PDA

View Full Version : Broncos preparing as if Von Miller will play in opener

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2013, 07:21 PM
some things from article:

When the Broncos hold their first practice Thursday morning, Miller will line up with the starting defense, and Fox said the team will prepare camp as if Miller will be playing in the season opener on Sept. 5.

Bailey, as the Broncos' most tenured player and a returning team captain, said he'll offer Miller whatever support he needs through the appeal process.

"It's his problem, but as a teammate and a friend I want to be here for him," Bailey said.

Earlier, Bailey told reporters he would be surprised if Miller's suspension is upheld because he didn't believe Miller would do anything to put the Broncos or Miller's own career in jeopardy. Miller and Bailey traveled to the Middle East together on a league-sponsored USO Tour this spring, and all indications from Miller was how focused he was on training for the 2013 season, where he would be asked to take on an even larger role after the Broncos lost defensive end Elvis Dumervil.

"I stand by my guy 100%," Bailey said.

full article - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/07/24/broncos-von-miller/2584277/

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports

broncohead
07-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Hopefully they are also preparing for the possibility of him not being there. I don't doubt we would have the same gameplan if he wasn't able to suit up for 4 weeks. Oh well time will tell

Jsteve01
07-24-2013, 10:32 PM
The phillips signing is huge right now. Most of us envisioned him as a situational pass rusher who would give Von the occasion breather. Well that potentially changed

Ravage!!!
07-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Hopefully they are also preparing for the possibility of him not being there. I don't doubt we would have the same gameplan if he wasn't able to suit up for 4 weeks. Oh well time will tell

I think the play calling will generally be the same. We MIGHT not have the SLB blitz as often, but the next player simply has to step it up and play as well as they can. They obviously aren't going to get to the QB as much, but pressure and forcing the other team to block you can/will free up other players that have to step it up.

BroncoTech
07-26-2013, 03:27 PM
In these types of cases the appeal process could take a long time. They can get into the chain of custody of the sample and see if anytime it wasn't under lock and key and make sure it is checked out to a person in control of the sample, then see how many samples that person had in their control and if there was possible cross contamination. He could win appeal.

But most likely they make a deal and it could result in less than 4 weeks suspension and it could happen later in the season, when our player could use the rest, and a fresher player gets a chance to shine. Then our player comes back, fresher towards the end of the season with a chip on his shoulder. Who knows, it could actually help the team. It's not a perfect scenario but we can roll with it.

LTC Pain
07-26-2013, 03:33 PM
In these types of cases the appeal process could take a long time. They can get into the chain of custody of the sample and see if anytime it wasn't under lock and key and make sure it is checked out to a person in control of the sample, then see how many samples that person had in their control and if there was possible cross contamination. He could win appeal.

But most likely they make a deal and it could result in less than 4 weeks suspension and it could happen later in the season, when our player could use the rest, and a fresher player gets a chance to shine. Then our player comes back, fresher towards the end of the season with a chip on his shoulder. Who knows, it could actually help the team. It's not a perfect scenario but we can roll with it.

Can you provide a link to the info where Von has failed a sample?

rationalfan
07-26-2013, 04:36 PM

no offense, personally, man, but these are the kind of comments that make me go sideways.

do you (general sense) really think the coaches, the guys who spend 18 hours a day thinking about how to improve the team, aren't considering/planning/plotting a gameplan without miller? really?

EMB6903
07-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Prepare all you want. It's not going to replace Von.

He's the best player on this team.

rationalfan
07-26-2013, 04:44 PM
well, this is more hopeful.

"He didn't test positive for anything," the person said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because drug test results are to remain confidential. The NFL does not announce suspensions until after the appeal process is over."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/26/von-miller-broncos-drug-test-suspension-teammates/2590931/?sf15435329=1

EMB6903
07-26-2013, 04:55 PM
wasnt it adam sheftler that reported this story?

If so and if its wrong hes lost all credibility from me..... And I hope goes the same for the rest of the Bronco nation.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2013, 05:05 PM
wasnt it adam sheftler that reported this story?

If so and if its wrong hes lost all credibility from me..... And I hope goes the same for the rest of the Bronco nation.

If he missed a scheduled testing, that equals a positive test. Hopefully, there was a mixup as to the date Von was suppose to be tested.

SR
07-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Schefter will never lose credibility. He's the biggest and best NFL insider out there.

EMB6903
07-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Schefter will never lose credibility. He's the biggest and best NFL insider out there.

Not at all.

Schefter dreams he could be as good as jay glazier.

It's not even close

SR
07-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Not at all.

Schefter dreams he could be as good as jay glazier.

It's not even close

Lol

Chillez
07-27-2013, 09:59 AM

He has been for a while. I miss him reporting for Broncos back in the day.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2013, 01:57 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- If Von Miller is worried about the possibility of his looming four-game suspension to start the season, he sure isn't showing it.

The All-Pro strongside linebacker has had a terrific first few days of practice for the Denver Broncos after declaring on the eve of training camp that he did nothing wrong when word got out that he was facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

At a news conference before camp started, Miller said marijuana was ''absolutely not'' a part of his life. He later hinted that at 24, he was a changed man, saying, ''the guy I was yesterday is not the guy I am today. That guy I was two, three, four years ago is not the guy I am.''

His teammates, notably Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey, are standing tall behind him.

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos-lb-millers-play-unaffected-173319283--nfl.html

Simple Jaded
07-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Glazier is good, Schefter is better.

EMB6903
07-28-2013, 05:03 PM

Glazier is ways ahead of shefter.

Compare the stories that have been broken.

SR
07-28-2013, 05:11 PM

No way

DenBronx
07-28-2013, 05:46 PM

Not by a long shot.