PDA

View Full Version : Source: Von Miller suspension wasn't triggered by positive drug test for Broncos linebacker

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Von Miller did not test positive for performance enhancing drugs or recreational drugs this year to trigger his NFL-imposed four-game suspension for violating of the league's drug policy, an NFL source said Friday.

There are numerous ways for a player to fail the policy. Missing a test or counseling session is a violation. Repeatedly showing up late for tests and behavioral issues also are considered compliance violations of the NFL's intervention program.

Miller was placed in the league's substance abuse program after he tested positive for marijuana during his rookie year in 2011.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_23741421/source-von-miller-suspension-wasnt-triggered-by-positive

Poet
07-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Now that is interesting.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2013, 08:50 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The Denver Broncos have never lacked for confidence in Von Miller on the field, and that confidence has not wavered now that the star linebacker is participating in training camp under the threat of a four-game suspension for violating the league's drug policy.

Miller has filed an appeal with the NFL to get the suspension lifted, and though such wins are rare, those close to Miller believe he will eventually be cleared. A person with knowledge of Miller's situation told USA TODAY Sports that the suspension was not the result of a failed drug test.

"He didn't test positive for anything," the person said.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because drug test results are to remain confidential. The NFL does not announce suspensions until after the appeal process is over.

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/26/von-miller-broncos-drug-test-suspension-teammates/2590931/?sf15435329=1

Nomad
07-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Who reported he tested positive for weed and Molly?:confused:

MOtorboat
07-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Who reported he tested positive for weed and Molly?:confused:

104.3 the fan.

atwater27
07-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Maybe he got caught with a whizinator.

Jsteve01
07-26-2013, 10:50 PM
well the good thing is we can continue to murder this guy for a while longer until we get the real deal as to what his violation was.

ShaneFalco
07-26-2013, 10:53 PM
thats some baloney. with some cheese on top.

Tned
07-26-2013, 11:44 PM
thats some baloney. with some cheese on top.

My heart felt condolences that he isn't the new poster bot for weed America...

Davii
07-27-2013, 12:07 AM
This is good news, hopefully he wins his appeal!

ShaneFalco
07-27-2013, 02:32 AM
My heart felt condolences that he isn't the new poster bot for weed America...
Yes because thats what i care about, not the insane suspension!

Chillez
07-27-2013, 02:58 AM
This is great news, hopefully he wins his appeal.

Dapper Dan
07-27-2013, 06:59 AM
well the good thing is we can continue to murder this guy for a while longer until we get the real deal as to what his violation was.

Are you talking about the 30+(I stopped counting) pages about how Miller may or may not be an idiot? The one that states over and over that he broke a rule that he knew was in place..

Northman
07-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Are you talking about the 30+(I stopped counting) pages about how Miller may or may not be an idiot? The one that states over and over that he broke a rule that he knew was in place..

Or the countless people who said that even if he did smoke pot, etc that it wasnt a bit deal.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2013, 10:31 AM
from article:

"I just believe that what he says is right, and what (he) believes is going to happen." Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard told Jones. "I have his back 100 percent, no matter what happens. He seems quite faithful that he's going to beat it, and we're quite faithful he's going to beat it. There must be something to (his confidence). We don't know what it is, but we believe in his confidence."

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000221916/article/von-millers-ban-reportedly-not-for-positive-drug-test

scott.475
07-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Other things that may trigger a failed drug test would be a positive test for masking agents.

I obviously have no idea what's going on here, just running scenarios through my mind. I know in other sports they test for masking agents. Blood doping, as well, I'm pretty sure is covered under the drug rules rules. Neither of those things would be a "drug" as we normally think about it, but should be covered by the rules.

Davii
07-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Other things that may trigger a failed drug test would be a positive test for masking agents.

I obviously have no idea what's going on here, just running scenarios through my mind. I know in other sports they test for masking agents. Blood doping, as well, I'm pretty sure is covered under the drug rules rules. Neither of those things would be a "drug" as we normally think about it, but should be covered by the rules.

COMPLETELY different scenario Scott. What you're talking about here is basically PED usage. Von's pending suspension/appeal is a result of some sort of violation of the substance abuse program, so drugs or something other than PEDs. Were PEDs involved it would've been a different violation and different suspension.

TXBRONC
07-27-2013, 04:35 PM
If this wasn't triggered by a failed drug test then what could it possibly be?

SR
07-27-2013, 04:39 PM
If this wasn't triggered by a failed drug test then what could it possibly be?

A few different things which have been listed

ShaneFalco
07-27-2013, 04:49 PM
i heard on the radio he used that "drug test clean" stuff. Where you drink it before you test, and it will test clean for drugs like marijuana.

But i didnt hear them use a source.

TXBRONC
07-27-2013, 06:55 PM
A few different things which have been listed

Yes some possibilities have been suggested but wonder which is or is it something completely different.

Joel
07-27-2013, 08:04 PM
It sounds like he flat out MISSED a test, which is usually considered equivalent of failing one without technically doing so (if people could skip tests without consequences no one would ever take one.) If that's what it was I guess it's good news/bad news: The NFL won't tolerate it, but he CAN serve in the TX Air National Guard and eventually be president. :tongue:

Simple Jaded
07-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Yes because thats what i care about, not the insane suspension!

Yeah, God forbid he get suspended for breaking the rules.

GEM
07-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Brandon christal from 104.3 reported the molly. piece. He said he couldn't name his source, but that his source was highly reliable.

Tned
07-27-2013, 09:25 PM
It sounds like he flat out MISSED a test, which is usually considered equivalent of failing one without technically doing so (if people could skip tests without consequences no one would ever take one.) If that's what it was I guess it's good news/bad news: The NFL won't tolerate it, but he CAN serve in the TX Air National Guard and eventually be president. :tongue:

Ok, on one hand, that was pretty funny. On the other hand, the P&R forum is that way ======>

Tned
07-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Brandon christal from 104.3 reported the molly. piece. He said he couldn't name his source, but that his source was highly reliable.

Ok, for someone from Arkansas who has lived a very sheltered life and thinks that having a couple beers and bottle of Merlot is letting it all hang out, WTH is molly?

Jsteve01
07-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Brandon christal from 104.3 reported the molly. piece. He said he couldn't name his source, but that his source was highly reliable. of course. I love it when these journalists get quote "reliable" unnamed sources. Especially when it relates to people's reputations. It's bullshit

Jsteve01
07-27-2013, 09:28 PM
it's essentially ecstasy tned

SR
07-27-2013, 09:31 PM
ok, for someone from arkansas who has lived a very sheltered life and thinks that having a couple beers and bottle of merlot is letting it all hang out, wth is molly?

mdma

Tned
07-27-2013, 09:32 PM
it's essentially ecstasy tned

Truly am ignorant on these matters. When they talk about an amphetamine failed test as a rookie, is Ecstasy speed/amphetamines, or would that be something like Meth, or good old traditional speed of some kind?

Tned
07-27-2013, 09:32 PM
mdma

Thought that was the "have fun with your date" (bad joke, I know) stuff, or is that a different initial?

CrazyHorse
07-28-2013, 02:22 AM
Thought that was the "have fun with your date" (bad joke, I know) stuff, or is that a different initial?

GHB, not that I know from experience.

Hawgdriver
07-28-2013, 03:44 AM
This is what Wiki says about MDMA.

MDMA can induce euphoria, a sense of intimacy with others, and diminished anxiety. Many studies, particularly in the fields of psychology and cognitive therapy, have suggested MDMA has therapeutic benefits and facilitates therapy sessions in certain individuals, a practice for which it had been formally used in the past. Clinical trials are now testing the therapeutic potential of MDMA for post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety associated with terminal cancer[4][5] and addiction.[6]

You seen Von in a presser? Dude is anxious. That's cool. I'm anxious. Watch him, he keeps drawing his shoulders up throughout the Q&A session.

Whatever. This isn't about Von's got problems, yada ya. Maybe he does, and if so, I hope he overcomes them, and I'm sure he will.

This is just to explore a theory.

MDMA has long been suggested as possibly useful in psychotherapy, facilitating self-examination with reduced fear.[11][12][13] Indeed, some therapists, including Leo Zeff, Claudio Naranjo, George Greer, Joseph Downing, and Philip Wolfson, used MDMA in their practices until it was made illegal. George Greer synthesized MDMA in the lab of Alexander Shulgin and administered it to about 80 of his clients over the course of the remaining years preceding MDMA's Schedule I placement in 1985. In a published summary of the effects,[14] the authors reported patients felt improved in various mild psychiatric disorders and experienced other personal benefits, especially improved intimate communication with their significant others. In a subsequent publication on the treatment method, the authors reported one patient with severe pain from terminal cancer experienced lasting pain relief and improved quality of life.[15]

So my theory is that Von is a high-achieving dude with a lot of stress, and this is self-therapy or whatever. Or maybe it's just a good drug, idk.

I'm just trying to understand, not trying to incite controversy. Anyway, the theory goes, Von is an exceptional dude. A lot of expectations, maybe placed on himself, maybe a residue of his past. Maybe it's just a fun thing that his bros got him into, and it fits. Maybe this is all bs and I'm staining his rep.

You know, I don't care. I'm over it. It's his life, and he can live it. I hope he makes good choices, and I hope he kicks ass this year and many more to come.

honz
07-28-2013, 07:43 AM
The correct term is "date rape".

Chef Zambini
07-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Now that is interesting.
a had to pare a phrase... trim the sentence
I had two pair, a phrase... used in poker
'I had to" paraphrase

"I love tacos"
a Parra phrase. D back fans understand this best.

Tned
07-28-2013, 09:37 AM
GHB, not that I know from experience.

Duhh, I knew that. The wine and headache had me not thinking clearly. Either that or my wife roofied me last night. :hmmmm:

Dapper Dan
07-28-2013, 11:45 AM
The correct term is "date rape".

What other kinds of dates are there?

Chef Zambini
07-28-2013, 11:49 AM
What other kinds of dates are there?the sweet ones you eat.

Dapper Dan
07-28-2013, 11:52 AM
the sweet ones you eat.

Woah now. Keep it in the lounge.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Read the following a little while ago - OF COURSE, no one knows if this is fact, speculation, or something the person made up.

Mario Vetanze ‏@Sports_Pyramid

Von Miller's ban stems from him skipping a counseling session or test, but he did so because he was in Afghanistan. @VicLombardi @MikeKlis

Nick White ‏@TheNickWhiteFTW

@Sports_Pyramid @VicLombardi @MikeKlis According to who? Not surprised if it's true. Annoying when people don't wait for facts bef reporting

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

@TheNickWhiteFTW @Sports_Pyramid @MikeKlis the fact is he's facing suspension. That's a fact. Doesn't matter how he got there.

DenBronx
07-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Read the following a little while ago - OF COURSE, no one knows if this is fact, speculation, or something the person made up.

Mario Vetanze ‏@Sports_Pyramid

Von Miller's ban stems from him skipping a counseling session or test, but he did so because he was in Afghanistan. @VicLombardi @MikeKlis

Nick White ‏@TheNickWhiteFTW

@Sports_Pyramid @VicLombardi @MikeKlis According to who? Not surprised if it's true. Annoying when people don't wait for facts bef reporting

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

@TheNickWhiteFTW @Sports_Pyramid @MikeKlis the fact is he's facing suspension. That's a fact. Doesn't matter how he got there.

Any truth to this?

Davii
07-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Any truth to this?

I guess we'll find out for sure in about three weeks

Tned
07-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I guess we'll find out for sure in about three weeks

If there is, and that is what happened, then I imagine he wins the appeal, as I don't think the NFL would want the publicity of suspending a player for missing a test/therapy session, because he was in Afghanistan visiting the troops. Now, that said, if that is the reason, it's hard to imagine the suspension was issued in the first place, unless they never talked to Von first to get details and just suspended him and he is telling the truth that the first he heard about it was when he saw it on Twitter.

MOtorboat
07-28-2013, 08:35 PM
If there is, and that is what happened, then I imagine he wins the appeal, as I don't think the NFL would want the publicity of suspending a player for missing a test/therapy session, because he was in Afghanistan visiting the troops. Now, that said, if that is the reason, it's hard to imagine the suspension was issued in the first place, unless they never talked to Von first to get details and just suspended him and he is telling the truth that the first he heard about it was when he saw it on Twitter.

This is the only scenario presented thus far that would make me exhale.

Dapper Dan
07-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Dang. So he got high in Afghanistan on that good weed.

SR
07-29-2013, 08:50 AM
This is what Wiki says about MDMA.

It has medicinal value! LEGALIZE IT NOW!

ShaneFalco
07-30-2013, 12:49 PM
amazing how some posters can say whatever they want out of P&R.

CoachChaz
07-30-2013, 01:20 PM
amazing how some posters can say whatever they want out of P&R.

Well...it depends on which side of the coin you are speaking from. Does your comment fall in line with society's unwritten standards as well as the majority of the population here? Then yes...your leash is much longer. Sad...but get use to it

Poet
07-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Well...it depends on which side of the coin you are speaking from. Does your comment fall in line with society's unwritten standards as well as the majority of the population here? Then yes...your leash is much longer. Sad...but get use to it

I feel as if that his poorly worded posts that are ad nauseum contribute to his 'plight' more than his stance.

CoachChaz
07-30-2013, 04:47 PM
I feel as if that his poorly worded posts that are ad nauseum contribute to his 'plight' more than his stance.

Most likely. I tend to agree with most...not all...of what he and chronic have said. Yet, I havent needed my special shitstorm umbrella

Poet
07-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Most likely. I tend to agree with most...not all...of what he and chronic have said. Yet, I havent needed my special shitstorm umbrella

Bingo. I often agree with the conclusion of what Chronic thinks. It's the fact that he gets to that conclusion via youtube vids and social media that bothers me so much. That and the fact that he writes and types like I did when I was....actually I never wrote or typed like him.

Tned
07-30-2013, 05:02 PM

The issue is not what he believes, but working so hard to crusade for it in Broncos Talk. These threads are about Miller and his potential suspension, not about wether federal law it's wrong, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

ShaneFalco
07-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Crusade. lol. I answered and replied to people.

Dzone
08-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Nate Jackson, former Bronco, on 1043 today saying he estimates 30-40% of NFL smokes weed. He said it is much safer than all the pills they take and that the NFL should be progressive on the subject. NFL tests for weed once per year at mini camp.
He has a new book about the NFL.
Cant wait to get this book
http://www.amazon.com/Slow-Getting-Up-Survival-ebook/dp/B00BATG1AS

Thnikkaman
08-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Maybe he got caught with a whizinator.

I never figured Von to be someone to use a Rubba Donga