PDA

View Full Version : #freeryanbraun

sneakers
07-22-2013, 05:53 PM
You know its true.

Thnikkaman
07-22-2013, 06:24 PM
That he was involved with PEDs?

Yep. He should give his RoY award to Tulo.

weazel
07-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Brauns a clown

Buff
07-22-2013, 07:23 PM
If I were the drug test specimine collector guy, I'd be holding a press conference right now.

chazoe60
07-22-2013, 09:38 PM
That he was involved with PEDs?

Yep. He should give his RoY award to Tulo.

That award that year just proved how little baseball writers care about defense. :smh: defense is part of the game too, clowns.

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Cheating douche bag.

OrangeHoof
07-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Selig still gives his favorite team preferential treatment. Everyone knows that Braun's and the Brewers' seasons were already over so this is like a meaningless suspension. Selig gets to look like he's fair when actually he's not punishing the Brewers hardly at all. In fact they may parlay it into a better draft position for next June.

Poet
07-22-2013, 10:40 PM
I told everyone that this guy was a cheater and that he got off on bullshit the first time. He's a cheating piece of a garbage and a liar. Lifetime ban his ass.

Thnikkaman
07-23-2013, 08:09 AM
I hope that this will lead to the end of guaranteed contracts in MLB, but that's like hoping that I win Powerball on Saturday when I have no intention of buying a ticket.

MOtorboat
07-23-2013, 08:35 AM
I hope that this will lead to the end of guaranteed contracts in MLB, but that's like hoping that I win Powerball on Saturday when I have no intention of buying a ticket.

This definitely won't be the catalyst for MLBPA to give up guaranteed contracts. HGH testing...now that's more likely.

MOtorboat
07-23-2013, 08:37 AM
BTW, Crasnick at ESPN and Passan at Yahoo! both have excellent columns about it this morning.

CoachChaz
07-23-2013, 08:54 AM
A-Rod and Nellie next?

MOtorboat
07-23-2013, 09:08 AM
A-Rod and Nellie next?

A-Rod's mysterious new injury Sunday night that he didn't even know about it sure points to it.

Dapper Dan
07-23-2013, 09:11 AM
ARod may be retired by the time his suspension takes effect.

MOtorboat
07-23-2013, 09:17 AM
ARod may be retired by the time his suspension takes effect.

Or the suspension may drive him to retire.

CoachChaz
07-23-2013, 09:21 AM
A-Rod will quietly be given the opportunity to retire before he is hit with a suspension. Baseball has tied itself to his name for too long to allow it's "king" to go down in flames like that

Dapper Dan
07-23-2013, 09:32 AM
A-Rod will quietly be given the opportunity to retire before he is hit with a suspension. Baseball has tied itself to his name for too long to allow it's "king" to go down in flames like that

Yeah, while totally ******* Pete Rose.

Thnikkaman
07-23-2013, 10:08 AM
This definitely won't be the catalyst for MLBPA to give up guaranteed contracts. HGH testing...now that's more likely.

But HGH testing won't solve the problem since players just need to be careful until they land their big contract, and then not give a **** if they get banned from baseball since they "earned" their payday.

Dzone
07-23-2013, 10:16 AM
65 games, thats ridiculous. Plus, Braun will lose only $3 Million of his $100 million contract. This goes to prove: It PAYS to cheat in sports! Sad but true. What percentage of people will NOT take PEDs if they can make $100 Million? The worst that happens is you get suspended, but by then, youre so rich you dont care. What a deal. Great way to discourage PED use...,NOT

MOtorboat
07-23-2013, 10:18 AM
But HGH testing won't solve the problem since players just need to be careful until they land their big contract, and then not give a **** if they get banned from baseball since they "earned" their payday.

A couple of things, though I agree with your sentiment.

Players are taking HGH to get big contracts, not necessarily playing until they get the contract and then taking HGH. And the MLBPA is never backing off guaranteed contracts.

Dzone
07-23-2013, 10:24 AM
what will MLB do to A-Rod? He used PEDs to get himself $275 Million. Will he get a lifetime ban as some are hinting?

Is A Rod a bigger jerk than Bonds? Have heard he is even worse, but I dunno.

MOtorboat
07-23-2013, 10:29 AM
How many billions of dollars is he responsible for helping MLB, the Yankees, the Rangers and the Mariners make?

I don't think the punishment will ever match up to the dollar figures.

BroncoWave
07-23-2013, 02:10 PM
I do think it's funny when people bash baseball players who use PEDs for tarnishing the history made by the noble players of the past. In reality, baseball players have been trying to cheat for as long as baseball has been around. Whether it be spitballs, scuffing, corked bats, you name it. The only difference is that the media back then didn't pry into things like they do today. People might be shocked if they every found out about all the cheating that really went on back in the day.

CoachChaz
07-23-2013, 03:23 PM
I do think it's funny when people bash baseball players who use PEDs for tarnishing the history made by the noble players of the past. In reality, baseball players have been trying to cheat for as long as baseball has been around. Whether it be spitballs, scuffing, corked bats, you name it. The only difference is that the media back then didn't pry into things like they do today. People might be shocked if they every found out about all the cheating that really went on back in the day.

Look at the Hall of Famers that admitted amphetamines ran rampant in baseball prior to PED's

Poet
07-23-2013, 03:35 PM

I find it to be a very inept comparison. I also don't think anyone really believes that the players of the past were noble.

Spitballs, corked bats, stealing signals, they all matter. Well, iirc after the Sammy Sosa incident they proven that a corked bat does little to nothing in regards to improving a player's chance to get a hit. Regardless, they all pale in comparison to the effects of Roids.

BroncoWave
07-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Regardless, they all pale in comparison to the effects of Roids.

So? Cheating is cheating. The science has just made it more effective now. You don't think players in the 30s and 40s would have used roids if they were available then?

Poet
07-23-2013, 03:40 PM
So? Cheating is cheating. The science has just made it more effective now. You don't think players in the 30s and 40s would have used roids if they were available then?

I'm a pragmatic man, BTB. For instance, taking the life of another human being is not illegal in all instances, and when it is, it's not punished the same way. If I shoot you in face after plotting to kill you for a week...that's not punished the same way as if I kill you in an automobile accident.

It's in human nature to cheat, and I understand that. They should have been punished severely now and back in those days as well.

CoachChaz
07-23-2013, 03:46 PM
I say let them all take what they want to take. It makes the games more interesting for those of us that spend the money on their ludicrous contracts and it makes their arrogant lives shorter. It's a win-win

BroncoWave
07-23-2013, 03:47 PM
It's in human nature to cheat, and I understand that. They should have been punished severely now and back in those days as well.

I'm fine with that too, it just pisses me off when people complain about it tarnishing the history of baseball, as if players haven't always been cheating.

Poet
07-23-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm fine with that too, it just pisses me off when people complain about it tarnishing the history of baseball, as if players haven't always been cheating.

I have an interesting analogy that I can't put in this thread because it's not the lounge.

BroncoWave
07-23-2013, 04:11 PM
I have an interesting analogy that I can't put in this thread because it's not the lounge.

F the police. If they delete it, they delete it.

Poet
07-23-2013, 04:13 PM
F the police. If they delete it, they delete it.

NTL is on a rampage. I dare not test him.

Thnikkaman
07-23-2013, 06:03 PM

Don't care.

I either want to see all bans on PED's lifted, or get rid of the guaranteed contracts. Yes, two extremes of the spectrum, but that's what I want. The argument that you are whining about is rediculous considering even MLB ballpark dimensions aren't standardized. People complain that Rockies offensive numbers are bloated due to elevation but turn a blind eye to the laughable dimensions of new Yankee stadium and Fenway Park.

Poet
07-23-2013, 08:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun-doped--lied-and-cared-only-for-himself-050550708.html

Braun deserves to be banned for life. He played the victim card and whined the entire time. I loathe him and his ilk. He's a piece of shit and I hate that people like him are in the majors.