PDA

View Full Version : 7/25/13 PN Camp Report

pnbronco
07-25-2013, 03:47 PM
First of all thank you so much UR for saving me a space today. Traffic was a bear getting to Dove and I would have been in some corner with nothing to see if it wasn't for you.

I can only go a few times this year due to my work schedule so I will try to pass on what I see. Remember I love football, but never played and really don't know crap about it. Love my players and the Broncos so here we go......

Beautiful, beautiful day out there today. The weather was as perfect as I can ever remember. Usually we get that hot am sun and soaking in our own sweat by the end but today the cloud cover was just enough to keep everything a pleasant temperature.

Which brings me to my first observation. Champ was wearing shorts that looked like sweats cut off well past his knees and leggings. In all the years I've gone I've enjoyed camp just that much more because he has great legs....beautiful calves So I was a little surprised that today he had on long sleeve shirt under his jersey, the big baggy and I mean super baggy shorts and the leggings. Also he wasn't out there near as much this year as in years past. Not a big deal in that he needs the work, it's just the first time I've seen him hold back a little.

Next it was so great to see Peyton take the field. What a difference a year can make. You could see just how relaxed he was and that he is all in as a Bronco. They worked a lot on timing today and it wasn't always good but they are so much further ahead than they were this time last year. You can just feel the chemistry between Peyton, DT and Decker. It reminds me of what I use to see him with Stok., they are just so much further ahead this year. Also wow is Welker special. You would never know that this is his first camp with Peyton man are they connecting. It should be a lot of fun to see them together when everything gets real.

Also Brock looks so much better this year. Good power on his throws, a lot more accuracy and just way, way more comfortable than a year ago. You can tell that he is reading faster and not having to think so much this year. He had had the throw of the day with a super long pass to King and it was a great catch, would have been a TD. Oh and if you missed it Brock changed his # to 17 so when you see highlights that's who it is.

Zac Dysert got most of the throws with the 3's today He's got a great spiral and a very accurate pass. I look forward to watching him this preseason. I think he will push Brock and that's a good thing. The plays broke down pretty fast once that started the 7/7 ad 11/11, not use to how fast everything is yet, but given time and practice he has some great raw talent.

Watched Ryan Katz a little and he wasn't bad but he didn't get my attention near as much as Dysert.

Other observation was that Moreno worked out with special teams today. The first time I have ever seen that, so it's nice to see that he is willing to fight for a spot on the final roster.

I did notice that Manny and Koppen kept trading off when working with Peyton. I will say that if there was one pause today it's that the D got through a lot at the end of practice on the 11/11's. It's only the first day and lots of timing to work out before the first game, but they D line was stronger IMO.

What a joy is was to watch Rogers-Cromartie. On the D this man is special. He is a mixture of been there seen that and quick on his feet. He broke a bunch of plays today and has a real nose for the ball. I really look forward to watching him.

Julius Thomas is a beast this year and I mean a beast. If he can get the timing done with Peyton wow will he be a force to be reckoned with. Carter and Harris looked like little kids as they were trying to cover him. I think Woodyard just bounced off him. He needs work but there is some serious raw talent there if they can develop it and keep him healthy.

The other person that caught my attention was Sealver Siliga he made a move on one of the O line guys that beautiful. He would have smashed Peyton into the ground if he could of. It feels like he has learned a lot in a year was really causing havoc out there.

Greg Orton has come a long way. Man this kid is long and lanky pulled a pass in that got the crowd really going. Lots of muscle and seems like he has a major wingspan.

DT and Decker look great. Still had some dropped passes and wrong routes but that's why we have camp to get everyone on the same page. The kids have grown up and there body language just has so much more confidence.

Didn't really notice the LB's today so will try to watch more of them the next time I'm out there. No strange body language from Von or with other players around Von. One guy I kept seeing on the field is # 55, Stewart Bradley. Was out there a lot with the 2's,

Kevin Vickerson and Terrance Knighton are big, big boys. They have a freight train type of feel about them and were a force on the line today.

Man is the turf amazing at Dove right now. The guys next to me kept arguing if it was turf or fake. I kept tying to tell the one that they just redid the whole field, but he wouldn't listen. The funny thing is that I had a couple of classes of Turf in college so it's one thing I know a little about....:lol:.

Just got some serious lighting by me so time to sign off. Camp is great, it was a long off season and I'm sooooo glad that football is back and the boys look great.

UR did a amazing job with tweeting today. You can go back and read what he posted at:ThefakeUR29 on twitter.

SR thank you so much for the hug....it really made my day.

Hope this gave you a little insight to those of you that can't make camp. GO BRONCOS and let's have a great, safe preseason, with the cream all rising to the top..........:D........p

LTC Pain
07-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks pnbronco!!!

MasterShake
07-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the report, as always! I always try and at least make the scrimmage at the stadium every year but will miss it all. These camp reports from fans are always welcome. And I for one like that you are not an X's and O's person like some like to think they are. Just tell me what looked good and bad and I will be happy. :D

This season is really getting me pumped up. I remember last year it just seemed like we were waiting for Mannings head to roll to the sidelines after a little bit of contact. I like to think Super Bowl every year, but to actually have a team that you know can contend is really exciting! And Welker... man, Wes Welker sounds awesome!

GEM
07-25-2013, 04:01 PM
I love me some Pola! :D

Skinny
07-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Always enjoy reading your reports PN. Thanks for taking the time.

underrated29
07-25-2013, 04:28 PM
You're the best P. I'll see ya tomorrow

atwater27
07-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Any insights into our rookie running back?

Tned
07-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Great report, thanks!!!

SR
07-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Great write up Pola! You're the best!

pnbronco
07-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Any insights into our rookie running back?

UR is better at watching RB's than I am. But I remember seeing Hillman a lot with the 1's and looked better than last year but I don't remember going wow. Montee Ball did a good job of getting open to catch the ball but I remember him getting wrapped up a lot very soon. I just think it takes a lot of work for the OL and RB to get on the same page and really punch those holes. I just felt like the OL was trying to gel today and they felt jerky to me if that makes sense. It being the first day I'm really not worried.

Thank you to everyone for you kind words. Most of you know how much I hate writing, can talk to a walk but hate to write. I know that all of you love this team like I do and just want to get a feeling of what's going on down at Dove. Have a great evening everyone....:D

Dzone
07-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Sure appreciate the report!

MOtorboat
07-25-2013, 11:11 PM
So awesome. Don't sell yourself short, Pola, a perfect review of camp.

Who needs that crackpot @ThefakeUR29?

DenBronx
07-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Am I the only one that is a little worried about losing McGahee?

MOtorboat
07-25-2013, 11:24 PM

Yep.

underrated29
07-25-2013, 11:24 PM

Yup.

Hawgdriver
07-26-2013, 07:32 AM

Well, in time Hillman or Ball could develop the skills necessary to match his production from the fumbleback position...time will tell.

But I do share your concern that we might be a little...underdeveloped at RB. I guess my expectations of Ball are not as high as others. I just don't know that he'll get the reps he needs to be ready to execute flawlessly on gameday. He needs to or Peyton will be on his rear end and Ball will be back on the bench. And I'm not worried about his running ability--but it would be nice to see some evidence that he'll translate that ability to the NFL. My hopes actually rest most with Hillman for the first half of the season. And again, the word I'm thinking that describes my concern is underdeveloped. Let him prove me wrong!

Foochacho
07-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Every year I hear how great Julius Thomas is in camp. Is it for real this time? Will this guy actually live up to the hype. I am waiting for this beastly athletic tight end to emerge.

pnbronco
07-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Every year I hear how great Julius Thomas is in camp. Is it for real this time? Will this guy actually live up to the hype. I am waiting for this beastly athletic tight end to emerge.

I understand how it can seem. I talked to Julius a little while back and I don't think any of us knew just how hurt he was and how they didn't really diagnosis what was really his problem till right before camp when he had the surgery. He did a interview on The Fan and went into detail of what all was wrong with him this Spring too. I can't remember off the top of my head what he had surgery for but it was a long recovery for him and he is finally feeling stronger and healthy. I wish you could see him on the field, it's hard to explain just how big he is but can move with grace and agility. I know only a few Basket Ball players really make it in the NFL but if they can harness that talent of his......this kid will be a force to be reckon with.

He will be that TE we have been drooling over on other teams. I really hope it all works out for him, because he is a very nice man too.....

Jsteve01
07-26-2013, 11:13 PM

two nasty ankle injuries to start the season have really impacted his ability to make some noise. If healthy, I can't help but drool over the idea of having he, DT and Decker phyically punking smaller dbs

Jsteve01
07-26-2013, 11:14 PM
I understand how it can seem. I talked to Julius a little while back and I don't think any of us knew just how hurt he was and how they didn't really diagnosis what was really his problem till right before camp when he had the surgery. He did a interview on The Fan and went into detail of what all was wrong with him this Spring too. I can't remember off the top of my head what he had surgery for but it was a long recovery for him and he is finally feeling stronger and healthy. I wish you could see him on the field, it's hard to explain just how big he is but can move with grace and agility. I know only a few Basket Ball players really make it in the NFL but if they can harness that talent of his......this kid will be a force to be reckon with.

He will be that TE we have been drooling over on other teams. I really hope it all works out for him, because he is a very nice man too..... great minds eh? see my post lol

Foochacho
07-26-2013, 11:39 PM
I was looking at some official camp pics and he was featured in a lot of them. Usually starters and rookies get all the pic time, makes me wonder if the broncos think this may be his year as well.