PDA

View Full Version : 7/26/13 Camp Report by pnbronco

pnbronco
07-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Another beautiful day down at Dove Valley. No cloud cover so it was a lot warmer but bearable today. The good news is that Champ was back in what I've always watched him in. The blue shorts like most of the players wear and the calves were showing today. Plus he was out a lot more on the 7/7's and 11/11's.

More players were taking punts today than yesterday. One that stuck out was # 20, Mike Adams. I don't remember him playing on Special Teams at all last year, let alone catching punts. He did a fine job. Others out there were # 13, Bateman, # 19 Thomas, #12, Caldwell....who can be stinkin fast BTW, #16 McDuffie, # 31, Bolden and # 11 Holiday of course. Knowshon, Montee Ball, and Jermiah Johnson were out there as blockers.

They started the day with 11/11 walk through. Peyton stopped the play 3 times in a row because he was not happy with the line up. Montee Ball went the wrong way. He had a talk with Welker about where he wanted him and can't remember what was wrong the last time. You just got the feeling that close was not close enough. Clady was out there with the walk during these drills. Clady also did some drills with the O line later on. Ramirez and Koppen trade off working with the 1st today. Vasquez, Beadles and Frankin were with the 1's the whole practice today, they did better, still have a ways to go but better than yesterday.

Another player that was getting reps with the 1st was Julius Thomas. He had several catches that were wow to watch. To me he still feels raw and will need time to be in the groove but more of his talent is showing through. At times he seemed kind of winded, so I don't think he is in total football shape. However being out for over a year I can understand why. His blocking still has a ways to go, but it is getting better. Green is great at blocking so another tough fight for the TE spots.

BTW DT and Deckers are in great football shape. They both did a really good job today. During the the walk through DT seemed to of lost concentration and would of had a pick from Champ if it had been in real time. Champ gave him that look like watch out next time it will be mine. Deckers had many great catches and is looking like the go to guy when things break down for Peyton....at least today....:D

Welker had another impressive day. This makes me so excited for the season to start. They got a gem. he makes getting open look easy. I'm sure there will be a whole lot more practice with timing but on the full on 11/11's he just gets open and can grab not perfect thrown balls.

Dreessen got more playing time today. Early on he looked a little stiff, but he looked much better later on the 7/7's and 11/11's.

The other WR that kept making great catches was Orton. He just has great hands and caught some tough, tough passes. He is going to make it tough to not put on this team. Caldwell has several too. A lot of good WR's going to be tough choice of who stays.

Hillman and Montee Ball both played with the 1st today. Both did better but again there is work to be done to get the timing going. Lots of quick wrap ups from the D. Both had some nice catches. Knowshon had some great catches from Peyton and Brock. Actually the run I remember that busted threw the best was Jeremiah Johnson and one of them was with the 2's.

Dysert threw the ball to Holliday today. They were good passes but the kid dropped more than he caught. Which is a bummer because the one he caught he was lighting fast.

I can't tell you how much better Brock is this year. He has really learned a lot from last year and his timing has gotten just a lot better. They had practice with long passes and he had many beautiful ones. I look forward to seeing him in some preseasons games to see if it all translates to real time.

Dysert has a great throw. In the long throw man he can lope it out there. On the 11/11's he is dumping very quickly. UR said he is afraid to read the D so he's getting it off quickly. Has some nice talent, I hope he can learn a lot over the year. He is getting a lot of work with the 3's and Katz is not so I have no idea what it means, but love watching Dysert pass.

One of interesting drills I saw today was they had the Safety bounce the ball in the air and the CB catch it.

The D line and LB did a lot and lot and lot of blocking/get around the blocker drills. There are some big boys on the line. I will say that Knighton does hustle to the next drill and he a major big boy. Both him and Vickerson has a major presence.

Was impressed with the play I saw from Shaun Phillips today. He just finds a way to get around the blockers very quick. Miller was with the 1st and has that talent that makes it look easy. Ayers was with the 1st's but can't remember anything bad or good. To be honest Phillips kept getting my attention.

Today Adams did a great Saftey blizz that would have creamed Brock if he could of. The smile on his face was got you.

Very impressed with Williams for his first day. Seems to be in great shape and has a lot of natural moves and already seems comfortable on the line. Would of had a clean sack on Brock if he could of.

Again the pass of the day was Brock to Caldwell, man when Cladwell get open he can flat out run. Nice long pass and great catch with a lighting run after.

Woodyard was the ham of the day. When they were walking up for a 11/11 day he got the crowd to start shouting DEFENSE....DEFENSE.....DEFENSE. Also I can't remember who broke up a pass but he recovered the ball and then Peyton grabbed him from behind. It was just fun to watch.

So a normal camp. The D is gelling faster like normal. The players are happy to be back on the field. Lots and lots of fans there to watch the practice and I'm so glad I won't have to decide of who stays and who goes. This is the only other report I can write this year. May be able to stop by for a little while over the weekend but I have so much to do before I head out of town early next week, I won't have time to do any more. I am so grateful for all you super kind comments.

So lets hope for lots of learning, no injuries and a great Bronco Season................p............:D

SR
07-26-2013, 09:40 PM
These reports put U29s "tweets" to shame. Good on ya Pola!

pnbronco
07-26-2013, 10:51 PM
These reports put U29s "tweets" to shame. Good on ya Pola!

Your so cute.... Hey if I was tweeting.....it would scary and so funny all at the same time....I can't type on my phone....but thank you so much....

One other thing I forgot to write earlier.

With the #2's I keep seeing # 55 Stewart Bradley just getting in the middle of everything. He broken through the lines, seems to meet the RB soon after they receive the ball. He just keeps getting my attention and I'm not looking for him. It feels like a good pick up right now. I want to see more of him and hope it all pans out.

Also Harris and Carter have their hands full with DT and Decker but have broken up more than one play. Moore has looked good too. I want to say he completely broke up one of Peyton's passes. I know it's hard to talk about him.....it's still painful but he has had a good camp so far.

Everyone have a great weekend. Who ever goes to camp this weekend it's up to you now.........

Jsteve01
07-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Bradley was a great signing, he's a classic 4-3 Mike and was totally miscast in zona. gives some nice insurance if Irving doesn't pan. i'd say he might be the safer pick at this point but Irving has a ton of big play potential. Thank you Pola

pnbronco
07-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Bradley was a great signing, he's a classic 4-3 Mike and was totally miscast in zona. gives some nice insurance if Irving doesn't pan. i'd say he might be the safer pick at this point but Irving has a ton of big play potential. Thank you Pola

You are so welcome. What I'm hoping is that it pushes Irving to a new level with someone biting at his heals and we find a way to use Bradley. Just feels like a good pick up for us.

Pudge
07-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Pola, your pm box is full

pnbronco
07-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Pola, your pm box is full

No big surprise I don't throw anything away. I'll try to clean some out....:lol:

pnbronco
07-26-2013, 11:33 PM
One last...last thing. I went to the store to ask about the bags we need to have to take things into the Stadium. For me with everything I carry, it's kind of a big deal. They didn't have them in yet and the girl thought maybe early Sept., which is strange with preseason before that???? Also when I asked if they had any idea on the price.....nope. I tried to sew one when this first info first came out....I think I'll try again when I get back from CA.....:banghead:

Davii
07-27-2013, 12:18 AM
One last...last thing. I went to the store to ask about the bags we need to have to take things into the Stadium. For me with everything I carry, it's kind of a big deal. They didn't have them in yet and the girl thought maybe early Sept., which is strange with preseason before that???? Also when I asked if they had any idea on the price.....nope. I tried to sew one when this first info first came out....I think I'll try again when I get back from CA.....:banghead:

Could you maybe modify a mesh laundry bag?

pnbronco
07-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Could you maybe modify a mesh laundry bag?

I can sew using clear vinyl and did so. I just don't normally sew bags so the size was wrong with what I ended up with. Sorry I need it to be the closest to the size we can take in. But thanks for the suggestion.