PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Poll: Who is the best QB in the NFL right now? Aaron Rodgers, PFM, or other?

tomjonesrocks
07-20-2013, 10:57 PM
i just liked this based on the map.

Everyone pretty much thinks it's Aaron Rodgers except CO, UT, IN and a couple other states (who obviously voted PFM), Louisiana (Who are obviously thinking Brees) and the Northeast (who worship at Mt. Brady...)
http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=3817341

As expected?

Jsteve01
07-20-2013, 11:40 PM
It's Rodgers, he is the total package and has youth on his side.

MOtorboat
07-20-2013, 11:44 PM
I know people despise Trent Dilfer, but I like how he groups quarterbacks in tiers.

So, IMO, not his:

Tier 1 (In no particular order)
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees

Tier 2
Joe Flacco
Matthew Stafford
Eli Manning
Ben Roethoisberger
Matt Ryan

Tier 3
Robert Griffin, III
Andrew Luck
Matt Schaub
Tony Romo
Russell Wilson
Phillip Rivers
Andy Dalton

Tier 4
Jay Cutler
Cam Newton
Carson Palmer
Sam Bradford
Josh Freeman

Poet
07-21-2013, 01:36 AM
It's interesting that his first tier does not go to the prototypical "top five," standard. I think I like that actually, it's different, but you can put credence into it. I think a lot of people are going to put issue with Stafford being in the second tier. I agree with that though. The guy puts up insane numbers on a flawed team. I know there's the standard 'Calvin Johnson is the reason for his success,' argument.

atwater27
07-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Stafford too high. Replace him with Luck. Anyways, I would agree that Aaron Rodgers is at this moment the best QB in the league total skill and 'in his prime' wise. Which is pretty impressive considering Manning and Brady will be considered by many to be the best QB's of all time.

Simple Jaded
07-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I have no idea what people have against Stafford.

atwater27
07-21-2013, 11:46 PM
He totally imploded last year. Not the mark of a great QB. But I could be wrong.

Jsteve01
07-22-2013, 12:10 AM
difference between exploding from being beat around all the time and imploding

Poet
07-22-2013, 12:25 AM
He does a lot with a little. He has the best WR in the game and a good tight end. That's it. His line was awful, his backs were non-existant and Titus Young was his second option. I can't remember who said it,but the quote was "It was wise that the Lions gave him that huge contract. If they didn't, someone else would have."

broncohead
07-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Rogers is the best QB without a doubt imo. I like Stafford and think he'll have a better year with another receiving threat other than CJ. I don't think Flacco is a 2nd tier QB. Yes he has a super bowl ring but he isn't elite or even close imo. I'm not hatin on him cause they beet us in the playoffs either. Just feel like there is only one person on that offense that can change games and that's Rice.

Tebowtime2011
07-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Stafford too high. Replace him with Luck. Anyways, I would agree that Aaron Rodgers is at this moment the best QB in the league total skill and 'in his prime' wise. Which is pretty impressive considering Manning and Brady will be considered by many to be the best QB's of all time. Hell no andrew luck over matthew stafford makes absolutely no sense. Stafford to the most passes in a year consistently and Andrew Luck made way too many rookie mistakes last year. I don't understand the reason for hate of Stafford.