PDA

View Full Version : Tavarres King "having a solid camp" as Broncos rookie wide receiver

Denver Native (Carol)
07-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Good health has meant a lot to Broncos rookie wide receiver Tavarres King as the team works through the early portion of its preseason preparations. King, who was troubled with a thigh injury for much of the offseason workouts, has garnered some attention in the first week of camp.

"He's done a good job. We didn't get to see a ton of him during (offseason workouts)," offensive coordinator Adam Gase said. "But he's made some big plays down the field. He is catching the ball fairly consistently, and he's done a good job of not being the guy we are calling out to fix things. He studied his book, obviously, this summer and made sure he wasn't going to be the guy making mistakes."

Cornerback Chris Harris was asked if any of the team's young receivers had caught his eye in camp's early going. "I would say King," Harris said. "He's been having a solid camp."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23761699/tavarres-king-having-solid-camp-broncos-rookie-wide

BroncoWave
07-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Hopefully he pans out. We could definitely use a solid #4 WR. Will be especially important if one of our big 3 goes down.

CoachChaz
07-30-2013, 04:22 PM
King is the guy that can flourish when Oz and his big arm are at the helm

broncohead
07-30-2013, 04:31 PM
To me he looks like he will transition to the pros really well. Baring injury he won't make much of an impact like btb mentioned. Prob looking 1-2 years before he gets real playing time

CoachChaz
07-30-2013, 04:45 PM
To me he looks like he will transition to the pros really well. Baring injury he won't make much of an impact like btb mentioned. Prob looking 1-2 years before he gets real playing time

When he can utilize his deep speed with Oz

broncohead
07-30-2013, 05:04 PM
We also got Deckers contract ending next season and Welker the season after that. It was a good time to look for depth

ShaneFalco
07-30-2013, 05:12 PM
wait isnt he from Georgia?

Ravage!!!
07-30-2013, 05:13 PM
I've fallen for this bfore. Matise anyone?

TXBRONC
07-30-2013, 05:20 PM
I've fallen for this bfore. Matise anyone?

There is nothing to fall for Rav. I take it at face value he's having a good week camp. I look forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Ravage!!!
07-30-2013, 05:22 PM
There is nothing to fall for Rav. I take it at face value he's having a good week camp. I look forward to seeing how it all pans out.

I know. I just have those "ill" feelings the way I fell for the Matise (is that how you spell his name?) back a number of years ago. I feel for the hype hard and believed we may have found the "hidden diamond" that we had needed and wanted so badly back in those days. Now when I hear of a WR stepping up and shining in TCs....I just get sick to my stomach.

BroncoWave
07-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Wasn't Darius Watts a training camp star too? Or was he the guy with the bad hand?

Magnificent Seven
07-30-2013, 06:02 PM

Yes. He is from UGA. Great WR at UGA.

TXBRONC
07-30-2013, 06:47 PM
I know. I just have those "ill" feelings the way I fell for the Matise (is that how you spell his name?) back a number of years ago. I feel for the hype hard and believed we may have found the "hidden diamond" that we had needed and wanted so badly back in those days. Now when I hear of a WR stepping up and shining in TCs....I just get sick to my stomach.

I know what you mean there are always players that become camp stars only to fizzle.

Tebowtime2011
07-30-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm actually surprised he didnt get drafted sooner, he did pretty good at georgia.

topscribe
07-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Wasn't Darius Watts a training camp star too? Or was he the guy with the bad hand?
Watts had some of the sickest moves I'd ever seen and great speed. But, yes,
he had that bad hand and couldn't dependably hang onto a pass, even after
hours upon hours at the JUGs machine. I really felt for the guy -- a budding
star, except for the hand.

Dapper Dan
07-30-2013, 07:28 PM

Yeah, but I won't hold it against him.

ShaneFalco
07-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Yeah, but I won't hold it against him.

is a plus for me, i love the Georgia Bulldogs

Dzone
07-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Hope he pans out. Have read that he has had trouble in his career with dropping passes. If he drops balls in the NFL, he will be nothing more than another Renaldo "Oops" Nehemiah, a super athlete with no hands. Hope not

Dapper Dan
07-30-2013, 09:03 PM
is a plus for me, i love the Georgia Bulldogs

Do you try to make me dislike you?

Timmy!
07-31-2013, 03:13 AM
Another weapon would be sweet. Can he play special teams worth a shit?