PDA

View Full Version : Nacho

Dzone
08-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Whats going on with this guy? Anyone seen his play? Is he going to start?

Duke is on Brandon Spanos show right now. What a great kid.
He played for Mike Macyntire at san jose state
Pronouned eeeee-hanacho

Jsteve01
08-01-2013, 10:21 PM
I loved him coming out of college. Sounds like he's also looked solid in coverage. If this guy continues to progress it may make it hard for the team to keep Jammer and Adams. Adams is more spendy so I'd say he goes. leaving Nacho, the dream Carter, Bruton and Jammer

LTC Pain
08-02-2013, 07:46 AM
From the few camp reports I've read it appears Nacho is playing himself into a roster spot. Since Jammer is barely getting a sniff with 1s or 2s, I'd say he goes. Keep Adams just because he's steady and knows JDR's defense.

BroncoJoe
08-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Champ during interviews has spoken very highly about this kid.

Oh, and it's pronounced Duke. :)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-02-2013, 10:13 AM
http://youtu.be/ElVSw6xpQ70

Traveler
08-02-2013, 11:01 AM
http://youtu.be/ElVSw6xpQ70

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Knew this was coming sooner or later!

slim
08-02-2013, 12:22 PM
I loved him coming out of college. Sounds like he's also looked solid in coverage. If this guy continues to progress it may make it hard for the team to keep Jammer and Adams. Adams is more spendy so I'd say he goes. leaving Nacho, the dream Carter, Bruton and Jammer

What is it that you liked about him? Just curious as I basicaly know nothing about him.

Ziggy
08-02-2013, 04:12 PM
He was a stud the day I was at camp. Great in coverage. He's not only working his way onto the team, but he may be working his way into a starting spot. He's already rotating in with the first team in the red zone.

Dzone
08-02-2013, 06:00 PM
He was very impressive in the radio interview. Articulate. Intelligent. Excellent attitude. The kind of guy you want on the team.

Jsteve01
08-02-2013, 07:05 PM

What is it that you liked about him? Just curious as I basicaly know nothing about him. game changing athletic ability and a nose for the ball. Very charismatic high energy player. High character as well. Above avg ball skills I thought but wasn't sure just because of the competition

Jsteve01
08-03-2013, 01:02 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Del_Rio_Looking_for_Tenacity_on_Defense/1805866b-786f-4f87-855e-c64aee280d89

Del Rio mentions Duke in this clip.

and i posted the above from my phone so let me try to be a little more concise. Ihenacho is one of those kids who played at a small school but has literally every physical attribute you'd look for in an NFL ball player at the safety position. Add to that his makeup. Likeable guy and as I stated before very charismatic. The big thing for him was transitioning to the level of play and competition at the NFL level. he's not the best athlete on the field anymore so now he's had to let his work ethic come into play. I think we are seeing something similar from Julius. The good thing about the injuries and PS for Thomas and Duke respectively is that they've had a time of time to digest the mental portion of the game. Now they can go out and let their physical gifts take them to the next level. I'm truly excited to see what Duke can do in the system this year. With the way he and Bruton are playing either Mike Adams or Jammer is almost assuredly gone and if Carter shows well, it could be both.

TXBRONC
08-03-2013, 02:42 PM
From what others have been saying it sounds like Adams has not been having a very good camp.

Ziggy
08-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Adams is running with the 2nd and 3rd team. I think that only Jammer has had a worse camp as far as safeties are concerned.

tomjonesrocks
08-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Adams is running with the 2nd and 3rd team. I think that only Jammer has had a worse camp as far as safeties are concerned.

That's too bad. I thought Jammer was a solid add a couple months ago.

Army Bronco
08-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Nachoooooooooooooo!!!!!

DenBronx
08-04-2013, 04:10 PM
That's too bad. I thought Jammer was a solid add a couple months ago.

Doesnt look to be the case now. I think we will know more by the 3rd Preseason game if Jammer is going to work out or not. With the DRC injury I am hoping we keep him just for experience at CB. This Nacho kid seems to be on fire right now.....so guess only time will tell.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2013, 04:24 PM
DENVER (AP) -- Around these parts, John Elway is affectionately known as the ''Duke'' for scrambling and slinging his way to a Hall of Fame career.

Now, there's another ''Duke'' on the Denver Broncos field and he's quickly creating a name for himself, even if no one can properly pronounce it.

Duke Ihenacho (EE-ah-NAHcho) is a strong safety frequently working with the first team at training camp. Although Mike Adams is still listed as the starter, Ihenacho has everyone raving about his play so far in practice.

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/duke-ihenacho-working-denvers-no-194247552--nfl.html

G_Money
08-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Nacho is Chris Harris-ing his way into serious playing time at this point. Thank God - we need it.

~G

Italianmobstr7
08-05-2013, 03:04 PM
He's looked good in camp, looked good at the scrimmage, now I hope it translates to games. Hope he has a good preseason. Thursday can't get here quick enough!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Boy, if we end up with a thumper strong safety who is good in coverage....that would be sweet.