PDA

View Full Version : **EDIT**Von Miller suspended 4 games, appealing.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Vic Lombardi and Peter Burns are saying a starter is going to be suspended four games for substance abuse, but they are not saying who. Burns hinted at a defensive player.

Anyone in Denver listening to the show?

Clarification: Substance abuse policy, not PED policy...

Dzone
07-22-2013, 09:17 AM
?????

Tned
07-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Vic Lombardi and Peter Burns are saying a starter is going to be suspended four games for PED's, but they are not saying who. Burns hinted at a defensive player.

Anyone in Denver listening to the show?

Damn. Das ist nicht gut!!!!

Dzone
07-22-2013, 09:18 AM
hahaha, I just heaqrd the same thing

Dzone
07-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks for moving this, I was posting the same time as mo lol

GEM
Vic Lombardi saying it is a prominent defensive starter. Will not give names because he has not spoken with the player, he has tried. Said it will come out anytime between now and Thursday. Said it will effect the team dramatically. Said they will need to find a player to help with depth and having the 2 front office guys out on suspension doesn't help in that situation.

ShaneFalco
Rahim The Dream Moore?

Dzone
07-22-2013, 09:21 AM
well, somebody has to know..they said a prominent bronco defensive starter, in appeals process. so its didnt just happen today..cant reveal name due to confidentiality...so we are a;ll left hanging for now

MOtorboat
I got it from twitter, fwiw...

ShaneFalco
damn that really sucks.

GEM
07-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Rahim The Dream Moore?

I don't think he's prominent. The way he's making it sound, I hope it's not the likes of Miller. Don't think so, but can't think of a more prominent player than him.

To get a suspension, this player has to have tested positive twice before. First offense is going into the program, second is a fine, third is suspension. SO who are our pot smokers?

GEM
07-22-2013, 09:23 AM
well, somebody has to know..they said a prominent bronco defensive starter, in appeals process. so its didnt just happen today..cant reveal name due to confidentiality...so we are a;ll left hanging for now

I'd imagine that now that Vic did the legwork but is respecting the players privacy, someone else will find out and release it. Other journalists were blasting him on twitter and texts that he wasn't releasing the name, so one of them will do some digging.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't think he's prominent. The way he's making it sound, I hope it's not the likes of Miller. Don't think so, but can't think of a more prominent player than him.

To get a suspension, this player has to have tested positive twice before. First offense is going into the program, second is a fine, third is suspension. SO who are our pot smokers? i dont think its Miller, i think it could be along the lines of Chris Harris or Woodyard tho.

GEM
07-22-2013, 09:26 AM
i dont think its Miller, i think it could be along the lines of Chris Harris or Woodyard tho.

I would hope that Woodyard isn't that dumb as he is asking for new contract.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Who do you think the prominent defensive players are ?

Champ, Von, Harris,....? Maybe Adams and Woodyard?

BroncoJoe
07-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Maybe one of our free agents? DRC / Quinten Jammer / Shaun Phillips?

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:31 AM
oh ya DRC forgot about him. Didnt Phillips have suspensions in the past?

Dzone
07-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Who do you think the prominent defensive players are ?

Champ, Von, Harris,....? Maybe Adams and Woodyard?
Hmmm it could be anyone...it will be a shock...well didnt we do without DJ last season for several games?4 games or was it 6? we did fine last year without him iirc

Tned
07-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Hmmm it could be anyone...it will be a shock...well didnt we do without DJ last season for several games?4 games or was it 6? we did fine last year without him iirc

It was 9 or 10 games. A six game suspension and then a 3 or 4 game suspension tacked on.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 09:37 AM
is this for sure PEDS or is it recreational weed?

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:38 AM
if its for recreational weed in a state where its legal, NFL needs to seriously relook at its rules, ill be pissed if thats the case.

BroncoJoe
07-22-2013, 09:39 AM
if its for recreational weed in a state where its legal, NFL needs to seriously relook at its rules, ill be pissed if thats the case.

Dumbest statement EVER.

But, let's not sidetrack this thread.

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 09:39 AM
is this for sure PEDS or is it recreational weed?

Substance Abuse. I had it wrong initially.

Williams got popped for substance abuse/conduct and PEDs in the same offseason, that's why his suspension was so long.

GEM
07-22-2013, 09:40 AM

Federal law and laws within an organization supersede local laws. Sorry.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Its not a dumb statement at all. Whats dumb is suspending people for a legal substance.

They need to release this name.

GEM
07-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Its not a dumb statement at all. Whats dumb is suspending people for a legal substance.

It's not legal in the NFL, doesn't matter if it is legal locally. These guys know this.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:47 AM
From what i have read in the press, about 50% of players in the NFL have marijuana substance abuse. Im not saying NFL doesnt have the option to do this, im saying the NFL needs to relook at its rules, unless they just like suspending people over and over for the same thing, which they may like, I dont know.

GEM
07-22-2013, 09:49 AM
From what i have read in the press, about 50% of players in the NFL have marijuana subtance abuse. Im not saying they dont have the option to do this, im saying the NFL needs to relook at its rules, unless they just like suspending people over and over for the same thing.

How about those people follow the rules and stop smoking pot. Especially since it's in their contracts. Just because a lot of them are doing it, doesn't mean the NFL needs to change anything. Have you seen some of the interviews with these guys? They talk like effing dumbasses. If I were a business, I wouldn't want that as a representation of my employees.

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 09:50 AM
It could just as easily be alcohol. We don't know yet.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:51 AM
But they dont follow rules. time and time again, whether the NFL or NCAA, this happens. Marijuana is everywhere in the USA.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Even though It is stupid to suspend someone in colorado for weed, thats an NFL rule so thats the way it is. League rules.
This is not sidetracking the thread. as long as they keep the name hidden, this whole topic is open to discxussion and speculation.
We are left to wonder what defensive player would possibly smoke dope or shoot PEDs. Fans demand to know now! lol
who do we play first 4 games?
Ravens
At Giants
Raiders
Eagles

BroncoJoe
07-22-2013, 09:52 AM
But they dont follow rules. time and time again, whether the NFL or NCAA, this happens. Marijuana is literally littered across the USA.

Take this crap somewhere else. I am looking to this thread for updates on who it may be, not your soap-box lectures on pot. Create a thread if you want to talk about it.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:53 AM
It could just as easily be alcohol. We don't know yet.

oh i thought someone said it was substance abuse earlier for pot.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Take this crap somewhere else. I am looking to this thread for updates on who it may be, not your soap-box lectures on pot. Create a thread if you want to talk about it.

Even though It is stupid to suspend someone in colorado for weed, thats an NFL rule so thats the way it is. League rules.
This is not sidetracking the thread. as long as they keep the name hidden, this whole topic is open to discxussion and speculation.
We are left to wonder what defensive player would possibly smoke dope or shoot PEDs. Fans demand to know now! lolthanks dz. thought police are on the prowl.

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 09:57 AM
We are left to wonder what defensive player would possibly smoke dope or shoot PEDs. Fans demand to know now! lol

It's not stupid. They can suspend players for alcohol abuse, too, and that's legal in all 50 states.

Chronic needs to take his damn weed soap box back to politics.

Dreadnought
07-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Please restrict talk on the pros and cons of pot legalization to some appropriate thread in P&R. Further discussion is off of the topic of a potential Broncos player suspension and will be deleted. TIA

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 09:59 AM
******* hilarious. As soon as someone brings up the NFL rules, mods turn this into some legalization debate. Class acts.

mopatt24
07-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Can anyone remember, who's failed before? I can't

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:02 AM
******* hilarious. As soon as someone brings up the NFL rules, mods turn this into some legalization debate. Class acts.

You turned it into the debate.

Wow.....just wow.

chazoe60
My gut is telling me it's DRC. Von or Champ haven't had problems in the past have they? I thought I remembered something about DRC having issues before. If this is a four game suspension then the person would have had to have an issue before also.

I could just be wishful thinking though, I really hope it's not Von.

Denver Native (Carol)
just found the following - from article

According to multiple people around the NFL, a four-game substance abuse suspension is handed down after a player is already disciplined twice in the past for the same problem. The past discipline could have been a fine, smaller suspension or even just a warning.

http://www.sports303.com/?p=58

If that is true, do we know who has already been disciplined twice in the past for the same problem?????? Could it be one of the new players?

GEM
Can anyone remember, who's failed before? I can't

They usually don't release the first and second. There is no reason to as it doesn't effect the team.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:03 AM
No i wasnt, all i said the goddamn NFL rules need to be looked at because of CO laws.

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Please restrict talk on the pros and cons of pot legalization to some appropriate thread in P&R. Further discussion is off of the topic of a potential Broncos player suspension and will be deleted. TIA

Perhaps starting a thread on the pros and cons of making marijuana legal in the NFL.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:09 AM
My gut is telling me it's DRC. Von or Champ haven't had problems in the past have they? I thought I remembered something about DRC having issues before. If this is a four game suspension then the person would have had to have an issue before also.

I could just be wishful thinking though, I really hope it's not Von.
I think DRC has issues before in Arizona. Im trying to look for previous violations to no avail.

underrated29
07-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Hopefully it was mike Adams.

Pot roast
Philips
Drc
Mike Adams
Jammer

My guess says one of these guys as we would likely know if it was one of our original guys. I'm thinking pot roast or drc.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Hopefully it was mike Adams.

Pot roast
Philips
Drc
Mike Adams
Jammer

My guess says one of these guys as we would likely know if it was one of our original guys. I'm thinking pot roast or drc.

Who?

Hardwired
07-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)5m (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/359329491958513664)
Broncos LB Von Miller is facing 4-game suspension for violating NFL policy, per ESPN sources. Case currently in appeals process.

BroncoJoe
07-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Jesus.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)5m (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/359329491958513664)
Broncos LB Von Miller is facing 4-game suspension for violating NFL policy, per ESPN sources. Case currently in appeals process.
damn that really sucks.

Thnikkaman

Just like the internet, the NFL is not a Democracy and can have stricter rules than the government in which it operates in. If you don't like it, don't invest your time or money in it.

GEM
That was my original thought, but dammit I was hoping it wouldn't have been him.

This just sucks all the way around.

With all the hooplah they were defining PROMINENT really heavily and he was the first that came to mind.

Von, ya ******* dumbass.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 10:19 AM
If a player has thus far been dominant with PEDS and dependent on them, his game could be seriously diminished once those enhancers are taken away.
Shawn Merriman, etc etc
Who looks like he is chemically enhanced? LOL...Ayers, his arms are huge...
we will be okay unless its von miller

(PSIf it is for weed and it was smoked in Colorado, this will be an Enormous news story. Whether we like it or not. Sometimes laws and sports cross lines)

Dzone
07-22-2013, 10:19 AM
von miller

Dzone
07-22-2013, 10:20 AM
&^%$#@@!!!! we lost von for 4 games..but its in appeals

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:20 AM
So is it substance abuse (pot) or is it PED's?

Alcohol isn't illegal in the NFL or elsewhere unless you get caught driving while having drank.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Will Von Be as fast ? as strong? damn this sucks

chazoe60
07-22-2013, 10:22 AM
****ity **** ****

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:22 AM
I guess I need a new jersey. My Decker jersey is bad luck, won't wear Miller jersey while he's ****** the team over, hmmmm.....time to buy my Gradishar jersey.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Honestly, I hope its weed and not PEDs. But please, thats just my opinion
Vons contract is up next year, he was in line to be the highest paid D player in the game

ShaneFalco
So is it substance abuse (pot) or is it PED's?

Alcohol isn't illegal in the NFL or elsewhere unless you get caught driving while having drank.
lol

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/kyle%20orton%20with%20bottle.jpg

underrated29
Will Von Be as fast ? as strong? damn this sucks

Pot roast is Terrence knighton

Zweems56
Well... it's my fault. I just bought a Von jersey.

My jersey selection now includes Nalen year before retirement
Portis year before trade
Cutler immediately after season before trade
Marshall year before trade
Knowshon year he was drafted (Home state kid, played against in HS)
Von

Girlfriend has Dumervil year before trade

******* **** shit tits goddamn it.

Denver Native (Carol)
Denver Broncos Pro Bowl linebacker Von Miller is facing a four-game suspension for violating NFL policy, per multiple sources.

The case currently is in the appeals process so it's uncertain whether the suspension ultimately will stand.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9498862/von-miller-denver-broncos-faces-suspension-sources

Vic just stated it is a "recreational drug"

GEM
lol

Como say WTF...

Dzone
07-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Von is facing strike 3. It is recreational drugs! NOt is NOT PEDs

Zweems56
I guess I need a new jersey. My Decker jersey is bad luck, won't wear Miller jersey while he's ****** the team over, hmmmm.....time to buy my Gradishar jersey.

Let me know where you get a Gradishar jersey. I've been looking for one for years. All I can find is Meck.

CoachChaz
We have the talent to overcome that. Phillips essentially plays the same position and Irving can slide to that spot as well. As long as the defense doesnt give up more than 30...we'll be in good shape.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 10:25 AM
He will still be just as good when he comes back. He should have known better than to smoke weed...******* stupid move. Von is going to lose Millions of dollars for toking

ShaneFalco
Honestly, I hope its weed and not PEDs. But please, thats just my opinion
Vons contract is up next year, he was in line to be the highest paid D player in the game

i agree, would suck if it was PEDS.

Ill still sport my Miller jersey with pride.

GEM
lol

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/kyle%20orton%20with%20bottle.jpg

Don't bring up Orton with me....everyone knows my nickname for the dork....the fainting goat. He sees a defender, falls to the ground in the fetal position...no contact necessary. :laugh:

Zweems56
rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9498862/von-miller-denver-broncos-faces-suspension-sources

Vic just stated it is a "recreational drug"

Yep. Definitely pot.

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Let me know where you get a Gradishar jersey. I've been looking for one for years. All I can find is Meck.

I found a couple in the sports shop down at Colorado Mills. They are pricey, but so worth it. I saw a Dennis Smith yesterday and I want one SO BAD!!!

chazoe60
07-22-2013, 10:27 AM

Denver Autographs. They have a store in the Colorado Mills mall and they also have a website.

Zweems56
I found a couple in the sports shop down at Colorado Mills. They are pricey, but so worth it. I saw a Dennis Smith yesterday and I want one SO BAD!!!

If you narrow it down to a shop, let me know. I'll be in Denver come december.

GEM
i agree, would suck if it was PEDS.

Ill still sport my Miller jersey with pride.

I'll sport it, after the suspension is done. He's put his team in a bad position during a Super Bowl run.

Zweems56
Denver Autographs. They have a store in the Colorado Mills mall and they also have a website.

Silver lining in this thread. Thanks man.

tubby
07-22-2013, 10:28 AM
:bandit:

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Can't say I'm overly surprised...

Dzone
07-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Wow...2 execs for alcohol and now pot...get ready for this POT discussion to be huge...You all mighht not like discussing the topic, but guess what? Marijuana just may have cost us a championship..
Ohhh wait, I need to take all pot discussions to the other forum!!!! Dammit
lol

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:30 AM
So ridiculous. Suspending one of best players in the game today, for marijuana in a state, where marijuana is legal.

Some of the greatest players of the game used marijuana to relax in the offseason. I think NFL seriously needs to re-look at rules. Google NFL and marijuana, see the massive amounts of news and suspensions. Its everywhere, and it needs to be addressed further, then just "NO TOLERANCE". These are not crack addicts, smoking a joint is nothing more then having a drink at dinner. Terrible policy.

Hope he wins the appeal. He is a great guy and no one should be suspended for this.

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Wow...2 execs for alcohol and now pot...get ready for this POT discussion to be huge...You all mighht not like it, but guess what? Marijuana just may have cost us a championship..
Ohhh wait, I need to take all pot discussions to the other forum!!!! Dammit
lol

Seriously?

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:31 AM
If you narrow it down to a shop, let me know. I'll be in Denver come december.

I just looked it up, their website is www.denverautographs.com

Retail locations
inside of Colorado Mills Mall (SE corner near Eddie Bauer)
14500 W Colfax Ave #383
Lakewood, CO 80401
Phone: (303) 462-1145
Email: DenverAutographs@gmail.com

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Don't bring up Orton with me....everyone knows my nickname for the dork....the fainting goat. He sees a defender, falls to the ground in the fetal position...no contact necessary. :laugh:

Fetal position orton! hahaha. I remember people calling him "The Bearded Wonder"

Dzone
07-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Is Legal Pot in Colorado going to cause problems with our sports teams? Hell second hand smoke can get you a positive UA for pot

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 10:33 AM
So ridiculous. Suspending one of best players in the game today, for marijuana in a state, where marijuana is legal.

Some of the greatest players of the game used marijuana to relax in the offseason. I think NFL seriously needs to re-look at rules. Google NFL and marijuana, see the massive amounts of news and suspensions. Its everywhere, and it needs to be addressed further, then just "NO TOLERANCE". These are not crack addicts, smoking a joint is nothing more then having a drink at dinner. Terrible policy.

Hope he wins the appeal. He is a great guy and no one should be suspended for this.

I'm not one to subscribe to High Times or go to marijuana rallies, but...I will get behind you in the fact that I've always believed suspensions for recreational drug use were ridiculous. I personally believe they should be up to the team as there is no competitive advantage to using weed or coke, etc.

mopatt24
07-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Its VON!!

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Is Legal Pot in Colorado going to cause problems with our sports teams? Hell second hand smoke can get you a positive UA for pot

It shouldn't if they read the terms of their CONTRACT. Just because it's legal in the state, doesn't mean it is legal with your employer. You are more than welcome to do it, they are more than welcome to fire you for it.

Northman
07-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Watch it be Von......

SR
07-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Absolutely not. If the NFL says it's illegal, it's illegal for the entire NFL regardless of where the team is located.

mopatt24
07-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Per Adam Schefter , its Von

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Watch it be Von......

It is... :lol:

SR
07-22-2013, 10:37 AM

You know where the door is.

Dapper Dan
Im getting sick of these 4 game suspensions. What other sports suspend players for a quarter of the season for something fairly small?

Dzone

Agree 100%. People think its perfectly cool to get wasted on alcohol but god forbid someone smoke a joint. Ridiculous. The judgementalism and self righteousness of some people is beyond reason. Abuse is another thing. We arent talking about booze or pot abuse.

The problem with this is now Von Miller will be demonized by some. For the rest of his career. It is what it is. It totally sucks

mopatt24
GEM, your sig about sums up my reaction right now

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm not one to subscribe to High Times or go to marijuana rallies, but...I will get behind you in the fact that I've always believed suspensions for recreational drug use were ridiculous. I personally believe they should be up to the team as there is no competitive advantage to using weed or coke, etc.

I haven't smoked since high school. I don't really care about smoking pot, right now, it's against the NFL rules. Until the NFL changes their stance, it effects the team.

My 18 year old smokes the crap out of the shit, it's not my thing, but I don't have issues with pot or pot smokers.

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:41 AM
GEM, your sig about sums up my reaction right now

Here we go. Added a line to it. ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
Im getting sick of these 4 game suspensions. What other sports suspend players for a quarter of the season for something fairly small?

If it's true that 4 game suspensions only come after a player has tested positive twice before, I don't consider it a fairly small reason. Also, I am not sure if it was Vic or someone else who said that the players know beforehand when they will be tested. Therefore, if Von knew when the testing would come, and still used it - that appears to me that it is now an "addiction" with him.

CoachChaz
I haven't smoked since high school. I don't really care about smoking pot, right now, it's against the NFL rules. Until the NFL changes their stance, it effects the team.

My 18 year old smokes the crap out of the shit, it's not my thing, but I don't have issues with pot or pot smokers.

I agree...and my 18 year has a knack for smoking it too. I think I may have done it about 5 or 6 times in the last 15 years, myself. My point was just that I have always thought suspensions for smoking pot were ridiculous. I can see the NFL getting involved in PED scenarios, but it should be up to the team to determine discipline for anything else.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:42 AM
It goes way beyond NFL as well, NCAA has huge problems with marijuana.

Northman

What a complete dumbass.

GEM
So, how does this effect Von's upcoming contract negotiations? If he is up for 4 this time, he'll be up for 8 the next.

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 10:43 AM

This.

SR
Well, this will certainly add fuel to my chest workout that will commense in t-minuse 30 minutes.

ShaneFalco
Absolutely not. If the NFL says it's illegal, it's illegal for the entire NFL regardless of where the team is located.

ok but that doesnt address the problem at all. People will use this plant regardless. We have been shown this, time and time again. Vons suspension proves it. This isnt a one time thing apparently for him to receive the suspension.

Again. The "Zero Tolerance" policy is a complete failure in the NCAA along with the NFL.

GEM
07-22-2013, 10:44 AM
I agree...and my 18 year has a knack for smoking it too. I think I may have done it about 5 or 6 times in the last 15 years, myself. My point was just that I have always thought suspensions for smoking pot were ridiculous. I can see the NFL getting involved in PED scenarios, but it should be up to the team to determine discipline for anything else.

I don't know that they should be enforcing something like this. Perhaps they should look at it like the NBA does. But until that happens, these guys need to knock it off. Seriously. 4 games is pretty huge after losing Doom.

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 10:44 AM
It goes way beyond NFL as well, NCAA has huge problems with marijuana.

But how often does the NCAA suspens players for marijuana use? Typically, the schools handle that

Northman
07-22-2013, 10:48 AM

Same, i smoked my share way back when but i find it hilarious when people act like they NEED it in their lives. Pretty funny but the NFL has their rules and Von was a complete dumbass for putting himself in that situation. End of story.

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 10:49 AM
ok but that doesnt address the problem at all. People will use this plant regardless. We have been shown this, time and time again. Vons suspension proves it. This isnt a one time thing apparently for him to receive the suspension.

Again. The "Zero Tolerance" policy is a complete failure.

The problem in this scenario and prety much any other discussion about marijuana comes down to the simple fact that there are people in the world that villify and detest marijuana and it's users for ONE reason. The fact that it is ridiculously considered illegal. You dont have to go into the comaprisons of the effects of weed compared to alcohol, because people already know them. And quite honestly, people already know that weed is probably a much safer recreational drug than alcohol is. But until the government finds a way to regulate it and legalize it...people will still be critics

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:50 AM
The problem in this scenario and prety much any other discussion about marijuana comes down to the simple fact that there are people in the world that villify and detest marijuana and it's users for ONE reason. The fact that it is ridiculously considered illegal. You dont have to go into the comaprisons of the effects of weed compared to alcohol, because people already know them. And quite honestly, people already know that weed is probably a much safer recreational drug than alcohol is. But until the government finds a way to regulate it and legalize it...people will still be critics

Agree 100%. People think its perfectly cool to get wasted on alcohol but god forbid someone smoke a joint. Ridiculous. The judgementalism and self righteousness of some people is beyond reason. Abuse is another thing. We arent talking about booze or pot abuse.

The problem with this is now Von Miller will be demonized by some. For the rest of his career. It is what it is. It totally sucks Totally agree. Von will be disliked now, but i think times are changing, just may take a bit for the NFL to catch up. Thats why i love Denver tho, i think many fans will not care. Only thing i care about is him missing games because of the policy, not because of his use. But thats just me.

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 10:51 AM
If it's true that 4 game suspensions only come after a player has tested positive twice before, I don't consider it a fairly small reason. Also, I am not sure if it was Vic or someone else who said that the players know beforehand when they will be tested. Therefore, if Von knew when the testing would come, and still used it - that appears to me that it is now an "addiction" with him.

All good points. I'm not sure on the exact rules. Maybe the linkmaster will post something. :lol:

SR

Again. The "Zero Tolerance" policy is a complete failure in the NCAA along with the NFL.

Just because people are breaking the rules doesn't mean they should change the rules. It doesn't work like that.

Northman

No its not, its called accountability.

underrated29
Chronic has a point if it is pot. We are absolutely going to hear about the legality vs the nfl policy and if they can/should enforce something that is not against the law.

Since its a union, can they really punish something that is not punishable by law? I do not know.

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Chronic has a point if it is pot. We are absolutely going to hear about the legality vs the nfl policy and if they can/should enforce something that is not against the law.

Since its a union, can they really punish something that is not punishable by law? I do not know.

Perhaps the reason for the "appeal process"

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Just because people are breaking the rules doesn't mean they should change the rules. It doesn't work like that.

True. But just because something is against the rules doesn't mean it's fully justified. Rules do change, ya know.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:54 AM
But how often does the NCAA suspens players for marijuana use? Typically, the schools handle that

Oregon. And i believe the NCAA stepped in, and Oregon has had to step it up since. At one time during 2010, i think more then half the team were claiming to have used marijuana.

Davii
Totally agree. Von will be disliked now, but i think times are changing, just may take a bit for the NFL to catch up. Thats why i love Denver tho, i think many fans will not care. Only thing i care about is him missing games because of the policy, not because of his use. But thats just me.

Von will NOT be disliked. That's a silly statement. Hopefully this is enough of a wake-up call for him.

rationalfan
CBS4 Sports says its Von Miller. damn.

for recreational drugs.

EDIT: ignore this. for some reason, only the first page of this thread appeared on my browser.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 10:56 AM

http://nuchronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/prohibition-ends.jpg

turftoad
07-22-2013, 10:57 AM
No its not, its called accountability.

This. He knows he's not supposed to smoke pot. Bottom line. Doesn't matter if it's legal or not. Its the NFL policy.

I don't care for the rule either but, it is the rule.

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Oregon. And i believe the NCAA stepped in, and Oregon has had to step it up since. At one time during 2010, i think more then half the team were claiming to have used marijuana.

Not even sure how the NCAA discussion got started here, but the NCAA has no jurisdiction in drug suspensions. That's a school by school policy. And the policies vary widely.

GEM
07-22-2013, 11:00 AM

Pot stays in your system an extreme amount of time. Even if he were to stop smoking, it could take up to 60 days for it to come back clean if he was a heavy smoker.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:00 AM

Yes, i am very interested to see how this plays out, however, state law says employers can still fire people for use. Probably will change overtime, but i dont know how this will play into his contract with the team and NFL org, since it is deemed illegal to them.

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Not even sure how the NCAA discussion got started here, but the NCAA has no jurisdiction in drug suspensions. That's a school by school policy. And the policies vary widely.

That was my original point. We allow the schools of this country to manage their own policies when it comes to recreational drugs, but the NFL franchises fall under the rules of the governing body. As I stated, it's always been my personal belief that teams should be allowed to dictate their own discipline.

Mr. Miller, you partake in a recreational activity that has never lead you to harm yourself or anyone else and has never affected your play on the field. So we're going to suspend you for 4 games.

tubby
07-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Tom Nalen‏@TomNalen21m
april 20th (no joke) through august 9th. this when players are tested for recreational drugs. lay off the pipe during this period

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Tom Nalen‏@TomNalen21m
april 20th (no joke) through august 9th. this when players are tested for recreational drugs. lay off the pipe during this period

Ahhh...the off-season. A player's time to relax and enjoy life. That makes sense

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Tom Nalen‏@TomNalen21m

That's the entire offseason.

tomjonesrocks
07-22-2013, 11:05 AM

It's ultra-frustrating he did this. But I forgot pot was legal there. That's what I don't really get about what good it does for states to make pot legal. Even if pot were legal in CA I still couldn't partake as I'd be risking my job which is an unacceptable risk.

Back to football, this ******* sucks.

Dapper Dan
Ahhh...the off-season. A player's time to relax and enjoy life. That makes sense

Damn you. That was my thought first.

Nomad
Same, i smoked my share way back when but i find it hilarious when people act like they NEED it in their lives. Pretty funny but the NFL has their rules and Von was a complete dumbass for putting himself in that situation. End of story.

Right on! Regardless if a person thinks the zero tolerance is petty, it's the rule and Von knew it. I held him up to a higher standard than this, but if you want to ignore the rules then you pay the consequences and so does the team. Very disappointed in the kid.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Tom Nalen‏@TomNalen21m

ouch 420, Thats like trying to charge people for public intoxication during Oktoberfest.

Mike
07-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Von will NOT be disliked. That's a silly statement. Hopefully this is enough of a wake-up call for him.

If it were steroids then I would be upset. For weed? I don't care that he used it, I am pissed that he has screwed the team for personal pleasure though. He knew that getting popped would cost the team and chose to do it anyway. We all make bad decisions, like you said, hopefully this gets his attention.

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Damn you. That was my thought first.

We can share it

BroncoJoe
07-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Yep - I think I'll go home and smoke a bowl. Current employer be damned! It's legal here!!!

/sarcasm

Dapper Dan
We can share it

Puff puff give.

GEM
ouch 420, Thats like trying to charge people for public intoxication during Oktoberfest.

I always wonder about that.....having Oktoberfest, Great American Beer Fest, bars and clubs in downtown areas....how are people supposed to get home if it's legal to drink, but illegal to drive. :laugh: It's a nice set up for a $10,000 dui.

tubby
They are saying it is weed and one other recreational drug.

chazoe60
07-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Well, the preseason is 4 games long. Whew!!

I wish it worked that way.

The NFL treats preseason games like real games where ticket prices are concerned, why not where suspensions are concerned.

ShaneFalco
It's ultra-frustrating he did this. But I forgot pot was legal there. That's what I don't really get about what good it does for states to make pot legal. Even if pot were legal in CA I still couldn't partake as I'd be risking my job which is an unacceptable risk.

Back to football, this ******* sucks.
well ya this is kind of going off topic, but it was a safeguard put in place to get legalization passed. I think overtime it will be changed. But Colorado has been very good in taking pro legalization steps every couple of years, because as more time passes, the citizens see, its not a big deal. Really depends on who you work for and what you do.

Thnikkaman

For ****s sake. Lets put this in perspective. There are dozens of fitness supplements that are legal for everyone to take under the law, but professional athletes can be suspended because they are banned for their sport.

It is the responsibility of the athlete to only put in their body substances that are not band by the corporation that signs their checks.

Heroin could be legal under the Federal law and the NFL still has the FULL right to list it under their banned substances.

Von Miller makes millions of dollars a year, and the NFL has every right to take that away from him if Von Miller doesn't follow NFL rules. He's a dumb ass if he failed a piss test and didn't quit right after that. I'd like to know what the full story is, but it's still stupid.

You can debate the "Legal in CO but NFL bans it" argument all you want, but it's a bull shit argument.

vandammage13
07-22-2013, 11:10 AM
For those saying it's legal in CO so Von shouldn't be suspended...

The NFL, or any other private entity, can still have their own rules by which they want their members/employees to abide by.

I doubt the military will ever allow soldiers stationed at Ft. Carson to smoke pot even though the state allows it.

It might not be illegal for Von to show up to practice drunk (assuming he didn't drive there), but I would assume the NFL would be well within their rights to have a rule against it.

You can debate that their rules on pot are antiquated, but you cannot say they don't have the right to institute their own standards for employee conduct.

GEM
07-22-2013, 11:10 AM
They are saying it is weed and one other recreational drug.

??Yikes??

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 11:12 AM
No one implied Von didn't break a rule. The argument is mainly should or could that rule be changed. We aren't the appeals court. We aren't arguing his innocence.

GEM
I think we're over the fact of why it was wrong and that the NFL has every right to their own rules. That's been more than covered. I think most are making the argument that it's a silly rule to have.

Just as it can be said that it's a legal rule within the NFL, it can also be said by others that it is a dumb rule.

I think everyone agrees that Von made a dumb decision which will now cost the team, not just him.

rationalfan
For ****s sake. Lets put this in perspective. There are dozens of fitness supplements that are legal for everyone to take under the law, but professional athletes can be suspended because they are banned for their sport.

It is the responsibility of the athlete to only put in their body substances that are not band by the corporation that signs their checks.

Heroin could be legal under the Federal law and the NFL still has the FULL right to list it under their banned substances.

Von Miller makes millions of dollars a year, and the NFL has every right to take that away from him if Von Miller doesn't follow NFL rules. He's a dumb ass if he failed a piss test and didn't quit right after that. I'd like to know what the full story is, but it's still stupid.

You can debate the "Legal in CO but NFL bans it" argument all you want, but it's a bull shit argument.

spot-on.

though, i'm not sure what miller's financial compensation has to do with the argument. a poor man can break the rules and be punished too.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Right on! Regardless if a person thinks the zero tolerance is petty, it's the rule and Von knew it. I held him up to a higher standard than this, but if you want to ignore the rules then you pay the consequences and so does the team. Very disappointed in the kid.

Im just being honest, but i am not disappointed in him in doing something he decides to do in the off season. Im more disappointed in the NFL or policy to be honest. Just how i feel about.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:14 AM
They are about to cover this on NFL NETWORK

silkamilkamonico
07-22-2013, 11:15 AM
For those saying it's legal in CO so Von shouldn't be suspended...

The NFL, or any other private entity, can still have their own rules by which they want their members/employees to abide by.

I'm not sure the people ignoring this are smart enough to understand what policy is, or just can't see through the smoke in front of them.

My work has a dress code policy. If I ignore this policy, I will get fired, and my employer has a right to do so. The NFL has a weed policy. It ain't rocket science.

tomjonesrocks
07-22-2013, 11:15 AM
??Yikes??

Hmm. Yeah, that's coming from Vic Lombardi I guess. This shit's gettin' real...Blow? Smack?

Edit: Forgot about the purple drank / sizz. Say hello to Jamarcus for me...that's the other substance I am betting...Von go gangsta in the offseason?

Thnikkaman
07-22-2013, 11:16 AM
spot-on.

though, i'm not sure what miller's financial compensation has to do with the argument. a poor man can break the rules and be punished too.

I brought up the financial aspect of it that to make the point that Von is potentially sacrificing financial stability for a recreational activity that is banned by the NFL.

Nomad
Im just being honest, but i am not disappointed in him in doing something he decides to do in the off season. Im more disappointed in the NFL or policy to be honest. Just how i feel about.

I'm disappointed because this hurts the team. He knew the rules. I guess I don't get the 'I can do what I want regardless of the rules' mentality.

underrated29
I'm not sure the people ignoring this are smart enough to understand what policy is, or just can't see through the smoke in front of them.

My work has a dress code policy. If I ignore this policy, I will get fired, and my employer has a right to do so. The NFL has a weed policy. It ain't rocket science.

Are you part of a union? That is the difference I see. If you are please explain.

Nomad
07-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Let's hope this is his first and last time he does this, there is plenty of time to smoke dope after he retires.

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 11:20 AM

I guess I didnt realize the NFL signed his checks. In fact, I thought the NFL actually MADE money off of his status.

That's my point in general. He works for the Broncos...the Broncos should have the say in his discipline. But apparently that only applies to front office personel.

Northman
07-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Yep - I think I'll go home and smoke a bowl. Current employer be damned! It's legal here!!!

/sarcasm

I dont get drug tested at my work. I think ill go and buy a nickel bag. I need my fix.

GEM
07-22-2013, 11:24 AM

Silk, come on. Everyone commenting is smart enough to understand alot of things. Let's not take this to personal attacks. People are debating the common sense of the rule. They aren't so dumb as to not understand the rule itself.

Thnikkaman
07-22-2013, 11:25 AM
I guess I didnt realize the NFL signed his checks. In fact, I thought the NFL actually MADE money off of his status.

That's my point in general. He works for the Broncos...the Broncos should have the say in his discipline. But apparently that only applies to front office personel.

The Broncos do sign his checks, but the NFL is largely a revenue sharing league. So when the Broncos were selling Tebow jersies hand over fist, the other 31 teams were benefiting from this. I have no problem being corrected about who pays Miller, but since I view the NFL as more of a socialistic type business (every team shares the money made by the highest profit markets in the name of competitive balance) and not more Capitalistic (see the MLB) I said it the way I said it.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Mike Klis said Travis Henry won his marijuana appeal in 2006 in Denver.

Von releasing a statement soon.

VonDoom
I was already have a shit day at work, then I come back to my desk to find this. Yikes.

I think I echo what many have said - regardless of whether you like the rule, it IS the rule, and Von broke it. It's just disappointing, because I was hoping he would be above reproach for his career, and just continue to tear it up as he has already done. I even bought his jersey this year.

I was just thinking the other day how there haven't been that many news stories lately, as we lead up to TC, and how I wished there were something to talk about. This wasn't what I meant.

Nomad

What is the Players Association's agreement with the NFL regarding this matter? Does it specifically say the NFL is the deciding body or the team can also decide? I'm not sure.

GEM

In retrospect though, the front office handled the office guys with guidance from the NFL. They proposed a discipline and the NFL agreed to it. With players, I don't think the teams have a say in it.

broncofaninfla
I truly hate the offseason. Arrests, murders, DUI's etc.....
Are these "adults" so ignorant that need to need to be babysat during the offseason to stay out of trouble?

Northman
I always wonder about that.....having Oktoberfest, Great American Beer Fest, bars and clubs in downtown areas....how are people supposed to get home if it's legal to drink, but illegal to drive. :laugh: It's a nice set up for a $10,000 dui.

Hello, taxi!!!

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 11:27 AM
The Broncos do sign his checks, but the NFL is largely a revenue sharing league. So when the Broncos were selling Tebow jersies hand over fist, the other 31 teams were benefiting from this. I have no problem being corrected about who pays Miller, but since I view the NFL as more of a socialistic type business (every team shares the money made by the highest profit markets in the name of competitive balance) and not more Capitalistic (see the MLB) I said it the way I said it.

I get it...but then to my point...if he is a star and he sells jerseys, then the NFL and every other team make money off of his pot-smoking ass

Northman
07-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Exactly.

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Brandon Krisztal is reporting that the other drug is "Molly," whatever the F that is.

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Hello, taxi!!!

But you can get arrested for being drunk and walking to the corner to meet the taxi

GEM
Hello, taxi!!!

But you always get the dumbass who thinks he can blow under .08. I drink at home so I don't have to make that choice of when enough is enough.

tubby
Molly. High grade or new school ecstasy.

GEM
07-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Brandon Krisztal is reporting that the other drug is "Molly," whatever the F that is.

Molly is a pure form of ecstacy. If he's on that shit, he's a ****** idiot. That shit changes the molecular makeup of your brain.

Davii

League office gets the TV contracts done, revenue sharing, etc, etc, and the players union via the collective bargaining agreement has given the NFL control of player discipline. We're it not done in this manner every team would have to have their own agreement with the union.

So, what about the NCAA? Well, a few teams sued the NCAA for the ability to sign their own tv contracts, etc, and won. Once they did that they became their own businesses, the NCAA can't really do anything to players, only to the team's participation in the few things the NCAA died control. Additionally, there is no player union for colleges.

Denver Native (Carol)

First - Von may not be in Colorado yet - therefore, not taken in Colorado. It is legal in Colorado and Washington - so is it expected that the NFL should say - players for the Seahawks and Broncos can use it, but all other players can not because it is not legal in the state they play in?

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2013, 11:31 AM
from article:

Under NFL policy, testing positive for a performance enhancing drug is met with a immedidate suspension. Testing positive for a recreational drug lands the player in a testing program, and a second positive test triggers a suspension.

Miller's father, Von Miller Sr. said Miller and his agent Joby Branion are meeting and Miller will have a statement regarding the NFL action later Monday.

Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said the team is unable to provide a comment. The NFL has a confidentiality clause on such cases.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23707287/broncos-von-miller-faces-four-game-suspension

Northman
07-22-2013, 11:32 AM
But you can get arrested for being drunk and walking to the corner to meet the taxi

Hmmm, never happened to me before.

Nomad
07-22-2013, 11:33 AM
League office gets the TV contracts done, revenue sharing, etc, etc, and the players union via the collective bargaining agreement has given the NFL control of player discipline. We're it not done in this manner every team would have to have their own agreement with the union.

So, what about the NCAA? Well, a few teams sued the NCAA for the ability to sign their own tv contracts, etc, and won. Once they did that they became their own businesses, the NCAA can't really do anything to players, only to the team's participation in the few things the NCAA died control. Additionally, there is no player union for colleges.

Thanks for clarifying.

Northman
07-22-2013, 11:34 AM
I drink at home so I don't have to make that choice of when enough is enough.

Same here. Even now i end up driving Missy and her buddies to and from their nights out. Its not that hard either way. I guess i just dont have shiny spinning rims to show off. lol

SR
That's relevant...

ShaneFalco
I dont get drug tested at my work. I think ill go and buy a nickel bag. I need my fix.

of what? crack?

Anyone who says "fix" is definitely talking about something other then pot.

GEM
Molly is a pure form of ecstacy. If he's on that shit, he's a ****** idiot. That shit changes the molecular makeup of your brain.

A kid at my daughter's high school has been in and out of the hospital the last 2 months because of a bad molly experience. Bleeding on the brain.

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 11:35 AM
of what? crack?

Anyone who says "fix" is definitely talking about something other then pot.

Anything can be a "fix".

GEM
07-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Same here. Even now i end up driving Missy and her buddies to and from their nights out. Its not that hard either way. I guess i just dont have shiny spinning rims to show off. lol

Completely understand and agree. I just think the events are stupid in a world where they know people drive anyways and kill kids in drunk driving accidents.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:36 AM
I get it...but then to my point...if he is a star and he sells jerseys, then the NFL and every other team make money off of his pot-smoking ass
shit. Even more denver stoners will buy his jersey now. Goood thing i got mine, a year ago!

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:37 AM

oshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. thats the chemical used in Exstacy.

GEM
07-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Hmmm, never happened to me before.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. :shrugs: We had a guy who got a ticket for walking from the front door of the bar to the taxi a half a block away. It does happen. If a police officer is driving down the street and sees you stumbling down it, he can and will stop you and can and will ticket you.

Davii
07-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I got my burger "fix" this weekend. I never have a burger anymore. Man, that was a tasty burger.

Nomad
07-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I've read and seen where more employers are giving breathalyzers at work if they are suspicious of someone being drunk or hungover at work.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Sad truth is people WILL judge Von for this and this will change some peoples view of him.
This will stay with Von for the rest of his life.
People are self righteous and judgmental. Its the way it is. People are people. People like to get angry over stuff.

NFL players need to be as vigilant as Olympic athletes. Products that you can buy at the store can get you banned from the Olympics. Sure pot is legal here, but it is NOT legal in the NFL and can ruin your career. Not worth it.

Zweems56
07-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Brandon Krisztal ‏@BK1043 12m
As I said on @SportsCenter, a source close to Von that I trust said he was busted for both weed & "Molly" a form of MDMA

******* arrragggaghh!

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. :shrugs: We had a guy who got a ticket for walking from the front door of the bar to the taxi a half a block away. It does happen. If a police officer is driving down the street and sees you stumbling down it, he can and will stop you and can and will ticket you.

Yeah. It's the rule. It's stupid to break the rules. Some days a person may get lucky. But if a person breaks an obvious rule, they're dumb. Lucky, but dumb. Amiright?

tomjonesrocks
07-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Well, that kills the appeal as far as I'm concerned. I'm not able to throw stones--I took ecstacy a couple times in college -- but pot is one thing and that's another. And how long does THAT stay in your system? You go to a rave right before the test Von? What were you thinking?

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Dang it. Id like to hear what Von has to say. I've got to get some sleep doe.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Hilarious to think about.

I just imagine Von doing some of his sack dances in a giant rave.

Nomad
07-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Sad truth is people WILL judge Von for this and this will change some peoples view of him.
This will stay with Von for the rest of his life.
People are self righteous and judgmental. Its the way it is. People are people. People like to get angry over stuff.

NFL players need to be as vigilant as Olympic athletes. Products that you can buy at the store can get you banned from the Olympics. Sure pot is legal here, but it is NOT legal in the NFL and can ruin your career. Not worth it.

I am disappointed because this may hurt the team with his absence. I repeat the TEAM. As an individual, he can do what he wants, but this is what happens when you don't follow the rules. I won't hold it against him as long as this is the first and last time.

GEM
07-22-2013, 11:47 AM
I hope for his sake, he gets some help for the molly. That shit will **** you up big time in the long run. :(

pnbronco
07-22-2013, 11:48 AM
I got my burger "fix" this weekend. I never have a burger anymore. Man, that was a tasty burger.

For me it is Coca Cola. Been trying to give it up but had one last week on my drive home. The good thing for me was that it didn't taste as good as I remembered, so maybe it will be easier this next month when I'm driving all over.

Back to topic...........DANG IT!!!!!! :banghead:

tomjonesrocks
07-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Well, I love me some Von, but when it came time to buy a larger sized jersey for my 7-year old daughter this year, this makes me glad I went old-school and went with TD. Don't have to worry about him at this point...I don't THINK.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Well, I love me some Von, but when it came time to buy a larger sized jersey for my 7-year old daughter this year, this makes me glad I went old-school and went with TD. Don't have to worry about him at this point...I don't THINK.
just buy it for her when she goes to college.

GEM
So now that we have kind of gotten through the discussion on why it should or shouldn't be legal in the NFL.....

How does this effect Von's contract status? Say he doesn't win his appeal and it's a 4 game suspension, the next being an 8 game. He's a monster player, loved by the fans and a top player in the NFL.

With this kind of thing hanging over him the rest of his career, how does this effect the next contract the Broncos give him?

chazoe60

I bet you hate the paper hat. ;)

J/k BTW.

Nomad
I hope for his sake, he gets some help for the molly. That shit will **** you up big time in the long run. :(

Never heard of it until now. Just like bath salts, at first I thought it was the stuff woman used in the bathtub, but it seems to make a person want to eat another person.:lol:

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 11:51 AM
So now that we have kind of gotten through the discussion on why it should or shouldn't be legal in the NFL.....

How does this effect Von's contract status? Say he doesn't win his appeal and it's a 4 game suspension, the next being an 8 game. He's a monster player, loved by the fans and a top player in the NFL.

With this kind of thing hanging over him the rest of his career, how does this effect the next contract the Broncos give him?

12 or more games after that. If he stays clean and plays great, he'll still get a massive contract.

Dreadnought
07-22-2013, 11:51 AM
First - Von may not be in Colorado yet - therefore, not taken in Colorado. It is legal in Colorado and Washington - so is it expected that the NFL should say - players for the Seahawks and Broncos can use it, but all other players can not because it is not legal in the state they play in?

Its still illegal per federal law, which supersedes state law. All that the legalization measures did in CO and WA did was remove criminal sanctions from state statute. Weed remains illegal in the United States per U.S. Code, even medicinal weed. Doesn't mean that the states will (or even can) enforce federal law, but to say its legal in those two states isn't quite correct.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Pot is one thing, but if he is doing molly, well, thats a whole nother issue in itself. Thats beyond stupid.
Was he hanging around Manziel or something?
What is up with these Texas A n M guys? Just kidding

Davii
07-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Well, that kills the appeal as far as I'm concerned. I'm not able to throw stones--I took ecstacy a couple times in college -- but pot is one thing and that's another. And how long does THAT stay in your system? You go to a rave right before the test Von? What were you thinking?

3-5 days.

SR
Hilarious to think about.

I just imagine Von doing some of his sack dances in a giant rave.

Not surprising

Dapper Dan
Pot is one thing, but if he is doing molly, well, thats a whole nother issue in itself. Thats beyond stupid.

TAMU obviously has its issues.

Nomad
07-22-2013, 11:55 AM
PAGS got his wish:ohwell: :lol:

ShaneFalco
its not bad if the molly was just a one time thing. Im curious what led up the suspension. If he was doing molly all that time, then yes i would be concerned. But if it was just some one time rave thing in the offseason i dont care. Its his life.

GEM
Its still illegal per federal law, which supersedes state law. All that the legalization measures did in CO and WA did was remove criminal sanctions from state statute. Weed remains illegal in the United States per U.S. Code, even medicinal weed. Doesn't mean that the states will (or even can) enforce federal law, but to say its legal in those two states isn't quite correct.

Grow facilities here get busted by the DEA. Federal trumps state.

Nomad

Every college has their issues.

GEM
its not bad if the molly was just a one time thing. Im curious what led up the suspension. If he was doing molly all that time, then yes i would be concerned.

Not even worth one time. Hard to say no again if you liked the effects the first time. Just dumb.

Dapper Dan
07-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Every college has their issues.

Nah not Tennessee. We haven't had any problems for at least 15 minutes now.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Grow facilities here get busted by the DEA. Federal trumps state.

not since 2006-2008, when they tried and more facilities popped up then they could shut down. That shock and awe campaign was hilarious.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
its the Tebow Curse...we should have kept him...

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 12:02 PM
its the Tebow Curse...we should have kept him...

Why? I'd rather drug suspensions than have them implicated in murders.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Not even worth one time. Hard to say no again if you liked the effects the first time. Just dumb.

one time isnt horrible with hallucinogens or mdma or whatever that is. The key thing is what led up to the suspension. Like if he was doing Molly previously, yes that would set off some alarms about his future.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 12:04 PM
There is a large pot farm that is planned out in rural colorado. Neighbors are outraged and they are going to have armed guards around the farm 24/7.
Crazy this whole pot issue. Its available to anyone in colorado who wants it, legally. It may be hard for some players to not be tempted

Dzone
07-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Why? I'd rather drug suspensions than have them implicated in murders.
it was a joke dude.

GEM
07-22-2013, 12:07 PM
not since 2006-2008, when they tried and more facilities popped up then they could shut down. That shock and awe campaign was hilarious.

Nope, still happening. Not as prevalent, but still happening.

GEM
07-22-2013, 12:08 PM
one time isnt horrible with hallucinogens or mdma or whatever that is. The key thing is what led up to the suspension. Like if he was doing Molly previously, yes that would set off some alarms about his future.

If he did Molly period, it sets off some alarms. He has everything to lose.

GEM
07-22-2013, 12:09 PM

You don't even know what THAT is. We can sit and argue based on your not knowing. Changing the molecular make up of your brain, even ONCE is alarming. Pot whatever....molly nothing anyone can say would make me think that it's ok. It's dangerous and it destroys your brain.

CoachChaz
07-22-2013, 12:10 PM

We're located in the middle of nowhere, Texas. Shit happens.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2013, 12:11 PM
not sure if this has already been posted:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

According to NFL policy, first offense on recreational drug use is to put a player in program. Second offense is 4-game suspension.

According to NFL source, #Broncos LB Von Miller tested positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his rookie season of 2011.

GEM
07-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Guys, discussing the pot and why in the NFL is one thing. We can't have pictures of drugs and use on the site.

chazoe60
07-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Dammit Von. Pull yer head out.

aberdien
07-22-2013, 12:15 PM
So was it PED or pot?

If it's pot then Von is still a dummy but I am less worried about his performance in the future so I hope it is pot.

Nomad
07-22-2013, 12:15 PM
not sure if this has already been posted:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

According to NFL policy, first offense on recreational drug use is to put a player in program. Second offense is 4-game suspension.

According to NFL source, #Broncos LB Von Miller tested positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his rookie season of 2011.

Damn! I thought this was his first time.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 12:18 PM
wait so he tested positive for speed? not molly?

thats ritalin, add/adhd medicine, or METH or MDMA, is amphetamines , correct me if im wrong. basically what half the seahawks got suspended for.

GEM
07-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Molly shows up as an amphetamine in drug tests.

ShaneFalco
07-22-2013, 12:26 PM
so he tested postive for molly once and pot twice? Does it say the 2nd suspension?

GEM
07-22-2013, 12:27 PM
So was it PED or pot?

If it's pot then Von is still a dummy but I am less worried about his performance in the future so I hope it is pot.

They are reporting 2 recreational drugs.

GEM
07-22-2013, 12:27 PM
so he tested postive for molly once and pot twice? Does it say the 2nd suspension?

From my understanding it was both twice, could be wrong though.

ATLbroNCO
07-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Gonna miss him against the ravens...

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

No dates for Von Miller’s appeal of his four-game suspension have been set yet. Still being worked out.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Alcohol causes a little bit of permanent brain damage every time. Its ok in our society to do so.
But there are people who think nothing of getting trashed at oktoberfest, but if they hear someone smokes a joint, they are viewed as some kind of a drug fiend.
Its a lopsided double standard. But as for V Miller, well, he shouldnt have been smoking pot. He should know better. I really thought he had better sense than that. oh well.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
a little bit ago one of the people on thefan stated that testing for recreational drugs are only done before the start of training camp, and the start of the season.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Guys, discussing the pot and why in the NFL is one thing. We can't have pictures of drugs and use on the site.
No problem. It was the front page of a newspaper. Please Take down the pic of orton drinking also. Thats gross.

aberdien
07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Von still is a dumbass, but i'm just gonna say that it coulda been much worse than getting busted for smoking a J and doing some ecstasy.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2013, 12:45 PM
If this is the second time for Von, as reported by Mike Klis, how can he possibly win an appeal?

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2013, 12:51 PM
It is not yet clear what drug triggered Miller's positive test.

According to an NFL source, Miller tested positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his rookie season of 2011. Under NFL policy, testing positive for a recreational drug lands the player in a testing program, and three positive tests trigger a four-game suspension. Testing positive for a performance enhancing drug is met with an immediate suspension.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23707287/broncos-von-miller-faces-four-game-suspension

So, from what Klis said - he apparently tested positive two times before this latest test. I wonder if the appeal is based on only testing positive once, before this test, not testing positive twice before this test?

GEM
07-22-2013, 12:55 PM
No problem. It was the front page of a newspaper. Please Take down the pic of orton drinking also. Thats gross.

In our society, one is legal, the other isn't. Take it up with Congress, young man. ;)

Dzone
07-22-2013, 01:01 PM
In our society, one is legal, the other isn't. Take it up with Congress, young man. ;)
Thank you. The picture I posted was in every newspaper in the country. It had to do with athletes getting busted for what von miller did. Was trying to point out that it didnt destroy Michael Phelps career. Thats all. I wasnt trying to show off people doing drugs, nor was I condoning it.

Davii
07-22-2013, 01:02 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23707287/broncos-von-miller-faces-four-game-suspension

So, from what Klis said - he apparently tested positive two times before this latest test. I wonder if the appeal is based on only testing positive once, before this test, not testing positive twice before this test?

It's possible the NFL is counting two drugs as popping twice, but it's more likely that this is the typical appeal that every player in Von's position tries. In other words, it probably won't be successful.

However, if in fact there is a good reason for the appeal I hope he wins it.

No matter what comes from it I hope the young man learned his lesson and can stop acting the fool and letting his team down.

Northman
07-22-2013, 01:02 PM
If this is the second time for Von, as reported by Mike Klis, how can he possibly win an appeal?

I don't know, did he do it in Florida? Lol

Thnikkaman
07-22-2013, 01:03 PM

Molly is pharmaceutical grade ecstasy.

Dzone
07-22-2013, 01:06 PM
How stupid can you be? Selfish too. He let down the entire organization. His teammates especially

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2013, 01:08 PM
from article:

"He's a different guy, but I never thought he would risk his career. Gotta help him bounce back now. Can't turn my back on him. Disappointed yet concerned about the man. Still love him, though," a Broncos player, who wished to remain anonymous, said in a text to ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder.

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9498862/von-miller-denver-broncos-faces-suspension-sources

MOtorboat
07-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Molly is pharmaceutical grade ecstasy.

Sounds like some good shit.