PDA

View Full Version : Going to the D-Backs/Rockies tonight

FanInAZ
07-05-2013, 02:34 PM
When we bought the tickets a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking about starting a smack thread. However, with the way the D-Backs got smacked around on this last road trip, its hard to find much to boast about. Our pitching, especially our bullpen, has gone south. Us winning the last 2 games doesn't blot out the fact that we went 25 games straight without a win for our starting pitchers. Our hitters have been slumping as well.

The good news for us, you guys haven't been doing much better lately. With the way NLW is going right now, any of us could be in 1st place by the AS break & any of us could be last. Our local announcers are trying to spin it as the NLW being a “competitive” division. It seems to me that our division stinks. We may be leading the division, but we’d be in 3rd place if we were in the NLE & 4th place if we were in the NLC.

Nevertheless, we’re going to game & rooting for a D-Back’s win at the expense of the Rockies. We’ll be sitting about half way up just to the left of the catcher. So we won’t be getting any souvenir balls, but will have one of the best seats in the house to see any throws to the plates.

MOtorboat
07-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Been to almost every minor league park down there (except the Rockies/Diamondbacks new digs), but I've never been to the BOB or whatever it's called now.

SR
07-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Been to almost every minor league park down there (except the Rockies/Diamondbacks new digs), but I've never been to the BOB or whatever it's called now.

It used to be BOB...Bank One Ballpark. It's Chase Field now. Nice place. Been to lots of games there.

MOtorboat
07-05-2013, 05:46 PM
It used to be BOB...Bank One Ballpark. It's Chase Field now. Nice place. Been to lots of games there.

I don't think I've ever been in Phoenix during the regular baseball season.

SR
07-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't think I've ever been in Phoenix during the regular baseball season.

It's hot.