PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' running back battle heats up, with Hillman in the lead

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2013, 09:51 AM
When the Broncos competed during the offseason workouts in gym shorts and T-shirts, Ronnie Hillman was the team's No. 1 running back.

When training camp opened, rookie Montee Ball and veteran Knowshon Moreno had not moved to the front of the line. The Broncos put the pads on and started knocking one another around for the first time Saturday. Three padded practices later, Hillman went into the camp off day Tuesday with his arm wrapped tightly around the starting running back spot.

A fun competition among friends? Come on. Friends, yes, but this isn't the backyard. This is the NFL.

read - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23764651/broncos-running-back-battle-heats-up-hillman-lead

TXBRONC
07-31-2013, 09:27 PM
This kind of news gets me excited. I'm glad Hillman is continuing to shine and that his confidence has grown quite a bit. At some point I can see Ball overtaking him but he could end being a heck of weapon for years to come.

CrazyHorse
07-31-2013, 09:30 PM
He does have experience in the offense unlike Ball. I wonder if his pass blocking skills have improved. We will definitely need it with the current situation of the offensive line.

Traveler
08-01-2013, 12:16 PM
This kind of news gets me excited. I'm glad Hillman is continuing to shine and that his confidence has grown quite a bit. At some point I can see Ball overtaking him but he could end being a heck of weapon for years to come.

Is it too early/crazy to make Ronnie Hillman/Jamaal Charles comparisons? Seem to be similar type backs.

Ravage!!!
08-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Is it too early/crazy to make Ronnie Hillman/Jamaal Charles comparisons? Seem to be similar type backs.

yes.... WAYYYYYY too early. Jamaal has actually broken NFL records with his Avg ypc over a season.

Traveler
08-01-2013, 12:37 PM
yes.... WAYYYYYY too early. Jamaal has actually broken NFL records with his Avg ypc over a season.

Here's to Hillman doing some of the same! ;)

TXBRONC
08-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Charles is also a little bigger running back.

Traveler
08-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Charles is also a little bigger running back.

1 inch taller and 4 lbs heavier to be exact, if team listed weights are to be believed.

TXBRONC
08-01-2013, 07:34 PM
1 inch taller and 4 lbs heavier to be exact, if team listed weights are to be believed.

He was always listed as 5'10 even in college however in college his listed weight was 198lbs iirc.

Poet
08-01-2013, 07:40 PM

He also just came back from an ACL tear and tore the league up. Jamaal Charles is an incredible player.

Chef Zambini
08-01-2013, 10:21 PM
first, andy reid is going to waste Jcs talents, reed is a pass junkie, charles will not get as many carries.

second, i am happy for hillman, but again i remind all you enthusiasts that the Rb who picks up blitzes and blocks the best will be the starter/ featured back.
they all run the ball,
they all catch the ball.
the one who best protects PFM is the one who will get the most playing time, period !

Jsteve01
08-01-2013, 11:33 PM
first, andy reid is going to waste Jcs talents, reed is a pass junkie, charles will not get as many carries.

second, i am happy for hillman, but again i remind all you enthusiasts that the Rb who picks up blitzes and blocks the best will be the starter/ featured back.
they all run the ball,
they all catch the ball.
the one who best protects PFM is the one who will get the most playing time, period !

Wait so Jacob hester will be our starting tailback? alright

sneakers
08-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Hillman is like Quintin Griffin the III