PDA

View Full Version : Another Broncos Exec Charged with DUI

spikerman
07-09-2013, 06:38 PM
No, you are not experiencing deja vu.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A second Denver Broncos executive is facing drunken-driving charges, The Associated Press has learned.

Tom Heckert, the Broncos' recently hired director of pro personnel, was arrested in Parker on the night of June 11 and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9464607/tom-heckert-denver-broncos-facing-driving-influence-charges

OrangeHoof
07-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Think you can be a pro personnel person for the Broncos? Looks like there could be some openings...

topscribe
07-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Looks as if Nate Irving might be working out after all.

The personnel department is all out celebrating . . .

SR
07-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Jesus

LTC Pain
07-09-2013, 07:16 PM
#7 needs to clean house.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Denver Broncos president Joe Ellis said the team has been humiliated with recent drunken driving charges against Matt Russell and Tom Heckert, the top two assistants to football operations boss John Elway. Ellis promised severe discipline.

"This type of behavior is inexcusable, unacceptable and completely embarrassing," Ellis told The Denver Post. "It's embarrassing for us as a franchise, it's embarrassing for Mr. (Pat) Bowlen, it's especially embarrassing for our fans. We don't tolerate it and we're not going to."

Ellis added:

"My expectation is the discipline will be severe."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23628585/another-broncos-exec-facing-dui-charges-tom-heckert

SR
07-09-2013, 07:43 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23628585/another-broncos-exec-facing-dui-charges-tom-heckert

Hopefully this isn't some PR lip service

topscribe
07-09-2013, 07:45 PM
This is just surreal. I've never seen anything like his in all of the 50+ years of the franchise's history . . .

tomjonesrocks
07-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't understand the story. This happened 6/11 but is just now moving forward?

WTE
07-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Elway likes to hire his drinking buddies! Don't worry. He can probably transfer Russell and Heckert to sell cars at his Chevy dealership.

topscribe
07-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Elway likes to hire his drinking buddies! Don't worry. He can probably transfer Russell and Heckhert to sell cars at his Chevy dealership.
Well, that's probably the perception outside Broncos Country. It's a terribly
embarrassing situation, which will only make it worse for them.

Buff
07-09-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't understand the story. This happened 6/11 but is just now moving forward?

I'm guessing the Broncos had it swept under the rug until a giant spotlight was shone on them as a result of the Russell arrest. But I do wonder what specifically motivated them to come out with it now. Like, did a reporter uncover the news and ask them for comment, or did they feel like they had to come out with it now because of Russell?

WTE
07-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Well, that's probably the perception outside Broncos Country. It's a terribly
embarrassing situation, which will only make it worse for them.

Does Elway still have his Ford Dealerships? Or did he lose that in a drunken stupor?

topscribe
07-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Does Elway still have his Ford Dealerships? Or did he lose that in a drunken stupor?
This is not the smack forum, WTE . . .

WTE
07-09-2013, 09:23 PM
This is not the smack forum, WTE . . .

It was a serious question Tops. I worry about Russell and Heckert and hope that Elway can find them work.

I heard the F-150 is selling very well these days. Does John still sell Fords?

jhildebrand
07-09-2013, 11:53 PM
If you say this is unacceptable then show it by canning them. Otherwise your actions say it is acceptable.

Matt Russell hit the back of a parked police car going 40 mph.

jhildebrand
07-09-2013, 11:53 PM
It was a serious question Tops. I worry about Russell and Heckert and hope that Elway can find them work.

They are selling like hot cakes. I bought one myself!

Dzone
07-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Damn, dude looks ****** up

sneakers
07-10-2013, 06:47 AM
white people....

Traveler
07-10-2013, 07:43 AM
white people....

LMAO! Sorry, but that caught me off guard.

topscribe
07-10-2013, 12:54 PM
So, you guys racially profiling us white people now?

Dzone
07-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Lets discuss these cases. What do you all think should happen to them? The detroit guy got a 30 day suspension and $100,000 fine for his DUI. Goodell is saying he wants to increase punishments for drunk driving.
Will heckert and russell get fired, fined or/and suspended? How will this affect the Broncos season?

Buff
07-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Lets discuss these cases. What do you all think should happen to them? The detroit guy got a 30 day suspension and $100,000 fine for his DUI. Goodell is saying he wants to increase punishments for drunk driving.
Will heckert and russell get fired, fined or/and suspended? How will this affect the Broncos season?

Russell is too valuable to fire. We blocked his GM candidacy with the Chargers, which means we have big plans for him.

Heckert is lucky that his offense actually happened prior to Russell's. If this happened after Russell, he'd likely be fired. But the Broncos can't fire him now after they were prepared to sweep it under the rug a few weeks ago.

They will both be fined and suspended. I suspect Russell's will be worse given how egregious his offense was.

Traveler
07-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Russell- 90 day suspension, $300,000 fine for DUI- dude hit two vehicles. Lucky the accidents didn't take any lives.

Heckert- 30 day suspension and $100,000 fine DUI. Could also see them firing him outright since he hasn't been with the organzation long enough to matter to the fanbase. Anyone know how good is he at his job? Haven't done much research on his time in CLE.

rationalfan
07-10-2013, 02:02 PM
serious question for conversation: if these were two players, would most of us be lobbying for them to be cut?

The Glue Factory
07-10-2013, 02:04 PM

About as serious as Captain Kangaroo. The comment was 100% smack, kindly take it elsewhere. :tsk:

Buff
07-10-2013, 02:07 PM
serious question for conversation: if these were two players, would most of us be lobbying for them to be cut?

Vic Lombardi made the point on the radio today - if you could guarantee a Broncos Super Bowl appearance, but also had to agree to 3 more player DUIs between now and then, would you do it? And for most people the answer is clearly yes despite the feigned moral outrage.

So nobody actually cares - it's all about winning, ability and value to the franchise. If Peyton got a DUI tomorrow nobody would be calling for his job.

Dzone
07-10-2013, 02:18 PM
If players can get suspended for testing positive for weed, they should also get suspended for drinking...of course we are splitting hairs here

DenBronx
07-10-2013, 02:30 PM

I have a couple of buddies who have had DUIs before. Don't think they are bad guys but they made terrible decisions that caused them to lose their license and put lives in danger. I have drove over the limit before myself years ago but that was in my early 20's. Now, I wouldnt dare drive over the limit.

In this case these two guys are executives and represent our franchise. I guess you could also say players represent the franchise but the front office sets the example first. Their punishments should be severe and even termination considered. But you are right, if it was a player would most of us feel like he should be cut? Well, clearly we didnt cut players with DUIs before and I doubt we would cut one especially if he didnt have a history of DUIs.

Either way, Tom Nalen seems pretty pissed off about the way the Broncos have handled it so far.

Dzone
07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Whatever happened to Carmelo Anthony after he got a DUI in Denver after a game?

dogfish
07-10-2013, 03:30 PM
i think we should just execute both of them in a public ceremony at dove valley. . .

GEM
07-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Elway likes to hire his drinking buddies! Don't worry. He can probably transfer Russell and Heckert to sell cars at his Chevy dealership.

Guess it's better than hiring murderers...

GEM
07-10-2013, 03:34 PM

He sold the old ones and bought a new brand.

At least he didn't kill a guy over a drunken night out of you talked to someone I don't like...

topscribe
07-10-2013, 09:17 PM
i think we should just execute both of them in a public ceremony at dove valley. . .
30 days in the electric chair!!

(Oh, I guess I already used that one.)

ShaneFalco
07-10-2013, 09:17 PM
wow another...

Simple Jaded
07-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Guess it's better than hiring murderers...

A murderer that's stupid enough to hire witnesses for the prosecution. Allegedly.

jhildebrand
07-11-2013, 01:11 AM

Donte Stallworth says :hi:

I guess we could say Belichick and Kraft like their criminals also to be killers :coffee:

DenBronx
07-11-2013, 02:14 PM

Alphonso Denard says hello