07-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Lay it on us!!!

BroncoJoe
07-31-2013, 11:54 AM
Total tease.

NightTrainLayne
07-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Coming soon....

This is a PG-13 Forum. Please... take that elsewhere.

Ziggy
07-31-2013, 03:36 PM
It hit me today as I was heading down to camp that this is my 25th year of going to Broncos training camps. My how time flies, and camps change. Long gone is that smell of what can only be described as....Greeley. Long gone are the days of 2-a-days in full pads with players beating the tar out of each other all day long. My son and I got there at 7:30ish, thinking that practice was at 9:30. Instead it was at 10:30, but even so there were about 40 people in line in front of us. On to the report.....

Offense-
Manning- He's back. His arm is strong, his passes are accurate, and he has complete control of both the offense and the team. There's really no way to describe how accurate he is. Receivers really don't have to get open. He places the ball so perfectly that db's have no chance regardless of how close they are in coverage.
DT- He's big, he's strong, he's fast, and he's unstoppable. The guy looks like a tight end out there, but runs like a receiver. He abused everyone that crossed his path in drills, including Champ all but once.
Decker- His route running was amazing today. He and Manning have great timing and confidence in each other. He was dominating as well.
Welker- One word.....precision. He's a machine. It looked like he and Manning still have some timing issues, but I expect that to be resolved very soon.
Dreesen- He's still the best blocking tight end that we have and out there and on every rep with the first team.
Julius Thomas- Wow. His athleticism is amazing. He turned 3 different defenders around today and made play after play. The hype is real, at least for training camp. We'll see what happens when the games begin. If he can stay out of the training room he'll be one heck of a weapon.
Hillman- Yeah, he's gained weight. Make no mistake though, he's still a small back. He does take it up into the line better than he did last year, and cuts well. He had one play where he turned what would have been a tackle behind the line of scrimmage, and turned it into a breakaway down the other sideline after a sweet spin move.
Ball- He looks like a rookie. He looked to have missed his assignment a couple of times today. He was rotating in and out with the ones, and was the primary back in the red zone drills. He caught one pass for a td and ran for another one. He looked good down by the goal line.
Knowshon- About the only thing I noticed out of him today was that he was playing special teams for the first time in his career.
CJ Anderson- He caught my eye a couple of times. He runs with power, a low center of gravity, and good acceleration. Something tells me that the Broncos keep him either on the roster or practice squad.
Jeremiah Johnson- JJ looked good running the ball. He's quick and cuts well. He might make it tough to cut him. He was the best run blocking back in drills today.
Gerelle Robinson- He caught a few balls in team drills today. It looks like he's still Oz's security blanket.
Oz- He does look more confident than last year. He has a rocket arm, but it still looks like he's not ready for primetime. His reads are a little quicker, but he's also still making some bad decisions.
Oline- I was focusing on the skill positions today, so I didn't see too much out of them individually. They did get their butts handed to them by the Dline in the run game all day long. There would have been a few sacks on Manning as well if they were tackling out there.

More to come.....

Northman
07-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Knowshon- About the only thing I noticed out of him today was that he was playing special teams for the first time in his career.

Ouch!

I wonder what that is all about?

MOtorboat
07-31-2013, 03:47 PM
Ouch!

I wonder what that is all about?

Keeping a roster spot. UR and Pola mentioned it too. As did Lombardi, Lammey, etc.

slim
07-31-2013, 03:48 PM
So I guess you were underwhelmed by the RBs?

I don't like to hear that.

Northman
07-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Keeping a roster spot. UR and Pola mentioned it too. As did Lombardi, Lammey, etc.

Yea, but is he not running at his natural position? Or is this something to just loosen him up after his injury?

MOtorboat
07-31-2013, 03:50 PM
Yea, but is he not running at his natural position? Or is this something to just loosen him up after his injury?

I think he's still taking reps at RB.

Ziggy
07-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Defense-
Champ Bailey- He still looks like Champ. Other than DT, he covered everyone well.
DRC- He had blanket coverage in drills before going down. As you've probably heard by now, he was carted off. I couldn't tell if it was the knee or ankle that was hurt. It was on a coverage play and looked like it happened after he hit the ground breaking up the pass.
Chris Harris- He looks great. Welker abused him a time or two, but Harris held his own with him a few times as well. He looks big for a cb, but still has good speed despite the rumors around the forums.
Tony Carter- He filled in for DRC after he went down and was toasted a few times. There's a huge drop off after the first 3 corners.
Von- He's Von. He looks every bit as good as he did last year, with a bit of added muscle. Beast.
Woodyard- He likes to talk- and backed it up all day long. Woody looks like he's going to prove that last season was no fluke.
Irving- He was bad in coverage today. I really wasn't encouraged by what I saw out of him out there.
Trevathan- Starting in nickel coverage with the first team again. He can cover like a DB. He's quick and has a nose for the ball. I like what I saw out of him.
Vickerson- He looks bigger than last year. He has surpassed Orlando Franklin as being the biggest player on the team. The guy is just massive, and it looks like it's all muscle. He plays strong and barked at the offense all day long. Like I said, I wasn't watching the lines much today but I did see him throw a lineman down a couple of times like he was a sack of potatoes.
Knighton- He was running with the 2nd and 3rd team. He's a big guy, but I didn't notice anything in his play that was either good or bad.
Malik Jackson- He was running with the first team at DT today. I hadn't heard of that going on before today, so it surprised me a bit.
Rahim- He looked good for the most part. The safeties were being rotated in and out regularly, but Rahim seemed to have the most time on the field out of the safeties.
Mario Butler- Who? Yeah that's what I said, but he kept flashing out there today. His coverage was good and he was running with the 2nd team D today. I don't know where he came from, but he had a heck of a day today. I love it when guys that I don't expect to catch my eye in practice.
Wolfe- He was out there....didn't notice anything either good or bad out of him today.
Ihanacho- I watched him closely down in the red zone drills. He was solid in coverage, playing the TE man to man down low. He smothered his guys consistently and broke up a would be TD pass from Manning in the end zone.

Ziggy
07-31-2013, 03:53 PM
So I guess you were underwhelmed by the RBs?

I don't like to hear that.

I was Slim, but the offensive line was bad today. The holes just weren't there. Ball did look great around the goal line though.

Ziggy
07-31-2013, 03:54 PM
I think he's still taking reps at RB.

He is.

Northman
07-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Woodyard- He likes to talk- and backed it up all day long. Woody looks like he's going to prove that last season was no fluke.

I already liked this kid two years ago but i continue to like more and more as time goes along. Im happy for this guy that he got a shot to play as a starter.

MOtorboat
07-31-2013, 03:56 PM
He is.

Most reports I've seen is that it appears he's the first back running with the second team, with Hillman and Bell both running with the second team.

Same thing today?

Ziggy
07-31-2013, 04:00 PM
More notes:
One of the drills that I watched extra closely today was the backs and TE's vs the LBers and safeties in pass blocking. The defense won by a wide margin. Julius Thomas and Jeremiah Johnson were the only 2 that did consistently well in keeping the defense off of the QB (heavy bag). Ball and Hillman were inconsistent. Ball shut down Rahim Moore on one rep, and then completely whiffed on Bruton on the next. Hillman was put on his butt by Woodyard, but kept his guy out on the next rep. That's the way the drill went for the most part. CJ Johnson also did a good job of blocking. Everyone else was just dominated.

The running backs and TE's got their revenge on the next drill when it was their turn in pass receiving vs. the linebackers and safeties. They dominated that one, with Woodyard and Trevathon being the only linebackers that could cover these guys. Julius Thomas abused defender after defender in this drill.

Ziggy
07-31-2013, 04:03 PM
Most reports I've seen is that it appears he's the first back running with the second team, with Hillman and Bell both running with the second team.

Same thing today?

Ball and Hillman run primarily with the first team, although Hester was the pass blocking back in passing downs, which I expected to see Moreno in on.

MOtorboat
07-31-2013, 04:08 PM
Ball and Hillman run primarily with the first team, although Hester was the pass blocking back in passing downs, which I expected to see Moreno in on.

I meant to say Hillman and Ball were running with the first team. My bad.

Ziggy
07-31-2013, 04:32 PM
I meant to say Hillman and Ball were running with the first team. My bad.

I knew what you meant. The only real surprise for me was that I expected Moreno to be the third down back, and it was Hester. Right now the base starter is definitely Hillman with Ball getting reps. Ball is the man in the red zone though....if today's practice were any indication.

MOtorboat
07-31-2013, 04:34 PM
I knew what you meant. The only real surprise for me was that I expected Moreno to be the third down back, and it was Hester. Right now the base starter is definitely Hillman with Ball getting reps. Ball is the man in the red zone though....if today's practice were any indication.

With all the TDs at Wisconsin, that's what I was hoping to hear/see.

TXBRONC
07-31-2013, 08:59 PM

The reports that I've since OTAs is that Moreno has been the third back. I don't think he's in any danger of being cut because of the top three backs he has the most experience. That said, I find it interesting that he's put time in with the special teams unit something he's never done before.

Jsteve01
07-31-2013, 10:36 PM
love hearing that Jeremiah Johnson looked better than any of the other backs in pass pro. I just like this kid and tbh if he continues to show i think I'd rather have him than Kno Mo

Simple Jaded
07-31-2013, 11:27 PM
Any truth to the rumor that Brock Osweiler caught Chris Harris from 10-yards behind?

TXBRONC
08-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Any truth to the rumor that Brock Osweiler caught Chris Harris from 10-yards behind?

No. :ban: :D

Simple Jaded
08-01-2013, 10:37 PM
No. :ban: :D

Ok cool! Cause that would be embarrassing for a CB to get caught by a huge gringo QB.

Dzone
08-01-2013, 10:59 PM
I knew he had long arms but damn

Jsteve01
08-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Ok cool! Cause that would be embarrassing for a CB to get caught by a huge gringo QB.

I loved it during his interview yesterday when he was talking about how accurate Peyton is and that if some of these balls were thrown by anyone else he'd "take it to the house" No mention of getting run down from behind by long slowish white guys