PDA

View Full Version : Lakers eyeing Melo, LeBron

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2013, 02:16 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers, whose plan to re-sign center Dwight Howard did not pan out this offseason, are poised to rebuild fast by focusing on the two biggest free agents of 2014 -- LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, front-office sources have told ESPN.

Opinions are split on whether the Lakers can actually land James or Anthony, with one source calling it "realistic" and another saying it was "far-fetched at this point." Nonetheless, the Lakers have made it clear they are positioning themselves for a run at one and perhaps even two of the superstars who could become free agents in 2014 by refusing to commit to any contract past this next season, multiple sources have said.

Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh also have early-termination options on the five-year deals they signed in the summer of 2010. Luol Deng, Danny Granger, Andrew Bogut and Dirk Nowitzki will be unrestricted free agents next summer.

rest - http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9484776/los-angeles-lakers-eye-carmelo-anthony-lebron-james-2014

MOtorboat
07-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Of course they are.

Ziggy
07-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Melo needs to follow LeBron somewhere. It's about the only way he's going to get a ring before his career is over.

Poet
07-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Melo needs to follow LeBron somewhere. It's about the only way he's going to get a ring before his career is over.

Can that combination even work?

BroncoWave
07-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Why would LeBron go to LA and give Kobe more rings when LeBron is chasing Kobe in rings? There is zero chance he goes there IMO.

Ziggy
07-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Can that combination even work?

I don't know King. I think that Melo is a lot like his old teammate Iverson. He needs to play on a team that wants him to take 20-30 shots/game. I don't really see Melo as a guy winning a championship unless he hooks up with a guy like LeBron and changes his ways.

Poet
07-17-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't know King. I think that Melo is a lot like his old teammate Iverson. He needs to play on a team that wants him to take 20-30 shots/game. I don't really see Melo as a guy winning a championship unless he hooks up with a guy like LeBron and changes his ways.

I think I agree with you.

Chillez
07-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Laker fan here. Please don't hate me they will pickup somebody good maybe great in summer of 2014. The question is who remands to be seen. Oh yeah for career resume Kobe >>> Lebron. Deal with it.

silkamilkamonico
10-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Oh yeah for career resume Kobe >>> Lebron. Deal with it.

What does that have to do with anything?

The Lakers wouldn't kick Kobe to the curb for Dwight Howard, rightfully so. But if LeBron says, "lose Kobe and I'll sign", would the Lakers do it?

Chillez
11-23-2013, 10:03 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

The Lakers wouldn't kick Kobe to the curb for Dwight Howard, rightfully so. But if LeBron says, "lose Kobe and I'll sign", would the Lakers do it?

Could they? Sure. Is it very likely? No...