PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Risers and Fallers

LTC Pain
08-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Saw this at MHH and thought it was pretty interesting. A training camp perspective from other media members at TC.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-denver-broncos-training-camp/2013/8/2/4580872/denver-broncos-2013-training-camp-stock-report-up-down

tomjonesrocks
08-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Would love nothing more than Ihenacho to keep Rahim Moore on the bench (and soon off the team) where he belongs.

I guess McKee in the article likes what he's seeing from Moore but it's going to make me sick to see him on the field this season.

broncosfannum24
08-03-2013, 01:00 PM
A little harsh on The rahim comment, he improved alot last year, not his fault we lost but his mistakes didn't help either. He's a pretty good player.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-03-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm eager to watch Nacho. Will he give us flashbacks of Dawkins? That would be sweet.

Traveler
08-03-2013, 01:53 PM
If Nacho replaces anyone, it would likely be Adams. Word is he's not having a good camp.

TXBRONC
08-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Would love nothing more than Ihenacho to keep Rahim Moore on the bench (and soon off the team) where he belongs.

I guess McKee in the article likes what he's seeing from him but it's going to make me sick to see him on the field this season.

TJR it's highly unlikely Nacho is going replace Moore for two reason. One, Moore is having a good camp and two, Nacho plays the other safety position.

TXBRONC
08-03-2013, 02:34 PM
A little harsh on The rahim comment, he improved alot last year, not his fault we lost but his mistakes didn't help either. He's a pretty good player.

Neither did Robert Ayers mistake but that has gotten overlooked. He was in Flacco's line of sight and chose to pull a spin move that not gave Flacco a clear line of sight it also gave him room step up in the pocket to make the throw.

broncohead
08-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Its good to hear the young 4th and 5th WRs are stepping up. I was hoping to hear something good from the DL. Not good Beal isn't impressing

Jsteve01
08-03-2013, 06:13 PM
sheesh are we over the Rahim hate yet? The guy made a bad play. Let's scrap a kid who other than that played very well last year. it wasn't even an effort play. he just misplayed the freaking ball.

Dapper Dan
08-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Its good to hear the young 4th and 5th WRs are stepping up. I was hoping to hear something good from the DL. Not good Beal isn't impressing

Malik Jackson is a DLineman.

Dapper Dan
08-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Some negativity about Jacob Tamme. They say they aren't sure where he fits in now. He's been injured. Does this mean DRC will be rated with having a bad camp? I'm not saying what Julius is doing isn't great, but he needs to do it in a game too. Tamme has. We throw to the TE enough to where I think Tamme and JT get reps, along with Dreesen. They make Tamme sound like an odd man out, like he would get cut. That sounds like Green. I see no problem with keeping the 3 TEs, we kept 4 last year.

I like how the guy says Manny is having a bad camp. Not that he got demoted. Not that he's playing poorly. But simply because Denver signs a Center ever time one gets hurt. That's some deep analysis right there.

It's good to see that Malik Jackson, Rahim Moore, Duke Ihakjbklankan, and a few others are improving. We have some young guys that look promising. This FO seems to do a decent job of finding young talent, so far.

Simple Jaded
08-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Dicksmac? Might as well ask Willie B what he thinks, same background yet nowhere near as big of a douchebag.

tomjonesrocks
08-03-2013, 10:28 PM
sheesh are we over the Rahim hate yet? The guy made a bad play. Let's scrap a kid who other than that played very well last year. it wasn't even an effort play. he just misplayed the freaking ball.

No. Never. One of the most agonizing plays I have ever witnessed.

TXBRONC
08-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Some negativity about Jacob Tamme. They say they aren't sure where he fits in now. He's been injured. Does this mean DRC will be rated with having a bad camp? I'm not saying what Julius is doing isn't great, but he needs to do it in a game too. Tamme has. We throw to the TE enough to where I think Tamme and JT get reps, along with Dreesen. They make Tamme sound like an odd man out, like he would get cut. That sounds like Green. I see no problem with keeping the 3 TEs, we kept 4 last year.

I like how the guy says Manny is having a bad camp. Not that he got demoted. Not that he's playing poorly. But simply because Denver signs a Center ever time one gets hurt. That's some deep analysis right there.

It's good to see that Malik Jackson, Rahim Moore, Duke Ihakjbklankan, and a few others are improving. We have some young guys that look promising. This FO seems to do a decent job of finding young talent, so far.

I could see Denver cutting the tight end corps to three tight ends but I don't think it would be Tamme at least not this year. Like you said it sounds like Green is the odd man out.

Dapper Dan
08-03-2013, 10:33 PM
People hate Moore, yet loved Plummer. Plummer totally ****** up against the Steelers in the AFC Championship. He played like garbage. He played like old Jake Mistake. That was 100x more heartbreaking, to me, than anything Moore did.

Simple Jaded
08-03-2013, 10:48 PM
I bet Jake Plummer could at least knock that pass down.

Dapper Dan
08-03-2013, 10:55 PM
I bet Jake Plummer could at least knock that pass down.

If he tipped it, it still would have made it to the receiver's hands. Jake Mistake.

silkamilkamonico
08-03-2013, 11:02 PM
plunger shat down his leg that game, along with the entire defense that game.

mrbusinesz
08-04-2013, 07:27 AM
It wasn't Plummers fault shanny went away from calling bootlegs which was Plummers strength.

Dapper Dan
08-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Shannahan's play calling was Plummer's strength. He had nothing else.

atwater27
08-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Good lord. I don't want to hear about Plummer or Rahim's ill fated miscoverage. I want to hear about risers and fallers.

Jsteve01
08-04-2013, 07:11 PM
No. Never. One of the most agonizing plays I have ever witnessed.

well it's a good thing you're not the damn gm. I get the frustration with Rahim but to act as if he should be benched or cut because of it is hyperbole to the extreme. Guess we should have also gotten rid of Manning, and Champ seeing as they both had off nights.

TXBRONC
08-04-2013, 08:33 PM
People hate Moore, yet loved Plummer. Plummer totally ****** up against the Steelers in the AFC Championship. He played like garbage. He played like old Jake Mistake. That was 100x more heartbreaking, to me, than anything Moore did.

Like I said earlier Ayers made just as bad of a mistake on the same play. Giving Flacco a clear line sight to find his receiver is every bit as bad of mistake yet it has been overlooked.

TXBRONC
08-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Good lord. I don't want to hear about Plummer or Rahim's ill fated miscoverage. I want to hear about risers and fallers.

I like what I'm hearing about Julius Thomas, King, and Nacho.

Dzone
08-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Looks like we didnt need those two guys Matt Russel and the other dude, forget his name. The team has picked up some excellent free agents this summer as the need has arisen. We didnt need those two dui guys. Lets get rid of them LOL...no, better not get rid of russell because he will surely go to KC or oakland

Dapper Dan
08-04-2013, 09:05 PM

I woke up with a major riser and after I went to piss, it became a faller.

Dapper Dan
08-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Looks like we didnt need those two guys Matt Russel and the other dude, forget his name. The team has picked up some excellent free agents this summer as the need has arisen. We didnt need those two dui guys. Lets get rid of them LOL...no, better not get rid of russell because he will surely go to KC or oakland

Weren't they there all off season? They just got in trouble a few weeks ago.

Dzone
08-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Fallers-Tamme, Jammer, Adams,
Risers-J Thomas, King, Orton, Hillman, Trevathan, Ayers, Duke Nacho, Rahim, Manning

Ok, I just threw out a few names there for the sake of discussion. I dont know anymore than anyone, just what I hear and read.

Dzone
08-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Weren't they there all off season? They just got in trouble a few weeks ago.
Maybe they did all the work on bringing in the new FAs...but does it take a genius to look over the list of players? A member of the board could do that job LOL

Simple Jaded
08-04-2013, 09:52 PM
I woke up with a major riser and after I went to piss, it became a faller.

I have to fall before I can piss.

Jsteve01
08-04-2013, 10:33 PM
I have to fall before I can piss.

ok i don't normally go there but the worst is the morning piss where you have to lean over as far as you can to get some kind of angle. One hand for stability against the wall and the other for downward presser lol

Dapper Dan
08-04-2013, 10:36 PM
ok i don't normally go there but the worst is the morning piss where you have to lean over as far as you can to get some kind of angle. One hand for stability against the wall and the other for downward presser lol

That's what I usually do.

Simple Jaded
08-04-2013, 11:32 PM
That's the one exception to the "shake it more than twice" rule.

TXBRONC
08-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Fallers-Tamme, Jammer, Adams,
Risers-J Thomas, King, Orton, Hillman, Trevathan, Ayers, Duke Nacho, Rahim, Manning

Ok, I just threw out a few names there for the sake of discussion. I dont know anymore than anyone, just what I hear and read.

What have you heard about Ayers because last I heard was that he little banged and maybe not playing particularly well?

Dzone
08-05-2013, 10:39 AM
What have you heard about Ayers because last I heard was that he little banged and maybe not playing particularly well?
I dont know, maybe that is correct. I heard he was running with the 1s. Is he banged up?

Northman
08-05-2013, 11:15 AM
If Nacho replaces anyone, it would likely be Adams. Word is he's not having a good camp.

Adams, Tamme, and Green seem to be on the downfall right now

Northman
08-05-2013, 11:19 AM

Disagree. Both games and both players sucked when we needed them to play their best. But i will say i will give Moore more time as Jake was already a where he needed to be in terms of experience. But unfortunately Moore's play was far more heartbreaking. By the 3rd quarter of the Pitt game you knew it was over. In the Ravens game it was a like a kick to the balls with under a minute left. Totally different feelings for me.

Traveler
08-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Adams, Tamme, and Green seem to be on the downfall right now

Agree, but it's still early. Didn't know Dressen was injured. Might be saving grace for Green.

LTC Pain
08-05-2013, 11:27 AM

Bullshit. You have no idea who dislikes Moore. If that's how you feel, then say so. Don't try to generalize that "people" feel like you do because it's inaccurate and lame!

Dapper Dan
08-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Bullshit. You have no idea who dislikes Moore. If that's how you feel, then say so. Don't try to generalize that "people" feel like you do because it's inaccurate and lame!

I think you misread something there.

TXBRONC
08-05-2013, 01:14 PM
I dont know, maybe that is correct. I heard he was running with the 1s. Is he banged up?

That's what I think I read but maybe I'm not remember it correctly.

tomjonesrocks
08-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Disagree. Both games and both players sucked when we needed them to play their best. But i will say i will give Moore more time as Jake was already a where he needed to be in terms of experience. But unfortunately Moore's play was far more heartbreaking. By the 3rd quarter of the Pitt game you knew it was over. In the Ravens game it was a like a kick to the balls with under a minute left. Totally different feelings for me.

I need to go back and look at the line of that Steelers game. Seeing as Manning had won the game for the Broncos before Moore shit the bed and made one of the worst plays (if not THE worst play) ever in Broncos history--I don't even understand this comparison with Plummer's poor outing vs the Steelers. Denver was not the better team vs the Steelers--Shanny had IMO one of his best coaching seasons that year and that team wildly overachieved to make it to the AFCCG on the backs of virtual unknowns. People were saying Shanny was done then and he proved he still had it. He frankly coached his ass off that year with mediocre talent and deserved more credit. I remember going into that game actually expecting a loss--it was NOTHING like the '97 Jax heartbreak whatsoever. The Steelers were the better team; it was obvious.

On the other hand, Moore single-handedly (I'll say it) likely killed the best chance this era Broncos team had to get a World Championship. Denver was the better team, but in a hard-fought battle, Moore cost the Broncos the game. In other words, **** Rahim Moore. He's Ernest Byner and/or Bill Buckner in Orange and Blue. "The Dream" went for "glory" rather than making the easy play.

EDIT: The Steelers were 3 1/2pt favorites that day as I remembered; even on Denver's field. That's a considerable line when you're talking about an AFCCG on an opposing team's field. Apples and oranges.

G_Money
08-06-2013, 12:37 AM
I want them to stretcher off every Raven after our Thursday Night opener. I can't help it. I'm still sooooo mad about that. :mad: Moore just... argh, I can't even talk about it.

I think the only thing that washes that taste out is a ring, so we can say, "Well, we needed to go through it" like that J-Ville loss that preceded our two titles. Without a ring, I agree, Moore completely robbed our best shot, because we WOULD have won the title. Just unbelievable.

Excuse me while I go drink.

~G

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 12:48 AM
If you let one play beat you, you don't deserve to win as a team.
Making several bad plays is worse than making one bad play. I'm not sure why it would be the opposite of that.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 09:09 AM
I want them to stretcher off every Raven after our Thursday Night opener. I can't help it. I'm still sooooo mad about that. :mad: Moore just... argh, I can't even talk about it.

I think the only thing that washes that taste out is a ring, so we can say, "Well, we needed to go through it" like that J-Ville loss that preceded our two titles. Without a ring, I agree, Moore completely robbed our best shot, because we WOULD have won the title. Just unbelievable.

Excuse me while I go drink.

~G

Absolutely no way of knowing this. Anyone who has watched the NFL for an extended period of time knows what a crapshoot the playoffs are. We still would have had to win two games against very good teams after beating Baltimore. There was no guarantee in that. We would have had to have gotten past a NE team that we matched up with horribly last year, and a very very good SF team. There is no guarantee we win the SB if we get past Baltimore. In fact, I would say the odds would have been not much better than 25-30%.

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Absolutely no way of knowing this. Anyone who has watched the NFL for an extended period of time knows what a crapshoot the playoffs are. We still would have had to win two games against very good teams after beating Baltimore. There was no guarantee in that. We would have had to have gotten past a NE team that we matched up with horribly last year, and a very very good SF team. There is no guarantee we win the SB if we get past Baltimore. In fact, I would say the odds would have been not much better than 25-30%.

Have you heard of an opinion? G has one just like you do.

Just like you pulling that 25-30% you pulled out thin air.

underrated29
08-06-2013, 11:30 AM
It took a near perfect game for New England to beat us. All of the stars aligned for them and we still lost by 10 or less points.

They had to literally complete and 3rd and 17 twice or something like that.
They had to literally recover 3? turnovers from us (2 of which I believe were in the REDZONE)- which takes as little as 6 points off the board or as much as 16.
They had to literally rush for like 200+ yards against us....(Joe mays is all I will say about that)
They had to literally get lucky that mcgahee dropped a wide open 4th and 2- which would have gone for many many more yards.
They played us when we were still figuring things out. The team we were then is not close to the team we were in the playoffs or now.

We will see the rematch this year, and while it will be tough (as long as brady is qb) I do not think the game will go in favor of them.

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 11:32 AM
It took a near perfect game for New England to beat us. All of the stars aligned for them and we still lost by 10 or less points.

They had to literally complete and 3rd and 17 twice or something like that.
They had to literally recover 3? turnovers from us (2 of which I believe were in the REDZONE)- which takes as little as 6 points off the board or as much as 16.
They had to literally rush for like 200+ yards against us....(Joe mays is all I will say about that)
They had to literally get lucky that mcgahee dropped a wide open 4th and 2- which would have gone for many many more yards.
They played us when we were still figuring things out. The team we were then is not close to the team we were in the playoffs or now.

We will see the rematch this year, and while it will be tough (as long as brady is qb) I do not think the game will go in favor of them.

Yeah, but we have Rahim Moore, so we will lose. Am I right?

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 11:40 AM

For some but certainly not all if Denver gets playoffs it won't matter Moore does. Denver could win the game on him getting a pick six and they will still complain. It will be "Why didn't he do that last year?"

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 11:41 AM
For some but certainly not all if Denver gets playoffs it won't matter Moore does. Denver could win the game on him getting a pick six and they will still complain. It will be "Why didn't he do that last year?"

I just LOLd at the last sentence. That was perfect.

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I just LOLd at the last sentence. That was perfect.

I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it.

underrated29
08-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Nah, we were caught in a vacuum.
With Tebow winning like he did- it created a vortex at Mile High Stadium. Last years Rahim has equalized the vortex. It is stable and all is right with the world again.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Have you heard of an opinion? G has one just like you do.

Just like you pulling that 25-30% you pulled out thin air.

I was simply disagreeing with his opinion. You should know by now that I am stern in my disagreements. No need to get personal. I wasn't even responding to you and I didn't get personal in my post.

BroncoJoe
08-06-2013, 01:51 PM
I was simply disagreeing with his opinion. You should know by now that I am stern in my disagreements. No need to get personal. I wasn't even responding to you and I didn't get personal in my post.

How did he get personal?

Use your "stern" verbiage, and expect the same back.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 01:53 PM
How did he get personal?

Use your "stern" verbiage, and expect the same back.

Well, his post wasn't related to the topic and it was calling out how I responded to G. Regardless, I'm sure G is perfectly capable of defending himself without TX jumping to his defense.

I have no problem getting stern verbiage back, but given that TX wasn't even the recipient of it, I'm not really sure why he felt compelled to respond. The only reason I can see is to rile me up further.

slim
08-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I know it's early, but I'm kind of excited about Nacho. If there is one position on the team where we could use an infusion of talent, it's at Safety. To (hopefully) get that infusion from an undrafted player would be huge for this team.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Anyway, back to topic, I would say 25-30% is a pretty solid estimate as to what our SB winning chances would have been if we had beaten Baltimore. Our game against NE probably would have been around a pickem in Vegas, and against SF we would have probably been somewhere from a pickem to a small favorite. That is two toss-up games, putting the chances of winning both around 25%. I simply think it's unfair to Moore to say that we WOULD have won the title (quoting G here) if Moore makes that play.

BroncoJoe
08-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Well, his post wasn't related to the topic and it was calling out how I responded to G. Regardless, I'm sure G is perfectly capable of defending himself without TX jumping to his defense.

I have no problem getting stern verbiage back, but given that TX wasn't even the recipient of it, I'm not really sure why he felt compelled to respond. The only reason I can see is to rile me up further.

Maybe because he disagreed with what you posted? This is an open forum, not a private conversation.

Perhaps if you are riled up, you should take a break. I worry about your blood pressure.

Dzone
08-06-2013, 02:00 PM

lmao!!!!

slim
08-06-2013, 02:02 PM
lmao!!!!

Some things never change.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Maybe because he disagreed with what you posted? This is an open forum, not a private conversation.

Perhaps if you are riled up, you should take a break. I worry about your blood pressure.

I'm not riled up at all. That's just my opinion as to the aim of his post. I could be wrong though, it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Dzone
08-06-2013, 02:03 PM
So thursday night, Beadles will be at left tackle, Lilja left guard Man ram center, vasquez and clark at rt..Wow...

slim
08-06-2013, 02:05 PM
So thursday night, Beadles will be at left tackle, Lilja left guard Man ram center, vasquez and clark at rt..Wow...

Please tell me Peyton won't be playing behind that line...especially against SF!

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Wow, I would certainly hope Manning doesn't see many snaps behind that o-line. I say give him 1 series, 2 max, and get him out of there.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Also, I've been really out of the loop on training camp as I have been in the process of moving for the past few weeks. When is Clady supposed to be ready to play?

slim
08-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Wow, I would certainly hope Manning doesn't see many snaps behind that o-line. I say give him 1 series, 2 max, and get him out of there.

Give him zero series and an extra one next week.

Dzone
08-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Please tell me Peyton won't be playing behind that line...especially against SF!
This is the current Oline as per sandy clough on 1043

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Give him zero series and an extra one next week.

I wouldn't mind him getting one series as it would be helpful to get in some snaps with Ramirez in a live game situation. But if they did hold him out I wouldn't complain either. That's a scary team to go against with a depleted o-line.

slim
08-06-2013, 02:16 PM
This is the current Oline as per sandy clough on 1043

Yeah, I know. It is not the OL for an old man to play behind. That's all I'm saying.

slim
08-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't mind him getting one series as it would be helpful to get in some snaps with Ramirez in a live game situation. But if they did hold him out I wouldn't complain either. That's a scary team to go against with a depleted o-line.

Ramirez has almost no chance (IMO) of being the starting center this season. So I'm not sure what that accomplishes.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Ramirez has almost no chance (IMO) of being the starting center this season. So I'm not sure what that accomplishes.

Given our injuries at that position, I don't see why not. He's been the starter all of camp.

Dzone
Looks like Chris Clark has some experience. Beadles at left tackle is the shocker. If Clady has a slow recovery on the shoulder, could be a shaky situation. Wonder how close clady is to 100%. Does anyone even know?
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/04/10/chris-clark-currently-the-broncos-starting-left-tackle-signs-1-323-million-tender/19108/

Dapper Dan

I'm not sure why his chance would be so...slim. He's been the #1 Center for a while now.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure why his chance would be so...slim. He's been the #1 Center for a while now.

He was even taking starting center snaps before Koppen got hurt.

slim
08-06-2013, 02:24 PM

Because he sucks. How about that?

I will be shocked if he is the starting center week 1. I will also be scared for Peyton's health.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 02:25 PM

I will be shocked if he is the starting center week 1. I will also be scared for Peyton's health.

Who on our roster is a better center? The coaches must not think we have any better options since he has been the #1 center since the day camp started.

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 02:26 PM

I can only judge what could happen by what the staff does, since they decide who starts and who doesn't.

G_Money
08-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Being given the #1 job doesn't mean you deserve the #1 job. They wanted to see if Manny could do it, so they let him run with the ones. Koppen already ran with the ones last year, so he's a known quantity. When he went down, it turned out to be a good thing that Ramirez was getting a healthy # of reps already. Manny really should be able to hold off an old, recently-retired guy who's not in football shape and is new to the team. If he can't, well, then he's really bad.

I wouldn't play Manning either on Monday though. Not unless it's for a couple of runs and a swing pass. Let Oz take some punishment. Manning can play more in week 2. Skill-position starters only play a series or two anyway in the pre-season opener most of the time.

~G

slim
08-06-2013, 02:31 PM
I can only judge what could happen by what the staff does, since they decide who starts and who doesn't.

Well, their hands have been tied a little because of the injuries.

I guess we will see in a couple weeks or so. I could be wrong (won't be the first time), but, as I said, I will be shocked if Manny is the starting center week 1.

slim
08-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Who on our roster is a better center? The coaches must not think we have any better options since he has been the #1 center since the day camp started.

Ryan Lilja, for one.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Ryan Lilja, for one.

Well, they currently have him at guard. Has he been getting center reps? I haven't really followed camp closely at all. And I don't think it's any guarantee he's better. He would still be retired had Koppen not gotten hurt.

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Ryan Lilja, for one.

I think he takes over the starting C position. That's my opinion. But I won't be surprised if Manny keeps the spot either.

slim
08-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Well, they currently have him at guard. Has he been getting center reps? I haven't really followed camp closely at all. And I don't think it's any guarantee he's better. He would still be retired had Koppen not gotten hurt.

Well, they have just about everyone playing out of position right now.

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Being given the #1 job doesn't mean you deserve the #1 job. They wanted to see if Manny could do it, so they let him run with the ones. Koppen already ran with the ones last year, so he's a known quantity. When he went down, it turned out to be a good thing that Ramirez was getting a healthy # of reps already. Manny really should be able to hold off an old, recently-retired guy who's not in football shape and is new to the team. If he can't, well, then he's really bad.

I wouldn't play Manning either on Monday though. Not unless it's for a couple of runs and a swing pass. Let Oz take some punishment. Manning can play more in week 2. Skill-position starters only play a series or two anyway in the pre-season opener most of the time.

~G

By that logic more #2s would be getting #1 reps. Koppen played 1 season. That's it. I don't think that ends all doubt.

You underestimate Lilja. It's not like he retired 3 years ago.

BroncoWave
08-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Regardless, I don't see how it hurts to let Manning get a couple of snaps with the #1s this week. As someone else said, just call a couple of running plays and a quick pass and get him out of there. You can protect a QB from getting sacked with playcalling if he is only in there for a drive. Just don't call anything that would require him to sit in the pocket for any period of time.

BroncoJoe
08-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Can't play football and be afraid of injury.

Manning will play.

Dzone
08-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Ok, so now just heard Vasquez being tried at right tackle also. Does that mean Clark plays at rg? It will be interesting.

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 04:15 PM

Good grief.

I can't recall how many times you've responded to posts that were not directed at you. When you can stop being a hypocrite and follow your own advice I don't give a damn.

I guess after all these years you still haven't figured out that if you post something in a public forum anyone can respond to it.

slim
08-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Can't play football and be afraid of injury.

That is exactly why he shouldn't play.

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 04:22 PM
First preseason game or not he's going be out on the field for at least series. That's what happened last year and I don't see Fox changing just because we're banged on offensive line right now.

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 04:25 PM

But Manning isn't afraid. Slim you have face your own fears and not transfer them to other. I say that as a friend. :nod:

slim
08-06-2013, 04:32 PM
But Manning isn't afraid. Slim you have face your own fears and not transfer them to other. I say that as a friend. :nod:

I'm sure he's not afraid. But I am afraid for him.

I think you are right about facing fears. I have a fear of salads that I need to face.

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm sure he's not afraid. But I am afraid for him.

I think you are right about facing fears. I have a fear of salads that I need to face.

Manning has played entire seasons with offensive lines that were in worse shape.

slim
08-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Manning has played entire seasons with offensive lines that were in worse shape.

Yeah, I know. I would just hate to see him get injured in a meaningless game.

Is there a good reason he should be playing this week? I can't think of one.

TXBRONC
08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I know. I would just hate to see him get injured in a meaningless game.

Is there a good reason he should be playing this week? I can't think of one.

Yeah it's risk but I don't think it's anyone of risk than last year when he was coming off of four neck surgeries.

Dapper Dan
08-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Have you seen Peyton's new music video? Does he looked scared?

Jsteve01
08-06-2013, 11:04 PM
fears be damned. what's the benefit of trotting him out behind this makeshift line in a game that means nothing? Especially against that defense. Get Oz and Dysert some reps and go on about the business of trying to get people healthy.

dogfish
08-06-2013, 11:10 PM
not that i don't agree with you guys in principle, but-- he's PFM. . . he's going to play, because that's what he does. . . you see how pissed he gets when something doesn't get executed right? go ahead, tell him he's not playing-- get that look directed at you. . . fox knows better than to mess with it. . .

besides, there's a reason manning's been greedy for reps all these years-- it's no accident that he's as good as he is, and it doesn't come from overwhelming physical gifts. . .

Poet
08-06-2013, 11:16 PM
not that i don't agree with you guys in principle, but-- he's PFM. . . he's going to play, because that's what he does. . . you see how pissed he gets when something doesn't get executed right? go ahead, tell him he's not playing-- get that look directed at you. . . fox knows better than to mess with it. . .

besides, there's a reason manning's been greedy for reps all these years-- it's no accident that he's as good as he is, and it doesn't come from overwhelming physical gifts. . .

I have never seen a player more pissed than Manning was when Caldwell gave up on the perfect season. When Manning got pulled off of the field he was livid.

He wants to play football. He wants to be the most precise and methodical player than he can. That's what he does. It's who he is. It is ingrained into his personality.

Dzone
08-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Can anyone predict how many series Manning will play? I say one and done. Then Oz until 4th , then Dice

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Can anyone predict how many series Manning will play? I say one and done. Then Oz until 4th , then Dice

I figure one to two series at best.

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 09:36 AM
I figure one to two series at best.

That seems to be the norm for the preseason. One to two drives in the first game, one quarter in the second game, a half in game 3, and bench in game 4.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2013, 09:37 AM

I'd bet Manning is the last one concerned about injury.

BroncoWave
08-07-2013, 09:40 AM

And he shouldn't be. The neck thing was more of a degenerative thing not even caused by a hit. Other than that, he has never missed a game due to injury. He knows what he's doing in the pocket.

slim
08-07-2013, 01:15 PM

Me too. I'm not saying he is, only that I am.

TXBRONC
08-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Me too. I'm not saying he is, only that I am.

It's going to be ok Slim.

slim
08-07-2013, 01:36 PM
It's going to be ok Slim.

It better be. If he gets hurt I'm gonna blame you!