PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos' offense will be unstoppable

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2013, 07:03 PM
The changing dynamics of the NFL these days have led title contenders to rely on explosive offenses rather than shutdown defenses.

Teams lucky enough to land an elite quarterback often build around the talents of their marquee star. From implementing a scheme that amplifies the strengths of the signal-caller to stockpiling a roster chock full of playmaking options, the plan for building a title contender starts with the quarterback.

Denver Broncos executive John Elway and coach John Fox have given Peyton Manning enough weapons to run roughshod over the rest of the AFC. After breaking down the All-22 Coaches Film from last season, I came up with three reasons to think the Broncos' offense will be an unstoppable force in 2013.

rest, & video http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218386/article/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-offense-will-be-unstoppable

OrangeHoof
07-17-2013, 07:19 PM
I hate talk like this. Of course the offense can be stopped and good defenses will stop them. There's also the injury element. One or two key personnel go down and the offense may become exploitable.

BroncoWave
07-17-2013, 07:20 PM
I hate talk like this. Of course the offense can be stopped and good defenses will stop them. There's also the injury element. One or two key personnel go down and the offense may become exploitable.

It's called hyperbole. I doubt the author literally meant we will be impossible to stop.

Dzone
07-17-2013, 07:24 PM
A couple turnovers at the wrong time and the whole season can go down the drain

nevcraw
07-17-2013, 08:47 PM
doubt the players who got handed a one and done last year will be believing the hype.. I expect a giant chip on all their shoulders.

Ziggy
07-17-2013, 11:16 PM
The Broncos averaged 30 points/game last year. This year they've added Welker, Ball, and Manning is not coming off of a 1 year hiatus and trying to learn a new offense with the rest of the guys. 35 points/game is not an unreasonable expectation.

CrazyHorse
07-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Let's hope we have a top 5 defense again to go with it. I think we'll be at least top 10 for sure. Our only real loss was Doom.

BroncoJoe
07-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Let's hope we have a top 5 defense again to go with it. I think we'll be at least top 10 for sure. Our only real loss was Doom.

True, but the use of the term "loss" is highly debatable.