PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: don't compare Von Miller and Ryan Braun

rationalfan
07-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Nice read. I like his points. Thoughts?

"But anybody who suggests the Super Bowl dreams of the Broncos are in danger of going up in smoke might need to find a legal way to relax. This just in: Football players have more in common with Snoop Dogg than with St. Francis of Assisi.
In 2012, Von Miller recorded 18½ sacks and made the league's all-pro team.
Yep, that evil weed obviously adversely affected Miller's job performance."

Full column:
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_23718928/kiszla-von-miller-ryan-braun-both-used-drugs

Northman
07-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Sounds like he just has an axe to grind with the NFL. He seems to be taking up issue with all sorts of things in this article which have nothing to do with the actual NFL rule.

This was the only part that made any sense and the only part that is important to Miller's case with the Broncos.

Yes, Miller knows the rules. He is guilty of being a knucklehead, particularly if a four-game suspension hurts teammates and causes them to stumble around in mediocrity during a tough September schedule that includes dates with Baltimore and the New York Giants.

His idea that Miller's pot smoking might lead to more jersey sales is a bit jaded as well. I would like think that if Miller became even more popular it would have to do with his play on the field, not because he does drugs. What kind of example is that?

The problem here is that Kizla doesnt seem to really understand that some of the examples (Snoop Dogg) he uses in this article dont apply to the rules of the NFL. No one gives a shit that Snoop smokes pot and does commericals, he doenst play on a NFL team namely the Broncos. And Braun? Shit, baseball has had issues with cheating going on for over a decade now if not longer. Tell us something we dont already know.

ShaneFalco
07-24-2013, 01:21 PM
good article. Mike Klis is 100% right.

rationalfan
07-24-2013, 01:55 PM
northman, you're not wrong concerning the rules of the nfl - or baseball, which is historically the most corrupted pro sport in america.

but i took the point of the column to be that people's opinions of drugs in our culture are antiquated and need to be viewed through a realistic, contemporary prism.

as for miller setting an "example," who's he supposed to be providing an ideal for? his job is to hit people really hard and punish them for trying to be successful. that's oppression, hardly something our children should strive for.

Hawgdriver
07-24-2013, 06:19 PM
I saw "Kiszla" and my eyes glazed. I wonder how many do that with "hawgdriver." But rationalfan makes good points, so maybe I'll read it if he thinks it's a nice article. Maybe.

Hawgdriver
07-24-2013, 06:33 PM
I think his best point is saying the NFL is hypocritical in banning brain-altering recreational drugs, but promoting brain-altering on-field violence.