years ago.

Hillman- Looked quick and decisive.

Dysert- Had no pressure and took advantage of it. Sharp passes and a good run.

Chris Harris- Strong in coverage playing outside.

Montee Ball- Runs strong when there is somewhere to run.

Tavarres King- Knows how to get open, and looks lightning fast out there.

CJ Anderson- Runs hard and makes defenders pay for every tackle.

Demaryius Thomas- He looks more like Calvin Johnson every time I see him.

Wes Welker- You can't stop him. You can only hope to contain him. Once the timing with Manning gets there, watch out.

Players that Didn't-

Ramirez- Still looks lost at center.

Oz- Hard to blame him. He had pressure in his face on nearly every play.

Mike Adams- Running with the 2nd and 3rd team, and still not making plays.

Quinton Jammer- Running with 3rd team. Looks like this year's version of Drayton Florence right now.

Knighton- He's playing with the 2nd team for the most part and not dominating the line like I thought he would.

Other notes:

They had Nate Irving starting with both the first and second team defense. I expect that to continue during the early preseason games to get him reps.

Let's keep in mind that the 1st team offense was going against the 2nd team defense and vice versa. The first teams dominated, which is to be expected. It's hard to guage starters against backups.

The defensive line was being put through a ton of rotations. I didn't see anyone mention it, but Sealver Siliga actually started with the first team D line last night.

Chris Harris was playing DRC's spot on the outside to start the scrimmage.

Sylvester Williams did not play.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2013, 10:52 AM
DENVER -- Just before Saturday night's Summer Scrimmage was set to begin, the skies opened up.
Heavy rain continued to fall throughout the evening, but that didn't stop the Broncos from taking the field -- or dampen the enthusiasm of the 44,349 fans at Sports Authority Field.

"We were excited we got to get out there and really kind of deal with some elements that maybe we're not used to, and on top of that give the fans a little bit of a show," wide receiver Wes Welker said. "We appreciate them coming out in the rain and everything else, so we were glad we were able to get out there and show them a little something."

After a 40-minute delay, the Broncos got the session started with individual drills, and even that provided some excitement.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Rainy-Scrimmage-Proves-Productive/4f81c027-3f34-418c-8521-233d4b6e5f4b

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2013, 01:31 PM
http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/08/03/photos-denver-broncos-scrimmage-at-sports-authority-field-saturday-august-3-2013/