PDA

View Full Version : Why is D. Thomas so underrated?

Poet
07-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Last year he finished fourth in receiving yards. He finished ahead of three guys who make way more headlines than he does. A.J. Green, Julio Jones and Dez Bryant. Now those guys might have been a bit more consistent and productive in their first year or so, but why doesn't your boy get more credit?

Is it because of just one 'successful' year? Is it because his QB is Peyton Manning? Do people think the surrounding talent around him carries him, or less harshly put, greatly assists him?

Do you like that he's being slept on?

Buff
07-26-2013, 07:21 PM
It's the combination of coming up in a relatively anonymous Georgia Tech program that didn't pass and then having to catch balls from Orton and Tebow... He always had the talent, but not the production to match.

He will solidify himself as one of the top WRs if he stays healthy all year.

Nomad
07-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Tebow made him famous:D

Poet
07-26-2013, 07:22 PM
It's the combination of coming up in a relatively anonymous Georgia Tech program that didn't pass and then having to catch balls from Orton and Tebow... He always had the talent, but not the production to match.

He will solidify himself as one of the top WRs if he stays healthy all year.

I think he's just as good as Green and Jones, if not better.

Buff
07-26-2013, 07:25 PM
I think he's just as good as Green and Jones, if not better.

I think those guys are more polished... But with two years of learning under Peyton Manning and his measurables, he has all the potential in the world to be the 2nd best WR in the game.

ShaneFalco
07-26-2013, 07:27 PM
his college teammate Calvin Johnson.

Poet
07-26-2013, 07:28 PM
I think those guys are more polished... But with two years of learning under Peyton Manning and his measurables, he has all the potential in the world to be the 2nd best WR in the game.

Thomas is going to make DB's spread'em.

WTE
07-26-2013, 08:04 PM
OMG King! What a kiss ass you have become! Why don't you just stick your boner up Bronco Nation's butt!

Poet
07-26-2013, 08:07 PM
OMG King! What a kiss ass you have become! Why don't you just stick your boner up Bronco Nation's butt!

I am your better. Show me respect.

Nomad
07-26-2013, 08:07 PM
omg king! What a kiss ass you have become! Why don't you just stick your boner up bronco nation's butt!

lol!

Poet
07-26-2013, 08:10 PM
lol!

Shut up.

Davii
07-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Last year he finished fourth in receiving yards. He finished ahead of three guys who make way more headlines than he does. A.J. Green, Julio Jones and Dez Bryant. Now those guys might have been a bit more consistent and productive in their first year or so, but why doesn't your boy get more credit?

Is it because of just one 'successful' year? Is it because his QB is Peyton Manning? Do people think the surrounding talent around him carries him, or less harshly put, greatly assists him?

I think he's right up there with the best in the league, but he's not a guy that talks trash in interviews, acts like a diva, etc. He'll get noticed more with another top 5 year.

WTE
07-26-2013, 08:20 PM
King, make a thread about how Knowshown carried their running game late last year and deserves a legitimate chance!

Poet
07-26-2013, 08:22 PM
King, make a thread about how Knowshown carried their running game late last year and deserves a legitimate chance!

No. That would be stupid.

WTE
07-26-2013, 08:30 PM
King, I am going to crap all over this thread. Don't ever do this again!!

Poet
07-26-2013, 08:34 PM

I like light skinned big booty bitches.

Davii
07-26-2013, 08:36 PM

WTE
07-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Duh uh, hey guys.

Hey, now that Wes Welker is da third rewceiver behind uh Demaryius and Decker do you tink Wes most underated 3rd receivrer in Duh League?

#Drool

Poet
07-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Duh uh, hey guys.

Hey, now that Wes Welker is da third rewceiver behind uh Demaryius and Decker do you tink Wes most underated 3rd receivrer in Duh League?

#Drool

You need to stop.

WTE
07-26-2013, 08:51 PM
You need to stop.

No. You need to learn your lesson. Take off your Broncos Tighty Whities and go to bed now King! Naked!!

Poet
07-26-2013, 08:52 PM
No. You need to learn your lesson. Take off your Broncos Tighty Whities and go to bed now King! Naked!!

You have made a poor decision.

SR
07-26-2013, 08:53 PM

You're being a real piece of crap tonight.

WTE
07-26-2013, 08:54 PM
You're being a real piece of crap tonight.

You should know what a piece of crap looks like.

Poet
07-26-2013, 08:55 PM

You don't speak to SR that way, boy.

SR
07-26-2013, 09:05 PM

I party.

MOtorboat
07-26-2013, 09:12 PM
his college teammate Calvin Johnson.

Never were on the field together. If anything, Johnson's success allowed Thomas to be seen as a first round pick.

MOtorboat
07-26-2013, 09:12 PM
And he's had one good year out of three and has battled injuries. Those other players have had better, more consistent numbers in their first few seasons.

SR
07-26-2013, 09:36 PM
And he's had one good year out of three and has battled injuries. Those other players have had better, more consistent numbers in their first few seasons.

Frankly, DT's health still concerns me. He played all 17 games last year but was nicked up most of the season. For a few games he was nursing that contusion on his leg. I just wanna see him string 3-4 years of 13-16 games before I quit worrying about his health.

DenBronx
07-26-2013, 09:50 PM
DT is very underrated. He doesnt have a diva ego like Dez Bryant either that comes with his talent.

Maybe someone put AJ, Jones, Bryants and DTs stats all in here then we can compare them all.

Julio is a damn good reciever though and so is Green. These guys are going to all tear it up for years to come. I bet money that Bryant becomes a headache again for the Cowgirls though.

Jsteve01
07-26-2013, 11:08 PM
I really like what's going on this thread. Good vibe happening hear. WTE you could learn a thing or two from King and Pags.

tomjonesrocks
07-27-2013, 10:01 AM
The thing I worry about big time with Thomas is his durability. Even making it through the season without major injuries, it seemed like every game there would be -something- that resulted in him leaving the field and worryingly getting looked at by medical personnel.

For that and missing so much time with injury early in his career, it's hard to put him alongside the Fitzgeralds and whatnot. I find it hard to be really confident about him.

TXBRONC
07-27-2013, 10:48 AM

No it doesn't bother me. Let the media ignore him defensive coordinators won't. Part of the reason he is ignored is the market he's in. Yes I know the Bengals in huge market either but Green was taken pretty high in the draft IIRC and he preformed great in his rookie season. Bryant plays for the Cowboys so that contributes to why he gets so much publicity. Thomas' rookies hindered by by injuries and he wasn't being used much as a receiver McDaniels the genius that he is was using him primarily as a kick returner when he was healthy. His second was shortened by the Achilles injury and when he returned he came back spread option offense which isn't going be condusive consistent big numbers.

Jsteve01
07-27-2013, 12:19 PM
on an aside how in the world does GT recruit all these world class receivers? "You see son our formula for success is to run the ball relentlessly and then only throw deep routes. Just look what it did for Calvin Johnson." I mean seriously they've had more big physical receivers drafted in the first than any other program I can think of in the past 6 years.

MOtorboat
07-27-2013, 12:25 PM
on an aside how in the world does GT recruit all these world class receivers? "You see son our formula for success is to run the ball relentlessly and then only throw deep routes. Just look what it did for Calvin Johnson." I mean seriously they've had more big physical receivers drafted in the first than any other program I can think of in the past 6 years.

It's just the two of them. Oklahoma State, Alabama, LSU and Tennessee have done about the same thing. Granted Thomas and Johnson are probably better than the ones drafted from those schools.

Jsteve01
07-27-2013, 12:38 PM
It's just the two of them. Oklahoma State, Alabama, LSU and Tennessee have done about the same thing. Granted Thomas and Johnson are probably better than the ones drafted from those schools.

You're forgetting Stephen hill who was projected by many as a first round talent but fell to the early second. He's again a top notch athlete who just needs to get acclimated to the NFL game as well.

MOtorboat
07-27-2013, 12:41 PM
You're forgetting Stephen hill who was projected by many as a first round talent but fell to the early second. He's again a top notch athlete who just needs to get acclimated to the NFL game as well.

It is interesting how an option-oriented team can put out wide receivers like that. The other schools make sense. Oklahoma State throws the ball all over the place and the other schools have pro-style offenses.

MOtorboat
07-27-2013, 12:43 PM
It should be noted that Calvin Johnson played for Chan Gailey not Paul Johnson.

Poet
07-27-2013, 01:59 PM
I guess Georgia makes linebackers and wideouts?

TXBRONC
07-27-2013, 02:50 PM

IIRC GT didn't run the same style offense when Calvin was there. I think it was more of a pro style offense.

Northman
07-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Someone needs a nap.

Poet
07-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Someone needs a nap.

A dirt nap.

Northman
07-27-2013, 02:58 PM
I guess Georgia makes linebackers and wideouts?

And great HOF players like this!

http://www.1043thefan.com/Pics/The%20Drive%202012/terrell_davis.jpg

Poet
07-27-2013, 03:08 PM
He's a borderline candidate. If you've noticed, I only chime in when the twatmist starts to pour out and I hear "IT'S A CRIME HE'S NOT IN THE HALL!"

To which I can only laugh at. Just keeping it real.

BroncoJoe
07-27-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure he's underrated - he's not considered elite, but his name is always up there when receivers are talked about.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-27-2013, 04:11 PM

AJ Green yes, but I wouldn't agree that Dez has outperformed. He's been just as inconsistent.

MOtorboat
07-27-2013, 04:30 PM
AJ Green yes, but I wouldn't agree that Dez has outperformed. He's been just as inconsistent.

Fair enough, but he's got 600 more yards and 11 more touchdowns, and only missed five games.

Simple Jaded
07-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Thomas is a ProBowl talent but I don't think he's got Green/Jones talent.

Steelerguy
07-27-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm a lifelong Steeler fan, and use to live in the Denver in the 80's because I was a pro boxer managed by Sam Boardman at his gym in Globeville. I'm from Pittsburgh, and I can tell you that nobody in the Burg thinks D. Thomas is over rated. I think he will catch over 100 balls for almost 2000 yards this year. He is like Terrell Owens to me, he has the abilty to RAC, and the body to run you over.

If I could steal a guy for the Steelers, he'd be it.

SR
07-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Thomas won't put up the numbers this hear he did last year because of Welker.

Poet
07-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Where is WTE? I want to take this opportunity to call him a faggot.

TXBRONC
07-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Where is WTE? I want to take this opportunity to call him a faggot.

It's not like you would be slandering him.

Poet
07-27-2013, 09:10 PM
It's not like you would be slandering him.

This is true.

TXBRONC
07-27-2013, 09:26 PM
There are little details like Thomas wasn't in the offense much and when he was healthy he was primarily returning kicks. His second year we were running a read option offense and let's not forget the detail of who his starting quarterbacks were his first two season. I've been told that details like that have to be considered.

SR
07-27-2013, 09:33 PM
There are little details like Thomas wasn't in the offense much when he was healthy he was returning kicks primarily. His second year we were running a read option offense and let's not the detail of who his starting quarterbacks were his first two season. I've been told that details like that have to be considered.

You really need to proof read your posts

Hawgdriver
07-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Thomas won't put up the numbers this hear he did last year because of Welker.

You really to proofread your posts.

And no.

TXBRONC
07-28-2013, 12:26 AM

And no.

I'm not so sure Thomas won't end up with similar stats even with Welker in the slot. Manning had Stokely in his prime when they were both with Colts and I think his best season was around 70 catches. The guys that might see a dip in their production are Decker and our tight ends.

Hawgdriver
07-28-2013, 12:44 AM
SR made me think about it, but I still think DT is going to post $. So will Welker. Is not possible? Dude, on NES Baseball Stars I had dudes getting 175 HR in a season. This is that team.

SR
07-28-2013, 09:11 AM

And no.

Touché sir