PDA

View Full Version : NFL's top 10 receinving corps, Broncos ranked #2

CrazyHorse
07-16-2013, 08:31 PM
2. Denver Broncos: Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Jacob Tamme, Joel Dreessen, Julius Thomas

The Broncos' use of Thomas mirrors the Falcons' penchant for hitting Jones on screens and slants to take advantage of his run-after-catch prowess. According to Pro Football Focus, the wide receivers producing the league's two highest passer ratings from their quarterback last season were Thomas (126.2) and Decker (123.7). Throw in Welker as a premier slot receiver, and the Broncos have the best trio of wideouts in the game. Tamme and Dreessen aren't quite in Gonzalez's league, but Thomas makes for an interesting wild card as an athletic former hoopster who impressed in offseason practices.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218122/article/nfls-top-10-receiving-corps-atlanta-falcons-rank-no-1

Dzone
07-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Plus our receivers play outside in the weather, not some fake climate controlled dome like Atlanta. Hope we get Atlanta in the super bowl in new jersey and its cold

Poet
07-16-2013, 10:07 PM
I am not sold on the Colts being on that list.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Its hard to argue against the Falcons. Roddy White is clearly a #1 receiver who just happens to be on the same team as Julio Jones. Can you say the same thing about Decker?

CrazyHorse
07-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Last year Decker and Thomas' stats were basically on par with Jones and White. With the addition of Welker we now have three 1000 yard WR's. Tony Gonzalez is arguably a better TE than what we have but I think we're deeper at that position with Tamme, Dreessen, and Thomas.

OrangeHoof
07-17-2013, 08:06 AM
First of all, Manning in the cold may be a bad idea. Supposedly, he lacked feeling in his passing hand late during the Ravens loss which is why his passes looked so bad.

Second, I don't think there's any shame in admitting the Falcons have a better receiver corps. The Falcons have invested more in it. Next question is whether you'd rather have Manning throwing to them or Matt Ryan.

Third, so Orange Julius is still in the mix? Cool. I thought they had given up on him.

slim
07-17-2013, 02:25 PM
I am not sold on the Colts being on that list.

They deserve to be there more than the Cardinals do.

Poet
07-17-2013, 04:15 PM
They deserve to be there more than the Cardinals do.

There has to be more deserving teams. Granted this is just a silly offseason list that means nothing.

broncofaninfla
07-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Surprised Julious Thomas was even mentioned. While I am still holding out hope for him, he hasn't done anything to merit such recognition in his brief career so far.