PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Training Camp- 10 Things You Can be Sure Of

Ziggy
07-25-2013, 11:34 AM
1. The Broncos averaged 30 points per game last year on offense. Add Welker, Vasquez, and Ball. 'Offense Unstoppable'. It will show in camp.
2. Alfred Williams will try to make us believe that he can evaluate talent by attempting to claim future stardom for at least one average at best player. His past debacles....Jarvis Moss, Niko Koutouvites, and Joe Mays.
3. Cecil Lammey will try to out-do Alfred by doing his best to put Ronnie Hillman and Julius Thomas in the training camp hall of fame once again.
4. Champ Bailey will defy all odds and look like a 20 year old corner running around with the youngsters.
5. John Fox will claim that he wouldn't call any plays differently in the playoff game against the Ravens.
6. "Balls wobbling" will not be synonymous with Peyton Manning reports this year. (perhaps there is a better way to phrase that)
7. Training camp crowds will be at record numbers once again.
8. The return of Jack del Rio for his 2nd straight year as defensive coordinator will have as much impact on this team as any free agent that was signed outside of Wes Welker.
9. This team will show a swagger not seen in Dove Valley since 1997.....and for good reason.
10. Those of us who are lucky enough to make it out to training camp practices will be able to one day say that we were there at the beginning of the journey. Which journey you ask? The one that ended in Peyton Manning and John Elway holding up the same Lombardi trophy in celebration of the 2013 NFL season.

rationalfan
07-25-2013, 01:51 PM
i get that not everyone likes what alfred williams does on the radio. but it's funny that he gets criticized for doing the same exact thing most of us on this board do - champion particular players/storylines.

not that he's above criticism, but much of the ripping feels rather hypocritical.

underrated29
07-25-2013, 02:01 PM
well let me tell you, ronnie and JT both looked pretty damn good today. Its one practice and the first practice but JT started over everybody out there and man or man is he big. He looks like a lineman but he runs. I like him, a lot! He keeps it up and I will hop on that train.

slim
07-25-2013, 02:10 PM
well let me tell you, ronnie and JT both looked pretty damn good today. Its one practice and the first practice but JT started over everybody out there and man or man is he big. He looks like a lineman but he runs. I like him, a lot! He keeps it up and I will hop on that train.

Tell me about Ronnie and Monte. Was Knowshon ready to practice?

Ziggy
07-25-2013, 02:18 PM

Good, because I hope that Lammey is right on both of them. JT has always looked good running and receiving. His problem has been that he can't block or stay out of the trainer's room, and neither usually show up until the games start.

slim
07-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Ziggy - did you go to camp today?

Ziggy
07-25-2013, 02:21 PM
i get that not everyone likes what alfred williams does on the radio. but it's funny that he gets criticized for doing the same exact thing most of us on this board do - champion particular players/storylines.

not that he's above criticism, but much of the ripping feels rather hypocritical.

Alfred is just over the top. He went ballistic when we drafted Wolfe, again when we drafted Sly, and claimed for 3 years that Moss had stardom in his future. You would think that a guy who played DL in the NFL might have a clue when it comes to Dlineman, especially when he sees them practice every day. Half of the time I think he does it just to get attention. I loved him as a player, but he has no clue when it comes to evaluating talent on the field.

Ziggy
07-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Ziggy - did you go to camp today?

No, I'm going next Wednesday with my son, to the scrimmage the following Saturday, and then to camp again with a buddy the next Monday.

underrated29
07-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Tell me about Ronnie and Monte. Was Knowshon ready to practice?

not much to be said as I was tweeting the enire time. In the agility drills ronnie looked really good, i have to say. He dipped his shoulders low and kept up his speed. Knowshon did his side to side cuts but loses speed. Montee looked good but ran high.

All the backs caught passes well. I am worried about hillmans Pass pro though- I think if the d was trying they would have flattened him. Forgot about knowshons injury and maybe thats why I didnt see him get any LIVE work. He did play on ST on punt converage.

Ronnie had one real nice run, quite a few others will minimal gains. Same with ball. Ball did a nice spin on some defender who broke in backfield untouched but when he made it back to the LOS he was stuffed.

It was real hard to tell because they were not hitting and not in full pads. I think that is where montee separates himself, until then its ronnies show. but that is just a guess on my part.

Ziggy
07-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the updates UR. You going to do a full report for today?

OrangeHoof
07-25-2013, 06:18 PM
If Orange Julius can run to a spot on the field in x amount of time, turn and hold onto a pass, Manning will make sure he has a place in the offense. If he can't, he won't.

underrated29
07-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the updates UR. You going to do a full report for today?

Nah as I didn't really get to focus on any one thing. It would suck.

LTC Pain
07-25-2013, 07:11 PM
If Orange Julius can run to a spot on the field in x amount of time, turn and hold onto a pass, Manning will make sure he has a place in the offense. If he can't, he won't.

Yea but their is more to Thomas' potential/ceiling than that. He's too fast to be covered by LBs and too physical to be covered by CBs. Now if he can just avoid injury and stay on the field!

Italianmobstr7
07-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Stoked to be going to camp this weekend! Our offense is going to be tough to stop this year I think. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ziggy
07-25-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm looking forward to the Mobster camp report.

Army Bronco
07-25-2013, 10:11 PM
I think our secondary will be outstanding this year.

Jsteve01
07-25-2013, 10:56 PM

I've already suggested that he may make Tamme expendable. I'll say it again. If healthy he will push for serious playing time and Manning will find he likes him in the same way he likes DT.