PDA

View Full Version : Training camp in 15 days. What are you excited to see?

underrated29
07-10-2013, 11:45 AM
For me I want to see how Montee looks and see if he is going to be the beast I think he is.

I also want to see DRC, I have a very very very very very very good feeling about him on our team.

I am also excited to see how the Defense will put pressure on without doom, but with phillips, sly and our new guys.

I also want to see how much Wolfey has progressed and see if he can take this big step that the team is saying.

Finally I want to see if Rahim Moore is done being average and ready to be what a high 2nd rd pick should be. Awesome.

I am not really excited but more curious to see how we will use Trindon on offense.

Rick
07-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I want to especially see Ball light it up, see if Bruton can steal a starting spot, and see if Thomas can turn into a starting quality TE.

BroncoNut
07-10-2013, 12:21 PM
camp is nice, but I have a tough time getting "excited" about how good rehearsal goes. then again I don't have the prepubescent mentality of the OP. in any event, enjoy yourselfs :whackoff:

rationalfan
07-10-2013, 12:44 PM
rahim moore is average? really?

i guess four months of bloated rahim threads didn't change a thing.

underrated29
07-10-2013, 12:46 PM
rahim moore is average? really?

i guess four months of bloated rahim threads didn't change a thing.

I think he is average. Which starting safties do you rank below him?

underrated29
07-10-2013, 12:47 PM
I want to especially see Ball light it up, see if Bruton can steal a starting spot, and see if Thomas can turn into a starting quality TE.

JT will be a good one. The one time I did see him in camp he looked all world. Then last year? I think, he sucked big time. Forgot about him.

CoachChaz
07-10-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm more focused on what I DONT want to see. Injuries. We have some superior talent at a lot of positions, but the dropoff in depth is pretty big.

MasterShake
07-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm excited to see football officially back. Then I just get pissed after the first preseason game that I have to wait 3 more weeks for the real stuff to start. I do start listening to local sports talk 24/7 around that time though.

rationalfan
07-10-2013, 02:05 PM
I think he is average. Which starting safties do you rank below him?

statistically, anecdotally, rahim is better than average, but not elite.

i have no idea which starting safeties around the league should be ranked higher/lower. i don't really care about that thought process.

Dzone
07-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Im lookinjg forward to having football coverage because I am sooooo tired about hearing about the Rockies. I hate the Rockies and am sick of it. In fact, I hate baseball. It sucks. Bring on football!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-10-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm excited to see reports from the Denver media pretending they know what's going on after seeing 10% of the action.

BroncoNut
07-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Im lookinjg forward to having football coverage because I am sooooo tired about hearing about the Rockies. I hate the Rockies and am sick of it. In fact, I hate baseball. It sucks. Bring on football!

I am going through a pretty bad depression right now. it's been a few weeks. I think I did this time last year too. it might be football related. I hate summer for alot of reasons.

Buff
Coach said it. When you are among the Super Bowl favorites camp is more of a necessary evil than anything to get excited about.

I'm probably most interested in seeing Brock play the preseason. I want to see how he commands the offense and whether he is starting to look like a legitimate QB of the future.

BroncoJoe
I am going through a pretty bad depression right now. it's been a few weeks. I think I did this time last year too. it might be football related. I hate summer for alot of reasons.

Sounds like you need a trip to Colorado.

BroncoNut
07-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Sounds like you need a trip to Colorado.

I might Joe. supposed to get a free trip to Seattle in September, but havne't heard back from the folks on it. wonder if it's a scam

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-10-2013, 03:06 PM
I might Joe. supposed to get a free trip to Seattle in September, but havne't heard back from the folks on it. wonder if it's a scam

Those "free" trips are hard to organize. I ended up staying in the cockroach hotel in Denver a few years ago. We even lost our water for a few hours one morning. Oh well, it was still a great way to celebrate my son's 13th birthday.

BroncoNut
07-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Those "free" trips are hard to organize. I ended up staying in the cockroach hotel in Denver a few years ago. We even lost our water for a few hours one morning. Oh well, it was still a great way to celebrate my son's 13th birthday.

well loser, I am supposed to get not only free flights for 2, but also free board in a hotel of my and my partner's choosing. 3 days and 2 nights anywhere in the contingent 48.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-10-2013, 03:36 PM
well loser, I am supposed to get not only free flights for 2, but also free board in a hotel of my and my partner's choosing. 3 days and 2 nights anywhere in the contingent 48.

I believe our deal started something like that. Actually, the deal was partially my wife's fault. She originally booked the two nights on a Friday and Saturday instead of a Saturday\Sunday. So, that's why we ended up at the cockroach hotel. I couldn't complain much. We got it just for attending one of those vacation seminars where they try to corner you and pressure you into spending 5 grand.

Ziggy
07-10-2013, 04:58 PM
camp is nice, but I have a tough time getting "excited" about how good rehearsal goes. then again I don't have the prepubescent mentality of the OP. in any event, enjoy yourselfs :whackoff:

I disagree with you Nut. I've been going to camp since 1989, and you can tell a ton about the team by watching 'rehearsal.' I'm going up to camp twice this year and up to the scrimmage at the stadium. It has been a tradition with my son and I over the last decade or so. Father-son bonding time. He's 19 now and off to the military soon, so this might be our last year of doing it together for a while.

I'm looking forward to seeing quite a few things:
1. I want to see if this team has the same swagger as the 97,98 teams did. The chemistry and confidence was fun to watch even in practice in those years. There was just a different tone in the air.
2. I'm looking forward to seeing one of the most accurate passers in the history of the NFL go to work in the 2nd year in the same system. No questions about his arm or health this year, just fine tuning in preparation for a super bowl run.
3. I want to see if Monte Ball is going to be more like Clinton Portis or Sammy Winder.
4. I want to see the great wall of Denver playing on the right side of the Broncos offensive line. Franklin and Vasquez comprise the biggest guard-tackle combo the Broncos have ever had.
5. I'm looking forward to seeing if Sylvester Williams is going to be more like Trevor Pryce or Marcus Thomas.
6. I want to see how quickly Welker and Manning get on the same page, thereby terrifying defenses across the league.
7. I want to see if Shaun Phillips still has enough left in the tank to be a pass rushing threat from the opposite side of Von.
Etc., etc., etc.,

Dzone
07-10-2013, 05:19 PM
^Good post Zig, good post..very cool that you do that with your son every summer. Kudos to him for choosing to serve in the military.
I agree , pre-season is awesome and I cant wait

Ravage!!!
07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Ball. Excited about him.

Manning to Welker..... how could you not be excited to see this combo combined with the rest?

Our new DT.

BroncoWave
07-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Training camp more scares than excites me because of the risk of injuries. Just hope we can come out healthy. Injuries are the only thing I see possibly derailing this team this season.

Dzone
07-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Will Dysert challenge Oz for backup QB?

ShaneFalco
07-10-2013, 09:17 PM
I want to see Sylvester eat some QBs.

Ziggy
07-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Will Dysert challenge Oz for backup QB?

Not this year.

iLands
07-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Ziggy, will you be giving us awesome camp reports again this year?

Nomad
07-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Ball. Excited about him.

Manning to Welker..... how could you not be excited to see this combo combined with the rest?

Our new DT.

I agree.

Nomad
07-11-2013, 07:49 AM
I want to see Sylvester eat some QBs.

Not in training camp;) :lol:

vandammage13
07-11-2013, 10:37 AM

It is a bit prepubescent-as you put it- to get too excited about training camp...I remember as a kid getting so excited about preseason coming around, getting sick for days when losing a game with not much at stake in September, and dreading going to school on Monday after a loss to face my classmates who were fans of other teams as we talked about the NFL.

Nowadays, I don't get as excited as a used to...Losses don't bother me that much as they did when I was younger...Still, I kinda miss those days when I had so much invested in my team and my biggest worries in life were whether the Broncos were going to win on Sunday.

That being said, let me channel my inner childhood and get excited about the upcoming season...It is the dog days of summer, and we are legitimate contenders after all, so what's not to be excited about?

I'm looking forward firstly, as the OP stated, to Montee Ball. I am excited to have a potential dominant RB..A young guy without the injury concerns we had in previous years with McGahee and Knowshow. If this guy can learn quick enough to play with Manning's offense, any Bronco fan can't help but be excited about what might be with this kid.

Also interested in Derek Wolfe...Can he take that next step? Can't wait to see what he can do with a year under his belt in an expanded role with Doom gone. Playing opposite Von, this guy should get a lot of 1 on 1 matchups, and his physical skills lead me to believe that he can cause a great deal of disruption for us in the backfield.

Welker...Can he and Peyton quickly establish the same sort of chemistry that he had with Brady?...With DT and Decker on the outside, I am salivating at the prospects of an open middle for Welker to run freely and do his thing...Our offense has the potential to really be something special, remeniscent of our back to back SB squads.

TE...Who is going to emerge here? Tamme is solid, but will someone step up and have a breakout year?...Is Julius Thomas a bust or will he develop into something special as we all hoped when he was drafted a couple years ago. TE is the wildcard for us...with our WR's commanding so much attention, if one of those guys can step up we will be downright unstoppable.

Champ Bailey...Will he have a rennaisance of sorts or at least show he's not declining further from last year? Will he continue to be one of our best defensive players or will he quickly degrade into a liability due to father time? Any possible move to full time saftey? I think Champ is a big question mark for us in the secondary, but I am still optimistic.

A lot to be excited about...The kid in me can't wait for camp to start.

Ziggy
07-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Ziggy, will you be giving us awesome camp reports again this year?

I'll do some camp reports Ilands. I think I'm going up the 2nd day of camp to begin with. Can't wait.

KC is a toilet
07-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Julius Thomas. I just have a good feeling about Broncos TEs entering their third year.

Italianmobstr7
07-11-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm excited to see Welker & Ball in camp besides the obvious (Manning, Von, Champ). Obviously no injuries. I was at camp a lot last year & will be there a lot this year too. Fun to see even though it's just practice. Also interested to see how Brock will look after having a year under his belt.

BroncoNut
07-15-2013, 05:07 PM
I disagree with you Nut. I've been going to camp since 1989, and you can tell a ton about the team by watching 'rehearsal.' I'm going up to camp twice this year and up to the scrimmage at the stadium. It has been a tradition with my son and I over the last decade or so. Father-son bonding time. He's 19 now and off to the military soon, so this might be our last year of doing it together for a while.

I'm looking forward to seeing quite a few things:
1. I want to see if this team has the same swagger as the 97,98 teams did. The chemistry and confidence was fun to watch even in practice in those years. There was just a different tone in the air.
2. I'm looking forward to seeing one of the most accurate passers in the history of the NFL go to work in the 2nd year in the same system. No questions about his arm or health this year, just fine tuning in preparation for a super bowl run.
3. I want to see if Monte Ball is going to be more like Clinton Portis or Sammy Winder.
4. I want to see the great wall of Denver playing on the right side of the Broncos offensive line. Franklin and Vasquez comprise the biggest guard-tackle combo the Broncos have ever had.
5. I'm looking forward to seeing if Sylvester Williams is going to be more like Trevor Pryce or Marcus Thomas.
6. I want to see how quickly Welker and Manning get on the same page, thereby terrifying defenses across the league.
7. I want to see if Shaun Phillips still has enough left in the tank to be a pass rushing threat from the opposite side of Von.
Etc., etc., etc.,

of course you can, I never said that. it's how you build a team, no doubt. but to tell me you can determine how well your team is going tio do? rubbish imo. that's just me and why you play the games I guess.

slim
07-15-2013, 05:08 PM
I am excited to see David Bruton take Rahim's job.

BroncoNut
07-15-2013, 05:12 PM
I am excited to see David Bruton take Rahim's job.

do you hate Rahim Moore Slim?

slim
07-15-2013, 05:15 PM
do you hate Rahim Moore Slim?

No.

DenBronx
07-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Im excited to see the Chris Harris and Welker matchup.

WARHORSE
07-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Whats not to be excited about?

Oline vs Dline.

Secondary vs Receivers

Ball, Hillman, Williams, Welker, Cromartie.

I wanna hear about Brock too. Looking forward to him playing in the preseason.

When we run to the right side behind those two behemoths and then playaction behind them as well.

Biggest hope: Julius Thomas becomes starting TE.