PDA

View Full Version : NFL rules changes to affect WRs, DBs such as Broncos' Champ Bailey

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Champ Bailey hasn't worn leg pads since he was in college. For the past 14 years, the Broncos cornerback has chosen to play football without significant padding protecting his knees or thighs. He no longer can choose.

In one of a handful of new player-safety rules the NFL has introduced for the 2013 season, Bailey and all other NFL players must wear leg pads under their pants shells. A player caught without regulation padding below the waist will be warned. A second offense in the same game will lead to a 5-yard penalty.

"I don't like it, but I understand the emphasis is on safety," Bailey said Thursday. "It's not going to really stop the serious issues, but it will help protect us a little more. It's a little heavier, but you get used to it."

rest, plus other new rules - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23780628/nfl-rules-changes-affect-wrs-dbs-such-broncos

Dapper Dan
08-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks #Obama.

tomjonesrocks
08-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks #Obama.

This is my new favorite canned response to everything.

Dapper Dan
08-02-2013, 11:37 AM
This is my new favorite canned response to everything.

Mine too. I stole it from...Sneakers, I think.

Nomad
08-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh well, wear the pads.

My sons' use the girdles with the built in pads and just put the knee pads in the pants. I wish they had those when I was in HS.