PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp - 8-2

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Ryan Lilja works as center with Broncos' 2nd team; Derek Wolfe not on field

After coming out of retirement to sign a one-year deal with the Broncos, center Ryan Lilja joined the team for his first full practice Friday.

Lilja worked with quarterback Brock Osweiler and the second team's offensive line in early positional drills.

Starting quarterback Peyton Manning continued to work with center Manny Ramirez. Lilja and Ramirez are expected to compete for the starting center role. On Thursday, coach John Fox did not commit to playing Lilja as a center, citing his experience at both center and guard.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23783580/ryan-lilja-works-newest-broncos-center-second-team

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Tom Helmer ‏@Tom_Helmer

Danny Trevathan got into it with an O-lineman after an INT. quick fight and it was broken up quickly
Expand

We have another fight

And yes TD still looks like he could carry the rock for a 1,000 yards a season

Terrell Davis here at Dove Valley doing live hits for NFL Network. pic.twitter.com/Vlqaa8Exht

GEM
08-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Sandy on 104.3 was talking about a fight yesterday, never did say who it was. Thanks, Carol.

CoachChaz
08-02-2013, 02:04 PM
I want LB's that throw blows with OL's

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold

Terrell Davis at #broncos practice today ... DT Derek Wolfe not in practice today -- excused --Malik Jackson took some reps.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Tom Helmer ‏@Tom_Helmer

Montee Ball meeting his all time favorite running back Terrell Davis pic.twitter.com/RJlzI9vRZ9

TXBRONC
08-02-2013, 02:53 PM
I too like linebackers who not only talk the talk but also walk the walk.

Dapper Dan
08-02-2013, 03:05 PM
It's nice to see Lilja already at work. I'm glad he's already getting started. I see him passing Manny before the camp is over.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2013, 04:07 PM
• Highlight: Or should this be the lowlight? It at least was what got everyone talking.

After linebacker Danny Trevathan came up with an interception off a tipped Peyton Manning pass, he ended up in a tussle with offensive tackle Chris Clark. That brought other players scrambling over, but to portray it as anything remotely resembling a "fight" would be inaccurate.

Tackle Orlando Franklin, who grew up in Toronto and played some hockey (it's in the Canadian constitution) before concentrating on football, brought some levity to the proceedings by "jumping" on the back of the pack. NFL referee Tony Corrente and his crew were working the practice, but they didn't give the former hockey player a third-man in penalty.

The only real significance of the the sequences was that it was a hint of some offensive frustration.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23784905/broncos-see-another-dust-up-at-training-camp

gregbroncs
08-02-2013, 07:06 PM
It's concerning that reports are saying that the offense is struggling and getting frustrated. Is it a sign that our defense may be really good or is the offense just not clicking yet?

Dapper Dan
08-02-2013, 07:08 PM
My guess is that they were practicing a pressure situation, where Manning naturally threw a pick.

gregbroncs
08-02-2013, 07:10 PM
My guess is that they were practicing a pressure situation, where Manning naturally threw a pick.:tsk:

TXBRONC
08-02-2013, 07:13 PM
It's nice to see Lilja already at work. I'm glad he's already getting started. I see him passing Manny before the camp is over.

Agreed. I like Manny better as a back up guard.

TXBRONC
08-02-2013, 07:17 PM
It's concerning that reports are saying that the offense is struggling and getting frustrated. Is it a sign that our defense may be really good or is the offense just not clicking yet?

I know it's a bit clique but it's not unusual for defensives to be head of offenses in early stages of camp.

broncohead
08-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Agreed. I like Manny better as a back up guard.

I like him when he's not on the field haha

Dapper Dan
08-02-2013, 08:12 PM

I agree. It's always better when your starter can play.

Jsteve01
08-02-2013, 08:36 PM
I was just talking about how useless triangle numbers are at times. Case in point, been hearing about Manny getting rag dolled a few times in camp and then you go back and hear Mike leach talk about how strong he is and note that he repped 40 at the combine.

Dapper Dan
08-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Does anyone have a link saying Manny was getting rag dolled at camp? I'm not saying it ain't happened, I just haven't read it yet.

Dzone
08-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Does anyone have a link saying Manny was getting rag dolled at camp? I'm not saying it ain't happened, I just haven't read it yet.
Someone on the radio said Sly Williams was beating up on Blake and Manny. Thats all I heard.
Did I just hear that Derek Wolfe is home with the flu?

TXBRONC
08-02-2013, 09:05 PM

Spot duty is ok.

Jsteve01
08-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have a link saying Manny was getting rag dolled at camp? I'm not saying it ain't happened, I just haven't read it yet. I'm referring to multiple reports I heard that Williams was tossing him around in the pit. I'll try to find it.

Dapper Dan
08-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Williams is a big man. It would seem like more than one player would be doing it if it's the blocker's fault.