PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Mavs eye Andrew Bynum

Denver Native (Carol)
07-06-2013, 01:03 PM
After moving on from Dwight Howard's decision to head to Houston, the Dallas Mavericks have started to seriously pursue Andrew Bynum, sources have said.

The Mavs will proceed with caution due to the knee condition that caused the 7-foot, 285-pound Bynum to miss all of his lone season with the Philadelphia 76ers, the sources said.

The evaluation process of the 25-year-old Bynum's problematic knees will be "exhaustive," according to the sources.

rest - http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/9454538/dallas-mavericks-careful-pursuit-andrew-bynum-sources-say

BroncoWave
07-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Big men almost never come back all the way from knee and foot injuries, but when he was healthy, people were debating he and Howard as the best centers in the league. He's still pretty young, so that could be a steal if he gets healthy. That's a pretty big IF though.

tomjonesrocks
07-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Bynum is done, and he's not a good enough guy to feel bad about it over.

At least with Howard leaving and the Lakers getting zero in return both teams got ****** and not just the Sixers.

Rick
07-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Technically all 3 teams that got a major player out of the deal have all lost that player this year.

Howard bailed on the Lakers, Iggy bailed on Denver, Bynum bailed on the 76ers.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-07-2013, 09:32 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers have joined the Dallas Mavericks as a prime team to watch in the race to sign free-agent center Andrew Bynum.

Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that the Cavaliers are legitimate contenders to sign Bynum after his lost season in Philadelphia, especially if the former Los Angeles Lakers All-Star is willing to sign a one-year deal.

Initial indications are that the Cavaliers won't offer more than a one-year deal to Bynum to preserve all of their projected salary-cap space in the summer of 2014 and the expected free-agent pursuit of LeBron James. But Cleveland does still have roughly $15 million in available salary-cap space to use this summer and, sources say, they have legitimate interest in Bynum.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9457877/cleveland-cavaliers-join-dallas-mavericks-race-andrew-bynum-sources-say

Oh - I can hardly wait for 2014 - I am keeping my talents in South Beach, OR - I am taking my talents back home.

CoachChaz
07-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm so glad my care for the NBA has gone downhill. Thank God for the Orioles, Broncos and Stars